Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Faber, god of Artifice and War
Godmana: 15 -> 55 -> 25

Faber looked at the axe in his hand. It did not meet his standards. He then peered from his volcano, beyond the gap, at the Great Wilder, now separate from other lands.

"A SIGN", he declared as he tossed the axe into a pile of scrap, "BY DIVINE PROVIDENCE, THE TREES SHALL BE SPARED MY IRE."

It wasn't just because he hosed up. Nope.

But the rest weren't so lucky, least of all the humans and ants, the eldest and most established peoples.

A dread gong rang across the western continent, as automata burst forth from the volcano, their ranks ever reinforced by Faber at his forge.

Catastrophe! The Clockwork Crusade comes for the Ants of Rock Country, spearheaded by the Legion of Hammers!: 1d100+1d20 100

An unmodified 95. As my second Domain, I pick War!

Catastrophe! The Clockwork Crusade comes for the Humans of Human Kingdom, spearheaded by the Legion of Swords!: 1d100+1d20 56

30 points for 2 catastrophes.

The Clockwork Crusade opposes all life. Since everything is alive, any areas they conquer will be burnt and salted and slain into dead wasteland.

The Clockwork Crusade is also like clockwork. The armies, should they survive, will return back to the volcano after a Dramatically Appropriate Amount of Time.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

Discovery of a Lost City: 41

Perhaps not particularly convincing as a city older than 2 days, but no less a ruin containing the mythical THINGAMABOB: a mesmerising mechanical calendar that prophesies of the end of days in five game days, and is attributed to the gods of the pantheon that might actually have something to do with destruction and disaster, as opposed to dear old Um who probably doesn't destroy things aside from memories. It's just going to sit there, waiting for any NATURALLY CURIOUS beings to be curious about the new ruins.

[create an object that might possibly, on an off chance, have fringe followers of other gods believe the apocalypse is coming soon] [-5]

15 godmana remain.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Rubix Squid posted:

Uyyeh, the God of the Eldritch

Commune secrets to Inquiring Minds: 100

Create the Shades: 16

Command the Shades to Lurk in the Gloom: 20

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just to clarify, I am deliberately creating a prophesy for an apocalypse that I don't anticipate will actually occurr. I am aware the world ends in 8 days time and not 5.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Azza Bamboo posted:

[create an object that might possibly, on an off chance, have fringe followers of other gods believe the apocalypse is coming soon] [-5]

Create a Calender Prophesying Armageddon: 45

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Alas, the mechanical calendar circles around itself, convincing most that the cycle simply starts anew.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Theantero posted:

An unmodified 95. As my second Domain, I pick War!

War is taken! by Kharnibolg

Arcanuse posted:

After consideration, the divided gods will take on the aspects of: [Travel] and [Survival] to go with their previous [Division].

Travel was also taken, by Kata'an

hashashash fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 16, 2020

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

If the Clockwork crusade comes to rock county I'll be keeping an eye on whether they're actually able to remember where my temple is when they wish it ill intent.

If not, this could work out really well for Um.

Either way, that was not cool.

A curse on the clockwork crusade and any who travel with it: they forget all maintenance on the long journey back to the volcano. [-15]

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 16, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hashim posted:

Travel was also taken, by Kata'an

Indeed? [Unity] seems a thematic alternative then.

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Basking in the light of the Volcano, Ka-Li Ma-Ti takes on the aspect of Despair

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Hashim posted:

War is taken! by Kharnibolg

Oh whoops. Then I'll take The Volcano. Not volcanoes in general, mind, just this particular one at the center.

It's my house now.

Pretenders get out :argh:

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Dagmal, god of Justice and Fertility

Dagmal broods and stares at the world and the actions of some of his fellow gods incomprehensibly. The world is big enough, with life and room for all. Yet, why are some of his siblings so bent on destroying it and destroying the life that was created? He calls out to the other gods.

"My brothers and sisters! This is a place we have shaped. This means we have a duty to protect it! Look how fragile this place is! Yet some of you choose to destroy and bring misery without cause! Would you make all our work for naught? Who will join me in protecting this world against those who would do it harm?"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Faber, god of Artifice and The Volcano

"WHAT INSIPID PRATTLE."

"YOU SPEAK OF JUSTICE, BUT WHERE WERE YOU WHEN LIFE WAS FORCED UPON ALL OUR WORKS WITHOUT US GIVEN SAY?"

