Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Grimdude posted:

This got me wondering who the left even has that compares?

Granted a lot of this is because I browse these forums, but who even compares to the laundry list of conservative personalities? Who is the left's Ben Shapiro? Their Gun Girl? Their Milo?

Conservative figures are literally everywhere and I can't name one similar liberal type.

There is no comparison on the left. Conservative imbeciles travel the US and sell millions of tickets so you can see Diamond and Silk, Milo Yiaponapiolopolis, Smol Ben Shapiro, Terrance K Williams or whatever that idiot's name is, Kyle Kashuv, Stephen Crowder, Candace Owens and dozens of other miscreants, on stage and telling you what you want to hear for three hours. There's literally nothing like it on the left. It's almost like conservatives are braindead, easily griftable morons that will spend $200 and an entire Saturday night to be reassured of their lovely beliefs and leftists aren't interested in any of that stupid poo poo. Conservatives cannot think for themselves for poo poo.

It's the same reason Fox News gets quadruple the ratings MSNBC does despite the fact that there's more registered democrats than republicans in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

MAGA...A

MAGAA!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Trollking posted:

I'm still reeling at the revelation that the NRA only has 5 million members. I honestly thought it was much, much more than that due to how loud they are.
It's actually a lot less (that 5 million includes people who bought "lifetime" memberships a decade or two ago and have subsequently died and gone to Gunhalla)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

There is no comparison on the left. Conservative imbeciles travel the US and sell millions of tickets so you can see Diamond and Silk, Milo Yiaponapiolopolis, Smol Ben Shapiro, Terrance K Williams or whatever that idiot's name is, Kyle Kashuv, Stephen Crowder, Candace Owens and dozens of other miscreants, on stage and telling you what you want to hear for three hours. There's literally nothing like it on the left. It's almost like conservatives are braindead, easily griftable morons that will spend $200 and an entire Saturday night to be reassured of their lovely beliefs and leftists aren't interested in any of that stupid poo poo. Conservatives cannot think for themselves for poo poo.

It's the same reason Fox News gets quadruple the ratings MSNBC does despite the fact that there's more registered democrats than republicans in the US.

There's also no left equivalent to wingnut welfare with leftist Mercers and Koch there to prop up your dipshit YouTube show. There's no way Shapiro actually brings in enough money from viewers and such to be the highest advertiser on Facebook.

Trollking
Sep 9, 2000

Pillbug

Groovelord Neato posted:

There's also no left equivalent to wingnut welfare with leftist Mercers and Koch there to prop up your dipshit YouTube show. There's no way Shapiro actually brings in enough money from viewers and such to be the highest advertiser on Facebook.

B-b-b-but Soros?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1284175837831585792?s=20

quote:

Rahuba dismissed concerns that his efforts had harmed people or put them at risk.

“The message here was that any idiot on the Internet can get a bunch of people to show up at a Union cemetery with a bunch of Confederate flags and Nazi tattoos on their necks that just make them look foolish,” he said.

He also had little sympathy for the man who shot himself. “There’s some comedic value to that happening,” Rahuba said.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1284185103036493834

:ohdear:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
are we pretending that boat parades are a traditional electoral bellwether

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ALFbrot posted:

It depends on whether you're measuring registered boaters or likely boaters.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They have a point, no boat parades for Hillary in 2016 and look what happened

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it completely rules that trump has latched on to boaters as sole proof that his campaign is doing well

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danejohnstonIA/status/1272959609997852672?s=19

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Dude owns.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
President Beans

Trollking
Sep 9, 2000

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1283571639867912193

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Is that a comedy account? Whopping 70 people?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I am an undecided boater

Trollking
Sep 9, 2000

Pillbug

Power Khan posted:

It's only because somebody hosed up and held the gathering on land.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I had a customer demand that I give rainchecks for Goya beans (because everyone bought them) but we couldn't (because we suspended rainchecks due to the pandemic) and she got mad because she wanted to support her country.

Americans can only associate with three things: white-washed history, pop culture and brands.

If you really wanted to help your country or support your community in some way how does giving your money to a corporation just because they said nice things about the president accomplish that? I try and vote with my wallet as much as possible but that's based on the companies social, environmental and ethical impact not just because the CEO wants to suck the presidents mushroom dick. Jesus people are so loving stupid.... :argh:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Power Khan posted:

I assume this is a significant percentage of the towns population.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

TheAardvark posted:

it completely rules that trump has latched on to boaters as sole proof that his campaign is doing well

There's a good chance that the prez (pbuh) now mandates that every campaign rally has to be near a body of water, so his motorboaters have free access.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

FMguru posted:

It depends on whether you're measuring registered boaters or likely boaters.

Either way, I have hard time believing Biden has a whopping zero boaters, though. Are we sure this isn't a case of boater fraud, perchance?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ALFbrot posted:

everyone knows it's halloween mask sales.
do we have a thread for becoming a canadian citizen?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you scour the source code for The Last of Us Part II, you can find the assets for an unused enemy type, “The Boater”.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Fun Fact: Donald Trump is a world-class dullard dumbass.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Thank You , Predisent Trunp. :911:

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Catastrophe posted:

My mother explaining to me that Trump was predicted in the bible because it said we'd suffer through "times hard to deal with"

I can't even. The most vague bullshit spouted by some racist, sexist, ignorant moron suffering from heat stroke in the desert while hallucinating is your gospel to excuse Donald Trump's behavior?

This is why religion is all the dumbest piece of poo poo ever invented by scared, stupid people.

you might enjoy the podcast The Scathing Atheist.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Our beautiful boaters scouring the seas like reavers and raiding coastal towns for their GOYA beans

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

a huge turnout

over 70 people

...really?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Trollking posted:

It's only because somebody hosed up and held the gathering on land.

i lolled hard at this because i forgot about the boat thing and just thought trumps supporters are a bunch of loving whales

Hellsworn Barn
Apr 11, 2008

hi

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, John Oliver...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hellsworn Barn posted:

Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, John Oliver...

Those are actual media figures.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Jon Stewart is patently way better than those other three

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If you fucks say anything disparaging about Seth Meyers I will cut you

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

20 Blunts posted:

i heard with politics is best to just think once. then you kinda sign and seal it in your brain space and go from there

Why even think about it once? Go with your gut from the start, and you never need to think.

Hellsworn Barn
Apr 11, 2008

hi

Groovelord Neato posted:

Those are actual media figures.

I don’t understand the distinction.

AHH F/UGH posted:

Jon Stewart is patently way better than those other three

This is subjective. I’m sure conservatives feel otherwise.

Hellsworn Barn
Apr 11, 2008

hi

priznat posted:

If you fucks say anything disparaging about Seth Meyers I will cut you

I’m not saying anything disparaging about anyone, just pointing out that those are the left’s equivalent to conservative media figures like Ben Shapiro.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hellsworn Barn posted:

I don’t understand the distinction.

They're hosts of shows that already existed or were spun-off from popular shows. There's a reason Fox News hosts weren't named in the post you quoted.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I had a customer demand that I give rainchecks for Goya beans (because everyone bought them) but we couldn't (because we suspended rainchecks due to the pandemic) and she got mad because she wanted to support her country.

Americans can only associate with three things: white-washed history, pop culture and brands.

Nothing says america like white, heavily armed militia lunatics guarding corporate property.

Just in case the king of antifa and his knights of anarchy shows up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Git your DANG commie hands off my GOTDANG BEANS!!!!!