Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

it's like that one scene in mission impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im sure weve seen the last of this non violent jay

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

pull off enough masks and we're all nvj deep down

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/1t7uJPJ.gifv

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?

Caesar Saladin posted:

in ten years a pack of smokes will be 90 bucks.

Apparently they stopped making Champion Ruby 40g as well so in the span of a year I've gone from buying whatever 25g used to be to dropping $100 on 50g without really thinking about it. Two bucks a gram isn't bad for tobacco, but I bet the change in pouch size is just to see how high they can push the single purchase ceiling, if everyone balked and switched to 20g or whatever it is now they'd have to shake it up again.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

NVJ was actually my parachute account, now that Bort's dead I can let that shameful secret out. When anyone asks who hand-chamfered the ride-on mower blades at Cox Industries Acacia Ridge, who was the assistant alfoil-wrap technician at the Mullumbimby Guzman Y Gomez, who was the best welding wire fetcher boy at the Kuraby railyards, it was I. My name is Non-Violent J, 2ic of 2ics. Look upon my jobs, ye mighty and despair!

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Thanks for the recommendations! Seal Rocks looks nice and I've never been there before so it's currently at the top of the list. Wollombi/Broke are lovely, I've spent a lot of time out there already though. I'll get to looking up some of the other suggestions. Hopefully soon before we all have to hermitise again, yeech

When I quit smoking, my prime motivator was that durries were too expensive and I couldn't afford them. I was newly redundant thanks to the GFC, my ex had just left me in a shitload of credit card debt, a packet of Peter Jackson extra mild 30's cost $34 and I was so stressed that I was going through a packet a day.

I thought it was expensive to smoke back then, it's flat out insane what it costs now.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

my prime motivator was when i coughed some poo poo up in the morning and it had little black specks in it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legalise weed so I can claim it as a medical deduction on my tax return.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
S.E asian cig tourism
The Patpong rd Cignal

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Choose your own adventure goosebumps book starring isaacial hurlington

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dont get the joke but im glad to be namedropped

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
What was that doom roguelike we used to play

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

bee posted:

Thanks for the recommendations! Seal Rocks looks nice and I've never been there before so it's currently at the top of the list.

its a really nice place and Treachery beach is a nice campsite that will have almost no one in it and you can have campfires.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Muk Dumpster posted:

doomRL

real good

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Muk Dumpster posted:

BurgerQuest posted:

doomRL

real good

The devs released an updated version with fancy graphics.

https://jupiterhell.com/

It's a bit dear though.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If lockdown happens again im gonna devote all my time to ascending in nethack

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
NVJ and me sitting on breadcrates behind the salvos writing design documents for an adults only pokemon romhack

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jupiter Hell kind of sucks though so just play doomRL and save your dollars for avo toast

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Isaac posted:

NVJ and me sitting on breadcrates behind the salvos writing design documents for an adults only pokemon romhack

Make it hungry jacks carpark

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Ausgbs pick your own adventure book would be cool

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its a shame they made one of the tightest roguelikes ever made using IP they dont own

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I never played DoomRL and am tempted to give Jupiter Hell a go but I agree $35.95 is a bit much for something like that.

Best roguelike ever made was never finished unfortunately, Iter Vehemens ad Necem or 'IVAN', translating to Violent Way to Death.

http://ivan.sourceforge.net/

Pleasantly surprised to learn that the community has continued working on it, even releasing a v0.58 this year https://attnam.com/index.php

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just couldn't get into jupiter hell like DoomRL. Waste of money imo.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Crying in the bathtub listening to figgkidd

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Does anyone else hear windchimes and get scared because it sounds like the movie twister

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Muk Dumpster posted:

Does anyone else hear windchimes and get scared because it sounds like the movie twister

I remember one day we were all watching the stream of someone in Mackay during the cyclones and the windchimes just kept chiming the whole time.

Also the power went out so he had to use the alternator from his motorcycle to power the livestream or something.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I remember one day we were all watching the stream of someone in Mackay during the cyclones and the windchimes just kept chiming the whole time.

Also the power went out so he had to use the alternator from his motorcycle to power the livestream or something.

I remember watching that stream holy poo poo it was freaky. Had an ex who was determined to be in a cyclone one day but also didn't want to be one of those tornado chasers it had to be natural. I could never figure out the logistics with ending up in that situation unless he was gonna go north for a "holiday" and hope one hits. Hope he achieves that dream one day.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

at least it isn't bug chasing

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
When I first watched twister I freaked the gently caress out and started wearing a belt every day just in case

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Muk Dumpster posted:

Crying in the bathtub listening to figgkidd

I purchased some Radox bath salts and had a hot bath (drunk & stoned of course). Soaked for maybe 45 mins, draining water via the plug and topping up with hot water. Then scrubbed my skin and removed the epidermis with a pumice stone.

Did not play music. Just silence.

gently caress me I feel clean. My skin is like silk.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

naeka posted:

I remember watching that stream holy poo poo it was freaky. Had an ex who was determined to be in a cyclone one day but also didn't want to be one of those tornado chasers it had to be natural. I could never figure out the logistics with ending up in that situation unless he was gonna go north for a "holiday" and hope one hits. Hope he achieves that dream one day.

Growing up in North West WA we went through a few which were quite bad, then I moved to the east coast and thought I was safe. Then I got stuck in Fiji over last Christmas due to one for a few extra days and well that was actually really good.

The island didn't have power for much of it but they did really well and we all just kind of had a school camp with the cool staff who couldn't go home, we shared extra toiletries and cloths and just made the most of it.

A+ would life threatening cyclone again.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

roughly 0.20 seconds between the nine news guy saying “the following story contains graphic images” and the pictures of kangaroo joeys having being shot with arrows flashing on screen. gj channel nine

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

NVJ choreographs the dancing team members in The Good Guy commercials — and is looking for more creative ways for people to swing around white goods

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

naeka posted:

I know I shouldn't kink shame but god drat man.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Oh wait I had my teeth out last year, I can claim that on taxes for sure!"
"The net medical expenses tax offset is no longer available from 1 July 2019"

:livintrope:

Cunts.

I was up at Airlie Beach a few years ago when a cyclone hit. Think it was 'only' a Cat 2-3 from memory, but it was fun enough.
Knocked the power out, and all my ex's family could think about was making sure they could watch a live stream of some Chinese New Year TV special, so out into the storm I went and got absolutely loving drenched looking for dinner.

Found the only takeaway in town that still had power because they installed a generator a few years before. Had a yarn to the owner while waiting, and it had apparently paid for itself the number of times the power got cut due to a storm.
Old mate triple bagged all the orders so they didn't rip in the wind while I was carrying them back to the motel. Onya mate.

Going out the day after and surveying the damage was fun. A good 2-3 boats in the harbour ripped from their anchors and just obliterated themselves against the shore.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Remember the good old days where you didn’t have to worry about Covid 19 you only had to worry about toxic bushfire smoke filled air?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Remember the good old days where you didn’t have to worry about Covid 19 you only had to worry about toxic bushfire smoke filled air?

At least you could tell where the fires where instead of it being a sneak attack by some oval office who absolutely must get the same potatoes you’re trying to select without caring a sod about social distancing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just :laffo: if you haven't completely and utterly written off the absolute shitshow that is 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I cant wait for september and the whole country to be in a recession so I can finally experience what its like to be a non-essential on the G*** C****