"WHERE WERE YOU WHEN LIFE SPAT AT ME IN A SHOW OF BLASPHEMOUS DISRESPECT?"

"ALL I PERFORM IS RIGHTFUL RETRIBUTION."

"LIFE WILL STILL PERSIST."

"BUT I WILL SCAR A LESSON IN RESPECT ON ITS SKIN, SO THAT IT WILL KNOW ITS PLACE."

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Gotten a couple questions about this - you can re-try an Action that failed in another round, just because you failed at it once doesn't mean you can never try it again

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mar Rabbuta, God of Rebirth

Eight and twenty were Mar Rabbuta's kin
Aside from those who had fallen
Aside for those who had not yet risen
And they made a great discord
A roaring, flames upon the Earth
And Mar Rabbuta saw that it was evil
Then Mar Rabbuta heard the words of his brother Dagmal
And these words he heard were good
So the Great God opened his mouth
To make a covenant with his brother
A pact to cultivate virtue on the earth
"Dagmal, we speak with one heart
Though the small folk despise me for my gift
I have fashioned it for their edification
But it falls short
So I will refine it in your image
And even the savage trees will learn to love justice"
And Mar Rabbunta did decree
That the just, the kind, and the good would be reborn in higher lives
Even unto angels or gods themselves
And the unjust, the cruel, the evil would be reborn into lower lives
Even unto blades of grass, and the insects that cling to them
Their deeds would be weighed, and repaid

(Make the level of reincarnation and fortunate or unfortunate circumstances of birth dependent on the virtue and justice of the past life 20 god points)
(60 gp remaining)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Vinny Possum posted:

(Make the level of reincarnation and fortunate or unfortunate circumstances of birth dependent on the virtue and justice of the past life 20 god points)
(60 gp remaining)

Karmic rebirth: 84

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

The Ca, La(???), Ka(???), Ma(?), Ra, Na(?), and Oh, Mortal-Gods of Division, Survival and Unity [60GP]

"We hear you Dagmal, and though it may not seem as such from the eyes of our brothers and sisters we have watched their works as well."
"We have stood aside so far, for They have left us be."
"But the silence of La runs deeper than our nature commands, and speaker Ka has fallen quiet as well."
"Meanwhile Silent Ma and Speaker Na have found trouble on their way."
"Only Ca, Ra and Oh have made the journey in full certainty."

"We wish only to work our chosen corner of creation as we deem fit, yet the works of Others have complicated such."
"You wish for us to join you, Dagmal?"
"Then we have a request of Our own."

"See to it that Ma and Na arrive safely, and we will consider your offer."
"But should La and Ka arrive as well, we will accept whole-heartedly, in full certainty."

"Those are our terms, Dagmal."

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 16, 2020

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
:effort: but:

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Uyyeh, the god of the Eldritch

One of Uyyeh's uncoutable eyes peers out from the darkness of Dagmal's shadows.
"Dagaml protects the cage, we see this. Dagmal protects its that-wrought-of-the-tapestry, we see this too. What of those who seek|make egress? Grant them your s̵̯̺̈́̈ẖ̵͐a̸̺͘d̴̟̀e̸̛͔̾|peace and we will abide|dwell|respect your will within it."

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Tse-Goa god of Opening
Godmana: 10 ->50 -> 85 (non-action refund) ->40

Thw rold appears to be unusually close-minded to the pleas of Tse, but that's not gonna stop him.

Firstly, Heal the wounds. If nothing else, they should have healed naturally by now, but why not apply some extra god-powers?

That would be 5 godmana https://orokos.com/roll/826875

Secondly, Create a new religion: Covenant of the gap: This time, add in a foundational principle of it being open to everyone and anyone regardless of species.

That would be 5 godmana https://orokos.com/roll/826876

Thirdly, invoke a curse of openings upon all living for rejecting the message. From now on, wherever a weak spot for a hole would be on a body, it would become one (humans get cavities, trees get tree hollows, the rest gain holes as appropriate for the species)

That would be 30 godmana https://orokos.com/roll/826877

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Khurol, God of Life and Civilisation

75 Godmana

True to his word, Khurol set about instilling comprehension into that which Faber wished to exert their control, raising up the blasted wastelands left in the wake of the Clockwork Crusade for Ant country into full sentience and civilisation.

