Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
It has appeared in my account now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/1282640780755120128

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

~Coxy posted:

It has appeared in my account now.

Yeah, me too.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

Keep in mind folks that Watch _ Dogs 2 Probably sucks just as much as every other godless Ubisoft game and you're better off not debasing yourself for or wasting any of your time on this putrid company's promotional aspirations.

I clicked the button to get it free but will also never log into uplay to see if they gave it to me.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I'll assume i'm in a later wave since I got busy and didn't click the register link until after 7pm.
But nothing yet.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

OgNar posted:

I'll assume i'm in a later wave since I got busy and didn't click the register link until after 7pm.
But nothing yet.

I registered shortly before quoting the link in here and ain't got nothin' yet. :shrug:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Geemer posted:

I registered shortly before quoting the link in here and ain't got nothin' yet. :shrug:

Just checked and its now there, so even if you were late to the party it all seems to be good.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

flatluigi posted:

eh, watch_dogs 2 is one of the the best games in its genre so it's still very much worth playing

also I have my doubts about legion's gimmick adding enough to the game, but I haven't seen a lot of it since its premiere

There are two kinds of people in regards to Watchdogs: Legion - those who are worried it will be a gimmick (and potential monetization of that gimmick through premium recruits) and those who can't wait to make the Golden Girls hack squad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The next stage of the "Am I cake?" meme is "Am I a Watch Dogs protagonist?"

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

OgNar posted:

Just checked and its now there, so even if you were late to the party it all seems to be good.

Thanks for the confirmation. Not like I'm worried, because I know the chances of me ever actually playing the game are slim to none. But it's still nice to get free stuff.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Well, well, well...guess who didn't have to sit through a 60 minute commercial like a shitlord to get his free game?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

peter molyneux?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lutha Mahtin posted:

peter molyneux?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

AARP LARPer posted:

Well, well, well...guess who didn't have to sit through a 60 minute commercial like a shitlord to get his free game?

Most people?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

AARP LARPer posted:

Everyone? You just had to log in and click a button. You weren't forced to watch anything, lol.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
That’s precisely what someone who just watched a 60 minute commercial they didn’t have to would say.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I liked the commercial.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Betteridge’s Law of Headlines in action.

(Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered with “No.”)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I had logged in initially, until it logged me out, so I had twitch open with ubisoft api added in prior to that, nothing.

Clicked whatever that redeem link is and "registered" even though I already have an account, the following day and still nothing.

I just want my gaddamn game for the pile.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Ubisoft: Everyone who participated will be getting their free game, we are doing it in waves so it will take a few days for everyone to get them though.

Goons: it's been like 12 hours, where's my loving game???

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Sleeveless posted:

Ubisoft: Everyone who participated will be getting their free game, we are doing it in waves so it will take a few days for everyone to get them though.

:goonsay:

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

A couple of new IndieGala freebies: The Deed and Merry Glade (plus another Hentai puzzle...)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Makes it feel like it didn't go through, is more of my consternation.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Apparently WD2 is being added to accounts manually, so it might be a while.

Good job there, ubi.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I got mine that same night they put out the link. And it’ll probably sit in my backlog of shame never getting played.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
At this point, to save what little face the company has left, they really should just CTRL+A the whole thing. Or make it free on the store for a week.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

At this point, to save what little face the company has left, they really should just CTRL+A the whole thing.

They did? Or at least I got a link to claim the game despite never having watched any video or stream.

e: I do have a Uplay account of course.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I meant to avoid manually adding keys to accounts. They have an automated system that does it for their store front presumably.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
developer time is likely more expensive than the time of whatever poor schmucks they have doing the data entry

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Torchlight 2 is free on the Epic Games Store

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Next up Next Up Hero and Tacoma.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Torchlight 2 is a Diablo like, right? I might actually play that.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Skwirl posted:

Music in the first area is practically the exact same from Blood Moor.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

Torchlight 1 was Diablo 1 but not as good, and Torchlight 2 is Diablo 2 but super not as good.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

THE BAR posted:

Music in the first area is practically the exact same from Blood Moor.

And it's literally the same composer as Diablo I and II.
Edit: He apparently even did the third Torchlight game.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 16, 2020

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Mierenneuker posted:

And it's literally the same composer as Diablo I and II.

Yep! You even fight little red dudes in the first area, like Fallen. I, uh, never got past it.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I really enjoyed Torchlight but Torchlight II fell totally flat for me.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Torchlight was basically methodone for fans of Diablo-likes in the dry spell between Diablo 2 clones being a thing and the release of Diablo 3 and the flood of quality indie ARPGs that followed. I don't really know how well it would hold up.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sleeveless posted:

Torchlight was basically methodone for fans of Diablo-likes in the dry spell between Diablo 2 clones being a thing and the release of Diablo 3 and the flood of quality indie ARPGs that followed. I don't really know how well it would hold up.

it didn't hold up that well even at the time. i get budget gaming is what it is, but a cat's time is worth something and i don't think TL2 is gonna hit that bar, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The first Torchlight has a problem that the enemies seem to pop up on your screen on 1920x1080. They won't appear at the edges but a bit past them, really visible on your screen. It's super-duper noticeable with the elite versions of enemies, because they are much larger than the regular versions of mobs.

It becomes really annoying when you have a character based on traps/turrets, because they'll also disappear when they get close to the edges of your screen. And at that point your turrets can no longer target them.