Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pokeyman posted:

Thanks! I see the problem. Fix incoming.

As a workaround, make sure none of your user profile fields (e.g. ICQ number) resemble a number (e.g. add a letter or something).

Nobody else comes close to your ability to fix this app up. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

I went back a few pages and didn’t see this posted. I keep getting phantom notifications for a PM that doesn’t exist. Here’s the preview and body:
When I delete it, it does delete it and removes the red notification, and says:

It’s mostly annoying as, once I delete it, it will then reoccur within hours or minutes, and I can’t figure out what might be triggering it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Yeah, I had the same experience, though mine hasn’t come back after the first delete. That’s why I asked if pms were being weird the other day. Same 12/31/01 date as well.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ve had that issue off and on before, usually when I get a new PM and delete it after reading. The system wants to flag a blank one for me for a few minutes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is the count from the JSON the same as the forum index? Often it says (0 Unread Messages, 1 New Messages) forever on me. Maybe it's grabbing the number on the left instead of the right?

Edit: I mean the other way around.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Othin posted:

Deleting my ICQ number (RIP) immediately fixed the problem.

lol

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Radium is the gift that keeps giving

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Oh hey. Images in leper’s colony. An unexpected delight

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Trevor Hale posted:

Agreed, nice!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Trevor Hale posted:

I noticed that, love a good stealth update!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

oh we can see pictures in leper’s colony now, good work :peanut:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis posted:

Yeah, I had the same experience, though mine hasn’t come back after the first delete. That’s why I asked if pms were being weird the other day. Same 12/31/01 date as well.

Correction: now it always comes back. No new pms from the first time it happened days ago, no clue what is triggering the behavior.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

`Nemesis posted:

Correction: now it always comes back. No new pms from the first time it happened days ago, no clue what is triggering the behavior.

I’ll shoot you a PM and see if it’s like that one error where a thread gets stuck until someone posts in it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Warbird posted:

I noticed that, love a good stealth update!

oops, I don’t think pokeyman realized he shipped another feature. Oh well we’ll figure out how it’s broken quicker this way

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Trevor Hale posted:

ulvir posted:

oh we can see pictures in leper’s colony now, good work :peanut:

Also want to express my gratitude for this. Thank you for a great app.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Warbird posted:

I’ll shoot you a PM and see if it’s like that one error where a thread gets stuck until someone posts in it.

Had the erroneous notification, it didn’t increment when I got your PM. I opened PMs in the app, saw yours and the error. I tried to delete the error PM and got the message about it not being on the live forums. Opened yours, backed out of it, and deleted it. The error pm hasn’t come back yet. Will update if it does.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but the pull to refresh spinner doesn’t spin in Leper’s Colony now.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Trevor Hale posted:

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but the pull to refresh spinner doesn’t spin in Leper’s Colony now.

Is this affecting production?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It seems to be okay for me.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
People F5’ing the Leper’s Colony need a fix

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

My app bugged out while shitfaced and I had to log back in and it deleted my cache.

This post was going to be a belligerent, drunk rant because it looked slightly different than I was used to pre-gently caress up.

Turns out I just didn’t reset my theme and everything is fine now.

So in the end this post is instead a thank you for this app for the past like, 7 years or whatever I’ve used it for.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

carry on then posted:

Is this affecting production?

Oops. Seems to be working now. I’ve had weird connection issues all week. Lemme blame that.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Testing, testing, 1 2 3
Just testing of a photo from the camera will upload.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sorry if this a well known problem/solution but I haven’t seen it in my limited searching. I can’t seem to post photos from my photo library. Apparently posting from the camera works though.

When I try to post from the library I get this:
Imgur API Error
File type invalid (1) (ImgurException code 1003)

Do I need to change some settings or something?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Joburg posted:

Sorry if this a well known problem/solution but I haven’t seen it in my limited searching. I can’t seem to post photos from my photo library. Apparently posting from the camera works though.

When I try to post from the library I get this:
Imgur API Error
File type invalid (1) (ImgurException code 1003)

Do I need to change some settings or something?

Yeah it has to do with the file extension that the iPhone uses.

Honestly just use the shortcut its so much easier and it has less issues.

Like this

Subjunctive posted:

I thought it was in the OP, but I was dreaming or something.

This is the one I use:

You can change the first part to pull from the clipboard if you’d rather (I have both), and I guess omit the JPEG conversion step if you’re uploading a GIF.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Loving the images in the leper’s colony. It’s definitely loading a lot slower now, but I’m not sure how much of that is coding related and how much of that is the fact there’s two image probe threads going on right now.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You are missing the .jpg extension

Joburg post=
https://i.imgur.com/VUFBa7m should be https://i.imgur.com/VUFBa7m.jpg

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I added the .jpg to step 4 in the shortcut and that worked. Thanks for the help!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Joburg posted:

I added the .jpg to step 4 in the shortcut and that worked. Thanks for the help!

awesome you probably want to make sure it outputs a timg as well since the iphone camera tends to take large pictures.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

awesome you probably want to make sure it outputs a timg as well since the iphone camera tends to take large pictures.

Thanks, will do!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Or resize.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Are twitter embeds being weird for anyone else? I see the words but not the shape of the tweet.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Trevor Hale posted:

Are twitter embeds being weird for anyone else? I see the words but not the shape of the tweet.

I was having trouble with Twitter in general, don’t think it’s the app.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Thanks! And test:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Trevor Hale posted:

Anytime twitter breaks the first place to suspect is twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Tweet Embeds work for me on SA on Safari but not in the app.