Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
starting to just get bored by the everything is a cake fad. i think it's been established at this point that literally any object can be made in to a cake and it's just not interesting anymore

e: here have this

AARD VARKMAN has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Jul 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Veronica Vaughn is a fine piece of assssss.

I know from experience.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Man alive!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Paging "yeah, i eat rear end" to this thread

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wonder how Cake Wrecks is dealing with all this poo poo

(If they still exist)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Oh god is this... is this what people meant by... eating...

oh god I've made a mistake

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Code Jockey posted:

Eat the cookie and the cake

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Code Jockey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enBu4NFyRr0

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1283861029592670209?s=20

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

turbo "empty fridge" sandwich vibes.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Data Graham posted:

(If they still exist)
They haven't touched on it at all, surprisingly!

(Yes, it's me: I'm the one with Cake Wrecks in my RSS feed)
(and the one who still uses RSS :negative:)

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Welp, 2019 meets 2020

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Randaconda posted:

stuffed tripe

Is it? I though it was those geoducks.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
https://youtu.be/1rzFjHXknyE

Incredible

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

(If they still exist)

My cake is a highly elaborate and finely crafted facsimilie of a lovely cake.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

OwlFancier posted:

Why bother with a cooking show why not just have a battle royale?

I demand more seasons of Cutthroat kitchen

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I can't believe they have the audacity to sell "Heinz Creamz" and it's just a bottle of the sauce, a plastic container, and an ice cream scoop/spoon with a recipe to make gross rear end ice cream yourself.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Whooping Crabs posted:

I can't believe they have the audacity to sell "Heinz Creamz" and it's just a bottle of the sauce, a plastic container, and an ice cream scoop/spoon with a recipe to make gross rear end ice cream yourself.

And they loving severely overcharged for it at that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I saw the link of the last time I posted this ITT is broken so here it is again!

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
This probably got posted a while back. If so, here it is again. Robert Pattinson making pasta.

https://www.gq.com/story/robert-pattinson-on-batman-tenet-isolation-june-cover

quote:

Last year, he says, he had a business idea. What if, he said to himself, “pasta really had the same kind of fast-food credentials as burgers and pizzas? I was trying to figure out how to capitalize in this area of the market, and I was trying to think: How do you make a pasta which you can hold in your hand?”

He says he went so far as to design a prototype that involved the use of a panini press, and then, he says, he went even further, setting up a meeting with Los Angeles restaurant royalty Lele Massimini, the cofounder of Sugarfish and the Santa Monica pasta restaurant Uovo. “And I told him my business plan,” Pattinson recalls, “and his facial expression didn’t even change afterwards. Let alone acknowledge what my plan was. There was absolutely no sign of anything from him, literally. And so it kind of put me off a little bit.” (Massimini says: “It’s 100 percent true, everything he told you.”)

Nevertheless, Pattinson says, he conceived of a brand name for his product, a soft little moniker that kind of summed up what he thought his pasta creation looked like: Piccolini Cuscino. Little Pillow. He thought he’d give the product another go, with me now: “Maybe if I say it in GQ, maybe, like, a partner will just come along.”

So he now takes hold of the bag that he’s brought from the corner store, out of which he produces the following:

One (1) giant, filthy, dust-covered box of cornflakes. (“I went to the shop, and they didn’t sell breadcrumbs. I’m like, ‘Oh, gently caress it! I’m just getting cornflakes. That’s basically the same poo poo.’ ”)

One (1) incredibly large novelty lighter. (“I always liked the idea of doing a little flambé, like the brand name, with kind of burnt ends at the top.”)

Nine (9) packs of presliced cheese. (“I got, like, nine packs of presliced cheese.”)

Sauce. (Like a tomato sauce? “Just any sauce.”)

He puts on latex gloves. He pulls out some sugar and some aluminum foil and makes a bed, a kind of hollowed-out sphere, with the foil. He holds up a box of penne pasta that he had in the house. “All right,” Pattinson says. “So obviously, first things first, you gotta microwave the pasta.”

I watch as he pours dry penne into a cereal bowl, covers it with water, and places it in the microwave for eight minutes. He says using penne is already new territory for him. Usually he uses…well… “Do you know the pasta that’s, like, a little, it’s like a blob, a sort of squiggly blob?”

“Gnocchi?”

“No, no, no, no, it looks like—what would you even call it? It looks like a sort of messy…like, the hair bun on a girl.”

“I have literally no idea what you’re talking about,” I say.

“There was one type of pasta that worked. It definitely wasn’t penne.”

Nevertheless, penne and water in the microwave for eight minutes. In the meantime, he takes the foil and he begins dumping sugar on top of it. “I found after a lot of experimentation that you really need to congeal everything in an enormous amount of sugar and cheese.” So after the sugar, he opens his first package of cheese and begins layering slice after slice onto the sugar-foil. Then more sugar: “It really needs a sugar crust.”

