Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Trimp
This poll is closed.
Mr Brexit +++ 684 0.84%
a picture is worth a thousand words 1008 1.24%
keyboard goop 79662 97.92%
Total: 240 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

they didn’t give them away they sold them

Oh yeah, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Rynn posted:

His approval polling did climb after this but people aren’t going to see it the same way this time.

literally every world leader got an approval bump when this started, Trump's was one of the lowest and it disappeared the fastest

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

emfive posted:

Right, and then the parents, parents co-workers, teachers, teachers' families, it's going to be a massive disaster.

yeah, with my wife being a teacher who's district plans to go back to 5 days full student population (but for a few less hours a day!), we're not exactly thrilled.

Our "bubble" right now is our immediate family (me, wife, 2 toddlers), my parents who have been just as isolated, and my in-laws where my FIL goes to work but he has his own office and there's only 2 other people there (works public service). Aside from curbside pickup for groceries or deliveries, or the occassional hardware store run every couple of weeks, that's all the contact for all of us.

But in 5 weeks, my wife will be back in a building with 1200+ students and 70+ staff for 5 hours every day, including 2 groups of 30-35 kids in her classroom for 1.5 hours at a time. So the primary contacts for my wife go from like 7 to 120 or so overnight, and the secondary contacts go from a couple dozen delivery/store workers to, idk, a couple thousand?

This is in Illinois, one of the states that has been "good" since our first wave but is trending worse and has over 1k cases/day again. Things are going to be so, so bad so quickly.

e: my kids will also be in daycare, further increasing exposure lmao we are so owned

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
its friday whos gonna get fired/demoted/pardoned tonight

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m 80% sure schools will open and quickly shut down or not open at all

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Another Bill posted:

It's the thing that has made me feel the most gaslit in my entire life "kids don't seem to get COVID as badly, therefore it's perfectly safe to reopen schools!"

*schools are shut down globally for months*

"hmm the data says there's minimal spread in schools!"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

euphronius posted:

"Quickly" will still take about a month after opening

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Graffiti has a rich history going back thousands of years. The Romans used to write vulgar jokes, political statements, and random statements all over the place. They absolutely would have laid down some ACAB in their time.

But yeah America needs to disappear folks over $5,000 in property "damage" because they are black.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

CPS is dicking around with releasing their plans, but CTU has flat-out said it needs to be 100% e-learning to start. Some suburban Chicago schools are basically 100% back to normal but with masks, others are going full e-learning.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
florida schools shut down when there were like 50 new cases a day but we are talking about reopening the same week we hit 15,000 cases in a day

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
trunpt#?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gaupo Guacho posted:

u ever think about how trump killed suelimani and there were never any consequences? by any metric that's a W

well, except for all the ballistic missiles fired into a US base in Iraq that caused TBIs in a few dozen soldiers lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

i have my home library catalogued and organized by library of congress classification numbers

do you go through occasional reorganizing crisis moments like in high fidelity?

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

:shuckyes:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Violent anarchists abused the "take a penny leave a penny" tray

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trmgp :hai:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

amazed it took this long, that online thing is full of dumb bullshit

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Man it's honestly going to be loving hilarious when Trump wins again despite the current polling numbers and he absolutely hates his life and just wishes he could play golf and have Ivanka sit on his lap all day and the United States utterly collapses into an apocalyptic wasteland with roving gangs of MAGA chuds roving the highways rolling coal.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
can someone post the comic of the woman and her brain yelling trump at each other

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tacodaemon posted:

i still get floored by the "every famous person is secretly trans" conspiracy contingent

https://twitter.com/conspiraboomers/status/1284069873212063744

this is why we cant ever implement a ubi

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Crusader posted:

lmao this nazis name is chad wolf

$150 Designer White T-shirt

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

wow it only took like five years good job guys thatll fix it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

this owns so much

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

"effectively"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Sir Tonk posted:

this is why we cant ever implement a ubi

I want to meet the man who thinks anything negative about Ashley Graham's appearance and smack him

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

*beach boys voice* two pencils for every kiiiiiiid

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

my partners school is supposed to open in a month and she keeps gently asking them "what happens if an employee or student is confirmed to have covid, will the school shut down" and they just straight up don't have an answer lol lmao just bullshit about taking precautions and evaluating the situation as it evolves

Newsom gonna shut down all the schools today maybe anyway, dunno if that applies to private schools tho

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

can someone post the comic of the woman and her brain yelling trump at each other

I don't have that, but have Trump trying to pronounce Hong Kong while you wait

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/bfishbfish/status/1284150842677964800

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

euphronius posted:

lmao owned

Was Engel a shitbird?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

cant wait for pelosi to not do anything about this

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

my partners school is supposed to open in a month and she keeps gently asking them "what happens if an employee or student is confirmed to have covid, will the school shut down" and they just straight up don't have an answer lol lmao just bullshit about taking precautions and evaluating the situation as it evolves

Newsom gonna shut down all the schools today maybe anyway, dunno if that applies to private schools tho

i heard it on good authority that you cant plan for things that havent happened yet

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/KHOU/status/1284091462557282304

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rynn posted:

Was Engel a shitbird?
Hillary endorsed him

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

tom watson retire bitch

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

:bisonyes:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Rynn posted:

Was Engel a shitbird?

he was the "if I didn't have a primary I wouldn't care/be here" guy

he was also being groomed by Pelosi to lead the foreign affairs committee or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

graffiti politi