Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Oh yeah, he's a true, massive video game dork. He's even starting to paint Warham models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah building a PC is like bare minimum gamer cred. it takes like an hour if you know what you're doing and it's easily 25% cheaper than buying some pre-built gaming rig

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

luxury handset posted:

yeah building a PC is like bare minimum gamer cred. it takes like an hour if you know what you're doing and it's easily 25% cheaper than buying some pre-built gaming rig

lol an hour? look at this scrub

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Building a PC is not some incredible feat, lmao. You just slot things into things and screw in some other things. If you can follow instructions for a Duplo set, you'll be fine.

Some say Paladinus is a killjoy, others say he is one who speaks harsh truths. Perhaps he is both.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

it was a pretty good video, but i think some wires in my brain got crossed because i was watching a man put a pc together but the barry white was sending signals to my brain to get horned up. cavill normally only gets me halfway there

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Putting it together physically isn't difficult, no. Picking out parts that work together and utilize the fullest extent of their individual capabilities (if you're picking them out yourself) is the only mildly difficult part.

And there are gotchas, like my motherboard disables two SATA slots if you've got a second NVME drive installed, and my monitor can only do 144mhz/gsync/HDR if you use a DisplayPort cable instead of HDMI. The motherboard also wants the ram installed in slots 2 and 4 if you only have two sticks installed. Things like that. None of it is hard, but it is RTFM.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 17, 2020

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Picking out and building a PC while on ADHD takes a good 90 hours.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cocaine Bear posted:

Picking out and building a PC while on ADHD takes a good 90 hours.

is it a fun 90h or a grind?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

yeah

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
When he realizes he had the cooler installed upside down he makes sure to clean & reapply the thermal paste; man knows what he's doing.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CABLE MANAGEMENT

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
THIs Is not what I want to find when I see a bunch of new posts in the blessed thread!!!!

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

The trick to picking out parts to build a PC is to go to SH/SC and tell the PC building thread what you want, and someone who loves doing this poo poo more than anything will get back to you in like 30 minutes with a build where everything is compatible and all the parts are on sale.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Isn't that just PC Part Picker?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Stolen from Funny Pictures thread

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Memento posted:

Isn't that just PC Part Picker?

Maybe??

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I ask because that website is specifically to design a PC build and will show you any compatibility issues and who has the best price for each part. You can also look at other people's builds and what they benchmark at and their use cases.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah I just ask the goon thread because there's something more homie to that.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Shut up and look at this gopro bug.
https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1283645045455892480?s=20

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Another post without an image in the image thread.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah I just ask the goon thread because there's something more homie to that.

Blessed statement. I usually ask goons even before googling. Goons rock at knowing a thing honestly.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I asked goons to help me pick parts for my computer about 3-4 years ago. Still works like a charm, never had a problem.

SamsCola
Jun 5, 2009
Pillbug

This is exactly from The Fifth Element. Love that movie. Love this bug.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Literally A Person posted:

Blessed statement. I usually ask goons even before googling. Goons rock at knowing a thing honestly.

I dunno, I've asked about things in the Excel and Windows threads and been told to gently caress off and Google it.

Maybe it's me!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Let's see these questions before we judge.

'What is Excel and can I use it to send e-mails to my grandson'

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

necroid posted:

2) turn on the water and let it splash your rear end

3) get some water + soap on your hand

4) give your filthy rear end and/or genitals a good thorough soapy rub, just like you'd do in the shower (unless you're an incel afraid of turning gay just by touching your taint)

Ok I’m late for bidet chat but people get all up in their rear end and junk with their hands when using a bidet after making GBS threads?

I got one of the bidet toilet seats for the end times and it’s great but I just spray and wipe. Didn’t realize I was supposed to be so hands on.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phlegmish posted:

Let's see these questions before we judge.

'What is Excel and can I use it to send e-mails to my grandson'

Nahh Excel is for sending text messages to your boyfriend when you've got a Dilemma

I honestly can't remember what the question was but thinking back to it it was definitely Fishmech who told me to google it so I really shouldn't be generalising goons based on that shithead.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I ask goons about all kinds of stupid poo poo. Hell, I've even asked goons to send me stupid poo poo.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
https://i.imgur.com/KBUflYS.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Memento posted:

I honestly can't remember what the question was but thinking back to it it was definitely Fishmech who told me to google it so I really shouldn't be generalising goons based on that shithead.

I had Fishmech tell me more than once that I was wrong and lying when I related a totally bland personal anecdote and it's almost a shame she's not here any more to tell me I'm lying about that.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I had Fishmech tell me more than once that I was wrong and lying when I related a totally bland personal anecdote and it's almost a shame she's not here any more to tell me I'm lying about that.

That's not true though. Why would you make up such a boring story about someone who can't even answer for themselves. What a lame way to try get glory.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Snowy posted:

Ok I’m late for bidet chat but people get all up in their rear end and junk with their hands when using a bidet after making GBS threads?

I got one of the bidet toilet seats for the end times and it’s great but I just spray and wipe. Didn’t realize I was supposed to be so hands on.

first of all, you need to wipe until your rear end is reasonably clean before you go clean yourself. if you're slathering a 50/50 mixture of poo poo and soap there's something wrong with the whole process

the whole purpose of a bidet is being able to clean your genitals and your rear end without taking a full shower and I suppose that when you shower you don't just spray yourself with water and call it a day?

for instance, when I didn't have a real, standalone bidet I just wiped then jumped into the shower to clean myself there while squatting

I don't know how much room there is with those toilet attachments but I assume they're meant just for splashing your butt, I can't picture myself shoving my hand down the toilet to clean my rear end while I'm seated on it

get a real beefy bidet, bitch

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Beachcomber posted:

Stolen from Funny Pictures thread

Extremely cursed; let the dog walk on a lead

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Probably not allowed on pubic transportation?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah, it seems very much like a workaround for the NY "only dogs in bags" on trains rule.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

smh if you dont transport your pubes in a fanny pack

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's almost certainly not and it's a bad idea to boot.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Clawtopsy posted:

NYC Subway Banned Dogs Unless They Fit In a Bag, So Owners Got Creative

The rules are clear when it comes to carrying animals on the New York City subway: “No person may bring any animal on or into any conveyance or facility unless enclosed in a container.” But the rules say nothing about the size of the animal, and as you can see from this picture, some people got really creative in order to avoid a fine.

https://www.sadanduseless.com/avoiding-the-fine/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
People go on and on about the spirit of the law but me I'm all about that letter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

People go on and on about the spirit of the law but me I'm all about that letter

I'm pretty sure the spirit of that law is that dogs shouldn't be able to easily escape and cause havoc. So if you can stuff your lab into a bag and carry it around, it should actually be allowed, as it's hardly different from just carrying a bag without a dog. People who cut holes in bags to let their dogs walk go against both the letter (the dog is not fully in the bag) and the spirit.