Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Love it when people out themselves as not being on the private server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Just ten cosmics so far but working on two more

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im showing i had 1563 hours of MH played, though i only had two cosmics by shutdown (squirrel girl and spidey). i did have a few others go around the block a few times though. cap, iron man, juggernaut, magneto, cyclops, jean grey, venom, all prestiged at least twice. maybe some others? the roster was so big i can barely remember who i played, since it was a lot of them.

Relax Or DIE posted:

gonna change the thread title to Marvel Heroes: It's Back!

we all spent more time posting than playing so in essence the game was never really gone

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Their "forgot your password" system doesn't work. I enter my username, my email, it doesn't work. And I can't PM the admins/mods for help because I can't log in!

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Whoever is taking the shift as the switch flipper this week could you please turn on midtown madness thanks!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

more like

midtown badness

:c00l:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

6,371 hours with everyone cosmic

What the...I'm missing 6 cheevos??? Fire the servers back up!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I hate everyone who bumps this thread and gives me a shred of hope.

You could always unfollow it, you know.

According to my library I have 1,535 hours played. I don't recall how many cosmics I had, but it was probably around a dozen. And like Loz, I'm missing six achievements: the three PVP achievements, killing the Sinister Clones 100 times and Surtur 50 times, and doing the Ultron thing in under 8 minutes.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

2387 hours played.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Played for an estimated, sry all I am not in front of my pc, but probably like, 200 hours and I cosmic todayed everybody and had all the costumes. I would not recommend the game to play it is terrible *logs in for 10,000 hours and leaves steam review not recommended*

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

gonna change the thread title to Marvel Heroes: It's Back!

Do it. You KNOW there's a private server somewhere, with goons playing.

FastestGunAlive posted:

See?

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
Does the private server have a private switch flipper

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Switch flipper is publicly owned. Did you miss the IPO?

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Somehow I never got the cow level achievement. And apparently there was a PVP mode in the game - who knew?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Went to SteamDB to get my played hours count and was gutted

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Baby Proof posted:

Somehow I never got the cow level achievement. And apparently there was a PVP mode in the game - who knew?

About a dozen people.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I was at 2022 hours. Kinda funny you can still install the game from Steam.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think I played the pvp mode like twice and it was purely so another goon could get their pvp achievements.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Protip: I think you can still run the launcher and rack up hours played

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Protip: I think you can still run the launcher and rack up hours played

Peak Gaz right there.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baby Proof posted:

And apparently there was a PVP mode in the game

ok now the jokes have gone too far. come on

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I did the pvp mode a few times and it was kind of fun.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

I did the pvp mode a few times and it was kind of fun.

It's better now than it's ever been before.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I feel ashamed I only have 1571 hours spent and around 1000 bucks spent on the game.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Diabetic posted:

I feel ashamed I only have 1571 hours spent and around 1000 bucks spent on the game.

thats more than an hour of gameplay per dollar. thats the kind of deal that's one in a gazillion

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Just a reminder for everyone that http://marvelheroes.info/ is still online and completely functional 3 years later

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the russian side of it has a forum with one active thread that uncannily mirrors this one, from the nostalgic hopes that a city of heroes rebirth might happen right down to an idiot trying to get everyone to just start playing destiny 2 instead.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
wow, what's "cosmic today" in russian?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Is there an actual private server or is that just a thread in-joke? Asking for a friend.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

ZearothK posted:

Is there an actual private server or is that just a thread in-joke? Asking for a friend.

Laughing at this guy who isn't cosmic todaying today

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

ZearothK posted:

It's a joke because I'm too lovable not to be in it if it is real.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Unfortunately a private server wasn’t really tenable. We had to rig it up as offline single player and you can kinda LAN in directly to people on your friends list

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

:gaz: Sax intro :gaz:

Check baby, check baby, 1 2 3 4 / Check baby, check baby 1 2 3
Check baby, check baby 1, 2 / Check baby, check baby one...
It's called the rump shaker!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Diabetic posted:

It's a joke because I'm too lovable not to be in it if it is real.

check your PMs

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Mover posted:

Unfortunately a private server wasn’t really tenable. We had to rig it up as offline single player and you can kinda LAN in directly to people on your friends list

it is too bad they didn't just dump a single player version on us, hell, I would have paid for it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Thread title is mean

I have

and when i saw the thread title i did a 360 and got ready to reinstall

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I don't know if I'm on the right one, the private server I'm on looks and plays an awful lot like Path Of Exile. What's the IP?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

yikes! posted:

check your PMs

Nice try, I don't have PMs but I do have a AIM gmail account!

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I had a dream I was playing this game on a private server and I was overjoyed it was back. Then I woke up and realized there is no private server :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I had a dream I was playing this game on a private server and I was overjoyed it was back. Then I woke up and realized there is no private server :(

don't make me tap the thread title