Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ShimSham posted:

I've got an amazing new office/figure room/virtual classroom in my new place. It's got a brick accent wall covering half the space, it's pretty great.

With that said, It is an older home with a raised foundation. And the floors do carry a little motion when I walk through, causing my shelves to shake, causing figures to fall.

Do you guys have any suggestions on dealing with that issue? I know shelves can be easily anchored to the wall, but I don't want to drill into my brick and it still wouldn't stop the shelves from shaking from the motion in the floor. I have some Bandai stands, but not enough, and they can still shake out of those at times.

suspend the shelves from the ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ShimSham posted:

I've got an amazing new office/figure room/virtual classroom in my new place. It's got a brick accent wall covering half the space, it's pretty great.

With that said, It is an older home with a raised foundation. And the floors do carry a little motion when I walk through, causing my shelves to shake, causing figures to fall.

Do you guys have any suggestions on dealing with that issue? I know shelves can be easily anchored to the wall, but I don't want to drill into my brick and it still wouldn't stop the shelves from shaking from the motion in the floor. I have some Bandai stands, but not enough, and they can still shake out of those at times.

Do *all* of your figures fall, or is it only some of the more fidgety ones?

If it's only a few, I really like Blutack - https://www.amazon.com/Blu-Tack-S050Q-Reusable-Adhesive-75g/dp/B001FGLX72

You only need a little bit on the figure's feet and they stand up really well. Also, you get a poo poo ton of it, and it comes off clean with no residue or anything. You can even reuse it, so even though you get so much of it, I doubt you'll ever need even half.

If all of your figures are toppling over, you're gonna have to bolt the cases to the wall or something, yeah.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It Begins

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1285243094045200386?s=20

The Hasbro guys are doing a livestream tomorrow at 9 pm pacific on Facebook, hoping pre-orders are opened up immediately afterward.

https://www.facebook.com/events/283708416390680

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShimSham posted:

Is this on the first floor? Do you have crawl space access?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Endless Mike posted:

Make it $350k and you can almost get a one-bedroom condo here!

That's insane. My two flat just outside Chicago was only 280.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nanigans posted:

Do *all* of your figures fall, or is it only some of the more fidgety ones?

If it's only a few, I really like Blutack - https://www.amazon.com/Blu-Tack-S050Q-Reusable-Adhesive-75g/dp/B001FGLX72

You only need a little bit on the figure's feet and they stand up really well. Also, you get a poo poo ton of it, and it comes off clean with no residue or anything. You can even reuse it, so even though you get so much of it, I doubt you'll ever need even half.

If all of your figures are toppling over, you're gonna have to bolt the cases to the wall or something, yeah.

Blue tack can leave a residue and in the heat can actually discolor certain plastics.

Use Babybel cheese wax, it's what all the ACBA people use.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 20, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus you also get to eat the cheese.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

Blue tack can leave a residue and in the heart can actually discolor certain plastics.

Use Babybel cheese wax, it's what all the ACBA people use.

Hmm, been using it for months now and never had an issue. I guess I never look at the bottom of my figure's feet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

Plus you also get to eat the cheese.

:hmmyes: Tasty bonus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay I googled and you can also eat Blu Tack.

But still, the cheese is probably better.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Speaking of blu tack, anybody have some good links to figure stands for Legends? I have plenty of flight stands but the tack I use to keep figures still is either being affected by the warmer weather, or the more awkward figures to stand like Stryfe and Emma Frost eventually tumble over. I know this is a Action Figure 101 question but hoping there's like a bulk purchase of stands on Amazon somebody can send over.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of blu tack, anybody have some good links to figure stands for Legends? I have plenty of flight stands but the tack I use to keep figures still is either being affected by the warmer weather, or the more awkward figures to stand like Stryfe and Emma Frost eventually tumble over. I know this is a Action Figure 101 question but hoping there's like a bulk purchase of stands on Amazon somebody can send over.

https://www.amazon.com/OBITSU-Assembly-Action-Figure-Transparent/dp/B00UUTBFGY

Make sure you have one of those tiny screwdrivers you use for glasses and such. These are excellent and about $5 a piece, plus their sizes are adjustable, so you can make 'em hold just about anything/any height.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nanigans posted:

https://www.amazon.com/OBITSU-Assembly-Action-Figure-Transparent/dp/B00UUTBFGY

Make sure you have one of those tiny screwdrivers you use for glasses and such. These are excellent and about $5 a piece, plus their sizes are adjustable, so you can make 'em hold just about anything/any height.

