Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

We had a phantom shitter in my OCS class. He got drunk and dropped a steamer dead-center in the cadre bathroom. As luck would have it, the really cool captain on staff found the guy and just yelled at him to clean it up before the next morning. Drunken hero did not do anything of the sort, apparently just stumbling off to a drunken sleep; everyone got recalled early the next morning (off our first pass weekend/first weekend allowed to have alcohol), and this guy somehow managed to convince our battalion commander that he should get to stay in the course and commission. This was in early 2009, so the army was desperate for bodies of all ranks...and that’s probably the only thing that saved him from being thrown out.

He was recycled to the next class, and became a 2LT 3 weeks later than he had anticipated...but otherwise no other punishment (that anyone ever heard of).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I asked about the MP/MA thing. He called it an MP because he assumed I didn't know what an MA was (fair assumption). I told him that I shared the story and he laughed and said he wouldn't simplify things for me in the future if I was going to be passing the story along to people who weren't "dumb dependents".

Also, the thing that got the Phantom Shitter caught was dropping a log in the O-4 mug. He'd been loving with the ship about once a week for the past three months by carrying turds around in sandwich baggies and depositing them in conspicuous locations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Kith posted:

I got the story secondhand, so it wouldn't surprise me if something got garbled along the way - or it might be that he simplified details for my sake. Either way - it was a pistol, not a rifle.

I'm mostly concerned that I didn't have to explain "Phantom Shitter" at all.

I was hoping you'd come back and explain that the phantom shitter shat during mast.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

piL posted:

I was hoping you'd come back and explain that the phantom shitter shat during mast.

I have it on good authority that someone said "oh poo poo" after the ND. Does that count?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Kith posted:

I have it on good authority that someone said "oh poo poo" after the ND. Does that count?

Only if the accused followed with aye aye sir.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I know someone who had an extended stay with a UK army unit for something or another, and told me of a horrifying game he was introduced to called 'spatters'. Someone hides a poo poo somewhere. When it's found, someone else hides a dump. The owner of the longest hidden poo poo wins, minus anyone disqualified for getting caught or charged.

During one round, a poop couldn't be found and players DQ'd the alleged owner on suspicions that it never existed. He was vindicated weeks later once it was found hidden in a scooped out hollow inside a tub of margarine. :cry:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

loving, and I say this with the greatest possible amount of affection, Brits.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Guest2553 posted:

I know someone who had an extended stay with a UK army unit for something or another, and told me of a horrifying game he was introduced to called 'spatters'. Someone hides a poo poo somewhere. When it's found, someone else hides a dump. The owner of the longest hidden poo poo wins, minus anyone disqualified for getting caught or charged.

During one round, a poop couldn't be found and players DQ'd the alleged owner on suspicions that it never existed. He was vindicated weeks later once it was found hidden in a scooped out hollow inside a tub of margarine. :cry:

Sir, sorry to hear you were terminated from your position as... Lance Corporal for violation of the health code. But have you ever thought about serving your country from the shadows? The S.I.S. has comparable pay and fantastic benefits packages...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

New 007 origin movie looking good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'd have joined the military if I knew I could have been hide the turd champion

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

dscruffy1 posted:

I figured Phantom Shitter is someone who shits in a public space and then beats feet for someone else to discover. We had it happen fairly often in the showers at DLI.

This made a hilarious mental picture for ND'ing into a desk, so I'm fairly sure I've got my definition wrong.

I'm also extremely disappointed that "ND" wasn't a euphemism here

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is the only "I should've joined" that I can ever accept from now on lol.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Semi-related to NDs:

Linked because apparently it's loving huge and I don't wanna break tables

I knew a guy who did the same thing to gently caress with cops he drove by, using apple juice and a novelty lighter. Last I heard, his licence has been permanently revoked despite having no accident record.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I steal everything I can from recruiters whenever I can.

