Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Okay, clarification. She's a great character who happens to be a mom. Not exactly a great mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

oh sweet! my thread! it's relevant because Francine and Roger are side characters that run an egg sidequest and a house decoration/upgrade sidequest.

I think an animated tv mom tier list is in order

Francine: SS
Marge (golden years): S
Lois: A
Peggy Hill: A
The mom from that kids show "The Weekenders": B+
Marge (post season 12): B
Didi Pickles: C

Plant MONSTER. posted:

First of all, screw me for forgetting her because she's an S.

John Roberts is a funny, funny man. Yes Linda is voiced by a member of the supreme court!!

I gotta say I agree with most of these, but I think I would personally knock Lois down to a B. The thing is when Lois is written well she's S tier, but when she's written badly she's D tier, and unlike with Marge there's no real season you can pin point where things went bad or are still good, it's just kind of a gamble from episode to episode what you're going to get. So, yeah, the highs and lows combined average down to a B for me.

Also, this might be controversial, but I would give Donna from The Cleveland Show an A.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 13, 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, this might be controversial, but I would give Donna from The Cleveland Show an A.

As someone who has been derided for stating my taste for The Cleveland Show, I support you in this.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

The Cleveland Show was cancelled before it ended up being completely awful. Honestly, it's far more solid than late Family Guy seasons have been.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I always just enjoyed how disappointing Cleveland's life was but how he still held onto hope

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

That was a great episode. I was worried there Jack was gone for good.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Really odd that the cold open happened today of all days since Ford released the new Bronco tonight.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The_Doctor posted:

Men ll Boyz
Season 15, Episode 14
Klaus enlists Stan, Roger and Jeff to join him on a wild bachelor party weekend

The return of Klaus’s bros from Tampa?

I also think this episode was another case of someone at TBS mixing things up. Still pissed we haven't gotten the Roger Loves Dick episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This is one I'm surprised they didn't postpone good lord

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I loved this episode but I have to ask -- if they showed/implied a character getting shot repeatedly in the face by police during times like this, what on earth happened in Roger Loves Dick to make them postpone it? :psyduck:

I was ready to say she should be lower but the only explicit example of bad parenting I could think of was her letting Rallo drive her somewhere.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The canoe subplot was perfect. It's like some of the writers have experienced it themselves (or heard couples arguing on the lake in their canoes).

Ya limp dildos!

Also what happens to Krampus now? Was Jack Krampus? I kinda forgot what happened in that episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

As much as I loved the A-plot with Jack, the B-plot with the oars was even better.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also what happens to Krampus now? Was Jack Krampus? I kinda forgot what happened in that episode.

Yup, Jack died and became Krampus in that episode, and this time he died and became a ghost. I can only assume this means he's going to keep dying and coming back as more and more supernatural creatures.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Grampus was hotter though, I liked his sideburns

YeahTubaMike posted:

I loved this episode but I have to ask -- if they showed/implied a character getting shot repeatedly in the face by police during times like this, what on earth happened in Roger Loves Dick to make them postpone it? :psyduck:

I was ready to say she should be lower but the only explicit example of bad parenting I could think of was her letting Rallo drive her somewhere.

I think it should be made absolutely clear that the TV mom tier list does not necessarily reflect parenting skills, otherwise Francine would not be SS. She's a horrible mother.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I think it should be made absolutely clear that the TV mom tier list does not necessarily reflect parenting skills, otherwise Francine would not be SS. She's a horrible mother.

Hey! Don't you judge her! Do you know how hard it is to cook for that family!? Not very, but she can't handle much!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Hey! Don't you judge her! Do you know how hard it is to cook for that family!? Not very, but she can't handle much!

Hey, she'll find a fire hot enough one day!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

She nourishes her family, especially Steve, in other ways.

:stonklol:

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

I mean... she has four burners.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Pretty disgusting that people act like Francine does nothing when she's hard at work stirring an empty pot in darkness

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The canoe subplot was perfect. It's like some of the writers have experienced it themselves (or heard couples arguing on the lake in their canoes).

I was in a canoe with two family members a few weeks ago. It was worse than that. I legitimately considered just jumping off and taking a swim.
When the boat lender advised against it, I immediately agreed with him.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 14, 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That was an incredible episode.