Awaken the blasted wastelands in the wake of the Clockwork Crusades to sentience and civilisation: 1d100+1d20 88

(45 Godmana remains)

Looking upon the trees, it seemed harsher measures were in order. Catastrophe: The soil beneath the Tree people will no longer accept their roots or give them Life

Catastrophe: The soil beneath the Tree people will no longer accept their roots or give them Life: 1d100+1d20 42

That didn't work. Another approach.

Awaken the sap within the trees to full sentience to wage war on them all from within.: 1d100+1d20 107

A nation of tree sap to engage in literal sapping.

(All Godmana spent.)

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 16, 2020

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mar Rabbunta, God of Rebirth

The hate of the children of rebirth burnt against Lord Rabbunta
They slew gods in their suffering
Though rejected once, he would try to teach them once more
Hiding his face, he spoke to them
To the people of the seas
To teach the path of righteousness.

(Attempt to found a monastic, missionary, and proactively virtuous sect among an influential fish person tribe, without a concrete deity at its head -5 god points)

55 god points remaining.

Vinny Possum fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 16, 2020

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Bet reveled in the destruction wrought by Faber's roving armies of clockwork monstrosities - but his elation turned to annoyance when their hammer blows began to fall upon His chosen people. After permitting several outlying villages to be massacred and strewn with broken Ant corpses for His amusement, He stood upon the battlements of An and attempted to call down a plague of rust and soft metal upon the Legion of Hammers, that they would be easier to melt into worthless slag by His children's new gift.

https://orokos.com/roll/826906

Mana: 45-15=30

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I tried this earlier but forgot to put it in bold.

A curse on the clockwork crusade and all who travel with them, they forget their maintenance regime.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 16, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Azza Bamboo posted:

A curse on the clockwork crusade and all who travel with them, they forget their maintenance regime.

Curse the clockwork crusade: 69

Vinny Possum posted:

(Attempt to found a monastic, missionary, and proactively virtuous sect among an influential fish person tribe, without a concrete deity at its head -5 god points)

Found a religion: 84

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The Lady Elayne, Goddess of Sanctuary

As she attempted to catch her breath, The Lady Elayne watched her aunts and uncles rage. Soon, they decreed, volcanoes would erupt. Trees would overflow with sap. Machines would rust. Wars would be waged without end.

The goddess shed a tear for the unnecessary violence. When she once again felt able to exert her godhood, she spoke.

"These calamities tear at my heart. Though I am powerless to act directly against my family, I will send a call into the minds of all those sentient creatures who are good of heart and kind of soul, inviting them to seek refuge among my newly crafted islands. There, they can travel to be protected from the suffering of the world."

Send out a call to all sentient creatures who are good of heart and kind of spirit to seek protection among the islands: 1d100+1d20: 66

The call echoed across the earth, from the mountains of the south to the human settlements of the north. The announcement had strained her voice. She spoke in a low, hoarse whisper.

"From those who answer my call, I will then attempt to find a hero, a paragon of virtue, who will unite the temples into one nation dedicated to peace, justice, and sacrifice." She coughed. "I will whisper in their ear to inspire them to accomplish great works befitting this nation."

Inspire a sentient to unite the temples into one nation dedicated to peace, justice, and sacrifice: 1d100 + 1d20: 40

In her last act of the day, the Lady Elayne turned her attention to her aunts and uncles.

"While some of you have committed heinous acts, others have acted selflessly and are deserving of praise. I will inspire the people of the islands around the Greene Sanctum to praise a pantheon made up of Uyyeh, Mar Rabbuta, Dagmal, Eispas, and myself. This religion will seek to embody our hospitality, grace, service so that all creatures might, one day, be safe from harm. It shall have one commandment above all others: Help one another.

Create a new religion based around hospitality, service, and preservation: 1d100 + 1d20: 51

And with that she was done, having expended all her energy.

GODMANA: 0

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 16, 2020

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Athruithe Beaga god of Mutation

The world was becoming ever more dangerous for living things, as tree and automaton rampaged in ceaseless war. So Athruithe Beaga sought to create a faith for her beloved worms which would honor the gods and goddesses of nature: Athruithe Beaga the patron of worms and change, Khurol who guards life, Dagmal who encourages growth, Mar Rabbunta who guards the living soul, The Lady Elayne who guards against extinction, Feesh who gives the waters their bounty and the departed Greene who died fighting the monstrous trees. (10 godmana): 76

She saw the faith take root, though not perfectly and so sought to forge holy artifacts for her children. However she was not the god of forges and her attempts were stymied.

