Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

gently caress. well this is horrible. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sudden and tragic, a huge loss.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

and loving Kissinger is still alive

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Michael Brooks not being around anymore really makes me even madder about Taibbi's stupid loving remarks today defending Andrew loving Sullivan because "we need intellectual argument to keep us responsible."

What a stupid loving rear end in a top hat, like there are a number of leftists at any level with power to pull any argument away from the disingenuous frameworks established by right-wing conservatives and their caping neo-liberal, fake opposition

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

papa horny michael posted:

Michael Brooks not being around anymore really makes me even madder about Taibbi's stupid loving remarks today defending Andrew loving Sullivan because "we need intellectual argument to keep us responsible."

What a stupid loving rear end in a top hat, like there are a number of leftists at any level with power to pull any argument away from the disingenuous frameworks established by right-wing conservatives and their caping neo-liberal, fake opposition

he is incredibly mad that you are not following the rules, which he followed, when he moved to the blasted-out wasteland of Russia to take complete advantage of their suffering

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

the majority report without michael doing the sam voice just isn't the same show

and it really sucks to lose one of the very, very few people in lefty broadcasting who cared about global politics

yeah, it's gonna be really hard to watch the show for a while now.

legitimately one of the worst tragedies to personally effect me :smith:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
whatever it was it was loving sudden he did his premium show last night

jesus

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

loving RIP Michael Brooks. His excitement to meet and interview Lula last winter was infectious and inspiring

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Goast posted:

whatever it was it was loving sudden he did his premium show last night

jesus

yeah i'm guessing either a stroke or heart attack. :(

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
pulmonary embolism is what i heard. sucks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I was gonna rip on Taibbi but drat, RIP

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Mr Interweb posted:

yeah i'm guessing either a stroke or heart attack. :(

yeah, at his age a "sudden illness" usually means "undiagnosed heart defect" or, uh, it's a euphemism for something else.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

HannibalBarca posted:

yeah, at his age a "sudden illness" usually means "undiagnosed heart defect" or, uh, it's a euphemism for something else.

cia heart attack gun :tinfoil:

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Yeah, my cousin died of an undiagnosed heart defect. He was alone in his apartment and he took a nap on his couch, his airflow was bad so he lost consciousness, and his heart just gave up. He was 27.

Didn't really follow the Michael Brooks show but loving hell man, the good really do die young, don't they?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Jesus, this is a huge loss. This year fuckin sucks man

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I'm glad he got to meet and interview Lula at least. this sucks

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

God drat that loving sucks

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
dick cheney is still alive

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

steve bannon is still alive

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

dershowitz is still alive

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loving awful, rip michael brooks

god drat

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/LulaOficial/status/1285355922559250438?s=19

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
Very upsetting

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

dick cheney is still alive

Rush Limbaugh has lost approximately half the population of Jacksonville in body weight and still somehow exists

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

what the gently caress. rip Michael brooks.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus Christ, Michael. wowzers.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

im fuckin drinking now, aint got much

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
We are in hell. Did he have any kids?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
drat I saw there was like 100 new posts in here and i was ready to be a jackass about twitter or whatever but i was not expecting legitimately awful news. this sucks man, RIP

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

God drat it. I guess it's true that only the good die young. :(

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:rip:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

holy poo poo rip :(

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i've listen to TMR on and off for a decade and used to wake up early and go for a long walk in the morning listening to it while drinking a mug of coffee, something i should really start doing again. the matt and michael mondays were always great. they did this years before anyone else and did it better than most.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

i've listen to TMR on and off for a decade and used to wake up early and go for a long walk in the morning listening to it while drinking a mug of coffee, something i should really start doing again. the matt and michael mondays were always great. they did this years before anyone else and did it better than most.

same. i started listening to them since like 2009, and i've been a daily listener ever since. michael's death impacts me in a way that i honestly can say is pretty rare. i've known people in my life that have died, but the relationships would be distant enough (both physically and emotionally) that, while obviously tragic, didn't really hit me in the same way that michael's death is doing right now. michael was a fantastic part of the MR team, and they all had great chemistry and could bounce off eachother. as great as sam, jamie and matt are, it's just not going to feel the same without michael.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, it's honestly a lot worse than when a celebrity dies. Usually it's "I liked him in that movie/album/sports team, also seemed like a nice guy, bummer I guess."

To see someone use their talents for unequivocal good as the corpus of their life's work, and to do so sincerely is such a rare thing. To see someone die so young, and to see the world denied the rest of their good works makes it seem all the more a travesty.
That's 2020 hell world for you, I guess. Rest in power, friend.

Mundrial Mantis
Aug 15, 2017

gently caress :(

Michael Brooks always seemed to have this combination of wit and giddiness in the shows and clips I saw him in. A lot of the online reaction I've seen is people outpouring how much of a nice guy he was, who cared and was working on doing good.

Just what the hell

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1285384109213155328?s=19

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

this loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1285340985346658304?s=19

I don't care about the slapfight, but were the Reade allegations properly discredited? I don't remember hearing that.