How many army tracksuits do you guys have? :smuggo:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

This isn't military specifically, but this was the first story I ever heard of the Phantom Shitter. From what I know about chip fabs, this probably happened more than once. This guy got creative.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jedi425 posted:

This isn't military specifically, but this was the first story I ever heard of the Phantom Shitter. From what I know about chip fabs, this probably happened more than once. This guy got creative.

Paul Riddell is also (as far as I can tell) the coiner of the phrase "Cat Piss Man". The essay has vanished from it's original hosting but is quoted in the OP of this thread.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I have unearthed something that I sent my dad several years ago. I'm not going to tell you the contents of this clip, but I will tell you that you absolutely, 100%, must listen to it. It's two minutes and some change. Do yourself the favor.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Milo and POTUS posted:

:emptyquote:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kith posted:

I have unearthed something that I sent my dad several years ago. I'm not going to tell you the contents of this clip, but I will tell you that you absolutely, 100%, must listen to it. It's two minutes and some change. Do yourself the favor.

incredibly pro click

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Memento posted:

incredibly pro click

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

We had a phantom pooper at my workplace who hit both the mens and women's rooms at all 5 locations in the plant wednesday, both floor bomb and wall smear in all 10 restrooms. It's a solid 30 minute walk to make that complete circuit, I'm like, I can't even be mad that is loving dedication

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Memento posted:

incredibly pro click

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kith posted:

Lol.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!
What if it is one of the guys assigned to watch who is the mad jacker? that's like a free pass right there!!

e: oh 2 of em.. what if it is a jacking conspiracy?!?!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

priznat posted:

What if it is one of the guys assigned to watch who is the mad jacker? that's like a free pass right there!!

e: oh 2 of em.. what if it is a jacking conspiracy?!?!

If the watches are rotated, it only gives the occasional opportunity for the conspiracy to work, and only under the conditions that they are both conspirators and share a streak of exhibitionism-voyeurism.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nothing phantom about this shitter from the OSHA thread.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Guest2553 posted:

I like to imagine that this means you win if your hidden turd is the longest.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Edit: misread.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Not exactly a phantom shitter, but I decided to prank my boss in Bagram in '06. I took an empty takeout tray to the port-a-john, dropped a deuce in it, then brought it with me when he was giving me a lift to post and conveniently left it in his Humvee.

He pulled into my post later and just yelled "Hey Wild T, thanks for the poo poo" and drove off. Good boss.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Oh my god that's amazing :allears: specially because I know in my shoes I'd be thinking free food till I opened it and the smell hit.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

I like to imagine that this means you win if your hidden turd is the longest.

This was a few years ago, maybe the barbarians developed some best-in-category awards :allears:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Wild T posted:

Not exactly a phantom shitter, but I decided to prank my boss in Bagram in '06. I took an empty takeout tray to the port-a-john, dropped a deuce in it, then brought it with me when he was giving me a lift to post and conveniently left it in his Humvee.

He pulled into my post later and just yelled "Hey Wild T, thanks for the poo poo" and drove off. Good boss.

Some good friends of ours where in the Peace Corp in Africa prior to us meeting them. We were working together in Africa talking about how we all got the shits from eating at a restaurant the other night so the husband was like - hey babe, tell them the McDonald's story.

So, they were out in the bush for 2 years after graduating from college, and as part of their out-processing in the capital, they had to get stool samples for worms, etc. Anyways, the night before, they decided to eat some McDees as they've been on rice and beans and bushmeat for a few years. Next morning, the wife collects her morning dump and they realize they have no bags but the Golden Arch - no problem. In the taxi ride on the way to the clinic they decided to stop at a mall. First mall they've been too in awhile, etc. They hop in a new taxi to head to the clinic when the husband realizes - no McDonald's bag. So some African probably hopped into a taxi and thought they scored a free McDonald's meal only to be terribly disappointed. Or the driver opened the bag and thought our friends were into some crazy poo poo.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
I had a bunch of friends who lived in a lovely rental house that was almost but not quite a punk house. One of their friends moved cities and they threw him a going away party and at one point he announced that he had to poo poo and asked if he could poo poo on the floor as a going away present to the house. They said sure so he copped a squat in the corner of the kitchen, somebody else made a tiny flag out of a toothpick and some paper that said "bless this mess" and stuck it on top and they left it there until the smell got so bad they had to clean it up.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He would never win a game of hide the poo poo

Kranrev
Jun 1, 2000

"No damn cat, and no damn cradle."

