Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Got some crazy upgrades last night:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

omg chael crash posted:

Trying to follow the action on my screen when my WW barb has a speed pylon actually gives me a headache

Have you checked out the GoD DH speed farming build? It's like being a rubber bouncy ball chucked down a hallway by a Major League Baseball pitcher. You just point in general direction and hope for the best until you hit something.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jul 16, 2020

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

McLarenF1 posted:

Have you checked out the GoD DH speed farming build? It's like being a rubber bouncy ball chucked down a hallway by a Major League Baseball pitcher. You just point in general direction and hope for the best until you hit something.

That's just for bounty/rift farming?

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

I just finished my Shadow's Mantle DH set and holy poo poo, it's disgusting how much my damage shot up. :getin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's a great feeling whenever you lightly toss a dagger in the air just to get your vault chain going and blow up an elite you never even saw.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

refleks posted:

That's just for bounty/rift farming?

Yup. It becomes necessary when you start one shoting everything in T16 since the usual GoD DH build can't sustain hatred then. I didn't get it set up till Paragon 900ish, but I could have used it much sooner. Now I can finish Nephalam rifts in 1-3 minutes. Haven't tried it with bounties yet, but I'm sure it'll help with those too.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Gem of Ease power leveling trip report (Switch):
Rank 25 Gem of Ease in Executioner, Sebor's, Envious, Squirt's in Cube, set difficulty to Torment 6, first kill puts you at level 7, next level 14, then 18, and you don't have to change the difficulty until like level 49, in 5 minutes.
At that point you'll need to craft gear of the highest equippable and turn the difficulty down to Torment 3 or lower as needed in order to keep the levels rolling smoothly.

Gem of Ease does just what it says on the tin. Excellent work, Blizzard.

I have noticed that kiting enemies way higher level than you is much more challenging on the Switch as well, incentivising decreasing the difficulty earlier and more often than on PC.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Equip an LOD gem to murder stuff harder.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

ooooooooooor get a power level and not have to level up a bunch of gems.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
playing on switch and all I can say is boy I really miss the precision of keyboard+mouse

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Been behind this season, just got my first 70GR solo...

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Kinda wish all the weapons that did unique attacks got a pass to be usable. They're honestly way cooler than increase skill by X00%.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

Been behind this season, just got my first 70GR solo...

This was also my free primal this season. It’s also the third primal fulminator I’ve seen between goons.

please knock Mom! posted:

playing on switch and all I can say is boy I really miss the precision of keyboard+mouse

I miss playercount on torment/activities just so I know where the people are playing at any given time

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

That's a decent follower weapon, but it doesn't really benefit from being primal.

Mixed it up with Thunderfury.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 16, 2020

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
My free primal this season was Leoric’s signet

Womp womp

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Free Primal was Homing Pads.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I decided to start with a Crusader because I always liked Invoker but after multiple seasons of DH Multishot/Dagger death spam it's just so SLOW.

I think I will make a Whirlrend since I already have a bunch of STR gear.

My first Primal was a horrendous pair of Firewalkers.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Restraint. Later I got a blackthorne belt!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Primal scroundel token for my level 70 next was vallas bequest. Running demon hunter this season too

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I forget what my pity primal was, but I got a Mortick's Brace for my second one and boy was my barb happy as hell.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Zenithe posted:

Restraint. Later I got a blackthorne belt!

Restraint is good

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm around 35 or so, grinding a DH for the season. Sentries and chilled rapid fire are my bread and butter. Anything I should be looking for?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Waffle! posted:

I'm around 35 or so, grinding a DH for the season. Sentries and chilled rapid fire are my bread and butter. Anything I should be looking for?

A powerlevel :lol:

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Waffle! posted:

Edit: Fixed img size issue

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 17, 2020

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is the answer a microscope.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Here let me enlarge that for you

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Ah yes of course :hmmyes:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Vic posted:

Here let me enlarge that for you

:allears:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm leapquaking on switch and so peeved at the game's target lock just not working

Why yes I'd love to jump away from the guardian I'm clowning on, thanks game

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Kheldarn posted:

Use it on a monk LOD build

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lost power while on my Demon Hunter in a Torment VI Neph Rift with 2pc Shadow Mantle.

Place your bets then mouse over the spoiler tag -

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

F

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Tubgoat posted:

Gem of Ease power leveling trip report (Switch):
Rank 25 Gem of Ease in Executioner, Sebor's, Envious, Squirt's in Cube, set difficulty to Torment 6, first kill puts you at level 7, next level 14, then 18, and you don't have to change the difficulty until like level 49, in 5 minutes.
At that point you'll need to craft gear of the highest equippable and turn the difficulty down to Torment 3 or lower as needed in order to keep the levels rolling smoothly.

Gem of Ease does just what it says on the tin. Excellent work, Blizzard.

I have noticed that kiting enemies way higher level than you is much more challenging on the Switch as well, incentivising decreasing the difficulty earlier and more often than on PC.

the thorns gem is also p. good if you're powerleveling yourself. You can equip a hellfire amulet for your class at level 1 and it always has a socket.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Cleared 113 which makes me in the top 20 in the solo doctor leaderboards, think I might leave it there for the season.

Mundunugu set is very strong and fun, highly recommended.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Keep trying to get a better Flavor of Time and failing and it's destroying my life.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

What method are you using? Reroll with bounty materials, gambling with Kadala, or just looking for a drop?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Reforging the Flavor of Time is an exercise in futility. Guaranteed movespeed, guaranteed CDR, nothing else is certain. And satan help you if you need an ancient roll on top of that.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lol, just lol if every item isn't ancient.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Don't forget to upgrade yellow amulets at kadala, since you'll have plenty of materials after farming up 1k+ bounty mats and not having a good enough flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Last week I cleared GR100 for the first time (ever) but the guy I did it with another guy doing more dmg. I'm running a PoJ monk and it's good for tanking but my damage is sooo bad.

https://www.d3planner.com/644095269

I could swap the travelers set for something better (especially for dmg) like a good ancient hellfire amulet + wyrdward. Could replace cyclone strike with desert shroud epiphany since I already have wyrdward for stun procs so the cyclone freeze is redundant, but I don't need the tankiness from epiphany so much. I could also get rid of Kyoshiro's on my kanai but I'm just not willing to give up that quality of life, stone gauntlets is I guess recommended but again I'm actually pretty tanky.