Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

With the "Sadistic Boss Multiplier" Perk and Quirk, what does that do exactly? Does the multiplier affect XP gained from boss kills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It increases the Number you get from how many bosses you've defeated.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ghostlight posted:

It increases the Number you get from how many bosses you've defeated.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!

azsedcf
Jul 21, 2006

...a place of unlimited darkness.
"Where are the doors?" they asked nerviously.
Even my bellowing laughter couldn't fill this space.
Is there a way to resize the steam ngu window?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
More of an incremental than an idler, but Soda Dungeon 2 is out on Steam now

https://store.steampowered.com/app/946050/Soda_Dungeon_2/

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Sorta lost my "fizz" trying out on mobile, maybe it has a little more "steam" on PC.

I'm sorry.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Black Griffon posted:

Sorta lost my "fizz" trying out on mobile, maybe it has a little more "steam" on PC.

I'm sorry.

Got em.

I also got kinda bored of the game on mobile. I played a lot of the first one, and the sequel seems like it's that but with some new mechanics, but idk if not enough changed in the formula or what but I got sick of restarting runs and hiring/equipping everyone before missions so I dropped off after 5 or 6 rebirths.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
It eventually boils down to that same routine ultimately, but several of the boss fights along the way are interesting to come up with strategy for.

Also, you can use Cheat Engine and speedhack through the grind parts once those lose their luster and start taking an hour or 2.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

KazigluBey posted:

NGU good, I'm just maybe burned out a little, idk, but progress hasn't felt as rewarding as it was in Normal/Evil for me. :shrug:

Agreed. NGU is one of the better idlers out there. Sadly sadistic didn't really add much to the game, and the last few updates has just been more perks/quirks/wishes, presumably to appease the vocal elite at the top of progression?
It feels NGU has run its course, at least for me.

Its a shame there are so few "paradigm shifts" or big QOL features or whatever you want to call them. One of the benefits to going to a new difficulty should be that some previous feature is entirely automated. There was a wish to automatically train AA but thats it.
Why do i still, after 2,5 years, need to double check that my diggers are capped before i eat fruit? Why not let highest possible xp/pp fruit count?
Why do i need to equip items i want leveled before i use the money pit? Why can't it just level all items in my inventory?
Why is it not possible to see how many levels per sec you gain in an NGU for those times when you are unable to BB but want to maximize your resource efficiency?
Why do i, after my 1300th rebirth and far progress into Sadistic, still need to wait for 6min15s every rebirth to be able to properly start the rebirth? Why not let everything be unlocked from the start of a rebirth by the time you get to sadistic?
Why can't gold diggers be capped automatically? Based on your gold/sec in the current rebirth of course, but just have the game hit the cap button every minute for the first hour of the rebirth or whatever

It is really bad form that after stating there would be no more evolutions of Pendant and Looty there was another iteration added in the latest patch. I could have had an extra lvl 100 of each to evolve but chose not to since he said there would be no more iterations of them. There should be some responsibility to stick to promises, particularly when there is money involved, but apparently it is ok since everything in this game is ~IRONIC~

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

It is really bad form that after stating there would be no more evolutions of Pendant and Looty there was another iteration added in the latest patch. I could have had an extra lvl 100 of each to evolve but chose not to since he said there would be no more iterations of them. There should be some responsibility to stick to promises, particularly when there is money involved, but apparently it is ok since everything in this game is ~IRONIC~

So just memory edit the game and fix the problem.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ineptitude posted:

Agreed. NGU is one of the better idlers out there. Sadly sadistic didn't really add much to the game, and the last few updates has just been more perks/quirks/wishes, presumably to appease the vocal elite at the top of progression?

Its a shame there are so few "paradigm shifts" or big QOL features or whatever you want to call them. One of the benefits to going to a new difficulty should be that some previous feature is entirely automated. There was a wish to automatically train AA but thats it.
Why do i still, after 2,5 years, need to double check that my diggers are capped before i eat fruit? Why not let highest possible xp/pp fruit count?
Why do i need to equip items i want leveled before i use the money pit? Why can't it just level all items in my inventory?
Why is it not possible to see how many levels per sec you gain in an NGU for those times when you are unable to BB but want to maximize your resource efficiency?
Why do i, after my 1300th rebirth and far progress into Sadistic, still need to wait for 6min15s every rebirth to be able to properly start the rebirth? Why not let everything be unlocked from the start of a rebirth by the time you get to sadistic?
Why can't gold diggers be capped automatically? Based on your gold/sec in the current rebirth of course, but just have the game hit the cap button every minute for the first hour of the rebirth or whatever

congratulations on completing the transformation into the gamer with thousands of hours that leaves a negative review

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Samuringa posted:

congratulations on completing the transformation into the gamer with thousands of hours that leaves a negative review

lol gently caress

the poop pendant doesn't ascend, right?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Slickdrac posted:

It eventually boils down to that same routine ultimately, but several of the boss fights along the way are interesting to come up with strategy for.

