Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Oof, I was really killing it with a Grombrindle ME campaign and then I hit some bug where anytime I tried to recruit a Lord my game crashed.

I’ve actually been playing this on a work computer, and I’m leaving that company next week so I don’t have a machine to play it on. I checked and since mid June I’ve played about 160 hours. So I’d say I got my money’s worth.

I’ll probably buy a gaming PC sometime early next year, so maybe I’ll just make sure to do it before WHTW3 comes out.

It's because you have Gotrek dead in your lord pool apparently. It has been said that if you assign him to an already existing army this will fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Having the same bug as dwarves. Chose the slayer king and have several lords. Any time clicking on the lord recruit button freezes the game every time. Ugh, it was a good run as well.

Edit: I’ll have to try that fix. Thanks!

Nash fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 18, 2020

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Twigand Berries posted:

It's because you have Gotrek dead in your lord pool apparently. It has been said that if you assign him to an already existing army this will fix it.

How can I assign him to anything if he’s wounded?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i really hope CA do a beastmen update soon, the beastmen are (sadly appropriately for their lore) the most overlooked faction in warhammer fantasy. and when they do the update I hope they spruce up khazrak's stats and skill tree, he is a very cool character but is just undertuned right now.

heres some random screenshots:

tfw the rock hits

taurox the brass bull from mixu's legendary lords, a very cool lord if you want to watch a big minotaur trash everything. for a game 1 unit the minotaurs have great animations, but i really can't wait to see what CA will do with the combat animations for a beastmen dlc lord

exploding elves by yelling

khazrak after doing that cool ninja duel move where one guy slides in half

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I know diplomacy in this game is weird, but...

Thanks Grimgor!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

How can I assign him to anything if he’s wounded?

I guess you wait until he’s not \o/

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
So I was playing this via Steam Family Share, and then I bought it. My ME Reikland game is now locked away. The game file text is red on the load menu and when I mouse over it says I can't play because it was created with DLC I don't own - Welves, Chaos, Vampirates, some others. I'm upset and in part because I didn't expect any of those to matter. I bought and/or downloaded every Empire-related DLC, including Total War Access stuff and everything from Warhammer 1. The strangest thing to me is a multiplayer co-op game (Nakai/Grimgor) I started when using Family Share continues to load and play hunky-dory now that I bought my own copy.

Is there One Weird Trick to getting my Empire game back (that is not "buy the missing DLCs")? A save editor I can consult?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

So I was playing this via Steam Family Share, and then I bought it. My ME Reikland game is now locked away. The game file text is red on the load menu and when I mouse over it says I can't play because it was created with DLC I don't own - Welves, Chaos, Vampirates, some others. I'm upset and in part because I didn't expect any of those to matter. I bought and/or downloaded every Empire-related DLC, including Total War Access stuff and everything from Warhammer 1. The strangest thing to me is a multiplayer co-op game (Nakai/Grimgor) I started when using Family Share continues to load and play hunky-dory now that I bought my own copy.

Is there One Weird Trick to getting my Empire game back (that is not "buy the missing DLCs")? A save editor I can consult?

Did you try the checkbox at the bottom that says something like "Enable all saves"? That works for mods but I have no clue if it will work for DLC.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thanks Grimgor!

Yeah that's the old bugg when VC can vassalise factions that normaly shouldn't be willing to accept.
Just last campaign as Sylvania I could make both strength rank 2 Eltharion my vassal as well as rank 4 Mors, just out of the blue.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
If anyone is having a hankering to play a Chaos game (I know, we all get it, right? RIGHT?!), Aekold Helbrass using Mixu's mod is actually a pretty good way to do Chaos. Starts at the Palace of Princes, so fairly isolated with a few options for how you want to do it. His campaign goals involve primarily razing major cities on the eastern half of the map for cool bonuses. He has a fairly boring looking skillset (small AE ranged root spell, single target powerful heal spell), but his passive casualty replenishment bonuses and attrition protection actually make a huge difference in how the early game goes. Plus, once you get Egrimm... well, he's a dragon riding powerhouse spellcaster, in the mold of Mannfred and Malekith. Highly recommended!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Something Mixu related I just found: there's a mod that gives Teclis a confederation dilemma with Saphery, à la Malus. Highly recommend combining this with a Mixu HE game since 1. Teclis' start sucks and you can abandon it, and 2. It's the only way to get Belannaer since Saphery is hardcoded to have the "hates own race" personality.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thanks Grimgor!
wants to mash our factions together

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

yikes! posted:

Did you try the checkbox at the bottom that says something like "Enable all saves"? That works for mods but I have no clue if it will work for DLC.

