Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

BiggerBoat posted:

Nope, nope nope

IF he loses, they'll blame everything on Biden (see: Obama, Barrack H.) and the GOP will be continue to be overrun and stuck with DJT 2.0 as they all try to out conservative each other. If he somehow wins, as it stands right now, we'll know for sure that there IS an actual fix taking place while 40% of the country says "see? Told you the news/polls were fake". How can you be so obtuse to this constant doubling down and how gradually normalized this poo poo is becoming?

Trump's not going anywhere, win or lose, and his cult will follow him. Future candidates will be beholden for whatever passes as "news" on whatever TV show he winds up on while they cram all every gerrymandered district int eh country full of Tea Party Qanon true believers. WE're past the point of being able to laugh at these people or assume that the people running know better. They are IN the government now. And we'll get 4 years of calling for investigations into voter fraud as Biden does his best to weakly urinate on a country that's in complete flames.

We all made fun of the Tea Party folks too and now that seems almost quaint.

Oh I'm just saying Trump himself will be tossed aside the instant he's no longer of value to them, of course Trump 2.0 will take right over where he left off. I just think the new hotness will usurp the cult as soon as it's viable to do so, these people don't like sharing worshippers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The problem with the whole "the cult will follow Trump" thing is that the cult is being sustained by a huge array of power-worship. The lifeline of things like Fox constantly running poo poo to the tune of "look at what an amazing job he's doing!" will vanish the instant that he stops having that job. Even the cult itself is largely built on Trump's ability to "own the libs" in ways that he will no longer have any ability to own.

The best-case scenario for him is he gets a contributor slot at Fox.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Rush couldn't stop gushing about some guy named Scott Atlas the other day on his show, because the guy apparently says children are basically immune to covid and it's practically impossible for them to transmit it to adults so there's zero reason to not reopen schools.

quote:

SMITH: To be clear, while you are saying how important it is to get kids back into school and do so safely, you are encouraging that CDC guidance be followed, that there’s mask wearing, social distancing, and all of the precautions that they’re recommending?

ATLAS: Not for children. That would be irrational. It doesn’t matter if children get the disease. They don’t get sick from this. And the data shows that they do not significantly transmit to adults. And this is data.

SMITH: Isn’t it the point to stop the spread – and, sorry, don’t mean to cut you off. But, I mean, the science shows that mask wearing stops the spread of the disease. And don’t we have a collective duty in this country to stop the spread?

ATLAS: You either believe in the science or you say you believe in the science and act contrary to science. The science says — and this is data from Iceland, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, France, the U.K., Australia, Canada, Ireland, everywhere in the world, Germany, everywhere in the western world has shown that children do not transmit significantly to adults, even their own parents, and that teachers are not at higher risk of getting a disease like this disease from children. You either believe the science or not. You can’t insist you believe in the science and then act contrary to science. And, by the way, like I said, we are the only country not opening schools. This is absurd.

quote:

ATLAS: I believe that there is zero reason, in fact, zero excuse to not have the schools open in person. The Hospital for Sick kids [Children] in Toronto, one of the world’s best hospitals, just delineated this. Schools must be in person, no masks, no spacing, because children are not at risk. If you believe that there should be some kind of restriction on schools —

SMITH: Okay.

ATLAS: — you’re not talking about children.

SMITH: It’s a fascinating conversation. I don’t mean to cut you off but there’s so many things to talk about there. There are kids who fall into the high risk category. There are kids with asthma. How do you protect them?

ATLAS: Well, of course. There is a small minority of children that are at high risk, and those kids need to be protected. That’s always true. Seasonal influenza is more risky for children, more than COVID-19. Seasonal influenza is transmitted from children to the high risk adults who are teachers every year. Seasonal influenza in California, the percent of deaths in children was 5.4%. Zero kids have died from COVID-19. If teachers think that they can’t work during this, then they absolutely must say that we have to close schools from November through April.

quote:

ATLAS: I’m saying look at the science. I’m saying use critical thinking and logic. Certain things are known. If you don’t believe in the science, then stop saying you believe in the science. The science says open the schools. The science says there’s no risk to children. The science says teachers are not at risk if they go to school.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Isnt Rush dying of lung cancer because he really believed smoking didnt cause it?

Why isnt he dead yet?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hihohe posted:

Why isnt he dead yet?

Because 2020 is committed to being the worst year ever.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Hihohe posted:

Isnt Rush dying of lung cancer because he really believed smoking didnt cause it?

Why isnt he dead yet?

I think we're hoping he dies after November, generally. Keep on truckin', Rush!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hihohe posted:

Why isnt he dead yet?

becayse the trade off for evil is aging to poo poo, but living to your 90s.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

How are u posted:

I think we're hoping he dies after November, generally. Keep on truckin', Rush!

Yes, so Biden can appoint his replacement on the Supremacy Court.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Rush couldn't stop gushing about some guy named Scott Atlas the other day on his show, because the guy apparently says children are basically immune to covid and it's practically impossible for them to transmit it to adults so there's zero reason to not reopen schools.