Wild T posted:

Why she wouldn't explain that before telling someone they've got hepatitis is a testament to military bedside manner.

A lifetime ago I was trying to crosstrain in the Air Force to an AFSC that required a flight physical. Flight Doc decides I should get a MRI due to some headaches in my medical record. I proceed to get this done, and notice during the procedure the technicians pointing excitedly at the screen.

A couple days later I get an email from Airman Snuffy to the effect of "The doctor has referred you to see a neurosurgeon. Please call DSN XXX-XXXX to schedule. V/r Airman Snuffy." For the rest of the day I barely contained a public freak-out while I tried to get through to the clinic, which was apparently closed for training day and the obligatory hour and a half lunch which follows to figure out what the gently caress that exactly meant.

Long story short it was simply to rule out a benign cyst on my MRI, but not before I got to be Airman Brain-Cancer.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Kranrev posted:

A lifetime ago I was trying to crosstrain in the Air Force to an AFSC that required a flight physical. Flight Doc decides I should get a MRI due to some headaches in my medical record. I proceed to get this done, and notice during the procedure the technicians pointing excitedly at the screen.

A couple days later I get an email from Airman Snuffy to the effect of "The doctor has referred you to see a neurosurgeon. Please call DSN XXX-XXXX to schedule. V/r Airman Snuffy." For the rest of the day I barely contained a public freak-out while I tried to get through to the clinic, which was apparently closed for training day and the obligatory hour and a half lunch which follows to figure out what the gently caress that exactly meant.

Long story short it was simply to rule out a benign cyst on my MRI, but not before I got to be Airman Brain-Cancer.

Was the cyst caused by rawdogging a fat German though?

Kranrev
Jun 1, 2000

"No damn cat, and no damn cradle."

Wild T posted:

Was the cyst caused by rawdogging a fat German though?

Alas I was fresh out of Osan, so it was definitely not a german.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
One day i noticed a particular hallway at the office smelled faintly of piss.

The pissy odor got worse over time, so i started avoiding the piss hall.

I was not able to avoid the piss hall all the time however, and on one of the occasions i was obligated to pass through i noticed the carpet was getting really dark and gross in the hall, and it was worst at one particular manager’s door.

Eventually ( this took weeks ) the piss smell was evident at the ends of piss hall, and there was a clear track of walked piss on the carpet through the hall, especially in and out of this one managers door. In the managers office the carpet was also clearly stained from walking through the piss all the time.

Months go by. The smell only ever gets worse.

Eventually, when the sun was at a specific angle, you could see a clear bleaching of the wood around that manager’s door knob on their office door, and a clear spatter of piss alllllllllll over the door from where some individual had sauntered up and just whizzzzed all over that doorknob.

Security tapes were reviewed. Someone apparently got fired. It was never announced who. Apparently there was a simmering grudge, perhaps??

I heard through the grapevine though, and i knew the ostensibly fired pisser. If it was regarding what i believe it was regarding, then pisser was absolutely addressing the situation in the most tactful means available.

The manager in question was laid off very soon after the pisser got fired. I choose to interpret this as additional evidence he had earned all that piss he had to get handsy with every day.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

fresh_cheese posted:

One day i noticed a particular hallway at the office smelled faintly of piss.

The pissy odor got worse over time, so i started avoiding the piss hall.

I was not able to avoid the piss hall all the time however, and on one of the occasions i was obligated to pass through i noticed the carpet was getting really dark and gross in the hall, and it was worst at one particular manager’s door.

Eventually ( this took weeks ) the piss smell was evident at the ends of piss hall, and there was a clear track of walked piss on the carpet through the hall, especially in and out of this one managers door. In the managers office the carpet was also clearly stained from walking through the piss all the time.

