Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Games with gold is now offering Dunk Lords a “a two-on-two basketball beat 'em up” as well as Juju, a platformer that doesn’t look too impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
take it to the streets boys and girls

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Japan better be one of these xCloud countries.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Barudak posted:

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Japans still insulted by the last "cloud" product ms tried to sell them with a poor taste logo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also goodbye forever Kinect games, Ill miss 3(?) of you.

Real hurthling! posted:

Japans still insulted by the last "cloud" product ms tried to sell them with a poor taste logo

I feel like I should know this story but I don't

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I got all the achievements in Neverwinter Nights today. Turns out that I'm only the second person on TrueAchievements to complete the game. It's a weird feeling.

Barudak posted:

Also goodbye forever Kinect games, Ill miss 3(?) of you.

The Dance Central games are good, and I liked playing D4 with Kinect controls.

So there's at least five.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arguing about financial decisions isnt interesting to me low effort cheap trash with mtx can make good margins just like high effort prestige titles that sell consoles....its just that one of these strategies is more fun as a player and happening on both of xbox's rival's machines

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Zerot posted:

I got all the achievements in Neverwinter Nights today. Turns out that I'm only the second person on TrueAchievements to complete the game. It's a weird feeling.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zerot posted:

The Dance Central games are good, and I liked playing D4 with Kinect controls.

So there's at least five.

Dance Central, D4, Fruit Ninja, that game I can never remember the name of where your body reveals the second layer of the screen and is a puzzle game, that survival horror game I can't remember the name of either, Kinect Adventures, Zumba World Dance Party, and now Im out.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Barudak posted:

Dance Central, D4, Fruit Ninja, that game I can never remember the name of where your body reveals the second layer of the screen and is a puzzle game, that survival horror game I can't remember the name of either, Kinect Adventures, Zumba World Dance Party, and now Im out.

Child of Eden was pretty fun with kinect controls but what it really needed was a VR port.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Child of Eden is a not very good spiritual sequel to Rez and even the devs knew it controlled better with controller since the aiming reticule was massively smaller and score requirements way higher.

The fact that you had to complete score challenges to unlock more of the game instantly killed my interest.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The Xbox is having enough issues without pissy slapfights, take it down a notch please.

Do not make a minecraft joke about 'notch.' I won't do anything about it I'll just be disappointed.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
spending $2.5 billion on Minecraft is about as good a long-term plan as buying commercial quantities of self-serve candy when you're the only one who is ever in your house

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I actually think Stux and Hambeet are owned by the same person, who’s having a slightly comical argument with themselves for funsies I guess.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Real hurthling! posted:

This is a extremely good review but i think pirates curse is unquestionably the best and hgh is probably better in the second spot than 7s just because the loading makes me hate life.

Also dont forget that the big elemental attack dances in 7s are very poorly designed around being very op and super tedious

- The big elemental dances are OP but to be fair it's the first time they've done it in the series. It will likely be balanced in future versions.

- To me, HGH is the worst. But I do feel it will be viewed better in the future as a big reason why people were disappointed in it is that they wanted a full scale Metroidvania Shantae with HD graphics and what we got instead was a linear platformer. It's still a great game on it's own merits.

- Pirate's Curse is the best one because how great of a package is. I also love how they didn't ignore the lore that Shantae lost her genie powers and made at least one game reflecting how that will effect her.

- Risky's Revenge will always be the red headed step child to me. Partly because it was originally released on DSiWare (seriously...what!?) and I'm unsure how to feel about it's "layered" map design where there are different Z-axis to jump through. Which is weird because it's what made the series into well a series.

Personally I feel that Seven Sirens is getting a bit too much hate, but again that's just me. It does feel weird playing it because like Risky's Revenge it's just odd knowing that it came from Apple Arcade. Or maybe I'm just a weirdo?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

spending $2.5 billion on Minecraft is about as good a long-term plan as buying commercial quantities of self-serve candy when you're the only one who is ever in your house

This would make sense if Minecraft didn't become the most popular game in video game history.

Rare is the purchase that I still don't get why people insist was a great buy for the company.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I really enjoyed Pirate's Curse (my first and only Shantae game) until I got to the final dungeon and it was all really difficult and kinda janky instakill platforming. That was pretty lame and really killed my desire to replay the game to unlock all the nudie pictures.

The combat was also pretty lacking for a game of that style. Graphics and overall level design were too notch though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

This would make sense if Minecraft didn't become the most popular game in video game history.

