Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The next game I'll play after TLOU2 is TLOU2 again but I need like a month break between

snipe
https://i.imgur.com/cheMXU7.mp4

el oso fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

A couple pages back people were talking about their partners watching them play death stranding. My housemate asked if Sam and Higgs were gay lovers. I had to stop myself from saying “well in Kojima-sans critically acclaimed series Metal Gear it tells the story of Snake and Revolver Ocelot aka Adamska aka Shalashaska...”

I think she’d like it :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just remembered I had the uncharted 4: Lost Legacy DLC downloaded world I might play that as a palette cleanser. It’s only 8 hours or so? And naughty dog level of production, and a rad action romp.

I cannot fathom going from TLOU2 straight to Spider-Man or Bloodborne or something lol.

Yeah It's probably 8-10 hours depending on if you do optional stuff. It's very good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The only game I could fire up after TLoU2 is The Last Guardian, which i'm hoping will keep me busy until Sushi Ghost comes out. Trico is a cool and good friend.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Where do people get these last of us gifs? Are they made 3rd party in some rendering engine?

Please tell me Naughty Dog made like a Last of Us bloopers reel.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Hey I got Outer Wilds and keep crashing into the big balls in the sky I think I'm gonna uninstall wtf is this game even

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Not true, that had the white Destiny models, etc, which were cheaper quality

Really? I still have my white destiny model and I’ve not had a single problem, original controllers AND the fans are quiet. Strange times

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Grem posted:

Hey I got Outer Wilds and keep crashing into the big balls in the sky I think I'm gonna uninstall wtf is this game even

you should simply stop crashing

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Grem posted:

Use the autopilot to bring your velocity relative to whatever ball your crashing into to zero. Then move only one axis at a time towards the ball to land. Once you get used to the autopilot stop command, you can use it incessantly to approach and stop and speed up and stop and so on, things get very easy.

It’s an astounding little work of art.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm so out of the loop I had no idea Devolver had another direct two days ago. I've gotta ask, is anyone here familiar with Shadow Warrior? I remember there being something about it being weirdly racist, does that ring any bells for anyone in here?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just remembered I had the uncharted 4: Lost Legacy DLC downloaded world I might play that as a palette cleanser. It’s only 8 hours or so? And naughty dog level of production, and a rad action romp.

I cannot fathom going from TLOU2 straight to Spider-Man or Bloodborne or something lol.

That's because you shouldn't, you should go from TLOU2 to Dragon Quest XI or Unravel instead. Something less harrowing and colorful and won't make you mad because people quip instead of converse.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The original (DOS) Shadow Warrior has not aged very well at all in a number of ways. The sequels aren’t nearly as bad.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I've been interested in playing Final Fantasy XV how close does it play to the 7 remake? I liked that a lot and really don't want to play a traditional jrpg.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The original Shadow Warrior is bad and racist, the reboot from a few years ago is an extremely fun and cool Ninja FPS game where the main character is constantly making fun of the game for being a stereotyped mess and is very tongue-in-cheek and inoffensive. I absolutely LOVED it. I never played the sequel because I heard it was bad.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Evil Vin posted:

I've been interested in playing Final Fantasy XV how close does it play to the 7 remake? I liked that a lot and really don't want to play a traditional jrpg.

Not very!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's pretty much Duke Nukem 3D with the funny action movie jokes replaced by bad asian jokes

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Blind Rasputin posted:

Where do people get these last of us gifs? Are they made 3rd party in some rendering engine?

Please tell me Naughty Dog made like a Last of Us bloopers reel.

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1273827860755537921

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1273832364246884352

https://twitter.com/evan_wells/status/1273828558801010688

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

The original Shadow Warrior is bad and racist, the reboot from a few years ago is an extremely fun and cool Ninja FPS game where the main character is constantly making fun of the game for being a stereotyped mess and is very tongue-in-cheek and inoffensive. I absolutely LOVED it. I never played the sequel because I heard it was bad.
The second one is randomly generated looter shooter but I just felt it required way too fast action for all the choices that it makes you make about weapons and stuff. Also the loot menus are awful which is pretty bad for a loot based game.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

won't make you mad because people quip instead of converse.

yeah that conversation about who killed someone at a younger age was full of quips. same with the one about what Judaism means to them

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

morallyobjected posted:

yeah that conversation about who killed someone at a younger age was full of quips. same with the one about what Judaism means to them

p sure they were saying uncharted is quippy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dewgy posted:

The original (DOS) Shadow Warrior has not aged very well at all in a number of ways. The sequels aren’t nearly as bad.

