Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Another victory for the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics

NickRoweFillea posted:

Clowney to the Titans?

Goddamn would the Seahawks line be so bad if they let him walk

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know whether ending the preseason will make a meaningful difference, and whether or not it does is kinda immaterial as every team will have the same limitations. I just don't see the leagues as similar competitively in general, and wouldn't draw conclusions on one based on the other.

If the league does actually play games this year I guess we'll find out how necessary the preseason is. I think it will be rough on new udfas and less established coaching staffs, and expect some ugly games the first couple weeks, but who knows?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Preseason is fun only in that you might get to see a rookie your team drafted do something cool

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Bring this innovation to football please

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1285298509844041728

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't know whether ending the preseason will make a meaningful difference, and whether or not it does is kinda immaterial as every team will have the same limitations. I just don't see the leagues as similar competitively in general, and wouldn't draw conclusions on one based on the other.

If the league does actually play games this year I guess we'll find out how necessary the preseason is. I think it will be rough on new udfas and less established coaching staffs, and expect some ugly games the first couple weeks, but who knows?

I like the model of doing joint practices with another team. The Chargers did it twice last year with both the Saints and Rams, and ended the weeks with the preseason games against those teams.

I think you could have the week of practice and scrimmages with another team and just not have the preseason game at the end

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

4chan/K-pop stans hack it so every Cowboys/Packers/Steelers/Patriots home game has the crowd booing the home team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Clowney to the Titans?

That's been a lock since the Casey trade

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Android Apocalypse posted:

4chan/K-pop stans hack it so every Cowboys/Packers/Steelers/Patriots home game has the crowd booing the home team.

Cowboys dont need help getting booed at home

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Better Than You posted:

Who's mad irl right now?

Me, although the relationship to that and this thread is around zero.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

With nobody in the stands, would the camera angles and camera work be better / more dynamic?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Hizawk posted:

With nobody in the stands, would the camera angles and camera work be better / more dynamic?

We will finally get QB view cam instead of the inferior side angle.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
The live baseball stuff I've watched the fake crowd noise has been fine.

I can only hope they have the Boos queued up and ready when a coach decides to punt on 4th down.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
They have been putting in fake crowd noise into premier league games and it's kinda weird. Theres obviously some dude with canned effects working when a play happens so when you have a near miss he hits the "Goal then ooooooohhh" sound.

It does get funny when you get the sarcastic clap noise when someone gets injured.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Seahawks, without their twelfth man cheering just say gently caress it an mount LRAD machines to target the opposing line of scrimmage.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Skwirl posted:

Seahawks, without their twelfth man cheering just say gently caress it an mount LRAD machines to target the opposing line of scrimmage.

Seattle gonna lose every game this season just to make sure the fans still feel wanted

Noble of them

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Could they not set up some VR poo poo for fans with VR kits to use so it feels like they are in the stadium?

One of the cup finals for English football did this last year. I have no idea how much it costs though or what would be required.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Where's the app to let us have dildos thrown out on the field

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Aww man. Fan controlled dildo cannon....gently caress yeah

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Hall of famer Whitey Ford now on the field.

Pleading for some kind of sanity.

Now he’s knocked unconscious by a barrage of dildos

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Could they not set up some VR poo poo for fans with VR kits to use so it feels like they are in the stadium?

One of the cup finals for English football did this last year. I have no idea how much it costs though or what would be required.

That sounds like an insane investment for something you are only going to use for one season.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The Dave posted:

That sounds like an insane investment for something you are only going to use for one season.

You could sell virtual tickets in any season technically.

People would buy those. Especially for playoffs/Superbowls.

People with VR kits will do anything to justify the costs of them....

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CyberPingu posted:

Aww man. Fan controlled dildo cannon....gently caress yeah

Who gets to put “dildo loader” on their resume?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Who gets to put “dildo loader” on their resume?

"Why yes I worked from home, how did you know?"

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1285560598311428096?s=19

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Dave posted:

bold of you to assume this isn't going to wreck next season, too :getin:

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
It's also not that big an investment in terms of the marketing budget of the NFL. Setting up a fixed camera VR system would be super easy, the tricky part would be how you handled motion.

