Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Communist Disney makes me feel like my brain is going to liquefy and run out my nose.

Also, I feel like the term "cancel culture" completely got away from me. I see posts about it on Twitter and stuff, but there's something about how it's being used that I can't get, but I can't put my finger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Communist Disney makes me feel like my brain is going to liquefy and run out my nose.

Also, I feel like the term "cancel culture" completely got away from me. I see posts about it on Twitter and stuff, but there's something about how it's being used that I can't get, but I can't put my finger on it.

Is it that the same people why deny rape culture all weep and rend their garments over it?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I would complain about the lack of recent comics but they honestly suck so much, lol

They will never have good takes on purpose or good opinions, it will always be a trashfire of minds gone to waste

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish I lived in the world that had billionaires getting on their knees to give money to bolsheviks.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
A giant coronavirus labelled DEBT

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

$ BIG MONEY

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
a cartoon making GBS threads, metaphorically speaking, on Greta Thunberg

"wow, make's u wonder who the REAL enemy is"

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I would complain about the lack of recent comics but they honestly suck so much, lol

They will never have good takes on purpose or good opinions, it will always be a trashfire of minds gone to waste

Counterpoint:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Erenthal posted:

I never tire of right-wing assholes suddenly bemoaning capitalism as soon as a giant corporation does a thing (for pure profit motives) that go against them. Buckle up Ben, this is what you profess to love, and you can't hide it behind weaselwords like "crony capitalism". It's straight up capitalism, and that you're unable to figure it out makes me giggle.

I'm never tired of it. It's extremely funny how stupid they are

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
ramirez is calling his lawyers

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ogantai posted:

Counterpoint:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Zyklon Ben is suing the ADL for calling him anti semitic and getting him booted from a white house event in 2019

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17344321/1/garrison-v-anti-defamation-league/

it's crazy as poo poo, just like any good Garrison piece. read the whole thing.

this is the comic btw

quote:

14. Prior to publication of the ADL Article, ADL knew that the Rothschilds

controlled Soros and that Soros controlled McMaster. ADL also knew that Garrison’s

cartoon was not anti-Semitic and knew that Garrison was not anti-Semitic. [See

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a39k7j/the-anonymous-leak-of-supposed-kkk-names-

is-actually-kind-of-lame (“Garrison is not a KKK member, but a few years ago someone

altered his drawing the ‘March of Tyranny’ to include an anti-Semitic drawing of a

Jewish person, and the image — as well as other manipulations of his work — circled

widely on the internet. (Update: Garrison's name has since been scrubbed from the list.)

‘Here's Anonymous not doing their research and buying into it,’ Pitcavage1 said of the

Garrison rumor, noting that the list included descriptions of the cartoonist that ‘the people

trying to frame him were circulating.’”)].

RealityWarCriminal has issued a correction as of 19:48 on Jul 14, 2020

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Uh, is Newsom in any real danger of this happening? I live in CA and occasionally see cranks with Recall Newsom tables outside of Walmart but don’t know what real support that has.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But *which* "gender crit" ghoul is that supposed to be. Because there are so many.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Manuel Calavera posted:

But *which* "gender crit" ghoul is that supposed to be. Because there are so many.

It's about the Harper's magazine letter.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/tomgara/status/1283391947374239746/photo/1

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retromancer posted:

It's about the Harper's magazine letter.

Again, which ghoul in the letter is it supposed to be. Rowling, a different one? Because from what I remember hearing, some folk on the whole list are cool. And are pissed they had to share names with assholes like Rowling.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I think that's just a generic clown

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1283855477059747841

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Oh cone on they couldn't even get something real? Bricks would probably be cheaper than those fake rear end "weights"

You want something in those truck beds that would obviously be heavy rear end gently caress and actually visibly weigh them down

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Oh cone on they couldn't even get something real? Bricks would probably be cheaper than those fake rear end "weights"

You want something in those truck beds that would obviously be heavy rear end gently caress and actually visibly weigh them down

That'd risk a fuckup where the crane dropped them and destroyed the truck, in what would be too perfect of a metaphor not to happen.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i dont get it, perhaps if they wrote DEBT on the weights it would help.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

Again, which ghoul in the letter is it supposed to be. Rowling, a different one? Because from what I remember hearing, some folk on the whole list are cool. And are pissed they had to share names with assholes like Rowling.

lol

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

They know the purpose of a truck is to haul weight, right?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/atbobb/status/1283863122369896448?s=20

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

uhhhhhh

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So Cuomo put out a poster this week that is basically the lib version of a Garrison toon. If someone can find a bigger version please post it because there are a million little details in here.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

~love wins~

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

This is extremely my poo poo.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

this loving idiot. I hope his dumb lawsuit somehow ruins him

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gates is doing weird poo poo (eugenics and privatizing all school on the continent) in Africa but I doubt Garrison gives a poo poo about all that.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

They know the purpose of a truck is to haul weight, right?

how can u expect them to know that when most truck owners themselves don't?

sliami posted:

~love wins~

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

sliami posted:

~love wins~

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
so loving stupid lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I cannot imagine how you get to that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Can somebody spare a one-sentence summary of what Garrison is doodling about here, because I can't hear it over the din of dogwhistles