This Atlas guy knows what he’s talking about. One time a bully kicked sand in my face at the beach and took my girl. Scott Atlas taught me that by doing certain stretches for minutes a day I could grow big muscles too. I punched the bully in the face and got my girl back.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hihohe posted:

Why isnt he dead yet?

We have no idea, honestly. Stage 4 lung cancer should have him choking on his own blood and unable to walk, but somehow he looks healthier then he did 6 months ago.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
What the hell even is this

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1284072755424616449

I guess Biden is apparently in cahoots with the Toronto city government? I know that they are huge on pushing the whole "THEY'RE GONNA TAKE YOUR CHRISTIANITY AWAY" narrative, but this seems particularly loving stupid.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 17, 2020

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm just remembering the (Irish?) priest who set this whole thing up as a drive-thru when covid came around so people could still do communion without actually congregating that much

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I guess Biden is apparently in cahoots with the Toronto city government? I know that they are huge on pushing the whole "THEY'RE GONNA TAKE YOUR CHRISTIANITY AWAY" narrative, but this seems particularly loving stupid.

This has "Toronto is in Canada" trending in Canada, which I particularly love.

Also, the City of Toronto didn't ban communion. The Province of Ontario put limits on gatherings inside places of worship and the Archdiocese modified how it's delivered.

Here's a trustworthy article on how it's done. https://globalnews.ca/news/7116306/coronavirus-toronto-eucharist-modifications/

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Leofish posted:

This has "Toronto is in Canada" trending in Canada, which I particularly love.

Also, the City of Toronto didn't ban communion. The Province of Ontario put limits on gatherings inside places of worship and the Archdiocese modified how it's delivered.

Here's a trustworthy article on how it's done. https://globalnews.ca/news/7116306/coronavirus-toronto-eucharist-modifications/

I thought I was having a stroke trying to make sense of that tweet. From "Toronto is in Canada" to "what does this have to do with Joe Biden" like whiplash. These people are graceless, crass morons and their fans are even worse.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Levantine posted:

I thought I was having a stroke trying to make sense of that tweet. From "Toronto is in Canada" to "what does this have to do with Joe Biden" like whiplash. These people are graceless, crass morons and their fans are even worse.

Ingraham knows that a portion of her fans aren't even going to bother to check. They're going to see an inflammatory article that says "war on Christianity" and go "Yup, that's what Joe Biden wants" and just mentally ignore the lack of connection between Toronto Catholics and Joe Biden.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Y'all seen Rush lately? He's getting real thin. Not long for this world.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Leofish posted:

Ingraham knows that a portion of her fans aren't even going to bother to check. They're going to see an inflammatory article that says "war on Christianity" and go "Yup, that's what Joe Biden wants" and just mentally ignore the lack of connection between Toronto Catholics and Joe Biden.

This is right on the money. It's fascist propaganda. Roping you in and dragging you down to the mud with facts like "The gently caress? It's Canadian!" is exactly where they want conversations to go. The real message under the surface to their fash-followers is entirely emotional. It's "the bad people do a bad thing and want to be bad to do more bad." When everyone else reacts to the surface idiocy and bullshit factual errors it spreads the emotional message under the surface for them, drawing the lines of society the way they want them.

Pumping out an endless stream of this propaganda and forcing the rest of the world to exist in the fog of hatred it creates is how they operate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Any time is good

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

letthereberock posted:

This Atlas guy knows what he’s talking about. One time a bully kicked sand in my face at the beach and took my girl. Scott Atlas taught me that by doing certain stretches for minutes a day I could grow big muscles too. I punched the bully in the face and got my girl back.

Were you The Hero of the Beach? Because I think I was there that day.

BigDave posted:

We have no idea, honestly. Stage 4 lung cancer should have him choking on his own blood and unable to walk, but somehow he looks healthier then he did 6 months ago.

I honestly wouldn't put it past him to loving make it up.

He can take take the outcome in any direction he wants if he rebounds (his faith healed him, the U.S. has the best healthcare system, medical science is lying to you, the media over sold his diagnosis, see? Doctors over hype everything...all sorts of poo poo.) For all I know his ratings were sinking and he flat out lied about his diagnosis so he can come back with "Well, they all wished I would die but I'm back stronger than ever!"

I've brought this movie up several times but everyone who likes this thread go watch the movie Bob Roberts. Like it would not shock me at all if Trump staged a fake assassination attempt if the polls stay as they are now.

I don't put anything past these people.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

IBroughttheFunk posted:

“Everything I don’t like is the Democrats’ fault, even in other countries”

E:

bird food bathtub posted:

This is right on the money. It's fascist propaganda. Roping you in and dragging you down to the mud with facts like "The gently caress? It's Canadian!" is exactly where they want conversations to go. The real message under the surface to their fash-followers is entirely emotional. It's "the bad people do a bad thing and want to be bad to do more bad." When everyone else reacts to the surface idiocy and bullshit factual errors it spreads the emotional message under the surface for them, drawing the lines of society the way they want them.

