Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Martytoof posted:

Waiting for the better TNG PICARD spinoff, “Number One” where the two badass Tal Shiar farmhands go on adventures with the doggo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Star Trek: Number One
Season 1 Episode 1
"Number two"

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Martytoof posted:

Waiting for the better animated, all ages TNG PICARD spinoff, “Number One” where the two badass Tal Shiar farmhands go on adventures with the doggo.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Martytoof posted:

Waiting for the better TNG spinoff, “Number One” where the two badass Tal Shiar farmhands go on adventures with the doggo.

IIRC, one of the ideas briefly knocked around for the show was that it would have just featured a retired Picard wandering around France with his dog.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Which would have been loving fantastic.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

We wouldn't want a philosophical, contemplative series as a follow up to what was mostly remembered as a philosophical, contemplative series. That's lame poo poo for nerds. We need explosions and borg and incest and a threat to all life in the galaxy!!!!!111!!11111eleventyone!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Picard walking around with his dog doesn't have nearly as much eye-torture as we here at CBS would prefer

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008
Wasn't it Patrick Stewart that pushed for action man? And didn't want a happy future, but wanted it to reflect the present and be full of conflict?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The show they made is Picard wandering around with his dog except without the dog.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Patrick Stewart:Picard and the later TNG movies are yet another example of why actors shouldn't be allowed in the writers room.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Senor Tron posted:

IIRC, one of the ideas briefly knocked around for the show was that it would have just featured a retired Picard wandering around France with his dog.

Infinitely better than the garbage we got.

I would pay CBS money to have Patrick Stewart just walk around France showing us the sights.

There's still hope though. Make the Section 31 show about time travel, have Picard steal a time ship and fly back to present day to do a travel show where he shows us the best places to eat/stay in rural France.

Here's the only part of that which CBS heard: Make the Section 31 show about time travel

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Much like how I think the best Jurassic World would have just been to have David Attenborough narrate a journey around a functional Jurassic Park, Jean Luc Picard just exploring 24th century Earth would be amazing.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

Strong Convections posted:

Wasn't it Patrick Stewart that pushed for action man? And didn't want a happy future, but wanted it to reflect the present and be full of conflict?

Tbh, it seems that Stewart was pushing for that kind of thing a lot earlier than people realize. I rewatched TNG recently while also checking out the background info for various episodes on Memory Alpha. The one for 'Captain's Holiday' (The Risa Indiana Jones ep) specifically states that the story came about because Stewart wanted more sex and action for Picard. Guy would've been Kirking it up way more early on if he'd had the creative control he has now.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

He must have loved filming Die Hard in Space aka Starship Mine

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Drunk in Space posted:

Tbh, it seems that Stewart was pushing for that kind of thing a lot earlier than people realize. I rewatched TNG recently while also checking out the background info for various episodes on Memory Alpha. The one for 'Captain's Holiday' (The Risa Indiana Jones ep) specifically states that the story came about because Stewart wanted more sex and action for Picard. Guy would've been Kirking it up way more early on if he'd had the creative control he has now.

Any excuse to repost this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_cwI1Xj4M

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

feedmyleg posted:

Any excuse to repost this:

I read that as a question at first and I was like "um duh, yeah?"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Infinitely better than the garbage we got.

I would pay CBS money to have Patrick Stewart just walk around France showing us the sights.

There's still hope though. Make the Section 31 show about time travel, have Picard steal a time ship and fly back to present day to do a travel show where he shows us the best places to eat/stay in rural France.

With or without the eye patch?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That’s really up to the monkey’s paw, now isn’t it?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Martytoof posted:

He must have loved filming Die Hard in Space aka Starship Mine
It’s such a good episode

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

8one6 posted:

We wouldn't want a philosophical, contemplative series as a follow up to what was mostly remembered as a philosophical, contemplative series. That's lame poo poo for nerds. We need explosions and borg and incest and a threat to all life in the galaxy!!!!!111!!11111eleventyone!!

