Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Mines not that big, but I have other ships like the cruiser on the same map as me for deconstruction (You can take over ships after boarding them and put the entire enemy ship on your map.) Either way you probably have some tick unfriendly mod running, or something else might be screwey.

Also the reactors can get their cooling via the heat network they don't need to be in a super chilled room, just keep things compartmentalized or you're spending a lot of power when you're not fighting cooling down the heatsink rooms because the reactors are constantly dumping heat into the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Googling finds that around 70x70 people have had severe lag with ships. Not sure which mod could be the problem. Here's my mod list anyway.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Okay tossing out all small weapons and going with spine weapons seem to help a lot. I mounted 2 capital lasers and 2 capital railguns and then built my ship to support them.

Rails took out the shields in 1 volley and then the 2 lasers fired 1 beam each and they cut like this.

I can still fly her dammit!

Katt fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 15, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:yikes:

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 16, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

oh cool an inspector spacetime family tree

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What kills me is that person is fine with loving their mother who is also their daughter as well as their grandmother, but god why did they have to be women?!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Also my god Z levels is amazing. I can finally compartmentalize my bases. A basement fridge to hold all my food! I can build apartment complexes! A second floor to hold all my trading goods poo poo, complete with a "helipad" for dropped goods to arrive in!

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Holy poo poo is it out now? How many Z levels does it support? Does pathing work ok?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

What ... what happens when there's a full moon? :ohdear:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Rimcities is a cool mod.

Rimcities "defend the city" missions though are some real impossible bullshit. Five waves of dozens of dudes, explosives flying everywhere, and if you accidentally damage more than a token amount of the city it instantly turns hostile.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 16, 2020

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Leal posted:

What kills me is that person is fine with loving their mother who is also their daughter as well as their grandmother, but god why did they have to be women?!

I'm putting way more thought into this than I should be, by my assumption there is that some seriously hosed up abuse/grooming/glittertech bullshit that caused this situation and they have a bit of a complex about it for a relatively understandable reason.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Fun side effect I hadn't anticipated with Minify Everything. When raiders go into "steal what they can and leave" mode, that can end with them grabbing half your ship engines and running if you aren't paying attention.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Is Z levels going to break my stuff 30 in game years down the line? It feels like a very "deep" mod.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I forgot I had this guy until this happened

I sent him to a mechanoid cluster

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
On a technical level I admire the multiple Z-levels mod.

As a gamer, I will never, ever use it because it bends the balancing over backwards and limits me from seeing my entire base at a glance.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Pharnakes posted:

Holy poo poo is it out now? How many Z levels does it support? Does pathing work ok?

Pawns can properly go between z levels to do jobs, however the way it works is that each z level acts like a new "base" and selecting a pawn on a different level will bring you to that level. So its a pain if you got a pawn on a different level and want to make them do a specific thing on another level as changing levels will deselect the pawn. You'll have to manually tell them to use the ladder to move z levels before being able to select them to manually do something. Also this means you can't reinstall stuff between z levels as it'll deselect the item when you change z levels.

I've discovered something that I wonder if the mod author was aware of, going underground is a bit OP cause it'll spawn a handful of steam geysers and an underground river. Easy geothermal and watermill power.

E: Also since everything between z levels is not considered the same base, this means you'll get spammed with stuff like "need food source"

Aaand bug found. Building a power post between z levels will cancel out other power posts

Leal fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 16, 2020

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Leal posted:

E: Also since everything between z levels is not considered the same base, this means you'll get spammed with stuff like "need food source"

Ooh this reminded me of something I hate: is there a mod that changes the threshold for stuff like "starvation" and "mild break" because I'm getting sick of getting the Starvation ping for someone who is literally already eating, or Mild Break for one of my stoners whose only issue is that they haven't burned one in slightly too long but they are on the way to do that right now?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I hate getting starvation because someone went to bed 1 second before they got hungry.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Being in a relationship gives a really big boost, doesn't it? This is like the first colony I've had where a couple, well first a couple happened in the first place, and that they actually managed to stay a couple for more then a day. And hoo boy these two, they're loving twice a night. Its like a permanent +22 mood.