Also, you can use Cheat Engine and speedhack through the grind parts once those lose their luster and start taking an hour or 2.

The upgrade that speeds up gameplay really doesn't speed things up enough. I "beat" the mobile version last night and it's still just okay

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Yeah, when I realized just how long I had to spend just running the game on screen I really lost interest. It'd have to be way faster by default for me to consider trying it again, and way faster with a paid upgrade.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Don't just dismiss criticisms out of hand you idiots. 4G can defend himself.

Getting into sadistic for a little while and there's not much to do besides farming PP/QP, casting cards and repeating. New zones pop up once in a while, but it is still slow going.

I do know this latest Looty and Pendant are the last last ones, and upgrading them appears to produce something needed for the "end" of NGU. I also hear that 4G might at least eventually put in a feature for IH, which I would love as it might give me something else to toy with.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

those all sound like valid complaints that tell me stopping at evil would be okay

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

One of the benefits to going to a new difficulty should be that some previous feature is entirely automated. There was a wish to automatically train AA but thats it.

These are fair points. I'm nearly done evil and gonna push sad soon. I wish there were equivalents to the ability to completely ignore/autoset features like Basic Training and Adv Training once you've progressed enough.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
has anyone posted https://www.forgeandfortune.com/ yet? It's a sort of idle crafting management game, but it's pretty active to play. Lots of filling up bars and systems to dig into. Also there was an earlier version that i guess they revamped and relaunched with here.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'm getting started in Evil and I'm kind of having some "well what's the point?" feelings. My stats (base / with typical gear):

Energy Power 23K / 30M
Energy Cap 2B / 167B
Energy Bars 22.6K / 9.6M

Magic Power 3.2K / 2.2M
Magic Cap 549M / 51B
Magic Bars 14.6K / 5.4M

I've got Welcome to Evil and thought I was pretty well set but I'm still dicking around in the 2D World bosses because everything is so slow- I feel like I could go back and farm XP, QP, and PP for a couple of weeks in Normal but that sounds really, really boring, just spending a lot of time not actually accomplishing anything in order to set up Evil being a little bit easier. Am I doing something terribly wrong here?

E: the Evil Quirks for +2 Energy Wandoos levels and +2 Magic Wandoos levels costing 69 QP if you buy one of each is just :discourse: , hats off 4G.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 18, 2020

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Ineptitude posted:

Also I think many of these would make good AP store upgrades, in the spirit of like the Yggdrasil alert light or the Lazy ITOPOD Floor Shifter, and would also suggest Gold Digger Loadouts as another one I'd love to buy (since you don't always have enough GPS to cap everything you'd like).

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Today I stopped playing Antimatter Dimensions as I found going to Eternities and needing to do fiddly challenges again too annoying. It was very entertaining game until that point, even if it is wildly swingy in "idle / active gameplay" axis.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Banemaster posted:

Today I stopped playing Antimatter Dimensions as I found going to Eternities and needing to do fiddly challenges again too annoying. It was very entertaining game until that point, even if it is wildly swingy in "idle / active gameplay" axis.

I really enjoy that wild axis and probably why AD is my favorite idler, though I also quit when the Time Studies were introduced - which is endgame so pretty much the right time.

5 Hours To Update is an interesting lite version of that, and Ordinal Markup, which I am currently playing, also has heavy vibes from it.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

I've got Welcome to Evil and thought I was pretty well set but I'm still dicking around in the 2D World bosses because everything is so slow- I feel like I could go back and farm XP, QP, and PP for a couple of weeks in Normal but that sounds really, really boring, just spending a lot of time not actually accomplishing anything in order to set up Evil being a little bit easier. Am I doing something terribly wrong here?

Note that there's no point in going back to Normal for XP/QP/PP. You are still killing Titans just as well as before and your Yggdrasil Fruit isn't affected either - so you should be getting XP at pretty much the same rate. Similarly, your quests aren't affected by being in Evil, so QP is the same. And your PP intake should be significantly higher in Evil than before since you get a huge boost to the base. For NGU levels you can just switch back to leveling the Normal NGUs at any time.

Basically I'd suggest to keep pushing in Evil. Make sure you are doing Evil Basic Challenges - you get a big boost to Adventure stats as you complete them and there's no reason not to be doing them.

