Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LackingSaint/status/1283661550574874625

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Did Will actually think the kid at the end of starship troopers was a real soldier

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

pretty sure will knows it is a movie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zegermans posted:

Did Will actually think the kid at the end of starship troopers was a real soldier

it's just a movie. he's an actor, will

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Michelle do a crossover ep with Trueanon

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

michelle go on ballin out super

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Thank you for clearly signposting what the twitter thread is about so i know not to click through and read.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Hooplah posted:

Thank you for clearly signposting what the twitter thread is about so i know not to click through and read.

You're honestly kinda stupid if you didn't see it coming that it's a joke and the next tweet is "lol jk idk who that is"

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

:cheerdoge:
confirmed dumb as hell

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol rip

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

still the worst thread in cspam

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Hooplah posted:

still the worst thread in cspam

someone put subtitles of the kid saying turmp or something and post this to the trump thread for me

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

zegermans posted:

It's also not at the end.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

zegermans posted:

there are teen reinforcements that rico talks to toward the end that i think will is referring to, not the propaganda video

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Have Felix or any of the other Chapos talked about Dane Cook? It doesn't seem like they have but I feel like he's someone they can form a theory around.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

TeenageArchipelago posted:

someone put subtitles of the kid saying turmp or something and post this to the trump thread for me

https://i.imgur.com/WegTb5z.mp4

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://i.imgur.com/8X5ttsI.mp4

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

why did no-one tell me ALAB did an episode about the omegaverse, this is huge

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Stav is what happens if you put Jerry, George, and Kramer in the teleporter from The Fly.

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Cancel Culture is the same as mass incarceration.

also catching up on True Anon, and it's hosed up that Ellie Kemper was a member of the court of the Yellow King

I’m behind on TrueAnon and would like to know more

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

MizPiz posted:

Stav is what happens if you put Jerry, George, and Kramer in the teleporter from The Fly.

what is the deal with tiny rear end penises?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
2 history is a weapon episodes on antifada this week. not bad.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Clever Moniker posted:

I’m behind on TrueAnon and would like to know more

the episode they did on St. Louis is mostly about the Veiled Prophet Society. It was a secret society founded in 1878 by the political and business elite of the city to intimidate workers after massive strike the year before that included Black and white workers. Today it's mostly about the city elite networking and hosts a parade and ball every year. Ellie Kemper is from a prominent St. Louis family that's a member of the group.

This is just a random year, but shows the disguised veiled prophet with a different Queen of Peace and Beaty. The prophet is a different important St. Louis ghoul every year. The only known prophet in the past 50 years is Monsanto CEO who had his veil ripped off by activists in the 1970s.

First image of the veiled prophet in St. Louis, from a 1878 newspaper advertisement. Literally a Klansman.

The ep is good, they interview a St. Louis native who explains the historical and political context in more detail.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

coathat posted:

The recent Albania episode was great

yes, i love anything where someone with a big passion for a subject or interest is given space to just go off about it. the enthusiasm from that guy was great, i learned a lot, a total win win.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Chapo I think had a better take on cancel culture this week than that garbage with Taibbi

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

there was a computer animated spin off series of starship troopers

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

gh0stpinballa posted:

There were also a couple DTV sequels. the 2nd one was pretty much a bog standard horror movie with an ironic twist at the end, with the cynical world weary soldier who sees through all the bullshit of the Federation and hates it gets killed and then turned into a propaganda hero for the regime. I vaguely remember seeing the 3rd one but I can't remember a single thing about it.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Which came out two days after Pat Tillman died, which adds an extra layer to it non-intentionally.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

it's insane how much weird poo poo is right on the surface.

hello yes here is my CV i was the queen of love and beauty. no, it's not just a game of thrones thing

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

KomradeX posted:

Chapo I think had a better take on cancel culture this week than that garbage with Taibbi

I agree, it was much more in line with what Matt's position is on his vlogs which was my whole problem with the Taibbi episode since it directly contradicted the extremely valid argument he was making about it being a tidal force that no one is directing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

there was a 3D RTS-slash-Xcom-like Starship Troopers PC game

the first mission was hilarious because it was Klendathu and it goes exactly as well as the movie depicts

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

here's everything i know about starship troopers 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rK5gu1gO_0

it looks like yet another direct to Syfy sequel, but one that at least understands The Deal with the original

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gradenko_2000 posted:

there was a 3D RTS-slash-Xcom-like Starship Troopers PC game

the first mission was hilarious because it was Klendathu and it goes exactly as well as the movie depicts

I thought they only did the FPS

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz posted:

I thought they only did the FPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvnVOOkdp_w&t=448s

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i've got to assume propaganda due was also this lame

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
The true Starship Troopers experience is the Starcraft 1 use map settings map.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Retromancer posted:

I vaguely remember seeing the 3rd one but I can't remember a single thing about it.

Some ham-fisted stuff about religion, mostly. But not in a particularly fun or interesting way.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

here's everything i know about starship troopers 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rK5gu1gO_0

it looks like yet another direct to Syfy sequel, but one that at least understands The Deal with the original

yeah that is the correct level of lame

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
uh excuse me, but this is actually the best starship troopers song

https://youtu.be/tiR4syAPDLE

my nerd friends and I memorized this song in college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

even joe rogan quickly realized what a vapid hack bari weiss is and rogan isn't the sharpest guy, she will probably continue getting money thrown her way by likud psychos while becoming less and less relevant