Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Has there been anything saying if the back seats are removable? I like the look of the two door bronco but I'd love to have a tad more cargo space and since we live in plague world I don't have to worry about any more people than my +1. I mean yes technically all seats are removable but I'm wondering if I'll get funtime stab brackets if I do remove them

I guess this pic shows the bronco without backseats and also that babies can drive it

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

dk2m posted:

as someone that has never owned an suv, what’s the appeal of the bronco over the wrangler? just a newer platform?

it doesn't look poo poo :shrug:

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Has anyone found pictures of the base models interior? Obviously all of the upfitted 40k+ models look amazing but those are way out of my range.
If the base really does have actual sync 4 with Android auto/car play it think a manual base with the Sasquatch is the way to go.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
will this unseat the Wrangler as vehicle of choice for the "Taxes are killing me!" crowd

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
looks like seat removal wouldnt be too bad but that hump on the way to the rear would make it more logical to just flatten the seats I guess

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

not made by FCA

And it looks like a Scout.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

not made by FCA

Instead it's made by Ford, that's some monkey's paw poo poo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

looks like seat removal wouldnt be too bad but that hump on the way to the rear would make it more logical to just flatten the seats I guess

also woe to the rider that has to sit bitch in the back

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

will this unseat the Wrangler as vehicle of choice for the "Taxes are killing me!" crowd

I thought their official vehicle was a heavy-duty diesel pickup truck, not a Wrangler, for that sweet tax write off.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
how long until i can buy a pee tube for the drain hole

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

dk2m posted:

as someone that has never owned an suv, what’s the appeal of the bronco over the wrangler? just a newer platform?

The current market competition has a platform with a largely unchanged formula dating back ~60+ years in the Jeep and the 4Runner is basically two decades old at this point.

35 friggin inch tires and beadlock ready wheels on some trim levels is some wild stuff. Technology that is actually pretty cool (trail cam/trail maps is a very bitchin' feature).

In the next year we will probably buy a new family car and if we can fit our three kids in the back seat then the Bronco 4 door is very much at the top of the list.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

moist turtleneck posted:

how long until i can buy a pee tube for the drain hole

just run the rube down to the drain

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think it has to be horse dick shaped to be sold for the bronco

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The current market competition has a platform with a largely unchanged formula dating back ~60+ years in the Jeep and the 4Runner is basically two decades old at this point.

35 friggin inch tires and beadlock ready wheels on some trim levels is some wild stuff. Technology that is actually pretty cool (trail cam/trail maps is a very bitchin' feature).

In the next year we will probably buy a new family car and if we can fit our three kids in the back seat then the Bronco 4 door is very much at the top of the list.

i think your kids are gonna get too big in pretty short order, the wheelbase is shorter than the 4dr wranger

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

underfeeding my kids on a vegan diet so they stay compact enough to fit in the back seat of my Porsche and i get to keep it

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

dk2m posted:

For me it specifically *not* being a Jeep is part of the appeal. Nobody shops for vehicles objectively.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wheeee posted:

underfeeding my kids on a vegan diet so they stay compact enough to fit in the back seat of my Porsche and i get to keep it

Ah, the Ashley treatment comes up in an unexpected context.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i think your kids are gonna get too big in pretty short order, the wheelbase is shorter than the 4dr wranger

Do you wake up every morning planning on ruining dreams or does it just come naturally?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Do you wake up every morning planning on ruining dreams or does it just come naturally?

i'm a consultant so its a combination of the two things you suggest and also the product of many years of hard work to be this much of an rear end in a top hat

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Nohearum posted:

I really really like the looks of the base model 2-door Bronco.

Yeah, if that price point holds, pretty sure I'm buying one.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

2021 Avalon and Camry both have optional AWD but you can't combine it with the TRD trim or v6 on either car

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I'm 100% buying one if I can figure out any way to afford one.

(A Bronco, not a Toyota)

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

KakerMix posted:

For me it specifically *not* being a Jeep is part of the appeal. Nobody shops for vehicles objectively.

I did once, I bought an Odyssey. It exists and it's functional and it's grey. It does things. Did I mention it's grey?

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, if that price point holds, pretty sure I'm buying one.

