Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Demiurge4 posted:

You’re saying that Anthony could have just picked up the phone and made an awkward call to the girl who had a crush on him instead of going on a six year quest and cutting his hand off to talk to a psycho pomp?

Coulda talked to his daughter, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Anthony does not strike me as a "abandon the first idea he has just because a better one comes along" kind of guy.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Demiurge4 posted:

You’re saying that Anthony could have just picked up the phone and made an awkward call to the girl who had a crush on him instead of going on a six year quest and cutting his hand off to talk to a psycho pomp?

Pretty sure he thought the six year quest and hand cutting was a better plan.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's basically a disaster when a cute girl likes liked you.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Anthony could have reasonably assumed that if Brinnie could do anything for Surma she would have. They were friends too, after all.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
that doesn't look like a phone call

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

I can hear Friday's page already.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Worthleast posted:

I can hear Friday's page already.

"ZAM!", Or "MAZ!"?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I wish I could summon my friends by smacking their emblem with a shoe

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This would make for a fun doormat prank

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

same energy

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Oh, that's right. Muut is Kat's type.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm looking forward to her finally being in the comic proper!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Brinnie is honestly not someone I'd ever have expected to come back and play a major role so this is really exciting

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ZAM!

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Should they be wearing socks on carpet for this? Statoc buildup and all that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Well, she's pretty. Meet your new stepmom, Annies.

God, I really want to see Anthony having a date night. It's been like ten years. He deserves a new start.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Anja is just so happy to see her friend. :3:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Where the gently caress is the ZAM

Edit: Oh I think I found it.

https://i.imgur.com/tHojDUo.gifv

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 17, 2020

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Oh wow I'm a dumbass, I never put together that Eglamore got his teleporting trick from Brinnie: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1083

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

the fun has been escalated

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
drat Brinnie.

She is the poster child of "You know that girl you turned down? Well this is her NOW" memes.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1. Anja with that subdued excitement watching the sigil start to spark is cute.
2. The fisheye perspective of the room is cool.
3. drat Brinnie has aged well. It pays to be a valkyrie I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Donkringel posted:

drat Brinnie.

She is the poster child of "You know that girl you turned down? Well this is her NOW" memes.

It's not like he rejected her because she was an ugly teen.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's basically a dizapster when a girl channels the power of lightning

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's not like he rejected her because she was an ugly teen.

And in the end he got a real hottie for himself.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
So is she just always dressed up ready to look badass if someone teleports her to them

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If you strike her sigil with a boot, does that count as a booty call?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fecha posted:

So is she just always dressed up ready to look badass if someone teleports her to them

I suspect that is just her uniform. Which also begs the question of are valkyries (and psychopomps in general) always "on call" or do they have shifts and if you die at the wrong time you'll get a different one?

What's the hourly rate?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No idea but I hear they at least get to have a sweet ride as one of the perks of the job

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So yeah, someone posted a link, I went on a binge and: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1596 Looking back at this page it's not as innocent as it seems, it's a loaded gun.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kikas posted:

So yeah, someone posted a link, I went on a binge and: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1596 Looking back at this page it's not as innocent as it seems, it's a loaded gun.

That whole chapter is a man of war turning broadside, and only half the batteries have fired.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1606

NOT OMINOUS.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Fecha posted:

How big is the chance that Anja completely forgot that that sigil was given to her to use only in a case of emergency and Brinnie teleported in fully expecting a battle or two.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Warmachine posted:

That whole chapter is a man of war turning broadside, and only half the batteries have fired.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1606

NOT OMINOUS.

Yeah I think that we all pointed out that that is ominous as hell when this page dropped. I gotta say this whole chapter is a masterclass in comics. The paneling, the flow of the comic, the goddamn 2 page spreader, the tempo of the jokes, the art in general, the chemistry between everyone, both in writing and in drawings, absoluetely amazing. That page where Robot smacks his broken finger against the wall just to experience pain just for it's novelty! And just before, "She gave us each an Ocean"!
What's your favourite chapter as a whole? Gotta be a few different opinions on this one I bet. Inb4 whole page of people just saying "Stone".

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kikas posted:

Yeah I think that we all pointed out that that is ominous as hell when this page dropped. I gotta say this whole chapter is a masterclass in comics. The paneling, the flow of the comic, the goddamn 2 page spreader, the tempo of the jokes, the art in general, the chemistry between everyone, both in writing and in drawings, absoluetely amazing. That page where Robot smacks his broken finger against the wall just to experience pain just for it's novelty! And just before, "She gave us each an Ocean"!
What's your favourite chapter as a whole? Gotta be a few different opinions on this one I bet. Inb4 whole page of people just saying "Stone".

I unironically loved The Stone. I know it was en vogue to complain about the pacing, but it really worked for me as a "holy poo poo" piece.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Warmachine posted:

I unironically loved The Stone. I know it was en vogue to complain about the pacing, but it really worked for me as a "holy poo poo" piece.

It legit is probably one of mine too, although to be fair I didn't read it live. It's a fantastic chapter that explores a really cool idea.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kikas posted:

Inb4 whole page of people just saying "Stone".

Well, if you insist mon amie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7khP40WYNM

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I absolutely love the two Realm of the Dead chapters. The first from Kat’s perspective, and the second from Annie’s.

My favorite panel from the two is when Annie gets mad at vampire guy for forgetting about Mort and the grim reaper dude just slides out of the way like “nope, nope, just nope.”

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Well, she's pretty. Meet your new stepmom, Annies.

God, I really want to see Anthony having a date night. It's been like ten years. He deserves a new start.

"And this is from when I got punched by a goblin child who - "

"Yes, Zeta, I know. We have a 15-page case file on her."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Kikas posted:

What's your favourite chapter as a whole?

THE SKY WATCHER AND THE ANGEL

"Love makes you act in strange ways." We have our finest minds analysing her words. As mere machines we can but hope to understand.