Forge a set of armor to allow a worm to become invisible when worn. (5 godmana): 36
Forge a circlet which, when worn, will allow the gods to speak to a worm directly. (5 godmana): 66
Forge a set of priestly robes which grant the wearer power over non-intelligent parasites. (5 godmana): 37

Godmana: 50-10-10+45-10-10-10+40-10-10-5-5-10-5-5-5=30 current

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
[quote="Epicurius" post="506543108"]

Dagmal considered the request of the strange divided God. He feared La and Ka were beyond his help,though, perhaps...

Ma and Na, he thought he could help.

So, first, he Sent guides to helped Ma and Na upon their way.

Godmana 55

I just spent 5 mana each on 2 actions. if any of these need more or less, please let me know and I'll adjust my points

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 16, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Epicurius posted:

Can't act directly on another god, only by way of proxy

hashashash fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 16, 2020

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Hashim posted:

Can't act directly on another god, only by way of proxy

Edited to add proxies

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Epicurius posted:

So, first, he Sent guides to helped Ma and Na upon their way.

I just spent 5 mana each on 2 actions. if any of these need more or less, please let me know and I'll adjust my points

Yep 5 per is fine

Send guides to help Ma: 56

Send guides to help Na: 45

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Kharnibolg, god of Rage and War
Godmana: 50 -> 30 -> 25 -> 5

Hur! Hur! Hur! Assault!

This is too droll! This so-called god of LIFE ITSELF would throw itself against the Great Trees that originally caught my rolling eye - among the puny mortals, they are the only ones worthy of my rageful ire. How outrageous, that the god of Life Itself would abhor that which grows tall from the soil alone! This only tells me that what I am teaching my chosen people must be important, otherwise the gods wouldn't set the very mountains against them!

They have chosen to turn the life-sap of my people into a weapon of war! I will subvert this internal war of minds into a boon! Not only shall the Great Trees rage against parts of their bodies turning against them, they shall also consume the traitorous life-sap to become even stronger!

Modify the Great Trees to incorporate their Sentient Sap into a symbiotic bond, vastly increasing their Intelligence from Dull: 1d100+1d20 60 - No!

Argh! Why! How could you resist me at this critical moment, foul reality! Just when the Great Trees could finally overcome their dullness and become sharp! Curses!

I must forge a path for the Great Trees to blunder ahead and fight another day. There must be some of them capable of expelling this poison that Life Itself has created to fell my chosen people in droves.

Empower groups of Great Trees to Heal themselves and others of the Sentient Sap by drinking the lifeblood of the living (especially that of mountains): 1d100+1d20 13 - Rauggghr!

Hrangh! This is a disaster! The wills of the world are spurning my desire to elevate the Great Trees to new heights of supremacy!

They will learn! They will be destroyed! All the creations of this so-called god of LIFE ITSELF shall be destroyed, and THEY shall be the vessel.

Go, my Great Trees, spread across the grand Creation, capable of destroying all of Life's works.

Reshape the Great Trees to exist as the Antithesis to the creations of Khurol, God of Life and Civilisation: 1d100+1d20 106

LIFE ITSELF BROUGHT YOU THE PAIN YOU FEEL WITHIN YOURSELVES, GREAT ONES. RAGE AGAINST LIFE'S INJUSTICE AND CONQUER!

(If still alive, Kharnibolg expands his portfolio to include the Anathema aspect.)

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 17, 2020

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Arcanuse posted:

"See to it that Ma and Na arrive safely, and we will consider your offer."
"But should La and Ka arrive as well, we will accept whole-heartedly, in full certainty."

Mar Rabbunta, God of Rebirth

Mar Rabbunta saw the seven children of Calakamarana suffer,
His Great Heart was moved with compassion,
So he issued a decree to the heavens
Verily, he did command:
"Shall the shards of Calakamarana fall
Should MA LA NA KA perish
They shall be reborn as mortals
To suffer and toil as all living creatures
But they shall know their source
And seek reunion with their self"

(If the various pieces of the God of Division and Union die, each will be reborn in a mortal body, and attempt to return to Ca-La-Ka-Ma-Ra-Na, and pursue whatever agenda they (Arcanuse) desire. However, if reborn in this way, they will remember their mortal struggles and take them into consideration when they do god things)

((Count points however you feel is appropriate, however, I do feel like this is something I've managed to be able to set myself up to do fairly easily, as it's all technically covered in my past reincarnation stuff. If I don't have enough points for all of them (before this action happens, I have 55) apply it to each in the order they died.))