Its just so rare cause there is no one more caustic then rimworld colonists, these people are just colossal pricks to one another.

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 16, 2020

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah the sex thought is why i tend to consider Pretty/Beautiful a generally top tier skill. people with a high opinion of their mates are more likely to gently caress, and pretty/beautiful gives huge opinion bonuses. consequently, beautiful people tend to have tons of sex and are happier on average. it's even better than sanguine.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Leal posted:

Being in a relationship gives a really big boost, doesn't it? This is like the first colony I've had where a couple, well first a couple happened in the first place, and that they actually managed to stay a couple for more then a day. And hoo boy these two, they're loving twice a night. Its like a permanent +22 mood.

Its just so rare cause there is no one more caustic then rimworld colonists, these people are just colossal pricks to one another.

The flip side of that is when half of the couple dies, the widow/er gets a triple whammy of "my friend ______ died," "my [spouse] ______ died," "a fellow colonist died," and if they actually saw it happen then they also get "witnessed ally death."

This just happened to one guy in my colony who was near-fatally injured in the same incident, who then came down with muscle parasites, during a negative male psychic drone, and who also has such a severe weed addiction it took three consecutive Administer Smokeleaf Joints to get him stoned. gently caress. In retrospect I should have just anesthetized him for a week.

edit- just remembered he ALSO has Pessimist. If he didn't have the second-highest medical skill in the colony I'd have just let him die.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 16, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A bunch of Beautiful Lesbian Cannibals that lure in raiders with piles of wealth like sirens only to devour their still warm corpses makes for an incredibly powerful colony.

Only in rimworld :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sex Hobbit posted:

Ooh this reminded me of something I hate: is there a mod that changes the threshold for stuff like "starvation" and "mild break" because I'm getting sick of getting the Starvation ping for someone who is literally already eating, or Mild Break for one of my stoners whose only issue is that they haven't burned one in slightly too long but they are on the way to do that right now?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2068523117&searchtext=starvation

quote:

A very simple mod that changes how the "Malnutrition"-Hediff works.

Malnutrition now takes three times as long to reach maximum severity, but give ever stronger debuffs. Rather than just dying a quick death they slowly detoriate, suffering a slow, uncertain death... but maybe you want to keep the prisoners malnutritioned so their escape becomes very unlikely.

It also changes how the unconsciousness of malnutritioned pawns work, instead of falling unconscious upon reaching Extreme Malnutrition they now need gradually more rest. A pawn with Minor Malnutrition now needs 1.5 times as much rest as a regular pawn, a pawn with Extreme Malnutrition needs 6 times as much rest.

At Trivial Malnutrition, the pawn has trouble performing difficult tasks: researching and mining. They also become more suspectible to infections, slowing immunity gain speed.

At Minor Malnutrition, these tasks become even harder. They also start to become weaker at combat, getting knocked out sooner.

At Moderate Malnutrition, pawns become dizzy, slowing them down even at less demanding work.

At Severe Malnutrition, pawns will start falling unconscious from exhaustion much more often.

At Extreme Malnutrition, pawns have become even slower and weaker and they will fall unconscious frequently. At this point they might die randomly at any point, but might survive up to three days.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Leal posted:

I've been very lucky with colonist relationships somehow.

In my first colony that survived to leave in a spaceship, I managed to get enough of a gender split that I ended up with almost everyone paired up by the end. Early on I was building new bedrooms with double beds in anticipation of this and it worked out well.

In my Royalty/rich tourist colony I have only two couples for 10 colonists and I was wondering why until I realized that I had managed to recruit 8 men and 2 women. The two women were my starting colonist and the slave she purchased when a caravan wandered by only a few days in (who were kind enough to not just kidnap and enslave her, guess the charge rifle looked mean enough.) The relationships formed nearly as soon as I had men - the former slave married the first guy I captured and convinced, while the starting colonist married the guy she hiked over to rescue after getting a distress call.

The former seemed to be because the warden and prisoner build up a rapport during the recruiting process, and the latter because a rescuee has a big opinion buff toward the rescuer.