Pumping out an endless stream of this propaganda and forcing the rest of the world to exist in the fog of hatred it creates is how they operate.
Pretty much this. All of the right wing bullshit we all mock and tear apart every day is designed to be factually and logically absurd to keep us distracted in mocking and criticizing it, while it does its other job of emotionally pumping the fascists up to fight The Great Enemy (ie everyone who isn’t them, ie all of us).

duck.exe fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 17, 2020

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DukeDuke posted:

“Everything I don’t like is the Democrats’ fault, even in other countries”

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not even our politicians' "fault" but rather the diocese modifying its procedures out of normal loving common sense, because not all religious people/organizations are insane.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They really need to disallow people from deleting tweets.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

They really need to disallow people from deleting tweets.

always, always screencap the tweets.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

FlamingLiberal posted:

Any time is good

I'd rather he get the Johnny Got His Gun treatment than death. Rush Limbaugh does not deserve death.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'd rather he get the Johnny Got His Gun treatment than death. Rush Limbaugh does not deserve death.

I'd just be perfectly happy with him not poisoning the world anymore. I dont really believe in an afterlife or anything like that but I think we all know where he'd end up if the Judeo-Christian model was correct. In my reality, I'll just settle for him being gone. He's done so much damage I doubt we'll ever see it undone in my lifetime, though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Angry_Ed posted:

always, always screencap the tweets.

It's more that I think people should have to live with the embarrassment.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Yeah when evil people die all I can do is lament they ever lived.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 19, 2020

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

This is how we should remember him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucj09t9ieeI

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Thoughts and prayers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

my brain hurts.

Levantine posted:

I'd just be perfectly happy with him not poisoning the world anymore. I dont really believe in an afterlife or anything like that but I think we all know where he'd end up if the Judeo-Christian model was correct. In my reality, I'll just settle for him being gone. He's done so much damage I doubt we'll ever see it undone in my lifetime, though.

i just want him remembered as a hateful monster who hurt people for petty/dick reasons. that or Damnatio memoriae, though that backfires most of the time.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Thoughts and prayers.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Wow, another one.

I'm shocked.

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1285299585154535425

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Wow.

This is the most shocking piece of news ever reported.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1285420345827172354?s=19

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1285423006660124672?s=19

Tucker riled up about something juicy... Well... Probably just building on the previous news.

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 21, 2020

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The best part is that Tucker did have his home phone number published by a major news outlet once.

The outlet was Fox News.

https://gizmodo.com/remember-when-fox-news-posted-tucker-carlsons-home-phon-1796974127

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

apatheticman posted:

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1285420345827172354?s=19

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1285423006660124672?s=19

Tucker riled up about something juicy... Well... Probably just building on the previous news.

Wasn't there a time some protestors knocked on his home door and he breathlessly claimed that antifa supersoliders attempted to break into his home and murder his family?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Republicans posted:

Wasn't there a time some protestors knocked on his home door and he breathlessly claimed that antifa supersoliders attempted to break into his home and murder his family?
Yes, and some libs bought into that story too

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Feinne posted:

Oh I'm just saying Trump himself will be tossed aside the instant he's no longer of value to them, of course Trump 2.0 will take right over where he left off. I just think the new hotness will usurp the cult as soon as it's viable to do so, these people don't like sharing worshippers.

See I'm not quite sure on this, I feel like Trump has uniquely built up his image over decades to perfectly appeal to the cult, which is why it has exploded in size so much to support him. Trump is loving stupid but is so full of himself in the ideal way to get chuds following him.

Also I'm not fully convinced that the Secret Service or the military necessarily WOULD come knocking on the white house door if Trump doesn't leave. That would require the people commanding them to deliver those orders. What's stopping them from going "Well, the president has said that the election was rigged, and it's still being investigated / rescheduled. Having a president is key in these trying times, we're not going to enforce some archaic law that would destroy America just because the democrats are throwing a tantrum that their plan to rig the election failed." Like, it'd be super easy to come up with a reason for the people who should enforce this to just...decide not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

See I'm not quite sure on this, I feel like Trump has uniquely built up his image over decades to perfectly appeal to the cult, which is why it has exploded in size so much to support him. Trump is loving stupid but is so full of himself in the ideal way to get chuds following him.

Also I'm not fully convinced that the Secret Service or the military necessarily WOULD come knocking on the white house door if Trump doesn't leave. That would require the people commanding them to deliver those orders. What's stopping them from going "Well, the president has said that the election was rigged, and it's still being investigated / rescheduled. Having a president is key in these trying times, we're not going to enforce some archaic law that would destroy America just because the democrats are throwing a tantrum that their plan to rig the election failed." Like, it'd be super easy to come up with a reason for the people who should enforce this to just...decide not to.

Trump is an extremely unpopular president, and this unpopularity extends to the military as well. The secret service is also a branch that is typically apolitical. I mean. Cmon. The secret service has facilitated adultery for democratic and republican presidents. It's not beholden to Donald J. Trump.

Guys, Trump isn't going to do a coup. He's just belching hot air in an effort to get his base to vote. If he refuses to leave in an unambiguous electoral and popular vote defeat he'll be dragging the republican party into hell with him.