Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Just sharing this elegant little JOKR wipe because that was some good poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3hrH48t9kQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Black Griffon posted:

Just sharing this elegant little JOKR wipe because that was some good poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3hrH48t9kQ

God drat I just watched this like 4 times, it's so satisfying watching it come down.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Where do you find these weird contraband mission things other than the corpses of your enemies. Are they on the map?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

drunken officeparty posted:

Where do you find these weird contraband mission things other than the corpses of your enemies. Are they on the map?

They spawn as loot. Sometimes from an orange chest or when you finish a mission. It’s a briefcase item that kinda looks like the armor box.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My buddy picked up a contraband mission today and It never gave us a destination. :shrug:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I haven't even seen one in weeks. I had assumed they removed them mid season.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i wish warzone wasn't just completely decided by sniper ability

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's... not?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

We race ATVs there on plunder a lot tbh

I like to lay down on the atv while someone drives it so I feel like I'm flying.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Push El Burrito posted:

I like to lay down on the atv while someone drives it so I feel like I'm flying.

Lol, the lack of momentum for passengers standing on vehicles is weird as heck. I must try the flying thing now too (while singing the theme to superman)

When I fly the helicopters around I hum the theme to Magnum PI (the original show)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I feel like we are playing a different game because snipers have almost no effect in the thousands of warzone games I’ve played. Unless you’re standing still in an exposed area, but if that’s the case you get what’s coming to you.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

As long as you aren't milling around the traffic control tower on the runway then snipers aren't too much trouble

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Occasionally you'll get a real bad circle, or a more powerful squad limits your options, but with the right decisions you can get almost anywhere without exposing yourself to sniper harm more than half a minute or so.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
In many circumstances some ARs and LMGs specced for range can contest snipers as well. I don't think running a sniper in WZ is mandatory. At ranges where you need a sniper, you're usually too far away to even follow up on knocks, so unless you catch a team out in the open, they should be able to get cover/rez most of the time.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Protocol7 posted:

God drat I just watched this like 4 times, it's so satisfying watching it come down.

I was in that game it was so goddamn funny, I was pointing a PILA at it waiting for them all to get in the truck and then it was just gone. They had three rocket launchers pointed at them lol

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I haven't run a sniper in WZ in forever. Solo is one thing, but in squads, snipers are very situational and might only bleed some plates at best, and if you do what I do and close on the snipers you're at a disadvantage with that in a weapon slot when I'm on you.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

Lol, the lack of momentum for passengers standing on vehicles is weird as heck. I must try the flying thing now too (while singing the theme to superman)

When I fly the helicopters around I hum the theme to Magnum PI (the original show)

I have been able to recreate this a few times.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JealousLimitedBluejay-mobile.mp4

If you stand on the side rails without actually getting in the helicopters and move off and immediately open your chute you'll just go flying like crazy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

^^^ that is crazy how does it jump upwards??

I was trying the kar in core/hardcore and wow it does ads amazingly quickly even with sniper scope.

Still find the 680 more fun though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
rip pee wee lookin bitcfh
https://i.imgur.com/ORI59SW.gifv

PARKOUR
https://i.imgur.com/cK9vGVt.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/i7Z9UcQ.gifv

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

^^^ that is crazy how does it jump upwards??

I was trying the kar in core/hardcore and wow it does ads amazingly quickly even with sniper scope.

Still find the 680 more fun though.

It just does its own thing you're just along for the ride.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Push El Burrito posted:

I have been able to recreate this a few times.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JealousLimitedBluejay-mobile.mp4

If you stand on the side rails without actually getting in the helicopters and move off and immediately open your chute you'll just go flying like crazy.

I've had this happen at odd times, like I'll jump over a wall and all of a sudden go flying 100ft forward at 1000mph, I think it has something in common with the times you pull your chute when jumping over a rock or smaller obstruction.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My GeForce experience refuses to actually allow me to capture highlights. It said I needed the windows 10 media pack but that didn't seem to matter.

I guess I'll keep my terrible gameplay to myself.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

No Butt Stuff posted:

My GeForce experience refuses to actually allow me to capture highlights. It said I needed the windows 10 media pack but that didn't seem to matter.

I guess I'll keep my terrible gameplay to myself.
Maybe use OBS?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/txr8JuP.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/0qtd3Ed.gifv

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Someone already mentioned it, hanging back in warzone rumble behind a deployable cover is the best way to grind out longshots + mounted kills.

E: lmao if you use a tac insert in wz rumble you parachute in directly above where you plant it, even if your deep on the enemies side of the map. Kind of trivialises the “get 2 point blank shotgun kills three times” warzone mission

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 18, 2020

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Whoever suggested the PKM I officially love you. I’ve been finishing each game with like 10+ kills now because I’m a 150 round terror at every range.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

moosecow333 posted:

Whoever suggested the PKM I officially love you. I’ve been finishing each game with like 10+ kills now because I’m a 150 round terror at every range.

Yeah it’s great and I think I like it better than the bruen mid range. Bruen is a laser at distance but the PKM can hold its own too.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Anyone want to gently caress around in multiplayer HisMaleLover#5239591

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

pst https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Crustashio posted:

I haven't even seen one in weeks. I had assumed they removed them mid season.

I got one two days ago, gave me a blueprint for the AX-50.
So they're still in, but maybe just a lot more rare now?
e: of course that was in plunder, can't speak for any other game modes.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I think they'll only spawn if someone in the group hasn't completed the contraband contract right?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I bought the new Syd outfit and it made me better at the game.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

I bought the new Syd outfit and it made me better at the game.

What pack is that in? I have seen ones with baggy camo pants and it is very cool.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Has anyone noticed a sniper-glint type effect for the tac laser recently? I dodged a bullet today because I peeked a corner and saw exactly that: pretty much the same thing as sniper glint but it was distinctly green. It was weird and I've never seen anything like it before and I'm wondering if it's a new effect they snuck in as a pseudo-nerf to tac lasers? The guy aiming at me was about 50m away.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

What pack is that in? I have seen ones with baggy camo pants and it is very cool.

It also gave me a grau blueprint so I'm a grau boy again.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh wow that’s totally different than the one I have seen and also very cool.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I think the one from the pack and the screenshot are the same model but different skins, the pack one is more blue and also very good and makes me play better and feel good.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Shima Honnou posted:

I think the one from the pack and the screenshot are the same model but different skins, the pack one is more blue and also very good and makes me play better and feel good.

Ok now it's just getting weird. Here's mine from the start screen:

and here's from the preview screen

Sydspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Fart Car '97 posted:

Has anyone noticed a sniper-glint type effect for the tac laser recently? I dodged a bullet today because I peeked a corner and saw exactly that: pretty much the same thing as sniper glint but it was distinctly green. It was weird and I've never seen anything like it before and I'm wondering if it's a new effect they snuck in as a pseudo-nerf to tac lasers? The guy aiming at me was about 50m away.

There has always been a glint if it intersects your vision, but with the way it sways with player model in WZ it seems pretty rare? I noticed it way more in core on maps like shoothouse.