Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

STAC Goat posted:

We have discovered evidence through painstaking use of the scientific method that wrestlers might by and large be idiots.

spending all their time on their bodies when they should be working their brains...shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1284529436004687872?s=21

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

i'm rolling my eyes so loving hard here

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Lid posted:

i'm rolling my eyes so loving hard here

Why?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The suggestion isn't that Heyman went to Vince and said "fire these guys" what is outright said is they weren't on the list until Heyman said "hey we're paying these two a lot of money they should be on the list too"

It's an attempt to protect their source.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Vince wanted to cut costs by getting rid of people that weren't being used, or had out-lived their shelf life for the most part, and I get the idea Heyman threw them under the bus because he was constantly using them as jobbers and made more money than he did.

They mentioned that Triple H would say things like "Well if there's no work for you on the main roster, I'd love to have you in NXT" which is probably true, but then they would've stuck out even more for being guys paid in the millions to work NXT.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Gallows and Anderson outright said that they got a ton of backstage heat from producers and creative once it came out how much they re-signed for. I seriously doubt Heyman was actually responsible for getting them fired.

Did Heyman bring up that they were overpaid in meetings when layoffs were being discussed and lie to them and Styles about it? Probably, but I bet a lot of other people brought it up as well.

Would Vince lie about who made the call and deflect the blame to someone else to placate AJ and is AJ a big enough moron to take him at his word? Absolutely

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

OctoberCountry posted:

Gallows and Anderson outright said that they got a ton of backstage heat from producers and creative once it came out how much they re-signed for. I seriously doubt Heyman was actually responsible for getting them fired.

Did Heyman bring up that they were overpaid in meetings when layoffs were being discussed and lie to them and Styles about it? Probably, but I bet a lot of other people brought it up as well.

Would Vince lie about who made the call and deflect the blame to someone else to placate AJ and is AJ a big enough moron to take him at his word? Absolutely
I can believe the story at face value. Vince had no reason to cut them because they were still in use, but when Paul Heyman was like "well there's these two job guys getting paid millions on the roster" Vince was like "Sure, cut them" so he could try and save his own wrestlers (Like Ricochet and Shayna who both got demoted the SECOND Heyman was gone)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

The suggestion isn't that Heyman went to Vince and said "fire these guys" what is outright said is they weren't on the list until Heyman said "hey we're paying these two a lot of money they should be on the list too"

The Voices of Wrestling, noted friends of Paul Heyman.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I feel like the Heyman stuff is overreported when Anderson did immediately follow by pointing out Vince has the final word on everything. They were just personally offended by Heyman (and HHH) lying. Anderson told Carano "It's just business." This is not a 2011 shoot interview where Vince couldn't stop mean old Johnny Ace from firing someone.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’d say it was all worth it if now wrestlers in the future realize WWE’s keepaway contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on but most wrestlers are stupid and we will 100% see this scenario play out again with someone else in the next 2 years
This basically. It's kind of dumb to sign an obvious talent hoarding contract, but there has always been someone happy to be '92 Pillman "the highest paid jobber in wrestling history" and I cannot fault middle-aged guys with kids taking a contract that's unmatched in years and money. Then Spring Cleaning returned in one of the 3 most profitable years in any promotions's history at a time when no wrestler has any leverage or indie dates to fall back on.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lid posted:

Hmm

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was a bit surprised they let Anderson and Gallows go because they were in the Wrestlemania main event and were on TV every week, generally pretty high up the card. They definitely weren't protected but they weren't dudes the WWE was paying to hang out at catering either. Considering this mostly happened during the period where Vince was busy with the XFL and was paying a lot more attention to Smackdown than Raw due to Fox, it was probably Heyman who was at least making the decision to use them.

It seemed to me like all the people who fit the "guys who were reportedly unhappy and trying to get out of their contract but then had a dump truck of money backed up to them" were all spite fired by Vince with COVID as the cover but that's just my take on it.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I was not surprised they were let go, because they signed a non-guaranteed deal for substantially more than their market value just to keep AEW from getting them

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mkay0 posted:

I was not surprised they were let go, because they signed a non-guaranteed deal for substantially more than their market value just to keep AEW from getting them

And they got released where AEW wasn't in a position to pick them up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pylons posted:

And they got released where AEW wasn't in a position to pick them up.

AEW didn't try to get them during their no-compete

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1284687937737650176

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Right, that's what I mean. I don't think AEW is in a position to give them a reasonable offer (setting aside their heat with management), so releasing them was a no-brainer for WWE. They don't have the overpaid talent on their budget, and AEW still doesn't pick them up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
R E M A S T E R E D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVDQRMld1Ec

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Good Brothers are just funny, charming, charismatic dudes who are dumb as all hell. They hosed themselves over in the long run for the short run and are at least honest with themselves to know it. Good Dudes. They'd have been great in AEW at the start but even ignoring the heat with management they wouldn't really add much going there now since they're already overloaded with great tag teams. They missed the window and it sucks.

AJ is dumb as gently caress though, not hard to figure out why he spent the majority of his career in TNA doing the dumbest poo poo.

Vince McMahon is just as much of a liar as Paul Heyman, he's just better at it. To me it sounds like Paul Heyman is the kind of liar who can convince you the sky is green in the moment he's talking to you but very quickly you realise he's talking bollocks. Vince will add just enough of the truth in with his lies and omit just enough so that the buck is passed or you're doing what he wants, which is honestly much more dangerous and effective.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

AJ is dumb as gently caress though, not hard to figure out why he spent the majority of his career in TNA doing the dumbest poo poo.

Dumb enough to call Dave a liar for reporting what his friends were a week away from confirming themselves, yeah.

