Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Hard enough that for the moment I'd say just chill with us in KF Standing on mumble. You can tag along and do whatever and once recruitment goes back to normal see about switching over.

You won't have access to some of the Corp perks but the important thing of not being alone and having questions answered will be enough for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

Salvaging is fun. I made more money in like an hour in null sec than i was doing the missions in high sec. Also you see tons of goons all over which is neat. I'm in like a giant stupid super-shielded salvage tugboat destroyer lol

Tier 2 Salvaging is even better. Grab a ship with a big cargo hold and a Cambat Probe Launcher. With that you can scan down abandoned drones. People often leave their drones in space when they see reds and warp back to station, and then never bother to recover them. Goons are rich so you will mostly see T2 drones worth 1m isk+ each including valuable fighter drones and some times even Geckos!

You can make even more cash salvaging abandoned drones than wrecks

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
Geckos are worth like 100m now, you find them you scoop them, you rich in no time!

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I went in to a wormhole for the first time today.

Got some ore, didnt die. Feeling pretty good here.

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

angry armadillo posted:

Wormholes are pretty scary places, I’ve been thinking of spending more time in them. But yeah good stuff keep it up.

RaffyTaffy
Oct 15, 2008

Calipark posted:

I got back into GoonWaffe, but realize I might be better suited to kid gloving it in KarmaFleet for a while.

How hard would it be to transfer over? Is it even worth it?

There is a group called friends of karmafleet or something like that apply to that so you can get pings for things they do if you want that.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
24/7 cloaky camping with an army of alts being paid for by skillfarming seems pretty loving broken.

Also I think I might explore wormholes more in my spare time. It's been quite a while since I've been in them. I was doing some scanning for fun today and found one. I thought about getting in it, but it was unstable and about to collapse, so I didn't want to end up having to haul my rear end home from it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

angry armadillo posted:

Wormholes are very fun! The best ships to tool around in are Astero and Stratios. The top tier is a T3 Cruiser, but those are expensive and take a lot of training.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Rutibex posted:

Wormholes are very fun! The best ships to tool around in are Astero and Stratios. The top tier is a T3 Cruiser, but those are expensive and take a lot of training.

Having come back from a big ol' break - what would you say the best wormhole pve T3 cruiser is?

Further - the best generic PVP T3?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Thunder Moose posted:

Having come back from a big ol' break - what would you say the best wormhole pve T3 cruiser is?

Further - the best generic PVP T3?

I like the Proteus best because you can fit it with drones and drones can do anything! Salvage drones are nice and you have enough space to hold some without impacting your combat ability. Same with a repair drone or something.

But I'm also an idiot so you shouldn't listen to me. I don't think the Proteus is very popular in the "meta"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

me and the lads are rolling NS statics for fun and profit and just immediately rolling anything that links to delve, period basis, querious, or fountain

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Rutibex posted:

I like the Proteus best because you can fit it with drones and drones can do anything! Salvage drones are nice and you have enough space to hold some without impacting your combat ability. Same with a repair drone or something.

But I'm also an idiot so you shouldn't listen to me. I don't think the Proteus is very popular in the "meta"

Dude we play a spreadsheet simulator, we're all stupid...

I was leaning towards Proteus due to drones being a nice swiss army knife, or tengu due to damage application.

But tengus are BORING AS F.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I've made a fair amount of money randomly jumping around in a destroyer salvaging wrecks I've found at the gates near goon central. The only downside is that every third trip I get immediately warp disrupted as soon as I show up at the gate and am subsequently blown up in what feels like a single shot. It's still a money making proposition, but I am now on Tugboat VI and I'm starting to think this isn't a good use of my time

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Something reminded me of EVE yesterday so I had a look at some wiki articles and such mostly due to boredom.

The Armageddon is a droneboat now?

GodfatherLookAtHowTheyMurderedMyPoorBoy.jpg

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Its a great ship.
Well, it was before all this triglavian crap. Navy geddon is still a shooty boi

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Stereotype posted:

I've made a fair amount of money randomly jumping around in a destroyer salvaging wrecks I've found at the gates near goon central. The only downside is that every third trip I get immediately warp disrupted as soon as I show up at the gate and am subsequently blown up in what feels like a single shot. It's still a money making proposition, but I am now on Tugboat VI and I'm starting to think this isn't a good use of my time

The question is not "is this a good use of my time", the question is "are you making good isk/hour doing this despite the risks?".

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Xerxes17 posted:

Something reminded me of EVE yesterday so I had a look at some wiki articles and such mostly due to boredom.