Biggest question I've got is the cost of the Sasquatch package. I can't see them charging the same on the Badlands as the base for it.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 15, 2020

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I'm not in the target market, but I love how configuarble the Bronco is.
Consumers always want more choice and they got it.

I wonder how much of the 50k msrp of a Wildtrak is to make up for production inefficiency of having so many options.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I really want a black diamond bronco or base sasquatch but it'd be hard to choose non-steelies because they look so good.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

trouser chili posted:

I did once, I bought an Odyssey. It exists and it's functional and it's grey. It does things. Did I mention it's grey?

You still picked the best minivan because the Odyssey is the king of minivans. You could have bought a Caravan! Or a Pacifica.

Jymmybob posted:

I really want a black diamond bronco or base sasquatch but it'd be hard to choose non-steelies because they look so good.

Probably going to be quite a bit of steelies on the market when these hit because a bunch of people are going to ditch them to put on whatever wheels they have in mind. Might be a less-expensive way to get the steelies after all with the package you want.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Quoting my post from another thread cause I happened across this little point about the new Bronco, and think it's important!

chrisgt posted:

7-speed manual transmission in those? That's kinda rad.
Do the manuals have a proper low range?
It's kind of a shame you can't get the 2.7 with a manual. I'm guessing the transmission just can't take the power.

Cnet posted:

If you're a DIY guy or gal and you like your footwells with three pedals, Ford will happily sell you a Bronco with a Getrag seven-speed manual -- provided you're willing to stick to the 2.3T. This isn't a seven-speed like you'll find in a Porsche 911, or in the recently departed C8 Corvette. No, this transmission is essentially a traditional six-speed unit with a dedicated crawler gear. This gearbox is available with a scarcely believable 95:1 crawl ratio for peak climbing prowess. This ratio is so low it almost sounds like the driver will be able to hop out and walk alongside the truck as it scrambles slowly over everything, guiding it along like a horse on a lead. (It should go without saying, but don't actually try this. Seriously.)

Suspicious Package
Jun 18, 2004

Oh yeah, another minor detail about the Bronco manual. You can’t get it with the Sasquatch package.

https://jalopnik.com/a-2021-ford-bronco-sasquatch-stick-shift-will-be-like-b-1844394812

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Suspicious Package posted:

Oh yeah, another minor detail about the Bronco manual. You can’t get it with the Sasquatch package.

https://jalopnik.com/a-2021-ford-bronco-sasquatch-stick-shift-will-be-like-b-1844394812

lmao there it is. Ultra low manual gear specifically meant for offroad crawling then rob the option for lockers.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

The black diamond is really talking to me. My only gripe is the lack of a coyote 5.0L as an engine option.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

lmao there it is. Ultra low manual gear specifically meant for offroad crawling then rob the option for lockers.

decisions made easy :v:

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

BloodBag posted:

The black diamond is really talking to me. My only gripe is the lack of a coyote 5.0L as an engine option.

Yeah that’s my go to pick for trim despite the lack of LED headlamps. Let’s form a black steelies gang.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmaoooooooooo

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

What's the upside of a manual for ultra low speed crawling? That seems like an ideal case for having a torque converter.

I guess they didn't build a model for the 2% of buyers that have over $40k and demand a manual option.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

heffray posted:

What's the upside of a manual for ultra low speed crawling? That seems like an ideal case for having a torque converter.

I guess they didn't build a model for the 2% of buyers that have over $40k and demand a manual option.

So what do you suppose the 7 speed manual transmission with a dedicated crawling gear is for?

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Ah yes I knew this was too good to be true. Thanks for bringing us back down to earth Ford

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

KakerMix posted:

The idea is to force you into the Black Diamond if you want the manual and lockers.

NM, read the specs wrong.

PeterWeller fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 16, 2020

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I noticed the Mid and High package include a 3 month trial of a “subscription navigation service”. The Lux package includes a “voice activated touchscreen navigation system”. I don’t know if that replaces the subscription based system or if it’s just the inclusion of voice and touchscreen controls.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

One thing I didn't see mentioned on the press releases, but the site kinda says the manual is only available on the 2 door and not the 4 door as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

KakerMix posted:

You still picked the best minivan because the Odyssey is the king of minivans. You could have bought a Caravan! Or a Pacifica.

I owned a Caravan before, it was also grey. It poo poo a transmission, as is tradition, and that was the end of that.