And yeah, the mood boost from a colonist being in a healthy relationship is so good that I stuffed a Psychic Harmonizer implant in my starting colonist because she's constantly at maximum mood.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Leal posted:

Yeah I have a colony with 3 relationships, people are constantly just super happy

But one relationship got divorced and that's a huge permanent malus, which sucks

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

But one relationship got divorced and that's a huge permanent malus, which sucks

Not permanent, just takes ages to decay. About a year after their divorce, you'll start seeing their hatred towards each other lessen, and I think it's gone by two years?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
I love this game for this incredibly :allears: assumption that every relationship ending is a multi year long ordeal regardless of any other factors

Tynan, who hurt you?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Remember that originally the only options were gay and straight men, and bi and lesbian women. Everything maximised to enforce incel myth to the most ridiculous levels.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

What ... what happens when there's a full moon? :ohdear:

Werewolves.

No actually, there's a werewolf mod.

Re: relationships I think they kind of need to be that big of a thing for them to justify existing in the first place, gameplay wise. The game is designed around a small number of people you micromanage quite heavily, so everyone having the emotional maturity of a reality TV show makes a lot of sense in that it gives you a real incentive to engage with that part of the game, if everything kind of took care of itself I think you'd probably just ignore it entirely.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Familial deaths: Weakest are cousins at -4 mood, with spouse/children being -20, all lasting 30 days. Add 7 if they witnessed it.

Being cheated on is -20 and lasts 25 days. Being divorced is also worth -20, and lasts 30. Divorcing someone is equal to just killing them

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Leal posted:

Divorcing someone is equal to just killing them

Hello thread title.

Also worth noting, they have overlap where a dead wife brings a dead wife modifier AND a dead friend modifier. So that guy that posted the mother/wife/daughter pawn would probably be causing massive, massive problems if they died.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Between Psychology, Rumor Has it, and uhhh probably one other relationship changing mod I don't even know what Vanilla relationships are anymore.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The spaceship mod looks like it's taking a massive dump on the royalty DLC in that you can't do quests or much of anything royalty related in and around space. All the while adding something like 30 times as much content for free.

I read somewhere that Ludeon were pretty aggressive against the mod makers for including things related to the DLC so I guess now you just don't need the DLC at all to enjoy most of the game. Good on ya Ludeon.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

So I took an enemy ship with 4 marines. I then discovered that the enemy had a 20 something man strike force in the shuttle bay, Trapped in their shuttles that could not be launched because I controlled the ship (also they were poorly fuelled)

So I dismantled the empty shuttles and used the fuel to top up the manned ones. Then I was going to launch them into a death trap. But instead they automatically went straight into my shuttle bay.

They didn't attack the ship though. Instead they began to melee attack the shuttles themselves. Which kept them busy long enough for me to gather up the crew and machinegun them.

Since I run a cannibal ship it was a good haul :toot:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That's... kind of horrifying.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Somehow just installing either questionable ethics or expanded organs redux caused one of my pawn's completely normal legs to just disappear.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

HelloSailorSign posted:

Between Psychology, Rumor Has it, and uhhh probably one other relationship changing mod I don't even know what Vanilla relationships are anymore.

That reminds me, is psychology the mod that sometimes changes colonist traits during the game, or is that a different one?

Because it's cool as hell and adds an extra dimension to the gameplay, but I'm also playing with Rimworld of Magic and one of my pawns suddenly losing the Druid trait sucked. Thank god for dev mode, and luckily she didn't lose any abilities or experience.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Somehow just installing either questionable ethics or expanded organs redux caused one of my pawn's completely normal legs to just disappear.

Yeah had that happend to me, started a new game onces and the pawns moved one tile and then went "hrmmm I dont have legs" and went prone.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bionics/organ mods are one of those things that are bad to install mid save since they often change what body parts a pawn has and hilarity ensues when existing pawns are suddenly missing limbs or vital organs or whatever yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Nothing like having one Primarch level dude wiping a VOID raid and then autopsying them for their sweet sweet VOIDTECH organs and implants.

These of course go straight into the resident Spinosaurus.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 18, 2020