The Armageddon is a droneboat now?

GodfatherLookAtHowTheyMurderedMyPoorBoy.jpg

The Armageddon is a neut/drone platform and it's a lot of fun.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Does anyone have a nice Jackdaw pvp fitting?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

lite_sleepr posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/85590006/

your milage may vary

Smoose
Aug 17, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

I'd probably use a Hecate or Svipul over Jackdaw. Jackdaw's are great for fleets though.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
My character is a Caldari purist because the last time I played (2009) Caldari were great. Cerberus was THE HAC. However, right now I'm with some Triglavian outfit fighting for the Greater Good of the Abyss. Precursor ships are :fuckoff: expensive though and I can barely afford the frigate I bought.

In order to try helping out, a Jackdaw seems like the nicest EDENCOM frigate destroyer I can muster.

I can't find any hardcore Caldari role players anywhere :(

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 14, 2020

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Is there a major war going on atm?

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Animal-Mother posted:

no just a minor one

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Animal-Mother posted:

There's a war going, yeah. There's pretty much daily fights from it. Most of it doesn't feel on the scale of 2013 fountain war, which is my personal reference to big eve wars, but there are certainly fights going on and pings during big hours in any of the popular timezones.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
So is there like any active social scene in goonwaffe at all these days? The newbee channel has occasional folks available to help, but Gooniversity Jabber is dead, GFGBS is dead. I get that these forums are kind of a tapped vein these days, should I just be looking at the broader alliance comms for things?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Goonwaffe itself, no not really. Elysium is basically new gfgbs, beyond that you can join whatever other channels

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Velius posted:

So is there like any active social scene in goonwaffe at all these days? The newbee channel has occasional folks available to help, but Gooniversity Jabber is dead, GFGBS is dead. I get that these forums are kind of a tapped vein these days, should I just be looking at the broader alliance comms for things?

Yes, post in gs_isk and elysium if you want eve chat and gbs respectively

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
My application was accepted but I haven't joined in-game yet. After seeing an AUTZ video recently, I found out there's a pretty sizable and active group of Aussies living in NPC nullsec. I kinda don't want to be stuck doing things alone most of the time after work, and I'm thinking it might be better to play with same tz bogans.

What's goon activity like around AU TZ (+/- 3 hours around DT)? Are there any Aussies?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Red Herring posted:

My application was accepted but I haven't joined in-game yet. After seeing an AUTZ video recently, I found out there's a pretty sizable and active group of Aussies living in NPC nullsec. I kinda don't want to be stuck doing things alone most of the time after work, and I'm thinking it might be better to play with same tz bogans.

What's goon activity like around AU TZ (+/- 3 hours around DT)? Are there any Aussies?

There’s heaps enough to do fun fleets

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Yeah there’s tons of people up late evening Hawaii time, which I think is close to Australia time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Yeah there’s tons of people up late evening Hawaii time, which I think is close to Australia time

I think you’re like 20h apart since they’re 15h ahead of me

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I know that New Zealand is only one hour from Hawaii (well, 23 hours), so 20 hours makes sense.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah it's like a 4 hour difference, so my primetime (8pm) is around midnight Hawaii.

Thanks for the answers, looks like I'll have goonbros to fly with :unsmith:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
In previous wars, you'd have a lot more to do because they were all timezone tanking. There's still stuff to do, just the big hurfs right now are mostly EU/US instead of AUTZ/downtime

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

lite_sleepr posted:

I can't find any hardcore Caldari role players anywhere :(

Check your local 0.5 mission running hubs, there are plenty of the bots hardcore raven/golem pilots :sun:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

gwrtheyrn posted:

Goonwaffe itself, no not really. Elysium is basically new gfgbs, beyond that you can join whatever other channels

gfgbs still exists. There's only like 30 people in it, though, and only 3 of us talk at anything even remotely close to regularly. I'm mostly there to catch the odd resubbing bittervet.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Check your local 0.5 mission running hubs, there are plenty of the bots hardcore raven/golem pilots :sun:

Just whatever you do, make sure you come to Ichoriya, where me and the trianglebois won't shoot you, I promise

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

RYYSZLA posted:

Just whatever you do, make sure you come to Ichoriya, where me and the trianglebois won't shoot you, I promise

Are they just going to own that place permanently?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Is PL dead yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Hexel posted:

Is PL dead yet

They've been dead for a long time. Hell, Grath is in GSF right now. (It's a dumb pseudo-eve-celebrity stunt, I think.) AFAIK most of PL went to NCdot or phorde.