Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

I went to Paris and ADORED it, but I also went during a historic cold snap, so the pee fumes were frozen, the rats were dead, and there were no other tourists. So that's my Paris recommendation. Go in a blizzard.

Thanks, just got fired from the Paris Dairy Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I was in Charles De Gaulle last August, took the train straight out of the airport and back a couple of days later. While I didn't get into Paris proper, I was shocked at the huge amount of cigarette butts down on the train tracks. Wish I had snapped a picture.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/robtrench/status/1284963161284775936

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I played the Rex Hunt Fishing Adventures board game, and got into an argument with my dad over whether sharks are fish.

The short version: taxonomy is so many kinds of bullshit even scientists have kinda given up.

The best way to know if something is a fish: does it go on the seafood page on a restaurant menu.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mauser posted:

Speaking of the Flemish, i thought Paris had a reasonable amount of outdoor piss smell, but Brussels was the absolute worst on a hot day.

Brussels spouts

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sharks, like all living vertebrates other than lampreys and hagfish, are highly derived placoderms, so yes, they are fish. :colbert:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/soda_suckz/status/1284603128030076928

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"fish" is simply not a cladistic category, it's a functional one. that's fine. sharks are fish.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
And smooth as hell

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Memento posted:

The best way to know if something is a fish: does it go on the seafood page on a restaurant menu.

hushpuppies are fish prove me wrong

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

sharks are fish.

Fish tacos are a thing.
Tacos are open faced sandwiches.
Therefore, Sharks are sandwiches.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Fish tacos are a thing.

thanks, Sexual Aluminum

(your name makes me laugh :3:

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Fish tacos are a thing.

So sharks are hotdogs?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Super Soaker Party! posted:

So sharks are hotdogs?

The smoothest

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yes, obviously.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super Soaker Party! posted:

So sharks are hotdogs?

No, sharks are poptarts. :colbert:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Manager Hoyden posted:

hushpuppies are fish prove me wrong

casual dress shoes for men are fish? I guess, I mean I'm not an icthyologist but that makes sense

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

NYC has more of a fecal smell with a hint of hot garbage, except during the summer when it’s basically all hot garbage all the time.

This is pretty accurate. And whenever there is a lull in the hot garbage smell, you can really take in the hints of cigarettes and car fumes.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Bloop posted:

The smoothest

A hotdog so smooth even Mr Bibbs could swallow it?!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

explain pls

I recognise zucc but what's with the right picture?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

From the Watchmen HBO show.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

bike tory posted:

explain pls

I recognise zucc but what's with the right picture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QICABWc57B4

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Slayer posted:

A hotdog so smooth even Mr Bibbs could swallow it?!

It has a negative coefficient of friction and if you're in the same room as it you automatically swallow it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Railing Kill posted:

At the risk of self-promotion (of a podcast which has ended), my buddies and I did a podcast for a few years about old/weird/lovely board games. We played Welcome Back Kotter and the Trump game, among about a hundred others. Check out Flip the Table if you want a deeper dive into things like Murder She Wrote the Game (surprisingly good!) or Dexter the Game (breathtakingly bad!).

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2012/08/episode-9-trump-game.html?m=1

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2014/06/episode-56-welcome-back-kotter.html?m=1

Regretfully (maybe thankfully) we covered Trump before he was a nominee. We savaged him as people had been since the 80's: as a repeatedly failed businessman and reality show shitstain.

Definitely checking this out. Thanks

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

This is pretty accurate. And whenever there is a lull in the hot garbage smell, you can really take in the hints of cigarettes and car fumes.

Maybe the policy of leaving open trash bags laying around all city streets on garbage day, to let rats rip them open and strew hot rotting garbage everywhere is a plot by the NYC government to mask the odor of piss.

Also: the NYC Subways smell strongly of piss.

NYC, like the rest of the NE, is most pleasurable in the Spring and the Fall.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/OperatorMaid/status/1284993116039270401

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Memento posted:

casual dress shoes for men are fish? I guess, I mean I'm not an icthyologist but that makes sense

They must be part of the sole group.

I wonder if this guy is a reference to Slyde, the Teflon-Coated Man:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If you can't take the slyde, stay out of the slyde kitchen!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The TV show tie-in games made the Sweet Valley High board game commercial pop into my head. The internet did not disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qxZgJcmn5s

At this time, though, Sweet Valley was only a book series. There was later a TV show.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Lobok posted:

They must be part of the sole group.

I wonder if this guy is a reference to Slyde, the Teflon-Coated Man:

Not sure what you are talking about, as this guy's power is clearly to make people suck they own dick.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

JOHN SKELETON posted:

Not sure what you are talking about, as this guy's power is clearly to make people suck they own dick.

Wasting his time on Spider-Man, then, who's already plenty flexible.

And this marks the first time I've ever thought of Spider-Man sucking his own dick. A milestone of every fan eventually.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden_/status/1284610078167969792

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

I no longer remember what the actual gameplay involved.

I like the extra bonus section where you're stuck on an icy lake and the wind cries your guide's name until he goes mad

De-Faaaaaaa-goooooooo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If you can't take the slyde, stay out of the slyde kitchen!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
This is the least surprising board game tie in.

I can't believe I remembered the name exactly. It was very complicated, I'm not even sure if we played it the right way. It had dice, and a spinner, and draw cards. You could travel on the surface or do a sewer shortcut.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beachcomber posted:

I can't believe I remembered the name exactly. It was very complicated, I'm not even sure if we played it the right way. It had dice, and a spinner, and draw cards. You could travel on the surface or do a sewer shortcut.

Lmao that DeviantArt level box art

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's original art by Kevin Eastman

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Beachcomber posted:

I will never understand how memory and the human brain work, because I could not have told you that this game ever even existed, and I have absolutely no memory of ever playing it or anything about it. But as soon as I saw that board I instantly recognized it and am 100% sure that I owned it. Sometimes I forget how obsessed I was with anything TMNT related as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Rozzbot posted:

Where the heck are you small town country bumpkins from that your major metropolitan areas don't smell of piss?

I know you aren't all American because I've been to some of your cities and the piss stench is most definitely not a uniquely Parisian thing

I grew up in the Northeast and have ridden all their train-based public transportations. In 2014 I went to Toronto for the first time in my life and decided to ride their subway to a bar. I was standing on the platform and I noticed something... a little off. What was it?? There was no smell of piss! None whatsoever!! It was freaking me out I was like hyperventilating through my nostrils. The poor gentle Torontonians around me must have thought I was having an infarction. Long story short I had a lot of overpriced whiskey and beer that night and I never saw a rat. What the gently caress, Toronto??