Also it looks like your Magic Power base is pretty low in comparison to the other stats. Based on your base Magic Cap, your base Magic Power should be closer to like 13-14K, not 3.2K as you listed. I know people have different ideal levels of investment between Energy and Magic, but it's a good rule of thumb to try to spend approximately the same amount of EXP on the Power and Cap stats within a resource type at least.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I would like to thank and curse this thread for this one year anniversary

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
In Evil for NGU, is it relatively normal to make it up to JRPGville, etc while i'm only just at the point of being able to autokill the godmother?

I kinda feel like i've misoptimised somewhere seeing as i've nowhere near the stats to head there in adventure mode yet.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you're keeping with the 24hr rebirths to build up fruit bonuses, beard passive levels etc. then yeah, your NUMBER going up from that is going to mean your boss kills outpace your adventure stats for a fair while.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Samuringa posted:

I really enjoy that wild axis and probably why AD is my favorite idler, though I also quit when the Time Studies were introduced - which is endgame so pretty much the right time.

5 Hours To Update is an interesting lite version of that, and Ordinal Markup, which I am currently playing, also has heavy vibes from it.

I just found Distance Idle a couple days ago and it is extremely antimatter dimensions inspired. Fun too, though you can go through just about everything real quick.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Kin posted:

In Evil for NGU, is it relatively normal to make it up to JRPGville, etc while i'm only just at the point of being able to autokill the godmother?

I kinda feel like i've misoptimised somewhere seeing as i've nowhere near the stats to head there in adventure mode yet.

No that's perfectly normal. Progress in the game is basically gated by the Adventure stats, not your actual Number/bosses.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I was bummed at how slow Evil NGUs are (especially just starting out right now) til I realized that Evil NGUs are multiplied by the Normal NGUs and not simply added on to the Normal NGU bonus- I've got 181% Evil NGU Augment and my Augments are now nearly twice as good as they were before heading into Evil! That's... much, much better and more helpful than I thought.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is there anything I'm missing with Drop Chance? I'm getting really close to being able to manual Boring-rear end Earth but my drop chance is only about 2% near the tail end of my 24h RB when I'm idling BDW so BAE is going to take forever. I'm close to upgrading my Lootington and I can probably get to a tier 4 infinity cube soon but other than that I don't see any easy upgrades to drop other than very slow NGU grinding.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there anything I'm missing with Drop Chance? I'm getting really close to being able to manual Boring-rear end Earth but my drop chance is only about 2% near the tail end of my 24h RB when I'm idling BDW so BAE is going to take forever. I'm close to upgrading my Lootington and I can probably get to a tier 4 infinity cube soon but other than that I don't see any easy upgrades to drop other than very slow NGU grinding.

In addition to Lootington you also want the Ascended pendants (you can equip multiple levels at once) and the ring from UUG, and the Drop Chance Gold Digger can help a lot, too.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Did the basic NGU challenge, and 1500 xp is so much compared to what I had, so now I have no idea what to use it for. What's my best bet?

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jul 19, 2020

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Anfauglir posted:

I just found Distance Idle a couple days ago and it is extremely antimatter dimensions inspired. Fun too, though you can go through just about everything real quick.

Looks pretty neat so far. Only problem is that the green buttons are hard as gently caress to read.
E: Oh cool it has different modes baked in and the EXTREME mode has a new feature apparently.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 19, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
yeah what's with the modes how does that work

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Eldercain posted:

yeah what's with the modes how does that work

I assume it's like the Antimatter Dimension NG++++++ mods, you pick a mode and start over.
Yeah just tried it and activating extreme mode starts the game over with another button and some time modifier to make it slower.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Extreme mode feels very glitchy, as costs shown randomly jump upwards (or, even worse, do not update to correct value at all but still require the unshown value).

Banemaster fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jul 19, 2020

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Anfauglir said you go through content pretty fast, but in the changelog it looks like there's about 6 more prestige layers. Anyone know how long it takes to finish currently? I just hit Pm distance.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

GrossMurpel posted:

Anfauglir said you go through content pretty fast, but in the changelog it looks like there's about 6 more prestige layers. Anyone know how long it takes to finish currently? I just hit Pm distance.

I went through everything but the last prestige layer in two or three days, but I'm also doing nothing except loving about on the internet right now. Probably no more than a week or two if you actually have a job and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Anfauglir posted:

I went through everything but the last prestige layer in two or three days, but I'm also doing nothing except loving about on the internet right now. Probably no more than a week or two if you actually have a job and poo poo.

Oh that's pretty good then. I thought you meant it takes less than a day, like Paperclips.