Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Im actually considering quitting my job and making art full time. Of course, I don't make nearly enough to survive on just my art, but I live my life like an idiot, so I'm certain that I will throw caution to the wolves and just go for it. I'll probably die.

I just want to whine about work but can't think of a good justification for said whining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

xcheopis posted:

I just want to whine about work but can't think of a good justification for said whining.

You could complain that other people are eating from your lunch, and after time you may start to believe it is true. This is a long game, but it works.

Note: not effective strategy if you WFH.

xcheopis

Prof. Crocodile posted:

You could complain that other people are eating from your lunch, and after time you may start to believe it is true. This is a long game, but it works.

Note: not effective strategy if you WFH.

That would work except they are nice people who frequently offer to buy me food, the jerks.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

xcheopis posted:

That would work except they are nice people who frequently offer to buy me food, the jerks.

drat. I guess when you reply "I can't complain" it's actually true

xcheopis

drat. I guess when you reply "I can't complain" it's actually true

I'm sure they do it on purpose, too! :argh:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Mods are all probed time to PARTY

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Mods are all probed time to PARTY

:sandance: idk about u all but I'm about 2 be raging on brown party liquor and posting badly b/c NO MODS NO MASTERS and also nut is asleep too

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Prof. Crocodile

xcheopis posted:

I'm sure they do it on purpose, too! :argh:

Look around friend, you have been whining about work this whole time, only you didn't know it. You see, the power was within you all along. :byob1:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Look around friend, you have been whining about work this whole time, only you didn't know it. You see, the power was within you all along. :byob1:

:love:

cda

by Hand Knit

Spaced God posted:

It's nice to see people who are way funnier than me be creative

I agree that's a nice thing and sometimes I definitely get in that zone but just know that if you ever feel like posting you should go ahead and do it. Not that I am a super funny guy but I am definitely a lot funnier now than I used to be and I owe it all to screwing around in BYOB with people funnier than me.

cda

by Hand Knit
Also, I will say I think the noble Support Poster who keeps the thread rolling by posting in the spirit of the thread until someone can come up with a real good post, is one of the underappreciated heroes of the forums.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

cda posted:

I agree that's a nice thing and sometimes I definitely get in that zone but just know that if you ever feel like posting you should go ahead and do it. Not that I am a super funny guy but I am definitely a lot funnier now than I used to be and I owe it all to screwing around in BYOB with people funnier than me.

i like the change in your book title but imho you are what you say you aren't and thats very modest and good

Areola Grande

BYOB makes u funnier it's true. Stay a while newbie :cheeky:

xcheopis

Prof. Crocodile posted:

! !! !!!

Prof. Crocodile

cda posted:

Also, I will say I think the noble Support Poster who keeps the thread rolling by posting in the spirit of the thread until someone can come up with a real good post, is one of the underappreciated heroes of the forums.

:haibrow:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

cda posted:

Im honestly not funny at all, but I find if I simply keep posting in the "Spirit of BYOB", simple statistics state that I will occasionally, and through no fault of my own, post some hilarious poo poo. That's the secret to byob

Areola Grande

Im honestly not funny at all, but I find if I simply keep posting in the "Spirit of BYOB", simple statistics state that I will occasionally, and through no fault of my own, post some hilarious poo poo. That's the secret to byob

each yobber has a unique gift is how I feel about it. u 4 example have an artistic gift that you've been giving away for free in the name of internet commeraderie with dorks you'll probably never know irl.

I don't even have a computer. I can't work PC miracles. I don't want to! I just demand boners and BYOB makes it happen. My dad says that's my gift

wearing a lampshade

I post

Areola Grande

I posted too much tonight. I blame trashed crew's bad influence on my otherwise Puritan life

:negative:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Im rewatching the hit movie Gravity, which does some things very well, but throws both the lovely Sandra Bullock AND orbital mechanics right out the loving window.

City of Glompton

prepuce repurposed posted:

I posted too much tonight. I blame trashed crew's bad influence on my otherwise Puritan life

no, you posted just the right amount, gj :)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Areola Grande

:)

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

never a thing as too much post. only too much lurk!

Areola Grande

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

never a thing as too much post. only too much lurk!

:kiddo: I agree frend

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

its getting real in here and i love it

post more, lurk more

pour more, sip more

chill more, better feel

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

don't you dare slander the good name of trashed crew you've posted majestically and in the morning (afternoon) light when you re-read this you'll realize

i await your reaction

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

take the moon

by sebmojo

I am 130 am crew I am trashed crew

So much

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

more falafel please

forums poster

it is pretty rad that no one ever asked to see my Posting Credentials to post here

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Spaced God

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

also fun fact i always kinda stayed out of byob because i wasn't entirely sure if it was some weird antifyad in the sense that y'all were ironically chillposting and somewhere secret making fun of the people genuinely chillposting but that was when i first started lurking in high school and was just incredibly afraid of not being in on the joke lmao

more falafel please

forums poster

Spaced God posted:

also fun fact i always kinda stayed out of byob because i wasn't entirely sure if it was some weird antifyad in the sense that y'all were ironically chillposting and somewhere secret making fun of the people genuinely chillposting but that was when i first started lurking in high school and was just incredibly afraid of not being in on the joke lmao

my understanding is that byob has gone through some Iterations and I think at one point that kinda was the case, but currently at least it's just unironically chill. i mean the whole premise is maybe a little silly and people ham it up for jokes but that's not to say it's not sincere

i only started posting here in like may and it's been pretty nice i gotta say

Areola Grande

Byob. it's good...u don't even need to think about irony here. It's like meeting like minded ppl while camping imo

:coolspot:

Khanstant

Spaced God posted:

byob back then was more like fyad for people who didn't really get fyad or its aggressiveness, but thought it was fun to be able to post in all lower case letters, double post, emptyquote, make pointless topics based off of one dumb half-joke or errant thought without probation. the rest of the forums used to be pretty hard-asses about spelling and grammar and posting etiquette and stuff. these days most subforums have a chill chat thread that basically served the role "fyad-lites" served, plus these days you generally only get probed for being a huge rear end in a top hat or something (when its not a goof probe or w/e). LEss because you double posted or didn't read the last XX pages of thread, etc.

more falafel please

forums poster

Byob. it's good...u don't even need to think about irony here. It's like meeting like minded ppl while camping imo

:coolspot:

oh poo poo this reminds me that I'm going camping next weekend at Richard "Dick" Bong Recreation Area

more falafel please

forums poster

Khanstant posted:

byob back then was more like fyad for people who didn't really get fyad or its aggressiveness, but thought it was fun to be able to post in all lower case letters, double post, emptyquote, make pointless topics based off of one dumb half-joke or errant thought without probation. the rest of the forums used to be pretty hard-asses about spelling and grammar and posting etiquette and stuff. these days most subforums have a chill chat thread that basically served the role "fyad-lites" served, plus these days you generally only get probed for being a huge rear end in a top hat or something (when its not a goof probe or w/e). LEss because you double posted or didn't read the last XX pages of thread, etc.

it used to be probeable to post while drunk in gray forums including LF

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

more falafel please posted:

oh poo poo this reminds me that I'm going camping next weekend at Richard "Dick" Bong Recreation Area

gently caress yes

Goons Are Gifts

byob is good

sb hermit

I drank too much gin and ginger ale and apparently passed out for I think 6 hours

now it's 3 am and I threw up and I'm not sleepy at all

it's a strange feeling

Goons Are Gifts

Welcome to the trash, crew!

nut

*is reminded that he hasn't checked anyone's posting credentials since becoming ik* ahahaha ya we never check em haha yeah what was your name again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Goob morbning!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!