Thanks, but it did not.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

wants to mash our factions together

A monster mash, if you will

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I love it when i get the "recruiter" trait once my army is full of troops.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SHISHKABOB posted:

Couldn't you rendezvous with another lord and swap off your surplus of clanrats, then use that power to get more rats? Replace rats with non-rat entities as appropriate

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

Couldn't you rendezvous with another lord and swap off your surplus of clanrats, then use that power to get more rats? Replace rats with non-rat entities as appropriate

Do I look like a rat to you!!!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SHISHKABOB posted:

Do I look like a rat to you!!!
All you four-limbed mammals look similar

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

This is one of the reasons I love to use the "Extended normal traits" mod, it gives traits like Recruiter and other more mundane(or outright useless) ones multiple stages and adds stuff like small upkeep reduction and other buffs to those traits.
It's quickly become one of my favorite mods.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Playing my first high elf vortex as Tirion and its fun times of putting out fires everywhere. Whack a mole between chaos the dark elves and the vampirates. I finally confederated the last 2 factions on the donut. Alarielle has the sword of khaine and I dont know what to do with her. For the 20 turns before she finally agreed to join me she'd just run back and forth on the northern beach bleeding attrition with her 3 unit army, holding aloft the sword and screaming something like "HOT! HOT! HOT!" I'm guessing. I might as well build up her army and send her at Malekith.

The other faction I just grabbed didn't care that the vampirates and dark elves were crawling all over his home neighborhood, he decided to push into some random towns in the northwest continent. I'm going to have to take stock of his armies there to see if I should pull back with all hands on deck defending the motherland as I start the third ritual, or maybe if they light a few fires, Malekith and his mommy will go back home.

Froggy is ahead on the ritual chain, if he beats me to the end I can just teleport to him and whup him out of the running right? Pretty sure I remembered reading that somewhere.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
How does the Etharion end game typically go? I've got my mists, i'm gonna happily be recruiting a stack of mistwalkers to defend the homeland once grom arrives (even though i've wiped out broken axe and taken the majority of the desert, which i'll be abandoning so Khemri, if I can keep them alive from the loving dino's, can take it). Does he show up on the island? Is he a spawn that comes from across the sea?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

dogstile posted:

How does the Etharion end game typically go? I've got my mists, i'm gonna happily be recruiting a stack of mistwalkers to defend the homeland once grom arrives (even though i've wiped out broken axe and taken the majority of the desert, which i'll be abandoning so Khemri, if I can keep them alive from the loving dino's, can take it). Does he show up on the island? Is he a spawn that comes from across the sea?

"Grom's Arrival" is a quest battle where he shows up on the walls of Yvresse with like two decent stacks and you fight him there. IIRC you get some kind of garrison force as well, but not Yvresse's normal full garrison. If you feel ready now you can activate it early. It should be a button near the countdown for his arrival.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
I'm thinking I want to start a Vampires ME campaign, and am torn between Mannfredd or the OG Vlad. I'm leaning Vlad, but having the stronger caster and zombie dragon is tempting. I guess I can just beat him into submission and make him in my army either way, but any thoughts?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i really hope CA do a beastmen update soon, the beastmen are (sadly appropriately for their lore) the most overlooked faction in warhammer fantasy. and when they do the update I hope they spruce up khazrak's stats and skill tree, he is a very cool character but is just undertuned right now.

heres some random screenshots:

tfw the rock hits

taurox the brass bull from mixu's legendary lords, a very cool lord if you want to watch a big minotaur trash everything. for a game 1 unit the minotaurs have great animations, but i really can't wait to see what CA will do with the combat animations for a beastmen dlc lord

exploding elves by yelling

khazrak after doing that cool ninja duel move where one guy slides in half

This is a random guess, but I think beastmen might get an update closer/during Warhammer 3, as that game will have much more of a Chaos focus. It makes more sense for the Wood Elves to get their update in 2, as this game has a massive Elf focus in general.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Sarcastastic posted:

I'm thinking I want to start a Vampires ME campaign, and am torn between Mannfredd or the OG Vlad. I'm leaning Vlad, but having the stronger caster and zombie dragon is tempting. I guess I can just beat him into submission and make him in my army either way, but any thoughts?

IMO pick Isabella for the faction-wide buffs to embedded vampires. You might have trouble confederating Mannfred though because he's really hard to contain without completely destroying him.

Honestly either way they're kind of boring to play, lots of skeleton spam. Isabella in particular really encourages giving Vlad a trash army to soak up damage with Isabella reinforcing with fast-movers.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vlad gives his entire army vanguard deployment and he's a balding dumb-rear end like Mannfred.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Isabella is generally considered the better start. Play her with one of the "confederate defeated legendary lords" mods imo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

JT Jag posted:

Isabella is generally considered the better start. Play her with one of the "confederate defeated legendary lords" mods imo

its this. you should be able to recruit vlad on turn 2. punk mannfred asap and lol as he's forced to join you via that mod. then let the Vampire Wars commence

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I'm currently doing a slow-moving VCounts campaign. Kemmler or Isabella are the most interesting starts, imo, either for getting to the bloodline lords really fast or for getting to vampire heroes en masse really fast, respectively. Personally, I think Isabella's start is more fun, since I like the VC heroes and think the new strategy of "hordes of skeletons backing a few select powerhouses" is a lot different from other factions. I also really like the Bloodlines lord mechanic and think they're more interesting to field than any of the LLs, so gently caress trying to confederate Mannfred because that's another lord you're using that isn't a bloodline lord, and he's just kind of generically boringly good.