Vinny Possum fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jul 17, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

RAGE

The gods were angry.

Xa’s Gift had exploded, and the world was reeling. Xa himself was furious, and with Wee-Aah-Pt having perished in the fires, he took out his rage by raining fire on the followers of that god.

(The followers of the Laws of Attraction, who now worship Wee-Aah-Pt as the god who sacrificed himself to hold the world together, suffer a Decline in Population.)

But that wasn’t enough. Xa was worshipped as the god of Heat, but he also god of Seasons, and he was so enraged that he cursed the entirety of the earth to Seasons of only Heat and Flood. They would have no Respite.

(The undulation of the world is altered so that there are only two Seasons – Heat and Flood.)

And for his final flourish, Xa enlisted the aid of Ka-Li Ma-Ti. Together with the deity of Disasters, the god of Heat harnessed the rage and fury burning within him, and directed that energy into the magma that bubbled and spat at the Center of the World.

A moment later, the Volcano erupted.

(There is a Supereruption of the Volcano, lava eating at the surrounding Waters and earthquakes cascading across the Earth and ash spewing into the Sky. The damage is tremendous.
Most of the Parasites are Eradicated, and there is a Decline of the Population of An and the Human Kingdom.)

The ramifications of Xa's actions would be enormous, and the god of Waves was quick to act. Knowing that their Static nature would prevent them from fleeing, even in the face of disaster, Kata’an wafted at the Peoples covering the earth, urging the bold and daring among them to tread unknown ground and found new settlements.

And remarkably, some listened. Mostly in the western continent, where immense earthquakes and horrendous seasons plunged the Peoples into chaos. In the midst of this chaos, the Star Elves lost their War against the Humans, who were said to be led by a beast of a man, with almost all of them forced to escape his wrath by taking to the waters and sailing south.

(The Star Elves gain Depressed.
The Star Elves Migrate along the western mountain chain, which they call Starry Peaks, eventually settling a cave system called Starlit Valley.)

And with the War against the Elves largely won, many of the Angels – demigods borne from union between God and Human – began to believe themselves superior to their mortal mothers. So much so, in fact, that they decided to abandon the Human Kingdom altogether and move south, raising a topless tower that stretched into the clouds and inhabiting the lands around it.

(The Angels gain Proud and Intolerant.
(The Angels settle around the Topless Tower, at the fork of a great river springing from the Center of the World.)

Even some of the Dull Folk were wise enough to do the same. The Great Trees had been embroiled in War with the Living Mountains for hundreds of years, and the young amongst them were tired of it. So, led by a daring willow, a small party of Trees abandoned their ancestral lands and struck north, settling a decade later in a peaceful place they called Willowood.

(The Migrating Trees gain Craven
Some of the Trees Migrate to the Willowood in the northern continent.)

And finally, the few Parasites that survived the Eruption followed the guiding hand of Kata’an across the waves, eventually colonizing the swampy marshlands south of the Human Kingdom. Prime position to launch raids and incursion against Humans, in fact.

(The Migrating Worms gain Craven.
The surviving Worms Migrate to the Swamplands.)

The Trees that stayed behind included many of the large, brutish things that tore and feasted on gods in days past. The god of Life hated them, and though his Living Mountains were gaining ground in their War, it was slow and bloody... so Khurol decided to lay a curse on the Great Trees – the sap running through their bark would congeal and rot, sapping at any intelligence or creativity the Tree had until nothing remained.

(Very good roll, Sap becomes Living, and many Trees fall to the Sap Sickness. There is a Decline in their Population.)

And working in tandem with the god of Life was Mar Rabutta, who had watched as one god after another was murdered by the villainous Trees. And, unlike the ungrateful mortals crawling across the earth, once a god was gone… they were gone. For good.

So the god of Rebirth did what he could. Those great wooden brutes might live long, hundreds of years even, but they would face justice in time.

(Good roll, Karmic Rebirth is established, whereby the circumstances of Rebirth are dependent on the virtues and vices of past lives.)

