Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Is that Soot? Looks pretty sweet :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
Yep, MT3 Susuwatari! Took a long time to arrive, but I'm happy with it.

feedback loop
Feb 16, 2015
I'm real curious about MT3, thinking about picking up a /dev/tty set once I get a 65% that fits the right side mods properly. The upcoming MT3 2048 looks fantastic.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Just unboxed my Mecha Mini with Silent Reds and holy hell the quality difference between this board and my Corsair K70 (Granted my K70 is a few years old but still). While I have to get used to using a 60% until my TKL comes in so far I am having a blast on it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

My stupid High Profile CTRL was supposed to arrive today, but all Fedex can tell me is that it's on its way to USPS. And all USPS can tell me is that they're waiting for it.

:mad:

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Deviant posted:

My stupid High Profile CTRL was supposed to arrive today, but all Fedex can tell me is that it's on its way to USPS. And all USPS can tell me is that they're waiting for it.

:mad:

Oh hey, I see mine might ship on 20 July now.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Well I guess I have to buy a durgod fusion if this isn't gonna arrive on time. Obviously.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Order and shipping woes?

I ordered on June 26th :( For those of you who have shopped with MK before: if they actually receive the switches on July 25th, at what point would my keyboard actually ship? Also, does this mean that MK.com is assembling my keyboard? Or are they somehow clued in to Ducky's supply chain and are estimating when they'll receive an assembled keyboard from Ducky to then send to me?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Invyr Holy Pandas just came today and I also have unused Tangerines sitting here. Don’t know which one to build with next :ohdear:

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Epsilon Plus posted:

Order and shipping woes?

I ordered on June 26th :( For those of you who have shopped with MK before: if they actually receive the switches on July 25th, at what point would my keyboard actually ship? Also, does this mean that MK.com is assembling my keyboard? Or are they somehow clued in to Ducky's supply chain and are estimating when they'll receive an assembled keyboard from Ducky to then send to me?

Pretty sure after the arrival date my keyboard shipped one or two days later.

feedback loop
Feb 16, 2015

LuckyCat posted:

Invyr Holy Pandas just came today and I also have unused Tangerines sitting here. Don’t know which one to build with next :ohdear:

Could always mix the two, like with HP alphas/spacebar and Tangerine mods

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Can't wait for the Durgod Fusion Kickstarter to start - I think I'll get the Nintendo-colored one with the Silent Black switches. All the early reviews make it look pretty good.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Order and shipping woes?

I believe they get the keyboards pre-assembled: these are fully assembled/boxed retail products produced by Ducky. They have Browns in stock, so they're certainly not just waiting for switches to arrive. The dates are when they expect to receive the model of keyboard with that particular type of switch installed. I believe they've already placed these batch orders with Ducky (or their distributor if it's not direct from Ducky), but the lead time is long because a) they are probably shipped to MK.com in the US via boat from Taiwan, b) the next batch may still be being manufactured, and c) supply chain delays due to COVID-19. They have a page that shows all the future incoming stock they're currently expecting: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/incoming.php

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Deviant posted:

Well I guess I have to buy a durgod fusion if this isn't gonna arrive on time. Obviously.

I mean, you should, even if it does...

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Splinter posted:

The dates are when they expect to receive the model of keyboard with that particular type of switch installed.

this is really obvious in retrospect and I feel really dumb for asking lmao, thank you

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

feedback loop posted:

I'm real curious about MT3, thinking about picking up a /dev/tty set once I get a 65% that fits the right side mods properly. The upcoming MT3 2048 looks fantastic.

MT3 is awesome.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Where can I get red keycaps with gold lettering in an ISO layout for a TKL?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I'm a huge nerd and I backed the DURGOD Fusion keyboard

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Lord Stimperor posted:

I'm a huge nerd and I backed the DURGOD Fusion keyboard

Same. I got real nervous when their website went down during the kickstarter launch though.
I do not have a good history with backing kickstarters that actually come to fruition.

Still salty about the Woo-dy.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Did that modern beamspring ever happen or was that a kickstarter failure too?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

internet celebrity posted:

Did that modern beamspring ever happen or was that a kickstarter failure too?