I haven't tried it yet, but imo look into the Victory Conditions overhaul since it changes things a bit: Vlad/Isabella basically get a mirror image of the Empire's victory conditions while Mannfred/Ghorst turn into a hunt for Nagash special settlement buildings, iirc, while Kemmler's all about about turning Bretonnia into his little den. Honestly, an ideal start for me would be Isabella's campaign buffs attached to a random bloodline lord, an innate ability to recruit vampire heroes (maybe cost one kiss or something in addition to the other stuff) and a totally random start position. It might be hard, it might be fun, but it'd be different. The innate hero recruitment is only because the Mausoleum of the Mad Count is such a critical part to why I enjoy a VCounts game, and at least being able to get a few out early would be nice.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The way you play vampire counts is to pick either vlad or Isabella, beeline for Drakenhof, and then when Mannfred isn’t there just attack with your disgustingly OP lords and heroes and seize it turn 3

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
In my Make-Nice-As-Mannfred VC campaign I kept Vlad viable in his single settlement for forever before he let me confederate him (I didn't have the mod). It was worth it in the end when I got the whole Von Carstein clan together (Mannfred, Isabella, Vlad, and a generic VC I renamed Manny Jr.) to Ulthuan on a post-victory cruise to kick the dark elves out (I had the glitch where major powers will allow you to vassalize them, so Tyrion became my underling at some point).

It was a very fun game. It felt not necessarily lore-friendly, but very vamp-friendly to become pals with the order factions (aside from Karl and the minors I had to swat on my way there) and watch their border settlements rebel over and over again from corruption, sniping the ones that actually break off.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

just squeaked out a win with Clan Skryre the same turn as all the Dwarfs and Empire suddenly declared war and invaded my undefended territories (too busy fighting elves and Tomb Kings to snag their capitals). never experienced the full Ordertide before - most campaigns before had Empire, Lizardmen and sometimes High Elves fall apart early on and never recover. tbh feels like the campaign victory declaration was a little premature considering all the armies about to invade but that's warp-crazed rat-men for ya

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I finally added the mod that removes some of the fog effect and my video card no longer screams at me on the campaign map.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Dramicus posted:

This is a random guess, but I think beastmen might get an update closer/during Warhammer 3, as that game will have much more of a Chaos focus. It makes more sense for the Wood Elves to get their update in 2, as this game has a massive Elf focus in general.

on the other hand, they could save wood elves for game 3 so they have some non-chaos stuff to add, which is otherwise gonna be thin on the ground for them

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

juggalo baby coffin posted:

on the other hand, they could save wood elves for game 3 so they have some non-chaos stuff to add, which is otherwise gonna be thin on the ground for them
Yeah, I think if the third game is just Murder Demons, Magic Demons, Sexy Demons and Yucky Demons then it's going to get a bit samey. They have Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms but anything non-chaos related they can cram in would help balance the game out imo.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 22, 2020

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Two questions about vampires: undead units count towards total battlefield casualties right? So having greatswords mulch up like 200 of my skeletons at a time is fine provided I win and get a breather since it just means bigger battlefields overall?

And for the Hunger ability, does it give 4hp/sec per entity or 4hp/sec to the whole unit? Mostly, how much hp does a unit of Depth Guard get vs a Vampire?

E: there's no way Kislev isn't in as a launch faction for wh3.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
It could be the preorder faction. I want Boris to be our empire representative in the third game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kislev is probably in, but I'm not sure how they fit them onto the game 3 campaign map. I don't think the actual country would fit geographically. It seems like they'd have to do a Markus or Repanse type thing.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
The super fun plot twist would be that Kislev becomes a faction that CA have developed internally, like Vampirates, and that explains why the GW version of Kislev that's been teased for The Old World suddenly looks as much Mongolian as Russian.

ie GW start implementing factions designed by CA; they are the master now, etc

Zephro fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zephro posted:

The super fun plot twist would be that Kislev becomes a faction that CA have developed internally, like Vampirates, and that explains why the GW version of Kislev that's been teased for The Old World suddenly looks as much Mongolian as Russian.

ie GW start implementing factions designed by CA; they are the master now, etc
Based on what people have said about CA creating Cylostra from scratch and doing certain Lizardman units (how every little change or addition had to be sent to GW to be vetted and approved), I sincerely doubt this. At best, and I hope this is the case, the two are in cahoots and are working close together to make game 3 factions, considering how well TWWH2 has done after it only had a short dev cycle. Also, considering things like Chaos Dorfs are in high demand by the community but have little actual content I think the two will have to collaborate well to flesh vague details out so CA can make a good game 3 and GW IP is well represented.