Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

Cake and pie talk. I haven't eaten either of those in probably several years by now despite best efforts to get my dirty hands on some, but I want to know, is it something you guys do? Are you into baking them? Any favorites?
Post pies and cakes for me please, I want to know what I'm missing out on

https://www.jamesandthegiantcupcake.com/menus/

https://crumbleandwhisk.com/dessert-take-out-menu/

Driving down the continent with a pistol in her lap
Followed by a handsome man who says his name is Jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

Cake and pie talk. I haven't eaten either of those in probably several years by now despite best efforts to get my dirty hands on some, but I want to know, is it something you guys do? Are you into baking them? Any favorites?

I believe in Deutschland they call apple pie apfulkuchen, go and get it. I love pies and cakes both. My favorites would be whichever happens to be in my tum at the time, but sadly it's been, uh, since Sunday since I had some. Had a slice of key lime pie with my folks while seated 6 feet away from them. T'was good. Baking requires an amount of organization and planning that escapes me, as does a regularly occurring motivation to do things in the kitchen.

Good mango orbs, I just crawled out of bed some 40 minutes ago, got my morning spliff in. I had some sort of tentative plans to meet up with a friend at her apartment and eat some LSD but she hasn't gotten back to me yet, not sure if we're still on. Either way is chill, I'm just not sure how into my own poo poo here I should be getting...

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

oh but seriously I posted:

justice is stored in the balls

Also this. Or perhaps the ovaries, in the people with two x chromosomes.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
i haven't had pie in years. why aren't there more pies

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

prepuce repurposed posted:

but what of the picanic baskets :ohdear:

All stolen.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

but who in BYOB would steal picanic baskets?

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

a pie you can reliably make and is really good, especially in warm weather, is key lime pie. the combination of textures and sweetness/tartness is really lovely. it's easy because the crust is a graham cracker crust, not a pastry crust. haven't had a slice yet this year but hopefully it will come. I made two last year (for different groups).

if you're going to make a pastry crust pie and have access to wild blueberries, this is an extremely good pie. the vodka pie crust recipe from cook's illustrated is very reliable (the vodka helps avoid overworking the dough and evaporates completely during baking).

it sounds as though florida is in need of international pie aid. please, if you can spare a pie for the poor floridians, do so.

ty nesamdoom!

Prof. Crocodile

Luvcow posted:

but who in BYOB would steal picanic baskets?

:yikes:

Heather Papps

hello friend

my fave cake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_HoMkkRHv8

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Key lime pie is tasty. It is an excellent choice when the weather is hot and humid. Very refreshing.

Current temperature here is 90F - heat index 105F. I sure wish I had some key lime pie right now. . .

Heather Papps

hello friend

lemon meringue is a very good pie.

Barking Gecko posted:

Current temperature here is 90F - heat index 105F. I sure wish I had some key lime pie right now. . .

holy poo poo. desperately in need of a chill

Barking Gecko

Heather Papps posted:

holy poo poo. desperately in need of a chill

:chillout: Fortunately, I have finished work for the day, so Trashed Crew to the rescue.

Trying

Barking Gecko posted:

:chillout: Fortunately, I have finished work for the day, so Trashed Crew to the rescue.

god bless u Trashed Crew

Barking Gecko

god bless u Trashed Crew

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Barking Gecko posted:

my hero!! :glomp:

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Areola Grande

ok party animals who's drinking what this evening

Areola Grande

It's IPAs and a rum shot on my end :D

cheers to my trashed crew

Trying

liquor of dubious provenance with an unsettlingly savoury flavour

Manifisto

liquor of dubious provenance with an unsettlingly savoury flavour

ah yes, good ol' whiskbeef

ty nesamdoom!

Barking Gecko

ok party animals who's drinking what this evening

Vodka and cranberry juice.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Another can of four loko

Areola Grande

what flavor of 4loko

Heather Papps

hello friend

there wasn't much choice at the lcbo so i grabbed some keiths, and was wondering why i like it if it's an ipa and just discovered that " In contrast, the modern beer marketed as Alexander Keith's IPA is only 5% alcohol by volume and lightly hopped, which does not meet the accepted criteria for an India pale ale." which is very funny to me

Areola Grande

yeah I'd classify that as a session IPA

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

what flavor of 4loko

Cursed apple, I believe

Trying

stealth ipa where an overpowering taste of hops slams into your pallete like 10-15 minutes after you've downed it. also some hints of citrus because people love making beer taste like lemon zest for god only knows why

Heather Papps

hello friend

yeah I'd classify that as a session IPA

my drinking of it predates the modern IPA renaissance so it's always been the standard against which i judge hoppy beers, and my distaste for them makes a lot more sense now honestly. it'd be like thinking guinness is a HEAVY stout, then drinking some smoked imperial stout and being utterly disgusted

Areola Grande

doesn't fourloko have caffeine in it or some crazy poo poo

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

It's IPAs and a rum shot on my end :D

cheers to my trashed crew

cheers i gotta vodka spritzer and a bowl im bout to hit

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

wearing a lampshade

I forgot to bring an orange vanilla coke for the drive :negative: now I'll have to drink it at home in a glass with ice

CAnt find an emote to accurately convey how distraught I am. open to suggestions

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Still not drinking for the month so I'm raising my bottle of topo chico to trashed crew. :cheers:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Areola Grande

magic cactus posted:

Still not drinking for the month so I'm raising my bottle of topo chico to trashed crew. :cheers:

:cheersbird:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

doesn't fourloko have caffeine in it or some crazy poo poo

*swirls in glass* no legs to speak of. oily, viscous,
color? deep, rich tones of antifreeze and glow-stick liquid,
*deep sniff* strong notes of acetone and apple jacks cereal,
*swish* I'm detecting hints of vulcanized rubber, licking a 9-volt battery and a strong undercurrent of automatic, public restroom air-freshener spray,
*big ol gulp* overall, a hardy and hosed up alternative to purple drank

Areola Grande

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

*swirls in glass* no legs to speak of. oily, viscous,
color? deep, rich tones of antifreeze and glow-stick liquid,
*deep sniff* strong notes of acetone and apple jacks cereal,
*swish* I'm detecting hints of vulcanized rubber, licking a 9-volt battery and a strong undercurrent of automatic, public restroom air-freshener spray,
*big ol gulp* overall, a hardy and hosed up alternative to purple drank

lol. :rip: ur parents' toilet tomorrow morning

Areola Grande

I've always been curious about fourloko in the same way I've always been curious about white castle

sometimes you just wanna ingest something nasty out of morbid curiosity

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

it used to have caffeine and other energy drink things in it when it first came out. some people died from drinking it, so they took out the caffeine.

I had it at a party when I was 22 or 23 and it was new. Can confirm it "fricks" you the "heck" up quickly lol

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I never tried it but I remember two things about it during my college years:

1) we colloquially referred to it as "blackout in a can"
2) a friend of mine swore that the grape flavor tasted exactly like cough syrup

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

more falafel please

forums poster

I miss sparks, or, more accurately, I miss being able to drink like it was 2008

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

I’m here... to ban kangaroo jack