Not sure which one you're referring to.

Kono Store had something that hasn't come to fruition yet.
https://kono.store/blogs/keyboards/silo-beam
https://list.kono.store/keystone

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

My CTRL arrived and it is four pounds of gently caress you

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

My kbr / learn how to solder in lockdown package finally arrived. Two and a half months later, oh well. Now to just find a suitable substrate to attach the stabilizers to.

I still have plans for the switches I got from you GnarlyCharlie4u, but my project table is in the attic and it's hot as hell up here.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Deviant posted:

My CTRL arrived and it is four pounds of gently caress you

In a good way or bad way?

I miss my Ctrl and regret selling it.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
I'm trying to find a nice, relatively quiet mechanical keyboard for ~£100 (UK based). Unfortunately, the recommendations in the OP are out of stock everywhere, the Ducky Skyline is out of stock everywhere. There's a few Corsair Strafes/K70s around with Cherry Red Silents, but that's it. Does anyone have opinions on the Cherry MX Board 1.0? I'm not particularly fussed by RGB lights/macros/shiny bits.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

CyberPingu posted:

In a good way or bad way?

I miss my Ctrl and regret selling it.

I just got my CTRL with Cherry Blues two weeks ago, and the MiTo SA Pulse set last night. The SA layout is very different than the OEM Skylights the board shipped with, but not in a bad way. Biggest complaint is the tab and |\ key feel a little unstable. The Pulses definitely mute the LEDs, too. Not in a way that I mind, just something to consider. Overall, I love it.

As a computer janitor, I do miss the tenkey portion, and I'm not in favor of losing it. Anyone know of a good Bluetooth mech tenkey that's in stock right now?

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

LochNessMonster posted:

MT3 is awesome.

holy poo poo i need that right now

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
RIP My iris 2:

USB port came out with the cable. Time to find a soldering iron.

Also, looking for recommendations for couch gaming/media center use. My keyboards and mice generally have too short cables, and I hate having to remember batteries for wireless. Are there wireless rechargeable keyboards that also have an extra USB port for a mouse? Could also use a cabled keyboard with extra port so I still don't need to get another mouse.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

You will probably need a wireless keyboard and mouse as I doubt many wireless keyboards could last powering themselves and a USB mouse at the same time.

In terms of gear. The Razer mamba wireless is really good and has a decent internal battery and chargers via USB mini. Though you need to use their own cable for it due to the shape of the mouse.

Also the Logitech MX master wireless mouse is really good and lasts months.

Keyboards. It depends, you could get a 60% Bluetooth Anne Pro or something..I'm not really up on my wireless kit anymore especially if you want it to be mech

Razer also do their Turret kit, which is designed for couch gaming. I've never used it before so can't speak for it's quality.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Durgod Fusion kickstarter just went live last week if you want a good looking 65% bluetooth/dongle keeb for about 100 bucks.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

Phosphine posted:

Also, looking for recommendations for couch gaming/media center use. My keyboards and mice generally have too short cables, and I hate having to remember batteries for wireless. Are there wireless rechargeable keyboards that also have an extra USB port for a mouse? Could also use a cabled keyboard with extra port so I still don't need to get another mouse.
There are a number of lap pads you can get, some even with mouse pads built in. I think Corsair or Logitech make one with a keyboard even (though I don't know if they are mechanical).

For wireless and worry about having to replace the batteries, as stated, Logitech makes quite a few very good mice that have incredible battery life. My kid has a G604 and the batteries would last weeks for him (2 AA's) with heavy game use. Snag a 4-pack of rechargeables and you are good to go for a long time.

As to recharging a keyboard and mouse without having to take them to the computer whenever, battery packs. Anker make some of the better ones around and for not a lot of money.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Koskun posted:

As to recharging a keyboard and mouse without having to take them to the computer whenever, battery packs. Anker make some of the better ones around and for not a lot of money.