If you have a traditional camera guy just swinging the camera around following the action you're probably going to have half your audience barfing, but if you have a fixed viewpoint mounted up in the stands and allow your users to look anywhere they want you would have to use a 360 degree rig of some sort which would mean seams where the different camera pictures were stitched together. You would also be a long way from the action and most VR headsets still don't have great resolution or perfect focus anywhere but directly in front of your eyes, so it would probably look kind of blurry.

I don't know, I would be interested to see what they could come up with given the resources they could spend on making it as good as possible. Not that I think they'll do this, but it would be interesting.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Here's a good topic, who's a player that made you love football? Robert Brooks was one of mine along with Antonio Freeman and Sterling Sharpe.

Joe Delaney :smith:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I can’t wait for the inevitable lawsuit when the Pats are found to have been pumping subliminal messaging into their opponents sound systems

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Weebly posted:

Hall of famer Whitey Ford now on the field.

Pleading for some kind of sanity.

Now he’s knocked unconscious by a barrage of dildos

You can call them Whitey Whackers!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jivesauce posted:

It's also not that big an investment in terms of the marketing budget of the NFL. Setting up a fixed camera VR system would be super easy, the tricky part would be how you handled motion.

If you have a traditional camera guy just swinging the camera around following the action you're probably going to have half your audience barfing, but if you have a fixed viewpoint mounted up in the stands and allow your users to look anywhere they want you would have to use a 360 degree rig of some sort which would mean seams where the different camera pictures were stitched together. You would also be a long way from the action and most VR headsets still don't have great resolution or perfect focus anywhere but directly in front of your eyes, so it would probably look kind of blurry.

I don't know, I would be interested to see what they could come up with given the resources they could spend on making it as good as possible. Not that I think they'll do this, but it would be interesting.

They did this for the World Cup. I have no idea how though.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/how-to-watch-the-world-cup-uk-england-2018

It doesn't clarify if it's replays or the live games tbh. I'm 100% sure the FA cup final was live in VR.

https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/headlines/fa-cup-final-2019-bt-sport-trials-live-8k-virtual-reality-experience/

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 21, 2020

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To me the perfect demonstration that the nfl doesn't care about quality of broadcast was how resistant they were to providing pylon cams for every game.

More on the preference side of things the madden viewing angle is so much better for watching a game, I have zero understanding why that's not the default. The biggest thing I miss from live games is being able to see the secondary.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Shinjobi posted:

I would want to be the worst rated dude. Put me in, EA. Let me be the basement.

EA typically does a contest every year where if you win your name and likeness get put into the game as an undrafted rookie with (usually) terrible stats. Even recorded commentary on a surprising amount of things about your ability to play football and whatnot, particularly if you choose to be placed in as a QB.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The real question is when is madden going to make longsnapping a modeled positiin with dedicated ratings? Clark Harris has deserved membership in the 99 club for years.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

OneMoreTime posted:

EA typically does a contest every year where if you win your name and likeness get put into the game as an undrafted rookie with (usually) terrible stats. Even recorded commentary on a surprising amount of things about your ability to play football and whatnot, particularly if you choose to be placed in as a QB.

they haven't done this for years

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Dubious posted:

they haven't done this for years

They did so as recently as Madden 18, just doing a quick check of the roster. It's not very public though.

Edit: The contest, that is.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
ya, the same guy has been in the game ever since and they'll never do it again, he'll be at the bottom again in 21 because its been the same game with roster updates since. They only make new content for ultimate team

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

https://www.nfl.com/100/experiences/madden/official-rules

They still do it! It's just advertised through the NFL's website.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dubious posted:

ya, the same guy has been in the game ever since and they'll never do it again, he'll be at the bottom again in 21 because its been the same game with roster updates since. They only make new content for ultimate team

Are you still playing Mobile?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got super into mut one year in like 2014 but holy poo poo did it creep up how much it ended up costing. I mean, it was cool having Munoz at LT and RT, and I was nowhere near as much a whale as some folks, but hard pass on doing that every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Eifert Posting posted:

I got super into mut one year in like 2014 but holy poo poo did it creep up how much it ended up costing. I mean, it was cool having Munoz at LT and RT, and I was nowhere near as much a whale as some folks, but hard pass on doing that every year.

I did the same thing a couple years back on Mobile but they ruined that game for me and I quit.