Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I didn’t visit World until I started working there, but Disney Adventures magazine made it sound scary as poo poo and I had nightmares as a kid based on just the description.

And now HHN is my favorite time of the year. Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's Tough to be a Xenomorph

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

couldcareless posted:

Man it sucks that I still haven't gotten to do Rise.
That drat ride better be fully intact at the end of this lovely tunnel.

We regret to inform you it is now the dumping ground for the Song of the South. It is now called The Rise of the South

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alien adventure was amazing and as a 12 year old me and my parents always broke down laughing at the other kids my age who were having meltdowns about going on it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I had fun screaming on it, but I felt bad for the poor little kids whose parents kept dragging them onto it despite the many warning sides outside the attraction. RIP Alien Encounter, I miss you

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Quixotic1 posted:

Anyone know how Medieval Time and Pirates Adventure are dealing with this?

Looks like Medieval Times is reopening around local schedules. The Kissimmee one opened on July 5th; 50% capacity and parties are being seated at least 6 feet apart.

No mention of plague doctor masks though.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Because Pandora went in the old spot marked for a mythical beasts expansion, put a show themed to that poo poo in the Bug theatre. I can’t really think of a better place for dragons than the base of some magic tree dividing Asia and Africa, since the two continents have different ideas of dragons and the European stereotype is a mixture of the two.

People respond way better to dragons and unicorns and poo poo than they do spiders and scorpions. By putting a Sasquatch in Everest they opened the door to this some time ago.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 18, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Because Pandora went in the old spot marked for a mythical beasts expansion, put a show themed to that poo poo in the Bug theatre. I can’t really think of a better place for dragons than the base of some magic tree dividing Asia and Africa, since the two continents have different ideas of dragons and the European stereotype is a mixture of the two.

People respond way better to dragons and unicorns and poo poo than they do spiders and scorpions. By putting a Sasquatch in Everest they opened the door to this some time ago.

I'm still holding out hope for Beastly Kingdom some day.

You could easily do something without an IP (hahahahaha), like a toned-down Rivers of Light within the theater. Expand on it, give actors parts, etc. Really give out that feeling of Oneness. Because where better for that than the root of the Tree of Life?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I’m going to bed but I’m a former Alien Encounter cast member, give me your questions

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I’m not sure what kind of experience Alien Encounter was, but generally any Disney ride that operates in complete darkness and doesn’t thrash you about the way Dinosaur does will become the place for the kids to do drugs and perverted poo poo. Or maybe that’s a west coast cultural thing less frequent in Florida.

I’m kind of surprised the company wasn’t forced to shut it down under “somebody touched me inappropriately” reports.

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
What kid can afford to got to Disney to do "drugs and perverted poo poo". And why would they go to Disney.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

netBuff posted:

What kid can afford to got to Disney to do "drugs and perverted poo poo". And why would they go to Disney.

Like I said, it might be a west coast thing. Adventures Thru Inner Space taught everyone about neutrons and weed in equal measure until it was closed for Star Tours in the 80s.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

netBuff posted:

Grad Night at Disneyland is pretty notorious for it

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
My mom was an Irvine native in her teens. I'm pretty sure she called it Adventures Through Intercourse at least one time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’d love to trip shrooms and hang out in Star Wars world all day

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Land and World obviously aren't totally different, but they have completely different vibes.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The biggest difference to me is the crew. Land's overall average is higher because it has a bunch of lifers as well as people who are in the gig for more than a few years during college, but World also has some outstanding people who have worked hardest of anyone I've encountered, often in the less prestigious jobs there. Like I would say crowd control and custodial are often better at World precisely because fewer of the people in the job have been in a rut doing it for many years continuously.

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

netBuff posted:

I Disneyland jailed some absolute shithead OC affluenza teens who'd egged on a couple in their group to repeatedly jump out of ride vehicles. Security managers flipped their poo poo because they had just kicked out the entire group of 15ish kids only an hour earlier. Another $90 each and trespass meant nothing to them. Eat the rich and slide the OC coast straight into the ocean.

Also, Grad Nite, as mentioned. I remember at least one enterprising soul selling fake pills to kids from other schools with predictable result.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I’ve also heard Night of Joy, the Christian event, is also a very popular time for teens to bone down at Disney.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pththya-lyi posted:

I had fun screaming on it, but I felt bad for the poor little kids whose parents kept dragging them onto it despite the many warning sides outside the attraction. RIP Alien Encounter, I miss you

The little kids yes that was always kinda messed up to see. But the older ones who would go from acting tough to nearly pissing themselves on the ride and then crying as they were leaving was always good people watching.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The very prominent “No Blowjobs” cam at the start of the Peoplemover makes me laugh every time.

Like, I’m a very happily married man, and there are periods of darkness on the track, but they aren’t that long and if anybody is out there getting that done I would like their number

Hazo fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 18, 2020

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hi from MK

https://twitter.com/cchard/status/1284517086576943105?s=21

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

You are not helping my FOMO.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

You are not helping my FOMO.

You and I are both too sick to go, Braks. We'll be back soon.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spaceship Earth is where u go to get handsy

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Spaceship earth is where I go to nap, Dame Judi Dench can lull me to sleep any day

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Why are the parks so empty? Is Disney really clamping down on attendance?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Virtue posted:

Because most people don't want to risk their lives or their friends/family lives for a Dole whip.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Pandemics tend to put a damper on eagerness to attend theme parks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Attendance capped, reservations required, global pandemic, national unemployment at 30-40%, Florida is currently the hottest zone in the world for spread. Take your pick.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

International travel bans probably not helping, either.

Please don't die for Mickey.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Virtue posted:

They have capped attendance but reservations are available for most parks on most days for resort guests and single day tickets (DHS is the quickist to fill). The only group filling up are the APs. They could probably let more APs in but attendance would still be light.

Anyway so I saw a stand selling spring rolls and I thought that sounded nice.

https://twitter.com/cchard/status/1284596444591263750?s=21

Why Disney? Why?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Holy poo poo they brought back the cheeseburger egg rolls. That's like the Batman signal for loving Tim Tracker.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Bring back the cheeseburger pods at satuli you jerks.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Those cheeseburger egg rolls are god tier. They're the best of the ones that stand cycles, but they're small as hell for the price.

And also bring back the vegetable pods at Satuli. My fiance loved em.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I know that's a travesty from any view that respects international cuisine, but also, a pepperoni pizza spring roll sounds pretty great.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Wait. The pods are gone from Satuli!?!?!

NNOOOOO

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

BlueBayou posted:

Wait. The pods are gone from Satuli!?!?!

NNOOOOO

Last time I was there they were just on the kids menu.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Hazo posted:

The very prominent “No Blowjobs” cam at the start of the Peoplemover makes me laugh every time.

Like, I’m a very happily married man, and there are periods of darkness on the track, but they aren’t that long and if anybody is out there getting that done I would like their number

Pirates has one right at the crest of the drop so you can make sure the boats go down the drop smoothly, but I’ll never forget my friend yelling “DONG! I SEE DONG!” from the tower position to a crowded break room.

Everyone always said Night of Joy was worse for catching couples than Grad Night ever was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Holy poo poo they brought back the cheeseburger egg rolls. That's like the Batman signal for loving Tim Tracker.

Lmao I was gonna say