Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Eifert Posting posted:

It's going to be a bunch of racist/sexist e-mails, probably also confirming he actively ran the cheerleader exploitation.

This. It’s always the emails. People never understand the “once it’s on the internet, it’s there forever”.

Edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Well this takes me back

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
This whole drip drip drip thing is obnoxious. Either it's not a big deal, in which case it's a letdown. Or it is something genuinely awful, in which case, why are they using PR strategies to hype the release date?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lets run this poo poo into the ground

quote:

So my buddy, who's pretty reliable, told me that what's coming out is a link between Snyder and Jeffrey Epstein. Totally unverified, but he heard it from someone he knows who's pretty high up at the Post. Allegedly, Liz Clarke is gonna break the story, and the investigation was greenlit by Bezos, and that he wants to buy the team. Who knows if it's true, but........ THAT'S the supervillain move we need.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Snyder sex tape. Not the hog we wanted, but the hog we deserve.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

Just in time to rename to the Washington Posts.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A shitload of politicians and celebrities have been "linked" to Jeffrey Epstein and it's come to nothing, so I'm pretty skeptical that's anything to do with it.

Kalli posted:

Place your bets people, person closest to the real story (besides it being overblown and not a story) wins the right to crow about knowing their evil rich white bastards the best.

Bunch of racists emails/memos. Like hard R kinda stuff about players.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

Place your bets people, person closest to the real story (besides it being overblown and not a story) wins the right to crow about knowing their evil rich white bastards the best.

A rehash of the ticket waiting list being an obvious lie

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
New Era is going bankrupt so this makes sense. Not many stadium deals are done and all the cash is moved into an escrow, so this happens more than you’d expect. The company itself usually just gets bought out and they usually carry that naming right as an asset. New Era must have zero prospects as far as capital

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

somebody leak the drat washington football mega sexual abuse scandal already

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/_CaseyYoung/status/1283585906654490630

lmao if the redskins have a sandusky of their own

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sharknado slashfic posted:

Jesus, a billionaire worse than Jerruh??

What the gently caress, my brain cant process

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
After tomorrow Grudens' Grinders might have a new meaning.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Drug and alcohol abuse? I'm so old I remember when Scott McLoughan was run out of town for alcohol abuse but actually because he was overshadowing Bruce Allen

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Washington Rhythmic Slap Slap Slapping Sounds

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Allbright etc etc. Obviously plausible that people are concerned about defamation claims, which would explain the “hype” from people in the know.

If it’s true that everyone is trying to cover their rear end, it sort of suggests that the story is going to flat out accuse folks high up of a crime or something close to it. Something like that could be per se defamatory and would have the greatest liability exposure for the Post.

Well see soon enough!

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1283612407743385600?s=21

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 16, 2020

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The rumors of this are all coming from reddit so, I’ll wait and see.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I honestly hope it's something like "Snyder got bad service at a restaurant so he only tipped 5%"

pretty tired of really lovely news tbh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dan “QAnon” Snyder

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

not really sure i believe that it's sexual assault and drugs and also somehow angled so that other owners are furious at snyder for it and it hasn't been leaked on twitter by any players

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope Snyder doesn't have to sell the team, because that means the team might be good again

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Anything that doesn't include Ron Riveria calling someone a dumbass cracker is going to be a disappointment.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is there an owner in sports more hated than Dan Snyder before this news drops? I can't believe it's possible he's worse than we thought.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Is there an owner in sports more hated than Dan Snyder before this news drops? I can't believe it's possible he's worse than we thought.

James Dolan

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dean Spanos

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The answer is definitely Dolan and honestly (pre this news) I’m not sure it’s even close between him and Snyder

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Professor Funk posted:

The answer is definitely Dolan and honestly (pre this news) I’m not sure it’s even close between him and Snyder

drat man, how bad is this fucker? I know next to nothing about the Knicks.

e: https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...0d9e_story.html

lol

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 16, 2020

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

drat man, how bad is this fucker? I know next to nothing about the Knicks.

he's like jerry jones owning the cubs, and not the world series winning cubs. and a less likeable jerry jones.

he wrote a song about trayvon martin for his band

it just goes on forever. i can't pick anything out in particular

e: he had a fan favorite player ejected and arrested for probably telling him to sell the team https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Oakley#Madison_Square_Garden_arrest

e: hired mckinsey to tell the coaches not to watch game film https://deadspin.com/report-hiring-a-consulting-firm-made-the-melo-knicks-e-1836917227

said this before KD and kyrie went to the nets:

quote:

Look, New York is the Mecca of basketball. We hear from people all the time, from players and representatives about who wants to come. We can’t respond because of the NBA rules, etc. But that doesn’t stop them from telling us, and they do. I can tell you, from what we’ve heard, I think we’re gonna have a very successful offseason when it comes to free agents.

there's like a dozen stories about various knicks media and legal outlets whining about the NY post/ny daily news

hifi fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 16, 2020

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

#releasethesnydercut

is that anything? is there anything there?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
My random guess is it is basically a more codified cheerleader scandal. Snyder and the front office funneled women and booze/drugs to potential sponsors and/or political allies. I don't think it has anything to do with the players.

OR

It has everything to do with the players and the front office bribed/threatened victims of the players to keep their mouths poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doctor Teeth posted:

#releasethesnydercut

is that anything? is there anything there?

I will give you 5 points

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I mean they didn't get pegged for literally running a cheerleader prostitution ring so the only thing I can think of is human trafficking or they were keeping girls locked up and doped up to the gills.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

a neat cape posted:

Well this takes me back

:lol: I said to myself “Haven’t seen that in a long time”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Woozie66 posted:

My random guess is it is basically a more codified cheerleader scandal. Snyder and the front office funneled women and booze/drugs to potential sponsors and/or political allies. I don't think it has anything to do with the players.

OR

It has everything to do with the players and the front office bribed/threatened victims of the players to keep their mouths poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

I will say to Dan Snyder's credit, there's no pictures of him with Epstein or Maxwell that I can find in a single google image search, which is honestly surprising for a rich dude who lives in DC.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Whatever it is, I don't think it's looking good.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Posting in TFF for the first time in a good long while to say remember all the nefarious poo poo that has been openly reported about Dan Snyder and now there's people saying "Yeah this is going to be real loving bad", so whatever this is will probably contain metric tons of :yikeseroo:

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Skwirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

I will say to Dan Snyder's credit, there's no pictures of him with Epstein or Maxwell that I can find in a single google image search, which is honestly surprising for a rich dude who lives in DC.

what if he’s ghislaine’s secret husband

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can't wait for Rivera to say nothing for the second time in five years as the guy who signs his paychecks self immolates into a burning white ball of sexism and racism.

LOVE THE TROOPS THOUGH RIGHT RON

edit* Dan Snyder is trending

https://twitter.com/ChefKubano/status/1283624933520601088?s=20

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 16, 2020

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Professor Funk posted:

I dunno man, the sheer list of reprehensible poo poo Snyder has pulled is pretty impressive.

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13039846/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder

Of course, when the City Paper published the first iteration of that article in 2011, Snyder filed a $2 defamation suit without bothering to read the article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My favorite part of that was the selling beers in the bathroom.