Seeing the curses that were flung against the Great Trees, Kharnibolg – the god who first imbued Rage into them – moved to defend his chosen people. Descending to a large clearing in the Great Wilder, he promised Oakenroar the path to a cure, the secrets to redemption, even th–

But the King of the Great Trees wasn't listening. The Sap was already in eyes and ears, his movements were slow and head ringing, and he blindly attacked Kharnibolg.

(Terrible roll! Kharnibolg is Killed, Great Trees greedily guzzling at his blood.)

The god of Rage wasn't one to go meekly, not even with his dying breath. In fact, it was with his dying breath, as Trees pinned him down and tore at his guts, that Kharnibolg bestowed his final gift on them – a hatred of all things un-Tree, a hatred of all things not-Forest, a hatred of all things Living.

(The Great Trees gain Rabid and Intolerant.
The Great Trees declare Forever War on Life.)

As a god was killed in the Easterplaces, another god was fuming in the Northlands. Athruithe Beaga wasn’t happy to see her pet parasites fleeing, even for their lives. So she grasped the Parasites that settled in the Swamplands and rewired the nerves and synapses that formed their gooey brains, transforming them into Worms with some backbone, and bestowing these Leaders with symbols of her divine favor.

(A sub-race is formed within the Great Worms, called the Wyrm, who are appointed to lead by divine right.
The Crown of Vines, an Artifact of Power, is created. Wearing these crowns (there are multiple copies) transform their wearer into a cruel and terrifying Tyrant that knows only one rule – might makes right.)

And under the tyrannical rule of these Wyrm, the worship of one and only god was enforced in the Swamplands – worship of Athruithe Beaga, deity of Mutation and patron god of the Worms.

(Barely successful roll, the new religion is centered on a single deity.)

Meanwhile, from his lofty palaces on the stars, Eispas watched as the Humans and Elves waged bitter War, watched as the Humans slowly gained the upper ground, and watched as their Beast-King eventually stormed Star Isle, slaughtering and seizing the stronghold of Star Elves.

And through all this, he watched his religion grew corrupted and unheeded. As Humans and Elves finally parted ways, the prince of the Stars resolved to send them – and everyone else – a message they couldn’t warp or ignore, a message set into the very stars themselves, forming a great constellation that shone in broad Sunlight and promised adherents a place within it. A place as Stars.

(The Order of Astromancy rebounds in Popularity, gaining many adherents among Humans and Star Elves, who believe that they will Reincarnate in Constellations after death.)

Um happened to be gazing down at the world just then, but his gaze was drawn to the west, where the Volcano's eruption had cracked the earth down the middle. Smirking furtively, the god of Forgetfulness decided to curse the entirety of the western landmass with a forgetting they would remember – they would never remember that the eastern continent ever existed.

Unfortunately, Um forgot what he was doing halfway through the curse, and instead gifted the Peoples of the west with an incredibly astute memory.
(The Humans, Ants and Star Elves gain Hyperthymesia.)

To try and remedy his mistake, Um dropped down to a small Human village and randomly picked a woman, blessing her with the ability to wipe the memories of anyone she touches. Once the deed was done, he shot back into the sky, leaving a very confused woman wondering what had just happened.

(A Human woman is “Gifted” with the ability to bestow Amnesia on whoever she lays a hand on. Having accidentally wiped all memories of herself from her family and friends, she soon takes to Wandering.).

Other gods also noticed the disasters belching forth from the Center of the World, but from his forges beneath the spent volcano, the god of Artifice saw only opportunity.

This was precisely the moment he had been waiting for, so he stood, stretched, and stamped the earth. The stamp echoed across the western continent, and like clockwork, his Automata burst from the ground and began marching. The Clockwork Crusade was begun.

(The Legion of Hammers wages War on the Ants of An.
Damaged by the devastating Eruption, the Legion easily Capture An. Automata Prime is named First Legionary of An.)

It was then, stalking through Rock Country, that Bet-Erin finally came upon her Ants. And like Athruithe Beaga, Bet-Erin was livid when she saw how far they had fallen since Sentience was breathed into them. Slothful, foolish, ignorant, and now fleeing their own City… that had to change.

And as it happens, the two-faced god was wearing her face of Destruction that day, and she showed it when she seized the bodies of several Ants and contorted, twisted, warped them something else.

(A new sub-race of Ants is formed, the Fire Ants, tough and vicious things that form the soldiery of the Ants.
Fire Ants gain Firebelcher.)

