Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

drrockso20 posted:

probably my favorite of the "gently caress You Friday" comics, Cornelius's "gently caress along, now" might just be the greatest way of telling someone to gently caress off I've ever seen

I have absolutely repurposed “three acres of grain tastes terrible with a baked potato” when I’ve been preached at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if you guys don't watch AEW you're missing out on The Butcher, who seems to have taken his current look directly from Lyle lmao

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have absolutely repurposed “three acres of grain tastes terrible with a baked potato” when I’ve been preached at.

Pat sucks but

gently caress people who drive Escalades.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

Pat sucks but

gently caress people who drive Escalades.

“It has the fuel economy of an oil well fire and handles like a Best Western” is the best description of an Escalade I’ve ever heard.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The point of Pat is not that he is Wrong, it is that he is an rear end in a top hat.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think a lot of Beef's shirts would play real well now, he was just ahead of the curve

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Dang how did I miss this!!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

e-dt posted:

My favourite Roast Beef trait is his weakness for crappy clothes with slogans on them: fig 1, fig 2, fig 3, edit: fig 4.

You're mad at me! Shame on you!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

boo_radley posted:

You're mad at me! Shame on you!

This is probably the best succinct description of what parenting is like possible in the English language.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Nessus posted:

The point of Pat is not that he is Wrong, it is that he is an rear end in a top hat.
Some of his food creations certainly seem Wrong, though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Zereth posted:

I'd try the "got game Hens," I'll admit.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
It's been years since I've had a vegan snack or meal that was gnarly on the level that a lot of the Pat foods are but I guess that's another instance of Achewood definitely belonging to a specific cultural moment. Or maybe things are different on the West Coast.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Pat is just an rear end in a top hat who went vegan, and he kept up his rear end in a top hat ways. Food is just another way to say "gently caress you".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zereth posted:

Then why are they called BESTitutes, Zereth? :colbert:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Then why are they called BESTitutes, Zereth? :colbert:

bony tony posted:

Pat is just an rear end in a top hat

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Vegan food in general is probably prepared with greater skill in most cases. Pat, of course, no doubt finds raunchy tastes to be another thing to feel powerful about.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
"Oh, you can't eat this? I'm sorry that I spent all of today making it, but I suppose I'll just throw it out."

Talking to Pat is like passive-aggressive judo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I too would be cross all day if I was a vegulon with Chron's disease.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
The best Pat moment was when he discovered he was gay, had a genuine opportunity to reflect on himself, and still continued to be an rear end in a top hat.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Saoshyant posted:

I too would be cross all day if I was a vegulon with Chron's disease.

Ray ate the reason that Pat is a vegan.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nessus posted:

Vegan food in general is probably prepared with greater skill in most cases. Pat, of course, no doubt finds raunchy tastes to be another thing to feel powerful about.

A lot of Pat’s stuff is vegan/health alternatives that do the “trying to be a direct substitute” for something, and those are nearly universally awful. There’s good vegan food, but it’s never the type of stuff that’s like “I can’t believe it’s not pork”.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

A lot of Pat’s stuff is vegan/health alternatives that do the “trying to be a direct substitute” for something, and those are nearly universally awful. There’s good vegan food, but it’s never the type of stuff that’s like “I can’t believe it’s not pork”.

In the interest of Cookbooks, I did this salad last week and it was absolutely insane the flavor you can get: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G219FeiLdPw - keep the feta out and you're good to go.

:ssh: i added a few jammy eggs for protein

Random just landed me on this, the Scott Pilgrim special: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05112004

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I've never noticed that Ray has a lucky cig

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

(a company where Todd is allowed to use the phone)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"Ray scolding Todd" are some of my favorite moments

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

smarxist posted:

God dammit Todd

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Don't do cocaine at me!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

You get back in rehab and you get a leech on you! Immediately, Todd!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

You get back in rehab and you get a leech on you! Immediately, Todd!

Dogg is always out gettin' his leech on, can't hardly stop him.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We never got the origin story for the stutter

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

smarxist posted:

if you guys don't watch AEW you're missing out on The Butcher, who seems to have taken his current look directly from Lyle lmao

now that's a man i could imagine puking at a football

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

smarxist posted:

SCREW YOU, rear end in a top hat! I ONLY LISTEN TO D-D-DOUBLE MUSIC!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm sorry. My colleague is a terrible man.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

prefect posted:

Dogg is always out gettin' his leech on, can't hardly stop him.

Why are we still talking about this?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

smarxist posted:

He's also the bassist in Every Time I Die, so he is definitely about to have to meet the children of Senator Dell Graham.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Deathlove posted:

He's also the bassist in Every Time I Die, so he is definitely about to have to meet the children of Senator Dell Graham.

what a wonderful storyline to be reminded of

Jesus Ray we got the chessboard out but you playin' Whac-a-Mole

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Daktar posted:

The best Pat moment was when he discovered he was gay, had a genuine opportunity to reflect on himself, and still continued to be an rear end in a top hat.

Yup, though I do think he actually did become slightly less of one than he was before, or at least he stopped doing stuff that would send him to jail

My sister recently became Vegan(at literally the worst time in the world to do so) and honestly most of the fake meat she's bought has been actually pretty decent

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there was a cafe in san jose whose menu was entirely buddhist style meat analogue dishes. that was some of the tastiest food I've ever bolted down into my cavernous belly.

it comes down again to onstad's razor: pat is an rear end in a top hat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

World War Mammories posted:

what a wonderful storyline to be reminded of

Which in turn reminds me that Ray is a man of simple pleasures:

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

My sister recently became Vegan(at literally the worst time in the world to do so) and honestly most of the fake meat she's bought has been actually pretty decent
Pat was doing this poo poo like.... 15+ years ago, I think things have advanced since then.

Also a lot of his stuff was home-made.