Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

in theory. in practice probably not
I was joking, they're going to let cheese in before they ever let you back because he is just a shithead and didn't directly try and make them do the right thing while you did

them outright blocking you from messaging them anymore proved that more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
The speedrunning community clearly needs more antifas running events who aren't afraid to openly tell the incels, chuds, and nazis to go gently caress themselves.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

paperwind posted:

The speedrunning community clearly needs more antifas running events who aren't afraid to openly tell the incels, chuds, and nazis to go gently caress themselves.

I said it in Discord but gently caress ESA, gently caress GDQ, now Power up with Pride is my best speedfriend

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

I said it in Discord but gently caress ESA, gently caress GDQ, now Power up with Pride is my best speedfriend

PuwP has been my favorite for a while now.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

PuwP has been my favorite for a while now.
:same:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

they gotta run a PuwP event called "Power Up With Ultra-Pride" or something, reasons to do so:

- "PuwuP" funny to type and say, sounds more like "power up"
- "PuwP" difficult to say with mouth, does not sound much like "power up"
- "PuwP" sounds like "pope", popes are bad
- palindrome
- contains uwu, one of the meme words

thank u for ur time

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m not sure if this is allowed discussion but it’s gone down in GDQ lore.

Deborah (Tolki) from the infamous cuckholding incident at SGDQ2014 by StivityBobo finally told her story and whoah boy it ain’t good.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srahg8

Yeah it wasn’t “haha that guy got cuckholded” it was literal rape.

Rapist #2 GiantWaffle is now back streaming on Twitch, still partnered. Streamlabs is still allowing donations to him through their platform. It's sort of off topic, but sorta really on topic. SGDQ is not that far off, and I do not think it's acceptable right now to be subbing to anyone/anything on Twitch right now. I don't believe GDQ uses Streamlabs for donations, so I think you can have a clear conscience in that direction. It does feel rather icky with a loving lot of people defending stiv and waffle despite this being a fairly clear-cut situation, but you'll have to sort out who stands where for yourself.

It's undeniable, by his own public admissions, that waffle is at least guilty of sexual assault. He's almost certainly guilty of rape, based on his confession of "cheating" to his ex-girlfriend, and his recent confession to a mod. Stiv admitted to loving her, so he's definitely a rapist. This isn't some questionable borderline case, no one has denied that deb/tolki was drunk well beyond the point of being capable of consenting to anything. I know not everyone is going to feel the same way about everything, but this case is so clear-cut and so outrageous that I don't feel right not bringing it up for people to at least consider.

It loving sucks to have a cloud like this hanging over the platform, I think everyone who uses Twitch and/or Streamlabs should be doing everything they can to make sure this is gone and out of mind before a big event like SGDQ starts.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 15, 2020

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes, but have you considered how much money we can make in the meantime before waffling on whether to performatively do the right thing?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

you know as poo poo as gdq has been in the past in banning people that really needed to be banned, at least to my knowledge they never banned anyone for bringing poo poo to their attention regarding other runners that need to get the axe. esa sucks.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

There was the grav/goose thing, where one of the reasons they didn't initially take the ban forward was not trusting the reporter (cyberdemon, who is also banned)

Studio fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 16, 2020

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

mfcrocker posted:

i just started watching speedrun stuff this last week using the last 30 pages of this thread (what a fuckin trip) as a guide and i fully support this position

i just wanted to watch people play video games real good, i don't understand how virtually every event's organizers manage to be so terrible

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

CaptainViolence posted:

i just started watching speedrun stuff this last week using the last 30 pages of this thread (what a fuckin trip) as a guide and i fully support this position

i just wanted to watch people play video games real good, i don't understand how virtually every event's organizers manage to be so terrible

event organizers posted:

:decorum:

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Looks like the Xenogears speedrun is getting blown open. It appears that there's a way to access a debug menu by switching the disks, allowing maximum money, non-implemented items, and multiple full skips. The demonstration run is still ongoing, but this could take the record from around 18 hours to somewhere under 14.

https://twitter.com/KadMony_Fr/status/1284230970942660609

Microcline fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 18, 2020

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

quote:

Maria and Chuchu disapear from the speedrun

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Removing the Churist from Churistmas

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Chuchu died for your sins frames

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/VanCamp/status/1285317748537675777

?????????????????????????????

Lange uh, did a lot for GDQ and was one of the most important people for the stream running.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Studio posted:

https://twitter.com/VanCamp/status/1285317748537675777

?????????????????????????????

Lange uh, did a lot for GDQ and was one of the most important people for the stream running.

the gently caress is wrong with the idiots running esa and gdq i swear to fuckin christ

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the world is falling the gently caress apart at lightning speed, better fire people who dare say something about it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

extremely good look for gdq to fire a guy who is a devoted anti-fascist months after letting an actual fascist have a fuckin 9 hour run at their event

unbelievably cool, and indescribably good

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Not having politics" is a form of Politics and " Not being against Nazis" isn't loving cutting it in 20 GODDAMN 20.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress GDQ.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

imagine the fuckin brainworms you gotta have to fire somebody for being too woke in 20-loving-20

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
He was not being paid to be woke, but to do his job.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BoldFace posted:

unless he was the one getting paid to make sure only straight white male runners got picked for the marathon, those aren't mutually exclusive

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

BoldFace posted:

imagine having this awful take be the first thing you post in the speedthread, lmao

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i know this might be pissweak especially as someone who literally just got sacrificed as a peace offering to the chuds by ESA but there's not a whole lot to go on here?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

BoldFace posted:

BoldFace posted:

Even if this virus didn't start as a biological weapon let loose, it sure as hell is one now. I have no doubt in my mind that there are secret plans being drafted in China to ensure that the epidemic sets its foot in North American and Europe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress off Nazi collaborator.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

BoldFace posted:

Nah you're right bro. Helping the event be inclusive and safe for everyone is clearly not a job GDQ values, and thusly it was was totally right for him to be fired.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i know this might be pissweak especially as someone who literally just got sacrificed as a peace offering to the chuds by ESA but there's not a whole lot to go on here?

I agree but I also understand not giving GDQ the benefit of the doubt here

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Gonna have to echo Punchy here, not much to go by here, except that he frames it in a really weird way. Some of your comments let me to believe you know more about the case so care to share what "resistance and education" even means here?

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 21, 2020

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

TeaJay posted:

Gonna have to echo Punchy here, not much to go by here, except that he frames it in a really weird way. Some of your comments let me to believe you know more about the case so care to share what "resistance and education" even means here?

It's just shorthand for left-wing activism, involvement in the current BLM stuff etc

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
His wording is very deliberate and strange, and while it implies he was fired for his view point, it says something different.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
I, fundamentally, do not believe for a second that this dude was fired for being leftist or engaging in the resistance movement unless he was threatening violence or some other actions that might result in legal ramifications.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

car dance posted:

His wording is very deliberate and strange, and while it implies he was fired for his view point, it says something different.

Yeah, after reading it more it sounds like he wasn't doing his job.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
oot 100% is fuckin insane now

https://clips.twitch.tv/SarcasticKitschyElephantBudStar

heehee fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 23, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

- "PuwP" sounds like "pope", popes are bad

seems more like poop not pope.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Poo-woop

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

tag yourselves I'm "english zora sapphire"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
im zfg interrupting himself for 30 separate tangents to explain parallel universes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHZGiJD2KNk heres the full run please watch its ridiculous