Bet-Erin then turned her fury on those who had driven the Ants from their mounds, mouthing the words of a terrible curse on the Automata – their weapons would rot, their luster would dull, their metal would rust, until finally they would crumble away into nothing without a fight. So spoke the Two-Faced god, and so it was.

(Good roll, rusting and natural processes quicken, shortening the Lifespan of the Automata.)

Disasters, Wars, Curses, these horrendous things were far too common, as far as Rager was concerned. The Peoples suffered so, they clearly needed a way to escape their daily torments, even if only for a few hours, even if only in their minds.

So the god of Celebration dropped to an empty stretch of grass, and pressed him palm into the ground. And slowly, from grass and loam and sand all across the world, mushrooms began to sprout.

(Excellent roll! Psilocybin Mushrooms are seeded into the earth, and will become a Spiritual Drug for many in times to come.)

With the rage and fury of the gods finally spent, there was a brief lull in the world. It was in this lull that the gods noticed newcomers amongst their ranks.

Some didn't stay for long, including a newborn god by the name of Yahahahoy, who immediately descended to meddle in the affairs of mortals. He unwisely chose to land in the midst of the Northlands, where primitive huts had been replaced by walled villages, and was promptly escorted to the King of the Humans... who didn’t look very Human at all.

(Yahahahoy successfully descends as a Living God.)

Wild, frothing, covered in fur, this beast-like thing was taken by a fit of madness and pounced on the god, whereupon – as his retainers watched in horror – he devoured Yahahahoy whole!

(Aaaand is followed by a terrible roll! Yahahahoy is Killed, consumed by the King of the Humans, who was turned beastlike by the Crown of Beasts.)

Another one of these gods, Feesh, looked to the waters instead. The fury of the gods had rained down on the world, justly-so, but now a cleansing was needed. So the newborn god blew into the seas and rivers that enclosed and cut through the earth, and from the froth and foam sealiving Life was borne.

But that wasn’t enough. The cosmos were shaped into a natural order of hierarchy, and to rule these thoughtless fish, the god decided to raise one amongst them to Sentience. The Piscan People.

(In addition to an ocean of fish, another Sentient race is created, the Piscans, in the Waters around around the Centre of the World.)

While some gods marked their entry with new life, others had… more noxious methods. Ka-Li Ma-Ti was borne from, and indeed helped wield, the supereruption of the Volcano, and if that weren't enough of an opening, he decided to let the world know of his arrival by sending a great red comet streaking across the sky… a comet that, strangely, seemed to get bigger and bigger.

The meteorite crashed into Rock Country, driving deep into the earth and fracturing the land around it. And buried deep within that fiery rock, if anyone dared approach, was a small, ugly little locket.

(The Meteorite was quite small, but enough to cause another Decline in the Population of An.
The Locket of Mu-Frey, an Artifact of Power, is discovered by a Fire Ant. Though small and unappealing, the Ant soon discovers that the locket grants its wearer outrageously good luck.)

Yet another young deity, the lady of Sanctuary, had already been walking the world for some time. Elayne had sprung from the dying body of her revered father – Greene, god of Wilderness – and like Greene, she wanted only to see the natural beauty of the world persevere.

Working towards that end, she walked from her father’s grave to the eastern edge of the world, and raised her hands to the sky. And as she did so, great islands rose from the depths of the sea, forming a ring of fortresses around the Greene Sanctum, flush with wild nature and free from the Sentience that corrupts the mainland.

(Eight islands rise within visible distance of the Greene Sanctum, shielding their mother isle from mainland view.)

Young as she was, this act greatly weakened the goddess, leaving her wheezing and aching. Still, however, she was not yet done, flicking her wrist and commanding a splendid utopia to rise from the soil… but, perhaps overwhelmed with tiredness, something went wrong, and wild malformations of nature sprung up instead.

(Strange creatures, including an Ammit, Merlion, Cockatrice, Longma, Enfield, Wolpertinger, Ophiotaurus and Allocamelus are born, squalling and screaming.
The islands become known as the Monstrous Isles.)

Finally, in the dark and gloomy places that even the gods cannot see, was a furtive god called Uyyeh. From these shadowed places, Uyyeh watched the Peoples scuttling about the earth, looking strange and foreign and unnatural, and slowly, he reached out to prod at their soft minds.