Rare is the purchase that I still don't get why people insist was a great buy for the company.

Rare was not a very good buy until Sea of Thieves, even if it produced some real good games prior.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Barudak posted:

Rare was not a very good buy until Sea of Thieves, even if it produced some real good games prior.

Not sure how successful Sea of Thieves is but with the amount of money Microsoft spent on Rare at the time they could have bought multiple studios that could have made Sea of Thieves (if that makes sense).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im skeptical that rare has made them back anywhere near the 400 million they spent in early 2000's dollars

punk rebel ecks posted:

- The big elemental dances are OP but to be fair it's the first time they've done it in the series. It will likely be balanced in future versions.

- To me, HGH is the worst. But I do feel it will be viewed better in the future as a big reason why people were disappointed in it is that they wanted a full scale Metroidvania Shantae with HD graphics and what we got instead was a linear platformer. It's still a great game on it's own merits.

- Pirate's Curse is the best one because how great of a package is. I also love how they didn't ignore the lore that Shantae lost her genie powers and made at least one game reflecting how that will effect her.

- Risky's Revenge will always be the red headed step child to me. Partly because it was originally released on DSiWare (seriously...what!?) and I'm unsure how to feel about it's "layered" map design where there are different Z-axis to jump through. Which is weird because it's what made the series into well a series.

Personally I feel that Seven Sirens is getting a bit too much hate, but again that's just me. It does feel weird playing it because like Risky's Revenge it's just odd knowing that it came from Apple Arcade. Or maybe I'm just a weirdo?

These are also great shantae points. I also love rr but its too archaic for me to recommend or want to replay now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Im skeptical that rare has made them back anywhere near the 400 million they spent in early 2000's dollars

I think thats very fair, and where I'm at. The produced some great games that didn't sell, some bad games that didn't sell, then got sent to Kinect Prison island. Even though I think Sea of Thieves has been a huge success (funnily enough probably microsofts best new IP this gen) I highly doubt it covers the 400 million investment+the time Rare's doors have been open on other projects.

Everwild might be cool, we'll find out next week at least.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Barudak posted:

funnily enough probably microsofts best new IP this gen
jesus christ that's dire

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

jesus christ that's dire

It has not been a good 7 years for microsoft 1st party, no

Oh wait Ori was this gen, so uh, yeah that too.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Moon isn't a Microsoft studio, they just had a timed exclusivity deal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

Moon isn't a Microsoft studio, they just had a timed exclusivity deal.

For some reason I thought Microsoft owned the IP despite knowing they were the publisher and moon was an independent developer but laffo, even worse than I thought.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

jesus christ that's dire

Microsoft easily has the worst first party of any successful console manufacturer. It's also why I am VERY skeptical of how their future new studios will perform.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

punk rebel ecks posted:

I think someone (at MS) actually thought they could get the donkey Kong IP if they bought rare.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is there a copy of GTA 5 in Minecraft

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

I actually think Stux and Hambeet are owned by the same person, who’s having a slightly comical argument with themselves for funsies I guess.

i don't know what i've ever done to offend you, but this goes beyond the pale.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

American McGay posted:

Y'all should post less and play more.

Don't let them know which console you're against or which you're for.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Ineffiable posted:

I think someone (at MS) actually thought they could get the donkey Kong IP if they bought rare.

This gonna have me laughing all day long.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

hambeet posted:

i don't know what i've ever done to offend you, but this goes beyond the pale.

Ok whatever you say Stux.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I hear the XBX is stopping production.

Does the new xbox that's coming up have backwards compatibility with 360 games? because I have a few games I never got around to playing that are still 360 only and I was hoping to play them :negative:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I hear the XBX is stopping production.

Does the new xbox that's coming up have backwards compatibility with 360 games? because I have a few games I never got around to playing that are still 360 only and I was hoping to play them :negative:

I believe the idea is that the new box will support everything that the Xbone does, excluding Kinect support. Supported backward-compatible games on Xbone here.

Zat fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 17, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

ive bnever been owned

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Is there a copy of GTA 5 in Minecraft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think minecraft gets overtaken in overall popularity when you add in f2p games

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Fortnite is about 80m active players a month, Minecraft is 125m. Not sure about PUBG because it's PUBG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Being that popular and not figuring out how to make any money basically means that Minecraft is the Twitter of videogames and that sounds about right.