To be fair the story started off like that and just unraveled in the last act saying nothing.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Mooseontheloose posted:

To be fair the story started off like that and just unraveled in the last act saying nothing.

There were explosions and murder and big stupid fights in the first episode though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Oh Jesus I just realized the reason they turned him into a robot was so they didn't have to pay lip service to the fact that he's a 90 year old man who gets winded going up stairs anymore, and can instead have season 2 be his stunt double beating the poo poo out of romulan orcs like in Nemesis.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 21, 2020

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd be willing to bet money the real reason they turned him into a robot was because he was originally scripted to die and the show was either meant to end or continue on without him, then the studio said nah gently caress that and mandated his survival so they were stuck with the big traumatic death the series was building towards and had to find a way to weasel out of it without having to rewrite half the show, thus mecha Picard

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

multijoe posted:

I'd be willing to bet money the real reason they turned him into a robot was because he was originally scripted to die and the show was either meant to end or continue on without him, then the studio said nah gently caress that and mandated his survival so they were stuck with the big traumatic death the series was building towards and had to find a way to weasel out of it without having to rewrite half the show, thus mecha Picard

Picard was never supposed to run for just one season, I mean that's the whole reason why they named the show "Picard". You don't kill the title character. The real reason is just hack writing, simple as that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Synths are always made in pairs so get ready for Shinzon 2.0

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Owlbear Camus posted:

Oh Jesus I just realized the reason they turned him into a robot was so they didn't have to pay lip service to the fact that he's a 90 year old man who gets winded going up stairs anymore, and can instead have season 2 be his stunt double beating the poo poo out of romulan orcs like in Nemesis.

Presuming they've planned anything at all in advance is giving them quite a bit of credit.

Wheezle fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 21, 2020

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The Bloop posted:

Synths are always made in pairs

This also doesn't make any sense.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Something about two...then six or eight because of the Dahj look-a-like that Rios met...then it's like wait, what, I forgot why already? oh, whatever, let's get on with the rest

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
STAR TREK PICARD SOLVED: The theory that unravels the entire show!! Watch now!

*4 hours of me repeating “show’s bad”*

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

HD DAD posted:

STAR TREK PICARD SOLVED: The theory that unravels the entire show!! Watch now!

*4 hours of me repeating “show’s bad”*

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Here's how you fix picard: Q shows up, snaps his fingers, and places picard in a not lovely show written by people who aren't assholes. There, saved your whole fuckin franchise, CBS. Pay me.

G-III fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 22, 2020

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Synths are always made in pairs

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Illogical

Illogical

:psyboom:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I want this Trek back :smith:

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

G-III posted:

Here's how you fix picard: Q shows up, snaps his fingers, and places picard in a not lovely show written by people who aren't assholes. There, saved your whole fuckin franchise, CBS. Pay me.
*Patrick Stewart quits because that's not his vision at all*
*CBS sues you because they lost the one draw the series had*

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

That's not true, plenty of people will watch a show with just captain... captain... uhh... well there's... the vape ladey... and adorkable murder scientist...and the robot girl... poo poo I can't remem-- Soji! The robot is Soji. And the Captain is... Ravnos, I think. It starts with an "R"

Anyway these are all great characters that people would totally watch having adventurers every week.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

*Patrick Stewart quits because that's not his vision at all*
Huh? Did John de Lancie quit?

But seriously at this point I'd rather watch a Q show than a Picard show.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
due to covid Picard season 2 is just one of the producers filming mass effect cutscenes with a camcorder off his monitor from youtube

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tighclops posted:

due to covid Picard season 2 is just one of the producers filming mass effect cutscenes with a camcorder off his monitor from youtube

This would still be more coherent and a better story than what we watched in picard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

DaveKap posted:

But seriously at this point I'd rather watch a Q show than a Picard show.

:lol: at anyone who wanted a Picard show in the first place over a show about Q and Vash odd-coupling around the Gamma quadrant together robbing planets blind of their important religious and cultural artifacts.