Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
replaying sekiro and I'm so bad at it now. Dude how the gently caress did i ever beat genchiro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

replaying sekiro and I'm so bad at it now. Dude how the gently caress did i ever beat genchiro

It comes back to you eventually but I'm dreading some of the late game bosses again

nothing but animal crossing for most of the day but now it's time for some Beerkiro.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

It comes back to you eventually but I'm dreading some of the late game bosses again

nothing but animal crossing for most of the day but now it's time for some Beerkiro.

I totally forgot I could do the temple and kill some other bosses before him to power up, so that's nice and at least I have something to do now

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

remember this feeling, it will feel insanely good when you chump his dumb rear end later on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

somehow the first time I played this I never fought the boss after guardian ape (maybe you can make it optional with a shortcut?) so I had to learn that tonight lol,

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
genichiro is surprisingly easy even after a long hiatus. i started a game after a year break and on the first fight where youre scripted to lose to him I took one of his pips off before I hosed up just cause his combos are like really generous, he just seems impossible when youre starting. ishin on the other hand :stare:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bought and started disco elysium this week and it is very much my jam.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dildo Effluvium.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

somehow the first time I played this I never fought the boss after guardian ape (maybe you can make it optional with a shortcut?) so I had to learn that tonight lol,

which one are you referring to here

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

I spent way too long at the finale of Kiwami, grinding up Majima Everywhere rank to SSS, just to have the finale be like 2 really easy fights. Not sure whether to start 0 or Kiwami 2

you should start 0. 0 shouldn’t be missed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It’s a masterpiece Knuc.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

On the road so Switch gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Klowner posted:

which one are you referring to here

The two apes in the cave on the way to mibu.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

oh yeah I missed them on my first playthrough. they're a couple of bastards

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s a masterpiece Knuc.

The pissf****t scene had me in tears.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah if you go to mibu first they just aren't there. You'd have to go back through after killing the ape.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I ended up playing Yakuza 6 all day yesterday so I’m starting with Tsushima today. Probably going to get back on Y6 at some point though

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

got in my morning ring fit. i keep meaning to play samurai warriors 4 but every time i turn on the ps4 i just keep winding up on yakuza 5

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm going to try and play Kiwami's story, but more likely just goign to go blind playing Mahjong.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Disco Elysium FTW

Playing DS2 against the Fume Knight, easily the best fight in the game so far and as good as the best fights in 1. I loved Knight Artorias and he's pretty similar. Feel he has slightly much HP for a multiphase fight but that's about it

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i'm playing sonic unleashed for some hosed up reason

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Baxate posted:

i'm playing sonic unleashed for some hosed up reason

The Mamkute virus is spreading

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish the DE console ports would come out, I loved it but for some reason it kept crashing on my laptop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coffee Crossing.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

Disco Elysium FTW

Playing DS2 against the Fume Knight, easily the best fight in the game so far and as good as the best fights in 1. I loved Knight Artorias and he's pretty similar. Feel he has slightly much HP for a multiphase fight but that's about it

the DLC for dark souls 2 redeemed it for how the main game kinda dropped the ball. the boss fights are cool and super challenging and the areas are cool and unique.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

the DLC for dark souls 2 redeemed it for how the main game kinda dropped the ball. the boss fights are cool and super challenging and the areas are cool and unique.

yeah. shame it doesnt cancel out the bad mechanics, awful level design, garbage bosses, and terrible enemies in the main game or nix the fact that you have to play 40 hours of ds2 to get there

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the gutter + the hole in Majula is neat.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The gutter is funny because there are Heineken cans buried in the walls lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmfao really

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

2 isn't that bad imo, it's still more fun to play than most games imo lol. It has some lows but less than DaS and no heights till the DLC. Def agreed that once I get the plat I won't be returning. I'd love to do the DLC again but not worth th replay. On two weeks holidays tomorrow so gonna try wrap up Brume today and then Ivory tomorrow before DS3 all holiday.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
DS2 is really pretty which makes up for a lot of the bad stuff in it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol awesome

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Brasseye posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I only played Das remaster but DS2 is ugly as hell. It has good armour sets but some of the repeating textures are jaw dropping lol. There are so many worse ones especially in lighter areas

Also a lot of areas have really simple looking geometry

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Brasseye posted:

i cant tell if im being trolled or not but this is pissing me off either way

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I love Majula though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
speaking of games that look like poo poo, im playing ghost of tsushima all weekend, which looks the opposite of that