Then he realizes that he’s forgotten the outer layer, which is supposed to be breadcrumbs but today will be crushed-up cornflakes, and so he lifts the pile of cheese and sugar and crumbles some cornflakes onto the aluminum foil before placing the sugar-cheese back on top of it. Then he adds sauce, which is red. The microwave dings, and Pattinson promptly burns himself on the bowl of pasta. He sighs, heavily, looking at it. “No idea if it’s cooked or not.” He dumps the pasta in anyway. At this point, his spirits have visibly begun to flag. “I mean, there’s absolutely no chance this is gonna work. Absolutely none.”

The little pillow now mostly built, he pours more sugar on top of it and then produces the top half of a bun, which he hollows out, places it on top of the rest of whatever the hell this thing is, and…begins burning the top of the bun with the giant novelty lighter. “I’m just gonna do the initials.…”

“You look like you’re cooking meth,” I say, because he does.

“I’m really trying to sell this company. I’m doing this for my brand.”

At this point, he accidentally ignites one of his latex gloves, which promptly melts onto his palm. He yells in pain. Then he gingerly holds up the finished product: some approximation of a P, followed by a C, for Piccolini Cuscino, burned into the top of a hamburger bun.

He starts wrapping the whole thing up with more aluminum foil, and then compacts it, and then wraps it some more, and then squeezes it again. Suddenly he stops: “Can you actually put foil in an oven?”

I say yes, you can, but what you absolutely cannot do is put foil in a microwave. And he says cool, cool, and then he goes looking for his oven, which he’s never used before, and this is a nice house, so there are multiple options, and the one he settles on, well: It looks like another microwave to me. He assures me it is not.

“I reckon probably…10 minutes?”

He puts the aluminum sphere, the little pillow, into what he thinks is an oven and I think is a microwave. He attempts to turn it on. “I actually knew how to do this before,” he tells me. “I literally did this yesterday. And now it’s just impossible. It’s going to look like I can’t cook at all.”

He fumbles at some more buttons. “Oh, oh, oh,” he says, excitedly now. “A thousand watts, there you go.”

Proudly he is walking back toward the counter that his phone is on when, behind him, a lightning bolt erupts from the oven/microwave, and Pattinson ducks like someone outside has opened fire. He’s giggling and crouching as the oven throws off stray flickers of light and sound.

“The loving electricity…oh, my God,” he says, still on the floor. And then, with a loud, final bang, the oven/microwave goes dark.

In the silence, Pattinson and I both stare at the mysterious piece of machinery built into the wall behind him.

“Yeah, I think I have to leave that alone,” he says, sighing again, picking himself off the floor. “But that is a Piccolini Cuscino.”

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

why

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The lad's dumber than a bag of hammers, he just got rich doing a terrible movie he hated.

He's apparently a decent enough actor if you let him do something good, and a decent enough person to boot, just useless at everything.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/ftSPYKE.mp4

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I've eaten those. Well, different brand, but same thing.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maybe

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Nah, desert pizza is uniformly garbage, not even pineapple can save it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Iron Crowned posted:

Nah, desert pizza is uniformly garbage, not even pineapple can save it.

Desert pizza is just too drat dry for my liking.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

When you're broke and hungry enough to eat CiCi's pizza buffet, the dessert pizza lets your brain know that it's time to go.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Joeslop posted:

When you're broke and hungry enough to eat CiCi's pizza buffet, the dessert pizza lets your brain know that it's time to go.

This is a sad sentence and it's also sad that I completely understand and relate to it

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Why has this perfectly normal and delicious looking pie ticked the Randaconda nope box?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Helith posted:

Why has this perfectly normal and delicious looking pie ticked the Randaconda nope box?

I can't tell if you are being serious or not

I have no idea what the gently caress that thing is

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

OwlFancier posted:

The lad's dumber than a bag of hammers, he just got rich doing a terrible movie he hated.

He's apparently a decent enough actor if you let him do something good, and a decent enough person to boot, just useless at everything.

I never make it through that whole article but I can say, having watched Pattinson and Dafoe in The Lighthouse, that Pattinson is a pretty decent actor. That movie was ten kinds of hosed up tho.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Bloop posted:

It's a meat pie.

I want to crawl inside it and eat my way out tbh.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

It's a meat pie.

I want to crawl inside it and eat my way out tbh.

It just looks like a pile of steaks and a very small egg inside a loaf of bread

Not bad exactly, just :wtf:

I realize this is just my regional ignorance (my region being Not The UK)

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

The Bloop posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8tj1uy1Gk

7:20 for the pigeon feet garnishes.

"There. And as it's a pigeon pie, I should just add some feet." - Mrs. Crocombe at Audley End House

Edward IV has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Jul 17, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's pigeon pie, with the loving feet sticking out

yet i'm the weirdo

never question my posts

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
As a rule I firmly believe we need to leave the inedible identifiable body parts attached more often to remind people that their food was once a living animal.

Besides gnawing on poultry feet is also a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Randaconda posted:

it's pigeon pie, with the loving feet sticking out

yet i'm the weirdo

never question my posts

Jesus christ i didnt see the feet

Definitely deserves to be here