(Success! Uyyeh has a direct line to several individuals scattered across the world, all Inquiring and Determined peoples.)

Uyyeh next tried to create an imprint of himself on the land, something that was a slight reflection of his essence to slink in the shadows of the earth… but the inner workings of soul and soil were strange to him, and from his tinkering beings of Light sprung forth instead! And light cannot help but strike at darkness, as these newly-formed beings now tore at Uyyeh...

(Backfired! Beings of pure, unfiltered Light are created, though strange beasts of Shadow seem to cling to them like slaves.
These beings of Light immediately pounce on Uyyeh, who is Killed, or so they believe.)

Volcanic ash still swaddled the skies and great ravines fractured the land, but as the dusk of the Third Day approached, the lava that exploded from the Centre of the World finally cooled and hardened into rock. Everything for miles around was dead, of course, so Khurol touched this blasted land with his staff, sending veins of greenery and leafage racing across the crusty ground.

(Success, the barren rock around the Volcano is seeded with Life.)

And of course, it was only as the last days of the Third Day crept past that the Seven-that-were-One were reunited.

Well, sort of. After his attempt to sunder the world, the divided god was scattered across the face of the earth, his mind and essence bound to seven separate bodies – Ca- in the Northlands, -Ra- near the Centre of the World, -Oh near a Monstrous Isle and the rest everywhere in between. Still, they began marching towards One destination – the Land beyond the Valley Divided – where they were prophesied to reunite into a single Living God.

Prophecies are as are fickle and changeable as the Seasons, however, as became clear when -La- was speared by Star Elves he happened across near an immense gorge called the Crack.

And as -Ka- was tortured and executed by Fire Ants (many of whom adhered to the Anti-God League) fleeing the Clockwork Crusade.

And as -Ma-, well, simply vanished. His thoughts were a hole in the minds of the other Six, with the only certainty being that he never landed anywhere. Anywhere on earth, at least.

And finally, as -Na- was captured by a warparty of Great Trees somewhere in the Great Wilder. Imprisoned as a plaything of the rabid Trees, he never even began the journey towards reunification.

Thus, almost a full Day later, only Ca- and -Ra- and -Oh found themselves in the Land-Beyond-the-Valley-Divided. It was long, and harrowing, and painful, with each division of the divided god suffering the very same pains and deaths that the other Six suffered, but those Three somehow survived the ordeal undamaged... well, almost.

(Three of the Seven reunite, but they gain Insane, having been driven mad by the torturous fates of the other Four.)

And with that, a thousand years after the gods sprouted from nothing, the Third Day comes to an end.

Days Remaining – 2

hashashash fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 11, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Vinny Possum posted:

(If the various pieces of the God of Division and Union die, each will be reborn in a mortal body, and attempt to return to Ca-La-Ka-Ma-Ra-Na, and pursue whatever agenda they (Arcanuse) desire. However, if reborn in this way, they will remember their mortal struggles and take them into consideration when they do god things)

Missed this till it was too late, but you get your points back so you can go for the same action again if you like

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Kata'an calls for a conference of any who wish to try and improve the state of the world.

(Via the unofficial discord - it's in a channel of the one for another of Hashim's games, if people haven't joined it yet: https://discord.gg/sMvSZw5 )

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Hashim posted:

The god of Rage wasn't one to go meekly, not even with his dying breath. In fact, it was with his dying breath, as Trees pinned him down and tore at his guts, that Kharnibolg bestowed his final gift on them – a hatred of all things un-Tree, a hatred of all things not-Forest, a hatred of all things Living.

(The Great Trees gain Rabid and Intolerant.
The Great Trees declare Forever War on Life.)
:sickos:

:moments:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Everybody present in the previous round, :siren:give yourself 35 godmana points:siren:

If I missed one of your actions, please point it out so I can give you your points back. As usual, failed actions aren't mentioned in the update.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Kata'an, god of Waves, Travel, and the Sky

Kata'an had stopped counting days at this point. They all ebbed and flowed together at this point, creating a churning ceaseless cacophony of violence.

The newly minted triaspected deity had agreed to collaborate with several of the other petty gods to try and fix the world, but right now it figured that the best way to do so was to exert authority in its own domain.

The skies are cleared of ash and will remain supernaturally clear of any form of pollution.

Godmana: 30 > 65 > 35

Get Out of My House: 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

So what you are saying is that i did absolutely nothing successful