Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Unless Chiefs fans bully him in middle school, I don't see how it could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

CyberPingu posted:

What about the Chiefs? Will they take up the mantle of your grudge now?

Chiefs are thousands of miles away. Redskins and Ravens fans have a strange rivalry going on esp if you are from MoCo that no one else really cares about

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

D-LINK posted:

Unless Chiefs fans bully him in middle school, I don't see how it could

Dont be silly, Chiefs fans didnt exist before February.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

Red Tails is fine and someone will make a bad parody theme song set to the beat of Duck Tails, and I'll enjoy it as a guilty pleasure.

Nah leave all military out of sports and the Tuskegee Airmen deserve to be honored not to be Snyders next group to exploit.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

CyberPingu posted:

What about the Chiefs? Will they take up the mantle of your grudge now?

The initial grudge had nothing to do with that. Red tails can also be red-tailed hawks, which are abundant in the area.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 14, 2020

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Dont be silly, Chiefs fans didnt exist before February.

Is that something you actually believe?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

unsurprising

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1283035168744382464

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

fartknocker posted:

Top men are currently reviewing all of this and expect to have an answer “soon.”

Who?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Top... Men...

Selected may or may not be based on QBR and Trent Dilfer’s recommendation :v:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

fartknocker posted:

Top... Men...

Selected may or may not be based on QBR and Trent Dilfer’s recommendation :v:

FOOLS!

Bureaucratic FOOLS!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A.o.D. posted:

Is that something you actually believe?

Yes, I 100% believe that the team that has the highest consistent attendance had no fans before February.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Its Rinaldo posted:

Red Tail is also a type of hawk

My alma mater mascot is the Red Hawk and it sounds stupid for them and they're a D3 college.

The naming scheme is kind of set in stone. One word, something bland. Even the 49ers had the good sense to contract their name into two numbers instead of a hyphenated word. They have to be something lame like the Washington Foxes or the Washington Hawks. Also ESPN fading out Washington owns.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1283061411854327809

is it just me or

Edit: if we are talking our alma mater's mascot I would like to throw the Washington Gauchos into the ring.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 14, 2020

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Washington Red Tails is going to sound very “of its moment” in a few years, except it kind of seems like that moment was 1995.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Doltos posted:

My alma mater mascot is the Red Hawk and it sounds stupid for them and they're a D3 college.

The naming scheme is kind of set in stone. One word, something bland. Even the 49ers had the good sense to contract their name into two numbers instead of a hyphenated word. They have to be something lame like the Washington Foxes or the Washington Hawks. Also ESPN fading out Washington owns.

It took the entire offseason for ESPN to rename San Diego Chargers to Los Angeles Chargers.

They did Washington and Vegas immediately

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1283076036016693254?s=20

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

A big flaming stink posted:

The Washington Tobiases

Go all the way with it.

Washington Animorphs

Their mascot is a Hork-Bajir. Everyone is confused.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

latinotwink1997 posted:

Go all the way with it.

Washington Animorphs

Their mascot is a Hork-Bajir. Everyone is confused.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a neat cape posted:

It took the entire offseason for ESPN to rename San Diego Chargers to Los Angeles Chargers.

It's understandable, I forget all the time too

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

King Hong Kong posted:

Washington Red Tails is going to sound very “of its moment” in a few years, except it kind of seems like that moment was 1995.

Washington Shirt Tails, and yes I realize this is a Robot Chicken joke.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The cap is magic.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1283088195127840769

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Yes, I 100% believe that the team that has the highest consistent attendance had no fans before February.

I had no way of knowing one way or the other, which is why I asked in this place that no one has ever expressed a half baked opinion before.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If the Chiefs can manage to give their quarterback the ~biggest contract in the history of sports~ and then also lock up the other key pieces, I really don't want to hear any other team using the salary cap as an excuse for failing to get a deal done ever again lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that John Dorsey drafted Mahomes and then was fired because he was a cap idiot.

Veach had two qualities, scouting and cap management and so they made a 39 year old former assistant to Andy Reid the GM and everyone was like this is so nobody challenges Reid's authority.

He found Mahomes and now he's keeping a SB winning team together. The future would be bright if bright light killed Covid

edit:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1283092437196570635

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Edit: if we are talking our alma mater's mascot I would like to throw the Washington Gauchos into the ring.

(One of) The high school I went to was named the Tarpon Springs Spongers.

It's a scuba diver that goes down and gets...wait for it....sponges.

Our rival school was the sharks and we had this badass giant mural in the gym of a scuba dude absolutely murdering a shark while sponges floated all around.

I think it eventually got painted over with something else but it was pretty rad.

What I'm saying is they should be the Washington Spongers

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Wonder if this will trigger a wave of FA pass rusher deals. Some big names still out there.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

If the Chiefs can manage to give their quarterback the ~biggest contract in the history of sports~ and then also lock up the other key pieces, I really don't want to hear any other team using the salary cap as an excuse for failing to get a deal done ever again lol

It was an extension (so leaving the years of his rookie contract in place), that put all of the new money forward. Mahomes's cap hit is just over $5m this year.

It then goes $25m, $31m, $42m, $40m, $42m, $42m, then gets redone again because his hit then jumps to $60m due to being the 5th of the added 5 years rule and there's a bunch of dummy years tacked on to the end to make it ~the biggest contract in the history of spots~

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

More accurate

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1283092629761208322?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Reminder that John Dorsey drafted Mahomes and then was fired because he was a cap idiot.

Veach had two qualities, scouting and cap management and so they made a 39 year old former assistant to Andy Reid the GM and everyone was like this is so nobody challenges Reid's authority.

He found Mahomes and now he's keeping a SB winning team together. The future would be bright if bright light killed Covid

edit:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1283092437196570635

UV-C light does kill covid we just can't inject it into our veins and it causes cancer.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

a neat cape posted:

honestly understandable. to this day i occasionally catch myself saying or thinking "san diego" instead of la. i don't do that for the rams or raiders and i don't know why

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

(One of) The high school I went to was named the Tarpon Springs Spongers.

It's a scuba diver that goes down and gets...wait for it....sponges.

Our rival school was the sharks and we had this badass giant mural in the gym of a scuba dude absolutely murdering a shark while sponges floated all around.

I think it eventually got painted over with something else but it was pretty rad.

What I'm saying is they should be the Washington Spongers

that kicks rear end

my high school was the Matadors which is so stupid from a sports perspective lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My high school mascot was and still to this day is the Midgets. So yeah, how about that?

Edit: Here's the logo:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Docjowles posted:

it's easy, just get guys that are ok with basically 0 signing bonus

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The NFL salary cap is a made up construct that does not exist

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

it's easy, just get guys that are ok with basically 0 signing bonus

This is probably easier to do with Mahomes locked up coming off a Super Bowl win, so I guess I'm glad they're striking while the iron is hot.

e: also very glad to have Jones locked up for a while if that wasn't obvious. He's so good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The NFL salary cap is a made up construct that does not exist

Yeah, just pull a Patriots if you need some room and just make a players vitamin company your sole provider of dietary supplements.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1283111304190926849

Give him incentive bonuses for clubbing chuds

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
NFL deals basically require someone with a PhD in Capology to figure out what they really are. Mahomes deal is certainly not 10 years $500 million, even if that what it says on paper. It's cool that the Chiefs did him a solid by making it a nice, round, big number, but both sides know that deal is getting restructured.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

:hellyeah: on both counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Should have paid Bosa early, Chargers