Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Solomon David does not, in fact, wonder why he does this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

God loving drat, meti would have disintegrated salami dave if they’d ever met, and wouldn’t have even needed to raise her hands.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

So White Chain's plan was to bitterly disappoint Solomon David with the greatest one-on-one fight he'll ever have, right? Because it looks like she's executed it perfectly.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
She's got him right where she wants him: Beyond minimum safe distance from the crowd.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Don't hate

Detonate

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm pretty sure this counts as out of bounds, guys. She's won on a technicality!!

Now to find a referee with the stones to actually tell their Paternum the news...

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Thank goodness that flick was just the first part of a combo attack.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Not fly

Jump good

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Not fly

Jump good

And a very slow fall. Gravity is afraid of Swolemon Dave.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm pretty sure this counts as out of bounds, guys. She's won on a technicality!!

Now to find a referee with the stones to actually tell their Paternum the news...

white chain was clearly out of bounds first

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

maswastaken posted:

So White Chain's plan was to bitterly disappoint Solomon David with the greatest one-on-one fight he'll ever have, right? Because it looks like she's executed it perfectly.

White Chains plan was to fight and possibly die in pursuit of her ideals for the sake of her own truth and self. And she did execute it perfectly.

edit: Allison's gonna be real pissed about this poo poo and throw a wobbly that's just destructive enough to chip Dave but no one will notice but him before she fucks off with Cio and the Gang. Dave will implode as a result.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

maswastaken posted:

See, I think White Chain needs to convince him to let her and Allison try to change the world, not because she beat him, but because she can't. Nobody is better at murderpunching than Swolemon, and he needs to recognize that this deck is so stacked, he will never lose a fight.

But if they can change the world without being the #1 unstoppable murder machines, if they can do something he never could, then maybe his entire philosophy born of his personal tragedy is flawed and he doesn't need to leave the Celestial Empire to Swolemon II, the Swolening.

Basically, I think the point is that the unstoppable unbeatable god-king martial artist can't be beaten in a martial arts fight. He genuinely is that good! But that doesn't mean he's right about poo poo, that just means he can smugly annihilate people. Incubus was explicitly arguing that violence is the only justice in this world, and Zoss said 'gently caress that, that gets you a dying universe.' Solomon David cannot be beaten head on (right now).

Whatever happens next, I will bet that Solomon David doesn't get bested by violence, at least not by the main characters. I have no idea what else will happen, but I don't think winning a physical fight with Solomon David, by any definition of 'winning a physical fight,' is going to happen.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 18, 2020

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Hold up, is part of the city Dave is overlooking on fire?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I think it's supposed to be just city lights etc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

"Look at my perfect kin- me dammit, Gog." :can:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

No smoke.

Joe Slowboat posted:

See, I think White Chain needs to convince him to let her and Allison try to change the world, not because she beat him, but because she can't. Nobody is better at murderpunching than Swolemon, and he needs to recognize that this deck is so stacked, he will never lose a fight.

But if they can change the world without being the #1 unstoppable murder machines, if they can do something he never could, then maybe his entire philosophy born of his personal tragedy is flawed and he doesn't need to leave the Celestial Empire to Swolemon II, the Swolening.

Basically, I think the point is that the unstoppable unbeatable god-king martial artist can't be beaten in a martial arts fight. He genuinely is that good! But that doesn't mean he's right about poo poo, that just means he can smugly annihilate people. Incubus was explicitly arguing that violence is the only justice in this world, and Zoss said 'gently caress that, that gets you a dying universe.' Solomon David cannot be beaten head on (right now).

Whatever happens next, I will bet that Solomon David doesn't get bested by violence, at least not by the main characters. I have no idea what else will happen, but I don't think winning a physical fight with Solomon David, by any definition of 'winning a physical fight,' is going to happen.

Yep, and Solomon just gave her the opening she needs: he's doing his semi-introspective number where he talks about how a perfect society would not need men like him; now all she needs to do is point out that a tournament system that could only select a Solomon David replacement that's even more Solomonier and Davidier than himself would never give him what he thinks he wants out of it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I can't believe Dave uppercutted White Chain's left rear end cheek

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am not fond of these recent developments
I am not fond of them one bit

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Solomon:
https://youtu.be/Kl3H4vMqYNo

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

look at me, i'm big brain genious salami dave, holding a giant martial arts tournament where i murder everyone and pretend it will end a cycle of violence

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

i hope some day men like me won't need to exist i continue to insist as i turn everyone to bloody pulp in front of a cheering crowd of hundreds of thousands

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Thats not her body

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 18, 2020

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

ElMaligno posted:

Thats not her body

White Chain wins by having her angelic essence in the arena as SolDave flew off. SolDave's technical loss makes him lose it and atomize the essence of White Chain in revenge.

nimby fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 18, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

God loving drat, meti would have disintegrated salami dave if they’d ever met, and wouldn’t have even needed to raise her hands.

He'd have gotten all prettied up for the fight, stepped into the ring, moved to monologue, and then been dead.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

nimby posted:

White Chain wins by having her angelic essence in the arena as SolDave flew off. SolDave's technicall loss makes him lose it and atomize the essence of White Chain in revenge.

Her soul projection demanifested on the previous page

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

She could have manifested again, I'm sure of it. Even the alt text is saying she's got this!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ThaumPenguin posted:

Her soul projection demanifested on the previous page

Someone has never seen a magic trick

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Alright WC you got him right where you want him

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

habeasdorkus posted:

He'd have gotten all prettied up for the fight, stepped into the ring, moved to monologue, and then been dead.

Nah, she'd have laughed at his philosophy and destroyed his ego.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

habeasdorkus posted:

I’m not even talking about a fight, it makes sense now why this chapter had a bunch of Meti flashbacks earlier on, because Dave represents everything she despised in warriors.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

David and Incubus (and Maya) are all people whose hands have become swords. We got Meti content because this chapter is about separating ‘power’ from ‘strength’ and Meti is someone who had immense power but realized it was worthless.

What all of them have in common is that the only way they can imagine the world is one where violence is everything. It’s all Solomon David can trust, it’s all Incubus can imagine, it’s all Maya has left. White Chain isn’t powerful enough to beat Solomon David, but she was willing to stand up and fight, and lose, to be true to what she knows is right. Maya has a whole monologue about how a wiser, braver person than she is would do that, instead of rotting while Incubus grows stronger and stronger.

The sword is poison, and the King of Swords is poisoned by it.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
If Salami Dave wanted someone powerful enough to take his place he could literally just teach someone ki rata lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm starting to think he's kind of a dick tbh

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Magnus Manfist posted:

If Salami Dave wanted someone powerful enough to take his place he could literally just teach someone ki rata lol

Or just make a perfect successor from scratch.

I feel like this is going to turn into some kind of “can an omnipotent god make a rock that he himself cannot lift?”-type situation. Like, it’s going to be the piercing question White Chain poses to him in the next few pages, building off of her earlier comment about how he’s caged himself: for all of his grand displays of power, he just can’t learn to sit back and let it go.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

7 Vaganias Walks On Land In Silence

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Another possibility for how Dave's theory is flawed: Anyone who could best him physically in this tournament (like Meti) would never enter it and wouldn't want his kingdom even if they won.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
it would be a pretty Royal move to win the tournament and then just leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

nimby posted:

White Chain wins by having her angelic essence in the arena as SolDave flew off. SolDave's technical loss makes him lose it and atomize the essence of White Chain in revenge.

Solomon David was not a contestant, he is not bound by the same rules as they were. He can only be bested by drawing blood. You cannot rules lawyer when the rules are clearly on his side.