Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Final fantasy 7 is my favourite final fantasy so much that i didn't love the remake because they changed so much

The remake is better

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Final Fantasy was perfected with IX and shouldn't continue

Slow and boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
FF12 taught me that it wasn't the combat mechanics and stuff of MMORPGs that I disliked, it was the MMO part.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sakurazuka posted:

The remake is better

yeah its so much better than it has any right to be,i will avoid proper judgment till i finally finish it but its competing with childhood nostalgia which is always an uphill struggle y'know

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

FF12 taught me that it wasn't the combat mechanics and stuff of MMORPGs that I disliked, it was the MMO part.

but 12 doesn’t even have the M or the O

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Attitude Indicator posted:

but 12 doesn’t even have the M or the O
Yeah that's what I mean. I really enjoyed FF12 and I didn't think I would.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

yeah its so much better than it has any right to be,i will avoid proper judgment till i finally finish it but its competing with childhood nostalgia which is always an uphill struggle y'know

poo poo posts aside honestly they're different enough that I judge them both on different merits and wouldn't say either one is better, rather that they compliment each other.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
All final fantasies are good except for 8, 13, and 15. 10 is merely okay

And i dont give a poo poo about 1, 2, or 3

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Final Fantasy 7 remake is somehow one of the funniest games I've ever played.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My least favourite ff is 3 on the nes because its super cool and kinda mind blowing for a nes game then theres this massive roadblock where you have to shrink everyone to fit into a mouses dungeon and they all have to have magic skills or you are boned

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caesar Saladin posted:

Final Fantasy 7 remake is somehow one of the funniest games I've ever played.
It really is. There were a few funny moments in the old ones but they just went all in on humor in this one.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
FFXV might be my favourite game ever lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Oh and I've never played 11 so I cant say. I wish they would make a single player remake of 11 or something just so I can say ive played it

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So apparently if you own the original SUPERHOT, you get the new game in the series for free added to your library(automatically at that), at least if you bought the original prior to or during today, as today is the release date for it

This also applies to Steam and presumably other platforms too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

This also applies to Steam and presumably other platforms too

Everything except Switch

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

fridge corn posted:

Oh and I've never played 11 so I cant say. I wish they would make a single player remake of 11 or something just so I can say ive played it

It's basically single player now but it still has all the eccentricities so it's still hard to recommend for anyone who hasn't already been uh, baptised by early 2000s MMOs.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's basically single player now but it still has all the eccentricities so it's still hard to recommend for anyone who hasn't already been uh, baptised by early 2000s MMOs.

I did my time in Everquest back in the day but lol at the thought of going back to anything like that again

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It seemed almost everyone had nothing but praise for the game till they got to the later half of the game. Nothing but gushing when it released. Haven't played it myself.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Final Fantasy VII is my favorite Final Fantasy game and also Final Fantasy VII Remake is my favorite Final Fantasy game.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Rinkles posted:

It seemed almost everyone had nothing but praise for the game till they got to the later half of the game. Nothing but gushing when it released. Haven't played it myself.

There's only two areas that stick out as underdeveloped and cumbersome (both slum areas with bluntly-hamfisted sidequests), the rest of the game is the most highly-polished, slick and masterfully crafted work you'll ever see this side of tlou2

It's not as good as the original but it comes extremely close and it has its own identity, part 2's hype will be off the wall

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

It's loving legend, all the way through. Fleshed out, beautiful, funny, fun game with great music, battle, and atmosphere.

I got so emotional playing that poo poo. I can't believe they actually delivered on 20+ years of nostalgia and pent up expectations.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Rinkles posted:

It loses steam towards the end a bit. The final 10 hours of the game follows a plot line that was scripted to be around an hour long, so it drags a bit and feels like/is filler. Same with a lot of the encounters in the final stretch. And the last chapter is just pointless kingdom hearts gibberish.
Still looking forward to playing the next instalment in 2028 or whatever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well my copy of Ghost came so I've got something better to do than shitpost for the rest of the day at least

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Well my copy of Ghost came so I've got something better to do than shitpost for the rest of the day at least

i mean, we expect shitposting either way. don't think you're getting out of your responsibilities that easily.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Shitpost of Tsushima

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've seen a youtube video of the end of Tsuhima and am ready to declare it a 6/10

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've seen a youtube video of the end of Tsuhima and am ready to declare it a 6/10

This is like nails down a chalkboard

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm going to start Horizon, is there anything I should be aware of before I play it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

I'm going to start Horizon, is there anything I should be aware of before I play it?

It's really good.

Also there's a HUD setting where it hides most of the hud unless you tap the touchbar, I'd recommend that as well!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Paperhouse posted:

All the tools are worth trying and are good in different situations, so experiment with 'em

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Final Fantasy was perfected with IX and shouldn't continue

While I respect the soul of this post, FFX is also a very good video game, but everything after 10 has been poop from the booty

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

That's too bad. Did you at least try a early copy before watching the ending?

Paperhouse posted:

Only that it is one of the beat open world games made. Enjoy!

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jul 16, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

That's too bad. Did you at least try a early copy before watching the ending?

I don't play games

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Paperhouse posted:

Kill every single goose, raccoon, rabbit, anything you see. Spare no wildlife. It’s how you upgrade capacity / storage and while not uncommon they never show up when you actually need them. So just know from The start you’ll need a lot of them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I don't play games

Of course. You are "experiencing art". :wink:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Of course. You are "experiencing art". :wink:

It's called "reading my posts" :cheers:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's October, 1977. My home movie viewing time is very valuable to me, but I want to be apart of the exciting Star Wars discourse without having to actually watch the movie. I have my kids go watch the movie with their uncle while I am at work, then I have them describe the basic plot beats and character motivations in excruciating detail on the three hour drive to Nana's house. Overall seems kinda lame, not really understanding what all the fuss is about...

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Based on your post I'm giving it a 4/10. I also hated how they tried to force their dumb werewolf agenda down our throats. Ugh. Keep your drat lycanthrope politics out of my vidyagames, werewokes!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

It's October, 1977. My home movie viewing time is very valuable to me, but I want to be apart of the exciting Star Wars discourse without having to actually watch the movie. I have my kids go watch the movie with their uncle while I am at work, then I have them describe the basic plot beats and character motivations in excruciating detail on the three hour drive to Nana's house. Overall seems kinda lame, not really understanding what all the fuss is about...

This sounds like a good dad.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Is there some kind of competition for coming up with the most insane analogies for watching twitch streams or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Actually playing games is elitist I think you will find