Bust Rodd posted:

Hmm, okay. I was convinced the conversation I got that from was talking about 2 but it intentionally ridiculing the stuff would go over my head since I never played it myself.

morallyobjected posted:

mysterious frankie posted:

p sure they were saying uncharted is quippy

A for effort guys, but you still missed the ball.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I mean I still don't get it but I'll own up to missing whatever point you were making

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Grem posted:

You have to fly like you're a physics object, not a videogame space jet. The autopilot will help a lot but you still have to learn to fly by matching the speed of an object and then approaching it without just accelerating into a crash. All of the planets have a gravity well so once you're close enough you'll want to boost away from the planet to decelerate and land safely. It's really hard at first because so many games give you flight controls that are like, "use the left stick to steer and press x to go forward!" and OW is built to let you fly an object in a physics simulator. Once I got the hang of it I loved it!

It's similar to how Death Stranding makes just walking around and climbing things into the meat of the gameplay by giving it more depth (you can stumble and fall, you can run out of stamina, you can't just press x to climb everything AssCreed style).

I mean if you're not into it that's fine but it's an incredible game and like nothing else I've played. Part of what makes it different is that it just drops you in a big playground and lets you figure out what's happening and why entirely at your own pace. It requires more patience than your typical game that starts off with an hour of tutorials.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also learn to use the landing camera, it adds a good deal of assistance when you turn it on and makes landing much simpler.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
https://v.redd.it/o1euutsn9qa51

Uhh holy poo poo??? That looks amazing

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

RareAcumen posted:

I’m fairly certain you forgot the ball at home and just made the pitching motion, but alright.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not cos that looks.....fine I guess? Seems like pretty standard videogame combat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The Japanese sushi ghost trailer is awesome.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

People were expecting feudal tax collector rear end creed, that looks a lot more fun than rear end creed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But...it’s just dodging and pressing the attack button. With a parry at one point?

I’m sorry I’m not trying to be rude, I’m just a bit confused about what you’re seeing there that I’m not.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not cos that looks.....fine I guess? Seems like pretty standard videogame combat.

It looks pretty fun tbh.

E: like Asscreed still has these ultra wonky hit boxes and kill moves where you're out of sync. This is nice to look at and the moves are easy on the eye.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Escobarbarian posted:

But...it’s just dodging and pressing the attack button. With a parry at one point?

I’m sorry I’m not trying to be rude, I’m just a bit confused about what you’re seeing there that I’m not.

It loving looks cool that's what.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm sorry you're so boring

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
😔 if you were just saying it looks fun then I misinterpreted and I’m sorry! I’m used to people itt thinking only fromsoft combat with lots of depth* is good

*apparently

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Maybe it’s extremely nuanced and one wrong move can spell doo- oh wait that’s Sekiro.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Well yeah if a dude comes in and says hey check out this samurai game it looks cool, and you start being a grognard about it don't get shocked at a little pushback. A cigar is just a cigar sometimes

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I haven't bothered to look at actual game reviews in a long time, what are some good places to look at for sushi ghost impressions tomorrow?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

The only game I could fire up after TLoU2 is The Last Guardian, which i'm hoping will keep me busy until Sushi Ghost comes out. Trico is a cool and good friend.

wow, :golfclap: I loving envy you and the feels you're getting this summer. TLG is just about the most emotional ending to a game I've ever experienced.

Evil Vin posted:

It plays more like a standard open world game with a lot of running around. Combat in 15 was a beta test for FF7R, so it feels loose and fun but also kind of all over the place and hard to act with precision, and menu implementation is really rough whereas 7R feels perfect and has some of the tightest menu-assisted rpg combat ever.

They patched a lot of good stuff into FFXV and you'll probably enjoy it, but it will definitely feel like a collection of ideas in-progress whereas 7R feels like a very polished, well considered, jrpg benchmark.

God, those comments are some supremely ugly internet. Warning :siren:

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I dunno, that looks a bit like watered down Sekiro to me. What are people seeing here that I am not :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I haven't bothered to look at actual game reviews in a long time, what are some good places to look at for sushi ghost impressions tomorrow?

Polygon and Kotaku are this thread’s favourites!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

I mean I still don't get it but I'll own up to missing whatever point you were making

mysterious frankie posted:

I’m fairly certain you forgot the ball at home and just made the pitching motion, but alright.

I-I even added a picture this time. I was just talking about Spider-Man and not Uncharted. There's not a ton of layers to it beyond that!

If you wanna dig for something more to it then him being a Marvel character and no one in the MCU having a normal conversation is a way to look at it but all I was getting at was Spider-Man makes quips, that's why that's the screenshot of him with quips as a power blatantly visible too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

There are a few posters itt in the sushi vanguard laying down their preorder dollars to bring you the news asap.