Also, Dave watched the much of the Joey Ryan video and claims that out of the dozen accusations he saw Ryan address he may have made a point about two of them. He also talked about how each accusation should be investigated individually. In a better world that's exactly what criminal investigators would be doing with them. Alas.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jul 19, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Arbite posted:

Dumb enough to call Dave a liar for reporting what his friends were a week away from confirming themselves, yeah.

Also, Dave watched the much of the Joey Ryan video and claims that out of the dozen accusations he saw Ryan address he may have made a point about two of them. He also talked about how each accusation should be investigated individually. In a better world that's exactly what criminal investigators would be doing with them. Alas.

Maybe my negative bias is self-confirming because I've been souring so much on Dave, but I didn't dig that he called things a "cesspool" because of people jumping on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's just so much negativity about these sexual abusers on both sides y'all.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

AEW gave them an offer once and they turned it down to stay where they were unhappy

I wouldn't extend a second offer to them either even if I had the budget and they have already made it clear they regret it and made the wrong decision while burning their friends in the process so there shouldn't be any surprise about the situation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's funny to me how they described the saudi plane incident, confirming all of the stuff everyone said, then saying it wasn't what everyone said. the dopeness

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I probably would have ordered Talk'n'Shopamania if they hadn't advertised Enzo for it at the end of Fucktown. So... thanks for saving me the money hoots!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I can believe the story at face value. Vince had no reason to cut them because they were still in use, but when Paul Heyman was like "well there's these two job guys getting paid millions on the roster" Vince was like "Sure, cut them" so he could try and save his own wrestlers (Like Ricochet and Shayna who both got demoted the SECOND Heyman was gone)

Absolutely Heyman may have submitted their names when he was asked for guys to cut. But at the end of the day, if Vince was the saint that everyone who works there gets brainwashed into thinking he is, he could have said 'gently caress no we're not firing them'. The idea that Heyman put their names on the list because he didn't like them is fine, the notion that Vince was powerless to stop them from being canned is just absurd.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

njsykora posted:

There's just so much negativity about these sexual abusers on both sides y'all.

Yeah. They spent four minutes on this, at the end of the pod. We joke and embellish a lot here about what people say on pods, but here is what he actually said -

Dave posted:

When there is so many people accusing you, and there's a rep out there, its not good. That said, some of the accusers, when you read the text messages and everything like that, uh, it is, at best, very suspicious. Every one of these need to be taken on it's own, not as a group ... If you have group think they are all real, you are going to be wrong a LOT. If you have group think that none of them are real, you are going to be wrong a lot as well.... There is incredible mob mentality

Quit my sub due to annoyance of the Osprey stuff and burnout already, but certainly would have unsubscribed over this.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Luke Gallows is easily the least stupid of these chucklefucks for knowing that the WWE will just make them eat poo poo if they went there

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, dude was Festus.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll always remember Gallows telling the story of somebody asking him backstage once,"Hey do you think that Vince remembers you were Festus?" and Gallows replying,"No and for GOD'S SAKE DON'T REMIND HIM!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan's big surprise is as expected the return of Lance Storm and Bryan fucks up the reveal as only he can.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

the return of Lance Storm

Really glad he's back, Lance rules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lance's bit about his insurance not covering him if he went to America and how that could completely destroy his retirement savings if he got sick was a hell of a thing.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Lance's bit about his insurance not covering him if he went to America and how that could completely destroy his retirement savings if he got sick was a hell of a thing.

Yeah American healthcare is the best

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People kind of being surprised or calling Karl Anderson a mark should know the dude was just a guy on the US indies before he randomly had a big break as NJPW's 2nd top heavyweight foreign talent next to Giant Bernard. Him being home sick and wanting to be a star on US TV makes sense. Absolutely don't blame people taking bigger paychecks because in the end its a job about making money.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

KungFu Grip posted:

People kind of being surprised or calling Karl Anderson a mark should know the dude was just a guy on the US indies before he randomly had a big break as NJPW's 2nd top heavyweight foreign talent next to Giant Bernard. Him being home sick and wanting to be a star on US TV makes sense. Absolutely don't blame people taking bigger paychecks because in the end its a job about making money.

A man has a family he presumably loves, and has the choice to be on the road 300 days a year with one company, or home 4 or 5 days a week with another.

Karl made a terrible choice, and it bit him in the rear end. I do blame him for taking a bigger paycheck when he was already wealthy enough to afford his lifestyle, support his family, and enjoy the good life.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

‘In the end it’s about making money’ is not an obvious vote for them to go to WWE, as has been discussed at length itt

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

People kind of being surprised or calling Karl Anderson a mark should know the dude was just a guy on the US indies before he randomly had a big break as NJPW's 2nd top heavyweight foreign talent next to Giant Bernard. Him being home sick and wanting to be a star on US TV makes sense.

What about his (or anyone's) tenure in WWE would be an indication that he would be a star on US TV?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mkay0 posted:

‘In the end it’s about making money’ is not an obvious vote for them to go to WWE, as has been discussed at length itt

in a pre aew wrestling world in the united states wwe was the one offering the most money hand over fist because they were scared aew was a real thing

flashy_mcflash posted:

What about his (or anyone's) tenure in WWE would be an indication that he would be a star on US TV?

he was a guy who didn't believe wwe's backstage culture or thought maybe he was different because he had a big hook coming in as allies to top stars. literally everyone thinks they're different before actually getting into wwe until either realizing they're just another cog in the machine and are beaten down by it or supposedly don't care that they are

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

a wwe superstar tm on television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

first bit on bte is relevant to mgka/gallows and worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOg6PQJ6_1Q