Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Call me when they do Snow Job because that dude has skis, the best accessory ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

davebo posted:

Call me when they do Snow Job because that dude has skis, the best accessory ever.

Blizzard was my favorite cold weather Joe. He had a removable helmet, spiked snow boots, skis, AND you could put the skis on his backpack and turn it into a sled for him.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The 4 inch Joes just seem to be rereleases of POC figures. The Snake Eyes is for certain and the Storm Shadow is a mixture of two different ones. I believe the Baroness is a full rerelease as well.

gregday
May 23, 2003

davebo posted:

I think you mean Airwave and his fully functional parachute

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just got in my Mythic Pieces Set Two: Door and Floor Pieces from https://crashboxcustoms.com. It was pretty expensive, but I'm happy with how they look with my Mythic Legions. I plan on getting a couple window pieces when they get re-released.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 17, 2020

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Fuzz posted:

I have an extra Event Exclusive Kid Goku from last year (purple gi) and a Scouter Vegeta, both brand new and sealed. Was hoping to basically sell them at cost, I don't care about making a profit, I just want to make space on my shelves.

Anyone interested?

a friend of mine is interested in scouter vegeta, his email is KRANGISALOSER1988 at gmail dot com if you want to drop him a line about it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I used to be super hardcore into the 4” joes for some reason. That will come back if I see those retro things on the shelf....:negative:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, I'm gonna buy a HISS tank. :smith:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Aw, I'm gonna buy a HISS tank. :smith:

I wish my other car was a HISS tank.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
So are the 4” joes reproductions of the originals or new models? I’ve seen them do both in the past but the newer repros were the wrong plastics and looked off.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
They're 25th and/or 30th Anniversary figures with some new parts and accessories.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The head on that Baroness looks new, definitely wanna grab that one.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Not sure if anyone else is interested in the SH Figuarts Infinity War Thanos, but Megalopolis has him on sale for $55 which is by far the lowest I've ever seen his price go:

https://megalopolis.toys/collections/sale/products/avengers-infinity-war-s-h-figuarts-thanos-july-2018

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This is probably a dumb question and I know the default answer for display shelf is "detof," but where/how does everyone put their figures' extra hands/heads and accessories?

I unfortunately really don't have the space in my home office to keep all of the original boxes and would like something to keep all of the accessories stuff organized, plus out of the reach of my meddling children, so was curious how others do it.

FWIW probably have 100+ figures, mostly Marvel Legends, about 10-15 of the big-rear end Toy Biz ML BAFs, then Revoltech and Figmas.

sticksy fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 18, 2020

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

sticksy posted:

This is probably a dumb question and I know the default answer for display shelf is "detof," but where/how does everyone put their figures' extra hands/heads and accessories?

I unfortunately really don't have the space in my home office to keep all of the original boxes and would like something to keep all of the accessories stuff organized, plus out of the reach of my meddling children, so was curious how others do it.

FWIW probably have 100+ figures, mostly Marvel Legends, about 10-15 of the big-rear end Toy Biz ML BAFs, then Revoltech and Figmas.

I personally keep the boxes in a closet for reselling purposes, theoretical moving, etc. But accessories, instructions, etc are kept in plastic baggies and stored away in a cabinet organized by toyline.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sticksy posted:

You can get a plastic organizer with adjustable compartments

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

I use a box for 7" records (basically a short height comic longbox) and put the accessories in ziploc bags and use marked dividers.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
There are stands that you can 3D print that will hold extra heads/hands at least Marvel Legends ones.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

sticksy posted:

Buy a big pack of 6x9" archive bags. Use a sharpie to label each bag by figure, or type of accessory, and then toss the accessories in.

Then store all the bags in a plastic bin.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 18, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The final experiment

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've been trying to resist preordering a bunch of those new Thundercats from Super 7, but they look really great. I just know if I buy one I'll end up buying $500 worth of them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sticksy posted:

I highly recommend keeping the boxes but recycling the contents(plastic/cardboard figure holders, throw out foam, etc). flatten the boxes themselves and keep them all in a single box in case you decide to sell the associated figures. Having the boxes/card backing can often increase a figure's resale value a good amount even if they don't have the plastic/cardboard inserts inside, and flattened ones take up very little space.

as for storage for parts, generally I do a ziploc baggy with all the parts in it and put that in a box for all general figure parts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Our house went on the market yesterday, we had an open house today and we have two tentative offers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Blimey, that was fast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Blimey, that was fast.

The market here is on fire. We've been scheduled to see three houses and they've all gotten offers before we can get to them. One was listed on zillow for 7 hours when it went to pending.

Edit: we got asking price! And two other parties are going to make offers!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 19, 2020

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

The market here is on fire. We've been scheduled to see three houses and they've all gotten offers before we can get to them. One was listed on zillow for 7 hours when it went to pending.

Edit: we got asking price! And two other parties are going to make offers!

Lots of people are trying to scoop up a house before potentially being let go, it’s crazy. I know a couple currently house hunting with the expectations they’re going to be rif’d come November.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
“Well we might both be out of work soon, what should we do with our savings dear? Pre-order some Sentinels?”
“I say, let’s get ourselves into a mortgage ASAFP!”
“Brilliant, we’ve always talked about experiencing a foreclosure. And with all this pandemic stuff, who knows if we’ll get another chance.”

Definitely not a sound financial decision there. Which I understand is perfect for this thread.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Louisgod posted:

Lots of people are trying to scoop up a house before potentially being let go, it’s crazy. I know a couple currently house hunting with the expectations they’re going to be rif’d come November.
Well, a proper house is more defensible than living out of your car when the country collapses once all the evictions go through, so they're thinking ahead tbh

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

The_Doctor posted:

Blimey, that was fast.