Months go by. The smell only ever gets worse.

Eventually, when the sun was at a specific angle, you could see a clear bleaching of the wood around that manager’s door knob on their office door, and a clear spatter of piss alllllllllll over the door from where some individual had sauntered up and just whizzzzed all over that doorknob.

Security tapes were reviewed. Someone apparently got fired. It was never announced who. Apparently there was a simmering grudge, perhaps??

I heard through the grapevine though, and i knew the ostensibly fired pisser. If it was regarding what i believe it was regarding, then pisser was absolutely addressing the situation in the most tactful means available.

The manager in question was laid off very soon after the pisser got fired. I choose to interpret this as additional evidence he had earned all that piss he had to get handsy with every day.

He may have lost his job but he won that pissing match!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!
This is making the rounds on Twitter and is kind of military adjacent (wannabe navy seals) so thought it would be suitable:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1284171501298757633.html

quote:

I want to say I was 16, maybe. My family went to Florida. I was—and still am—a passionate SCUBA diver. The water is the only place I feel graceful. I went by myself on a dive boat. There was me and maybe six other divers—all big, brawny men. I felt very small and hairless.

You have to understand dive culture. Some people like the fish. Some people like the quiet. Some people—dudes with bad fathers—like to pretend they’re NAVY Seals. They strap knives to their legs and wear huge watches and get all big-balled about how little air they use.

This boat was filled with those meatheads. On our way out to the dive site, I was like, Are we invading Bermuda? They were all strapped and wearing four-foot fins, telling tales about how they routinely dived to 300 feet and fought sharks. Several confessed underwater murders.

Today I’d be like, Sorry about your lovely childhoods. But being a teenage boy is hard in some ways. I was sort of intimidated and wanted badly to belong. I did not belong. My mummy and daddy had driven me to the boat and were waiting on shore for me with ice cream.

Anyway, we dived, and the biggest Chet of the bunch got a wicked jellyfish sting on his face, like he’d been slashed with broken glass. Whether any of his other stories were true, I had no idea. But now he had a true story about the time a jellyfish turned his lips into sausages.

We scrambled back onto the boat. The guy was screaming through his gritted teeth, so pretty quickly, he was laid out flat on the deck. Back then, the theory was that ammonia helped treat jellyfish stings. (Apparently it does not.) A good source of ammonia is… urine.

Out of nowhere, these big hairy bros started pissing on his face, like dogs fighting over a fire hydrant. I’d never seen anything like it. (I mean, where would I have?) But I still had a lot to learn about diving and manhood. I was like, Okay, I guess we’re doing this.
I shouldered into the circle and peed on him, too. I didn’t just take a tinkle on this dude, either. If you’ve ever gone diving, you know that you absorb or swallow half the ocean. You have to piss like a racehorse. It was like I was a bilge pump. I emptied a bucket on this guy.

I was reminded, years earlier, of going to Cleveland Municipal Stadium, maybe? Some ballpark that had circular urinals. I had to stand there in this circle of bikers and longshoremen and take out my tiny peen and hang one. The boat was like that, but at least I’d hit puberty.

We doused that guy like he was on fire—there was more urine on that boat deck than in the ball pit at IKEA. And then we all acted like the biggest loving heroes in the world, giving each other high fives and poo poo. It was the weirdest thing. These guys were JACKED.

We headed back to shore. Pissboy sat alone, staring out to sea. I remember thinking, He doesn’t look okay. It wasn’t just the jellyfish sting. That trip changed him. He’d gone out a man who’d never been peed on. He was coming back knowing that he could never say that again.

Everybody else was quiet, too, until one of the other guys piped up: “We shoulda pissed into cups or something, and then poured them on you. That woulda been better.” And the guy just looked over, like a man who wished everything was different, and whispered: “Yeah.”

We got back and said goodbye: six strangers brought together by fate to urinate all over another stranger’s face. My parents asked me how my dive had gone. “Great,” I said. I didn’t tell them I had peed on a man for the first time. I just ate my ice cream. It was reward enough.