Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Sam Adams Octoberfest has begun rolling in our warehouse :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Good. Marzens are great and should be readily available for me to buy year-round.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Captain Duvel posted:

I fully expect to see Jubelale on shelves in August, right after last years batch finally sold out in July.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sirotan posted:

Good. Marzens are great and should be readily available for me to buy year-round.

I'm kinda agreeing

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Duvel posted:

wait is this a bad thing?

ill take some off your hands i mean....

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Sirotan posted:

:hmmyes:

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Good thing shlenkerla is found pretty much every where.

But this means pumpkin is near by

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Pumpkiiiinnngggg

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Warlock was always the better pumpkin beer from southern tier

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Sirotan posted:

:hmmyes:

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Sirotan posted:

say thank ya! this is the truth

highme
May 25, 2001

Currently enjoying a can of Jealous Butcher Side B from Ft George/Von Ebert. Side A is straight up German Pilsner, the B Side adds dry hopped with Simcoe and Citra. It’s a delightfully crisp Pilsner perfect for this time of year. It pairs well with these dabs of an unknown strain and hanging out in the backyard with my dogs on a warm summer night.

Still trying to figure out if I have to do work to find the Ft George/Great Notion IPA collab that’s due shortly or if it’ll show up at my local bougie grocer.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Drinking this, it's a great milk stout. The ring pull is cool as well! Can't help but feel this would be even better if it was nitro'd as it's really smooth as it is.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 16, 2020

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Opened the 'Gansett that Mahoning sent me and it was a solid cheap American lager.

But this 2013 BA'd Blackout Stout loving rules. Barrel is all gone but left a nice vanilla note and made it smooth as hell on the mouthfeel. Still getting that hoppy old school RIS with zero oxydation. If you told me it was a new bottle Vanilla Expedition I wouldn't second guess it. Awesome poo poo.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
And in contrast, this unknown year of Thirsty Dog Siberian Night tastes like Madrugada Obscura and I'm assuming it's not supposed to?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

danbanana posted:

And in contrast, this unknown year of Thirsty Dog Siberian Night tastes like Madrugada Obscura and I'm assuming it's not supposed to?

lol, probably not. i thought the rest of their lineup was pretty weak, but i really enjoyed that beer back when it showed up here.

that reminds me that i purchased a few random cans the other day, one of which was a hazy ipa from a NoVA brewery that had been canned exactly one month before i opened it, at which point i literally did laugh out loud because it was the most oxidized beer i think i have ever experienced. in fact, i'm tempted to buy another to test the DO numbers at work...

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

danbanana posted:

Yikes. That sucks. I think it was the same year. 2013.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

funkybottoms posted:

lol, probably not. i thought the rest of their lineup was pretty weak, but i really enjoyed that beer back when it showed up here.

that reminds me that i purchased a few random cans the other day, one of which was a hazy ipa from a NoVA brewery that had been canned exactly one month before i opened it, at which point i literally did laugh out loud because it was the most oxidized beer i think i have ever experienced. in fact, i'm tempted to buy another to test the DO numbers at work...

Crooked Run? I always felt like i got a weird cardboard taste from their IPAs

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I've blown through all the beer Mahoning sent. Solid lagers across the board, with the dry-hopped pils from Masthead being particularly good. But I just opened Oil of Aphrodite and I know why this was tradebait 10 years ago. This loving rules. Nutty and sweeter than most American RIS. But still really balanced by bitterness. A pretty perfect beer. Jackie O's is distro'd here but I haven't seen this yet. I'm not sure how often I'd buy this given the likely price point but it's worth the money.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Dell_Zincht posted:

Drinking this, it's a great milk stout. The ring pull is cool as well! Can't help but feel this would be even better if it was nitro'd as it's really smooth as it is.

