Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Communist Thoughts posted:

its such an astonishingly good return on investment you'd be negligent to not bribe politicians in the UK

Jenrick’s even better bang for the buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

meh

DGC773 has issued a correction as of 17:46 on Jul 14, 2020

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Kek, really? Also,because there's corruption in the rest of the world the UK shouldn't be scrutinised in the loving c-spam uk thread?

Wtf.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

NGC773 posted:

TOP KEK m8. Check out how much bribery happens in the rest of the world before saying the UK is so corrupt.

*looks at rest of world*

the UK is corrupt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

NGC773 posted:

TOP KEK m8. Check out how much bribery happens in the rest of the world before saying the UK is so corrupt.

gently caress off pissflaps

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

the last five years have been a hell of an education in the facts that better things are possible and people's opinions and demands of their society can change for the better, but I'm still not sure how someone can become such a catastrophe of a person that they'll actually argue that anything better than Somalia and/or an active genocide shouldn't be criticised as long as Somalia and/or genocide exist

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

NGC773 posted:

Note that you are giving neither examples nor numbers.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why would such a high-impact poster stoop to the level of "facts" and "good faith arguments" when there's lazy trolling to be had

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Christ you're a bore aren't you?

Other countries being more corrupt doesn't stop the UK being very corrupt, especially when a lot of our corruption is legal.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Spangly A posted:

the last five years have been a hell of an education in the facts that better things are possible and people's opinions and demands of their society can change for the better, but I'm still not sure how someone can become such a catastrophe of a person that they'll actually argue that anything better than Somalia and/or an active genocide shouldn't be criticised as long as Somalia and/or genocide exist

what did Somalia do to you?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

PawParole posted:

what did Somalia do to you?

oh nothing, sometimes if you jump in front of the right-wing bingo it forces them to try and make an argument they didn't learn thirdhand from fox news

Am I out of date? Somalia spent a few years as the go-to country for ridiculous comparison/ "this is what the left wants"/ "actually we're better than other places so you should never criticise glorious britannia" and so on. Ilhan Omar seems cool so I assumed it's still a relevant take when people start going on with pathetic shite like ncg

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Spangly A posted:

oh nothing, sometimes if you jump in front of the right-wing bingo it forces them to try and make an argument they didn't learn thirdhand from fox news

Am I out of date? Somalia spent a few years as the go-to country for ridiculous comparison/ "this is what the left wants"/ "actually we're better than other places so you should never criticise glorious britannia" and so on. Ilhan Omar seems cool so I assumed it's still a relevant take when people start going on with pathetic shite like ncg

It's Venezuela now.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Spangly A posted:

It's still a fair take IMO, they are a bit better but not massively so. Lybia's a good one too.

Venezuela isn't really fair or all that similar I think. Not much libertarianism to be had there.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

so what's on the docket for c-spam today. i was thinking of maybe going to work at some point, grabbing a free school lunch, maybe do a few sketches, and because this is the funny politics forum the IWW is putting an online introductory workshop for women and non-binary new members/old members who don't know what's going on from 7pm brit time. if anyone in 269 is in the UK and the IWW and a woman/non-binary they can join and everyone should join the one big union anyway ok :peace:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Grayling losing the chair of the Intelligence committee is delightful. The whole affair is simply splendid.

https://twitter.com/stigabell/status/1283460840059002885?s=21

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Man Who Knew Too Little

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Dom and BoJo are loving LIVID about losing that rigged election. Can't wait to see the Russia Report :munch:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1283734568005181441?s=20

this is going to undermine Prime Minister Corbyn's leadership

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
can't believe corbyn antisemiticly got the russians to hack the tories so he could lie about them selling the nhs

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I can't believe Jeremy Corbyn got high with Putin and sang IRA songs while dancing like a bear with a woman's bra and panties on over his suit :mad:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

crispix posted:

I can't believe Jeremy Corbyn got high with Putin and sang IRA songs while dancing like a bear with a woman's bra and panties on over his suit :mad:

stop spreading false rumours

they were clearly antisemitic IRA songs he was dancing to

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

therattle posted:

Grayling losing the chair of the Intelligence committee is delightful. The whole affair is simply splendid.

https://twitter.com/stigabell/status/1283460840059002885?s=21

wait what they hosed up getting him in a position to gently caress up? is there a decent writeup about this somewhere?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

V. Illych L. posted:

wait what they hosed up getting him in a position to gently caress up? is there a decent writeup about this somewhere?

This summarises the whole delightful episode pretty well

https://www.theweek.co.uk/107539/chris-grayling-intelligence-committee-coup

It's beautiful.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thanks for that

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Oh, it’s my pleasure.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Thank god Failing Grayling didn't get it. He is the most incompetent MP in the Commons right now. So many gently caress ups when he was SofS. Has this guy done anything well

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

NGC773 posted:

Thank god Failing Grayling didn't get it. He is the most incompetent MP in the Commons right now. So many gently caress ups when he was SofS. Has this guy done anything well

he held down the euroskeptic wing for theresa may as well as could be expected, but i can recall nowhere in actual governance that he didn't set new standards of incompetence

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The entire raison d'etre of Graylings existence is to force people to look one way while the rest of the government does some real shady poo poo while peoples heads are turned.

They all know he is a simple minded fool, but even the government didn't think he was so utterly incompetent that he could not even win a rigged election.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
What I’m always baffled by are quotes referring to his supporters. Who in gently caress supports Chris Grayling? I think they put him in the cabinet just to make everyone else look good in comparison.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

therattle posted:

What I’m always baffled by are quotes referring to his supporters. Who in gently caress supports Chris Grayling? I think they put him in the cabinet just to make everyone else look good in comparison.

I guess his supporters are the people who want to look good by comparison. :)

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

i just thought this was funny is all

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 15:33 on Jul 18, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Imagine the sort of horrible poo poo you'd have to have done to be that desperate to cling to life :stare:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

He looks like grampa from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

In other news for those who haven't heard, Boris Johnson gets sexually aroused by fox hunting

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
In the 2005 piece, Mr Johnson said he “loved” hunting with dogs, in part because of the “semi-sexual relation with the horse” and the “military-style pleasure” of moving as a unit.

gonna gently caress that horse in an ss uniform

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Everyone said he was the UK version of Donny, turns out he was the UK version of Pence...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

i just thought this was funny is all

He looks like that one meme picture of the crying cat.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
A rictus is a smile of sorts, i suppose

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1284154459203960837?s=20

Terrible

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i learned not to step on people's necks when i was learning to be a bouncer for a piece of poo poo bar, it always blows my mind that the actual police have a lower standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!
https://twitter.com/MatthewFDonald/status/1283438298229354497?s=20