We just bought a house. We saw the house go on the market, viewed it that afternoon and made an offer that same evening. By the next morning the sellers already had several offers and ours was thankfully accepted. We had to move that fast. We'd missed so many houses by just taking one day too long thinking about it. Our apartment lease was almost up and our landlord didn't want to go month to month and wanted to another 12 month lease, so we were pretty pressured.

This is metro Atlanta's market by the way.

House is pretty great, a little hard to keep as cool as I'd like right now though.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
There is an expectation that loans are likely going to dry up very soon with the economy about to collapse. I was working for a mortgage company for awhile and they were seeing signs of problems about a year and a half ago. With the bottom about to fall out in any day now those with the ability are taking what they can get with the low interest rate, neither of which will be there anymore in the near future.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Captain Invictus posted:

Well, a proper house is more defensible than living out of your car when the country collapses once all the evictions go through, so they're thinking ahead tbh

I think you have more legal rights if you own a house and stop paying a mortgage than you do if you rent a place and stop paying rent.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Captain Invictus posted:

Right, I feel if you’re able to buy a house now’s the time to do it, whether to get out of the site of an eviction happy landlord to pivot toward paying into equity, with the possibility of having roommates that’ll help pay toward the mortgage. Rates are also crazy low and banks are MUCH easier to work with than lovely landlords. I closed on my house this last December and am very happy I did though my rate is 3.875 and now they’re down to under 3.

Anyway, to keep this topical, the only reason to buy a house is to have extra rooms to home your growing (plastic) family.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Louisgod posted:

Right, I feel if you’re able to buy a house now’s the time to do it, whether to get out of the site of an eviction happy landlord to pivot toward paying into equity, with the possibility of having roommates that’ll help pay toward the mortgage. Rates are also crazy low and banks are MUCH easier to work with than lovely landlords. I closed on my house this last December and am very happy I did though my rate is 3.875 and now they’re down to under 3.

Anyway, to keep this topical, the only reason to buy a house is to have extra rooms to home your growing (plastic) family.

I just moved my whole collection from the downstairs floor to 3 Detolfs in our newly-repurposed home office in one of our spare bedrooms. I love having all of my figures in one spot where I can enjoy looking at them all day. Plus, once we ever have other human beings come over (after a vaccine is available!) our whole house won't look like a toy store. It’ll look like a cool art-toy museum ‘cause my wife’s collection is still downstairs. I watched too many episodes of Queer Eye and Bobby Burke's home-design aesthetic made me feel a fair amount of self-hatred when I would look at my shelves full of Gokus and Batmans just out in the open.

The Detolfs are also nice because their space is quite a bit more finite than "wherever we can find a spot downstairs" so I'm hoping it helps to curb my spending habits some. The cubes also help to keep everything organized by franchise, so while I wasn't too worried about suddenly jumping into collecting a new line/franchise, now that worry is even less.

Basically, get a house to store your toys like Lou said. I'm lucky I don't want kids but I do have a third bedroom whose closet literally has nothing but holiday decorations and toy boxes.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 20, 2020

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Future Son posted:

“Well we might both be out of work soon, what should we do with our savings dear? Pre-order some Sentinels?”
“I say, let’s get ourselves into a mortgage ASAFP!”
“Brilliant, we’ve always talked about experiencing a foreclosure. And with all this pandemic stuff, who knows if we’ll get another chance.”

Definitely not a sound financial decision there. Which I understand is perfect for this thread.

I mean, 350 bucks is meaningless when you're talking about purchasing a house nowadays, you know, because it's not 1840.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Fuzz posted:

I mean, 350 bucks is meaningless when you're talking about purchasing a house nowadays, you know, because it's not 1840.

That's a down payment in St. Louis.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nanigans posted:

I just moved my whole collection from the downstairs floor to 3 Detolfs in our newly-repurposed home office in one of our spare bedrooms. I love having all of my figures in one spot where I can enjoy looking at them all day.

Today I moved my sit-stand desk where I work remote from my living room to my spare bedroom/office, which has all my figures in cases behind me. I put my desk in the living room so I didn't feel trapped in a small room all day but instead it turned into me kicking my kids out to their room away from the TV so I could be on a call for work. It's also hard to escape the concept of work when it's the same room you relax in. It'll be nice to have figures to endlessly mess with while doing work stuff now.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 20, 2020

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gripweed posted:

That's a down payment in St. Louis.

For what, a storage unit?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Make it $350k and you can almost get a one-bedroom condo here!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Louisgod posted:

Today I moved my sit-stand desk where I work remote from my living room to my spare bedroom/office, which has all my figures in cases behind me. I put my desk in the living room so I didn't feel trapped in a small room all day but instead it turned into me kicking my kids out to their room away from the TV so I could be on a call for work. It's also hard to escape the concept of work when it's the same room you relax in. It'll be nice to have figured to endlessly mess with while doing work stuff now.

That's exactly the situation I was in. Working out of the living room. The days just blurred together with no line between work and relaxing time. But once we moved into the little office, we've been a lot happier and my posture is probably a lot better than sitting on a couch all day. Also, yeah, it's awesome being on a conference call while posing my figures, haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Louisgod posted:

I've got an amazing new office/figure room/virtual classroom in my new place. It's got a brick accent wall covering half the space, it's pretty great.

With that said, It is an older home with a raised foundation. And the floors do carry a little motion when I walk through, causing my shelves to shake, causing figures to fall.

Do you guys have any suggestions on dealing with that issue? I know shelves can be easily anchored to the wall, but I don't want to drill into my brick and it still wouldn't stop the shelves from shaking from the motion in the floor. I have some Bandai stands, but not enough, and they can still shake out of those at times.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 20, 2020