I definitely felt the canoe subplot as well. My wife's left handed and I'm right-handed, which I thought would be an advantage in rowing. It was not, somehow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Really enjoyed how well Scott was able to mimic Jack's speech style.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Plant MONSTER. posted:

A fair point. The breast milk thing, beating the poo poo out of Hayley when Roger pitted them against each other for motherdaughtercatfights.com, not getting Bailey vaccinated...

edit:

muscles like this! posted:

Really enjoyed how well Scott was able to mimic Jack's speech style.

This was a definite highlight of an already amazing episode.

edit2:

cant cook creole bream posted:

I was in a canoe with two family members a few weeks ago. It was worse than that. I legitimately considered just jumping off and taking a swim.
When the boat lender advised against it, I immediately agreed with him.

I've been canoeing exactly one time and there was a spider in the boat, and I almost jumped out. I don't even remember who else was with me, except the spider.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 15, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
How does this compare to Family Guy? I liked the early stuff, but it really fell off in later seasons, so I didn't watch this or that terrible show with cleveland.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Boba Pearl posted:

How does this compare to Family Guy? I liked the early stuff, but it really fell off in later seasons, so I didn't watch this or that terrible show with cleveland.

American Dad is usually quite excellent(minus some of the first season stuff before the Saudi Arabia two parter, and some of the episodes right before and after the switch to TBS

Also Cleveland Show was actually pretty decent once it found it's footing, never as good as Family Guy during it's peak, but never gets anywhere near the worst lows that show has had either

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

American Dad is usually quite excellent(minus some of the first season stuff before the Saudi Arabia two parter, and some of the episodes right before and after the switch to TBS

Also Cleveland Show was actually pretty decent once it found it's footing, never as good as Family Guy during it's peak, but never gets anywhere near the worst lows that show has had either

The later seasons of TCS had that godawful booger eating A-plot with an excellent B-plot.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Boba Pearl posted:

American Dad can actually follow through with its plots and stories, Whatever the episodes plots is, you will get that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

American Dad can actually follow through with its plots and stories, Whatever the episodes plots is, you will get that.

Yeah actually, that's something I appreciate. Sometimes they have a weird series of events that gets them someplace, but you know they didn't loving forget by the end of the episode how it started

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

dovetaile posted:

The later seasons of TCS had that godawful booger eating A-plot with an excellent B-plot.

My favorite TCS episode is the one where Junior accidentally kick's Cleveland's rear end and and he feels so bad he tells everyone in town his dad is a big, big man who beat the everloving loving poo poo out of his son to make him look "good". CJ is a great character honestly.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Orlando is an inland city so Sacramento really does make more sense

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Coconut shrimp and shrimp scampi are two TOTALLY different types of shrimp and a perfectly legitimate order. Jeff is loving stupid

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I was kind of hoping to see Jack take over Steve's life and turn him into a super popular/badass kid at school. You know, until he uses the school buses to do a bank robbery.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Boba Pearl posted:

American Dad has a few rough early seasons then morphs into the most consistently funny long running adult cartoon show on television. I strongly recommend watching it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Yeah I caught a random newer episode a couple years ago and I'm hooked.Just finished season 6, not as incredible as season 5 but hilarious throughout

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Harold Fjord posted:

Yeah I caught a random newer episode a couple years ago and I'm hooked.Just finished season 6, not as incredible as season 5 but hilarious throughout

Oh man, just wait till you get to season 14!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

dovetaile posted:

I feel like that happens a lot, and vice versa (the one where Cleveland pretends to be a homeless person with the "Kendra as Santa" B-plot, the one where Cleveland Jr. works at & ruins the bar with the abysmal "Rallo pretends to be an adopted Malawian child" B-plot, etc.). I didn't think Terry getting married to a man was excellent though.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Coconut shrimp and shrimp scampi are two TOTALLY different types of shrimp and a perfectly legitimate order. Jeff is loving stupid

I mean, yeah.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still remember when the 6 minute clip leaked (? maybe it was done officially, I don't remember specifically) and just thinking how garbage it was. It's amazing how fun the show is these days, especially when FG will fail to get a single laugh out of me most weeks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

limp_cheese posted:

I also think this episode was another case of someone at TBS mixing things up. Still pissed we haven't gotten the Roger Loves Dick episode.

wait what? i've seen that episode lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jose posted:

wait what? i've seen that episode lol

It was supposed to air but they pulled it. It ended up on Amazon accidentally and then obviously pirate sites got it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Uh oh. Jose, how do you respond to these allegations.

Cuz I really want to watch it

e: not entirely serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
if you had pms i would tell you but i don't blame you for not buying them rn

levidia is real good at letting you see stuff

Jose fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 15, 2020