Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's funny that Parker Lewis was the better Ferris Bueler show than the actual Ferris Bueler show from around the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN4QB97ztIM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Parker Lewis embraced being a giant live action cartoon, while FBTV was trying for a more grounded thing.

Plus, FOX

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mu Zeta posted:

It's funny that Parker Lewis was the better Ferris Bueler show than the actual Ferris Bueler show from around the same time.

The what?! :stare:

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Mu Zeta posted:

As long as we're at it, don't forget this other "short lived early 90s sitcom based on a movie."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ9ejaid6Uw

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Naked Man Punch posted:

Speaking of 90s ensemble shows, I just learned that Parker Lewis Can't Lose is on Crackle. I haven't sat down yet to see if it holds up, but I watched this Shout TV promo and spontaneously blurted out "Oh my God, Kubiac! [pause] Wait, how do I still remember that?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzkh_PQqheY

The first 2 seasons seem to hold up if you were a fan. The 3rd season is just trash, which is how I remembered it.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
btw, this is Kubiak now:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Fivehead.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
But didn't Parker Lewis Actually Lose on numerous occasions?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

wesleywillis posted:

But didn't Parker Lewis Actually Lose on numerous occasions?
In the last season, yes.

They changed the title and Parker even commented on it a few times.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.
Which is why the show went downhill. Parker Lewis CAN'T lose, yet they went out of their way to try and make it happen.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

It’s mathematically impossible! and they just had to tempt fate and physics, didn’t they? Didn’t they?!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Naked Man Punch posted:

As long as we're at it, don't forget this other "short lived early 90s sitcom based on a movie."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ9ejaid6Uw

This is my go-to for obscure 1990s series based on a movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNwuiu0QV0s

Six episodes, including one that didn't air.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao somebody else just posted that video in the funny pics thread

game loving owned, though

well, when i was 12/13, it did

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The box to my copy is in significantly worse shape but I've still got the thing, only missing a lone mummy I think?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

The box to my copy is in significantly worse shape but I've still got the thing, only missing a lone mummy I think?

me and my dorky friends played it all the time

i got into after i was introduced to pencil and paper rpgs.

My first p&p rpg was GURPS, which can't be common

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

I played this game exactly one time and by play I mean set up then didn’t play.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

dialhforhero posted:

I really wanted this, but my Mom talked me out of it by rightly saying "who would you play it with?"

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Got a double dose here. Hero Quest AND VHS Atmosfear.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

dialhforhero posted:

My cousin was a fucker for this. Hero Quest, Space Crusade, and that Dark Tower game - "hey Sweevo, watch me spend an hour setting the game up (you're not allowed to touch any of the pieces!) and then I'll get bored and go away to do something else instead of actually playing."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Randaconda posted:

Same.

Fun fact: That board game is the reason Sierra had to change their adventure/RPG hybrid series "Hero's Quest" to "Quest for Glory" thus breaking the [blank]Quest format it had going.

Why they went with "Quest for Glory" and not, say, "Glory Quest" to keep the theme going, I don't know, other than I guess it sounds stupid, but there you are.

We also played a similar game that came with a VHS, and most of what I remember is half the VHS is sort of "in world" with a CGI Manscorpian that, honestly, was just as good as the one from The Mummy Returns despite being several years earlier, and the other half was the DM talking about playing the game and going over the rules.

Fake edit: The other one was Dragonstrike, which I think we played more of simply because it was a licensed D&D game, and we also played a lot of D&D, so we were at least already mostly familiar with the rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1_IHliRhI

Oh man, it's 30 fuckin minutes? Christ.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 19:58 on Jul 20, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
On god the Dragonstrike VHS tape. A friend had that but not the game. We used to crack up at the terrible production values.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Randaconda posted:

i got into after i was introduced to pencil and paper rpgs.

My first p&p rpg was GURPS, which can't be common

The character sheets on top of the stack when I opened my copy a couple months back were Dark Magician and Celtic Guardian which dated exactly when we played last

Croccers posted:

Got a double dose here. Hero Quest AND VHS Atmosfear.

I've been so tempted to steal my dad's copy of Atmosfear because he's not going to play it neither will i

twistedmentat posted:

On god the Dragonstrike VHS tape. A friend had that but not the game. We used to crack up at the terrible production values.

I have this but not the VHS tape. I stole dad's copy when I took Hero Quest

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Wacky Delly posted:

I really wanted this, but my Mom talked me out of it by rightly saying "who would you play it with?"

That was an absolute sick burn by your mom though.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Wacky Delly posted:

god there were so many toys i wasn't allowed to have because of this

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Killingyouguy! posted:

god there were so many toys i wasn't allowed to have because of this

Now that i'm an adult i don't let puny arguments like that stop me, ask me how many boardgames i own that require at least 3 people i have it's a lot

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLyNkbwhbvc

edit: tasteless

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Len posted:

Now that i'm an adult i don't let puny arguments like that stop me, ask me how many boardgames i own that require at least 3 people i have it's a lot

I bought 3 brand new ones in febuary. Good timing on my part.

I did have Fireball Island though! My sister and I used to play it constantly until we lost the last fireball.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

twistedmentat posted:

I bought 3 brand new ones in febuary. Good timing on my part.

I did have Fireball Island though! My sister and I used to play it constantly until we lost the last fireball.

I haven't played the original but our local game shop has the remake. It's okay I guess? I don't have any nostalgia for it but the gameplay isn't anywhere deep enough for the cost

Our local shop just got it's liquor license in March, then Dewine closed everything and they don't need to reopen to survive so they're waiting it out

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Len posted:

I haven't played the original but our local game shop has the remake. It's okay I guess? I don't have any nostalgia for it but the gameplay isn't anywhere deep enough for the cost

Our local shop just got it's liquor license in March, then Dewine closed everything and they don't need to reopen to survive so they're waiting it out

A game shop with a liquor license? Either that is where all the zima is going to or thats where all the sword related murders are about to happen. Or both.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sekhmnet posted:

A game shop with a liquor license? Either that is where all the zima is going to or thats where all the sword related murders are about to happen. Or both.

It's one of those boardgame cafes, I think most of the stock went to the owner? For awhile he was doing a weekly stream of a solo boardgame and mixing cocktails

It's been BYOB since they opened because apparently getting a license is a much longer process than it should be

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Warm weather reveals many sins. Including a dude in his 50s with this tattoo'd on his arm

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Man if I didn’t see it for myself back in the day I’d be hard-pressed to believe that was legit and not a cheap summer carnival bootleg thing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Man if I didn’t see it for myself back in the day I’d be hard-pressed to believe that was legit and not a cheap summer carnival bootleg thing

Yea, it was weird. I think the were intended to look like they were playing basketball, but It always looked like they were going to pop a cap in some fools rear end.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The Kriss Kross pants are peak 90s.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Warm weather reveals many sins. Including a dude in his 50s with this tattoo'd on his arm

Wigga da wigga da wigga da whack

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I for a fact know that there were at least two versions of it too. In my early days of middle school I wanted that shirt but instead got one where they were more dressed like generic late 80's rockers. I was pretty devastated by that.

On the other hand, my attempt to google it up, reminded me that, that shirt also had a picture on the back:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
There is special needs adult group home catty-corner from my house and one guy rocks that shirt sometimes. He also wears a lot of Mets stuff, and a different guy wears a lot of Yankees stuff, and AFAICT they get along better than 99% of hardcore Mets and Yankees fans would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hZEX3EV8SA