For the charging issue, I've bought a couple of these USB charge hubs, and they're wonderful. That'll keep any USB device charged up. Tuck it behind the couch, and you'll have something to charge controllers, phones, and iPads convenient, too.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on
I've got a few of those scattered around as well, even one of the slotted ones for tablets and phones. They can not only help in reduce clutter, but since everything uses USB charging now a days, they can make really convenient stations.

I'd check out Menards oddly enough, I picked up one of mine for 10 bucks from there.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
If you're looking for KBDfans stuff that is currently out of stock, well they will have stock of some stuff soon.

quote:

[GB]EPBT KON MOMO Keycaps : Group Buy starts from July 10th to July 30th.
1. KBD67MKII: Spot sale will be released on July 25th, estimated shipping date: August 10th, The specific options are as follows
White PC sets 200 sets
Alu sets 500 sets
E-white sets 200 sets
Then unlimited Group buy starts until August 15th, estimated shipping date: Announced after GB

2. Tofu65 case: Tofu65 E-white case will be released on August 5th; Tofu65 black case will be released on July 15th; Other color options Will be sold as a kit on July 25th
3. Maxkeys Virtual War SA Keycaps: Because the factory missed the order, it will be postponed to September. Each order will be given an additional KIT as compensation. Apologize again.
4. DZ60RGB V2 PCB: will be released on July 28th, TOFU RGB 60% HOT SWAP CUSTOM KEYBOARD KIT will be released at the same time.
5. DZ60RGB ANSI V2 PCB: will be released on July 28th, KBDFANS DZ60RGB ANSI V2 HOT SWAP DIY KIT will be released at the same time.
6. DZ65RGB V2 PCB: will be released on July 25th, DZ65RGB CUSTOMIZE KEYBOARD DIY KIT: expected to be released at the same time.
7. Tofu 60 case: Tofu60 acrylic case will be released on July 15th; Tofu60 E-white case will be released 100pcs for spot sale on July 12th, then will provide extra 400pcs this month

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Some Goon posted:

My kbr / learn how to solder in lockdown package finally arrived. Two and a half months later, oh well. Now to just find a suitable substrate to attach the stabilizers to.

I still have plans for the switches I got from you GnarlyCharlie4u, but my project table is in the attic and it's hot as hell up here.

Cool. Yeah don't die of a heat stroke for a keyboard. That'd be silly.

10 days left on GMK Hammerhead.
https://keylabs.gg/gmk-hammerhead/

Still not sure I'll be able to pull the trigger on it though. I've spent too much money already on things this past month and need to recoup. oh well...
It doesn't even ship till March anyway.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Well, poo poo, looks like Karabiner is completely busted on Catalina, so I might have totally wasted $70 on this Keychron K6. I can't find any way to rebind the escape key to backtick/tilde and I do not think I'm going to be able to learn to hold the fn keys to access them, breaking a decade of muscle memory :smith:

I should have bought one with a real fn row, this is depressing. I guess there's probably a secondhand market for this stuff?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

r/mechmarket or some creative soldering to re-route the keypress.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

abraham linksys posted:

Well, poo poo, looks like Karabiner is completely busted on Catalina, so I might have totally wasted $70 on this Keychron K6. I can't find any way to rebind the escape key to backtick/tilde and I do not think I'm going to be able to learn to hold the fn keys to access them, breaking a decade of muscle memory :smith:

Karabiner-Elements is remapping keys fine for me on Catalina. Is it not launching at all or is something else happening?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

CRAYON posted:

Karabiner-Elements is remapping keys fine for me on Catalina. Is it not launching at all or is something else happening?

The "devices" list is empty and none of my remaps are working. The log shows that the observer is seeing the devices correctly, but it's not populating the window :(

I've got everything set up for "Input Monitoring" under the Security settings:

Do any Karabiner processes show up in any other part of the security interface for you? I know when I first launched it I was supposed to "Allow" it in the Security & Privacy window, but I don't know if that worked correctly. It didn't show the kext deprecation popup, which I think it is supposed to?

Also noticed that Karabiner isn't showing up in the menu bar, don't know if that's related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Have you tried the old uninstall/reinstall