Just had one of these last night on your recommend, its good! Though my king of supermarket stouts is still the Evil Twin Brewdog 'Roaster Coaster'

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Total Wine same day delivery is the poo poo. I didn't intend to buy so drat much Cigar City but they had a bunch of stuff I've never seen or tried before. The Margarita Gose is the only beer in the picture I've had before.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I like the margarita gose. It is very refreshing.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Spuckuk posted:

Just had one of these last night on your recommend, its good! Though my king of supermarket stouts is still the Evil Twin Brewdog 'Roaster Coaster'

Yeah I don't think any supermarket stout is going to be topping Roaster Coaster anytime soon. Like I said, if Big Milk Stout was nitro'd it could potentially come close, though.

One of my friends swears BrewDog's Jet Black Heart is better though, and he's had that nitro'd and said it was incredible. Tesco stopped selling bottled JBH ages ago, I did enjoy it at the time but I thought Zombie Cake was actually an improvement and Tesco still sell that.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 19, 2020

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran

Final Blog Entry posted:

Total Wine same day delivery is the poo poo. I didn't intend to buy so drat much Cigar City but they had a bunch of stuff I've never seen or tried before. The Margarita Gose is the only beer in the picture I've had before.

Wait, Cigar City is doing Spanish Cedar Jai Alai again? When I asked at the brewery a few years ago I thought they couldn't do it anymore due to spanish cedar being moved to the protected wood list? I have to track that down, their original Humidor IPA is still an all time top beer for me.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

I had never had the Spanish Cedar before, it's good. I was looking for the White Oak Jai Alai and found this instead. Canned 6/29/20. These came from Total Wine on Causeway in Brandon.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Final Blog Entry posted:

I had never had the Spanish Cedar before, it's good. I was looking for the White Oak Jai Alai and found this instead. Canned 6/29/20. These came from Total Wine on Causeway in Brandon.

I haven't seen White Oak in a long time, do they still make it?

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran

Spanish Manlove posted:

I haven't seen White Oak in a long time, do they still make it?

Seasonal, it pops up in the spring I think.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Same, but looks like there's a ton of very recent reviews of the white oak on untappd so I guess there must be some available now

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah I was delivering a keg to one of my accounts and he showed me he had just gotten a 1/6 bbl of White oak jai alai. So it must have just been released.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
On the lookout for Cedar Jai Alai. A local store still has white oak from last year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Having a 14th Star Maple Breakfast Stout and it's just so bland. Maybe it'll open up once it's warmed up a bit but thus far I just can't get much of a flavor profile from it other than a little typical stoat roastiness.

highme
May 25, 2001

Not much of a stout drinker, but I'm having the Black Is Beautiful from Little Beast. It's a chocolate/vanilla 10% abv magician that's making my face feel fuzzy. It's much better than the Henhouse Project Azoria Mexican Hot Chocolate stout I picked up last month.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I am gonna mow the gently caress out of my lawn.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Goddamn, this is one smooth-rear end WC triple.

e: maybe it’s just the phone, but drat did imgur wreck the quality of that pic.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

He went full hamms

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

would be interested in feedback on that pilsner (along with the canning date); i think i said this already, but i was kind of unhappy with the batch we made with yeast we loaned out.

also curious to know what you think of that Commonwealth, which wasn't quite what i was expecting.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I fuckin love Rocket Frog so much. I don't think I've had anything by them that wasn't at least extremely solid.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

KcDohl posted:

I fuckin love Rocket Frog so much. I don't think I've had anything by them that wasn't at least extremely solid.

I liked most of their IPAs and porters but their heavier BA stuff was just fine? It's been a while for me so maybe this has changed but I wasn't that impressed by their aging program, although Angry Alice is always a legitimately solid IPA choice.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Picked up a no-contact variety-pack haul from TreeHouse yesterday. Tornado pale ale is a very solid 5% crusher but the one Julius I had seemed off. Quite a bit of burn that I don’t remember being there before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Picked up a no-contact variety-pack haul from TreeHouse yesterday. Tornado pale ale is a very solid 5% crusher but the one Julius I had seemed off. Quite a bit of burn that I don’t remember being there before.

Please send some of the TreeHouse to the West Coast for me. Thanks.