Oh those stands are fantastic for putting figures in either flight or movement poses but I was hoping for something like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Protech-AFS-...95273197&sr=8-9

Just something small enough to stabilize the more annoying figures without stands taking up all the precious real estate in the detolf cases. Sorry I should've been more clear.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Louisgod posted:

Oh those stands are fantastic for putting figures in either flight or movement poses but I was hoping for something like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Protech-AFS-...95273197&sr=8-9

Just something small enough to stabilize the more annoying figures without stands taking up all the precious real estate in the detolf cases. Sorry I should've been more clear.

I'd just use Blue Tac or the cheese wax, then. Unless you specifically want the stand for some reason. Blue Tac really does a good job of stabilizing my 6" figures in my Detolfs and take up no space and is basically invisible unless your Detolf is on a riser or something where you'd be able to see the bottom of their feet. A little bit on each foot goes a long way at stabilizing them, especially if you're just posing them in vanilla standing poses. I live in Florida, and the heat really has never caused an issue. Maybe use...more of it???

edit: Yeah, went back and re-read your first post. Heat has never been an issue for my BlueTac for me even in Florida. Are your Detolfs in direct sunlight? That's bad for the figures in general.

Sorry I can't be of more help. No idea about the type of stand you want.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 20, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They added a second tentacle to the sentinel, and that’s it for add-ons now.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

They added a second tentacle to the sentinel, and that’s it for add-ons now.

Seems they updated the 'every 1000' text to include 'up to 9000' also, unless I just missed it.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Going up for preorder tomorrow at 9 am

Beach Head
https://twitter.com/gijoeofficial/status/1285379005223505920?s=21

Cobra Trooper
https://twitter.com/gijoeofficial/status/1285379003298258945?s=21

Roadblock
https://twitter.com/gijoeofficial/status/1285379003231227905?s=21

Baroness
https://twitter.com/gijoeofficial/status/1285379002463596544?s=21

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

HOLY SHIIIIITTTT!!! INCREDIBLE!

Ughhh, on being from Target though.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Me thinks that the GI Joe line isn't doing great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw it once at Walmart and a week later they were all gone.

So. Probably doing alright

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I don't know anything about GI Joe, but that Roadblock might be the coolest figure I've ever seen.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I've been craving a good Baroness figure from the beginning (early crush and all that). I'm cheap, so I hate that she comes with a vehicle to jack up the price, but maybe I'll be able to sell the motorcycle when it comes out. I'll probably get a Cobra trooper too. Beach Head looks great and I had the figure when I was a kid, but he always seemed like such a dick in the cartoon, I might skip him.

Now that Baroness has been revealed, my top wants remain Chuckles, Sci-Fi, and Lifeline.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Now that Baroness has been revealed, my top wants remain Chuckles, Sci-Fi, and Lifeline.

Zartan, Lady Jaye, and Tomax & Xamot are my wants. And a Storm Shadow based on his original figure.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Zartan, Lady Jaye, and Tomax & Xamot are my wants. And a Storm Shadow based on his original figure.

I think they're all inevitable, compared to my three top wants, although I hope Zartan is based on more on the toy and less on the cartoon. I'd also like Lady Jaye to be more cartoon-like than toy-like, with no hat (and hopefully a prettier face sculpt).

I'd be happy with either of the first two Storm Shadows -- the original or the 1988 good guy version in the white and gray "urban camo," with the hood and claw weapon. But he has to have a bow and be able to hold it properly, either way.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

:hai:

:haibrow:

:hurr:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pairing Baroness of all characters with a bike no one cares about is a pretty dick move, but it won't stop me from preordering it anyway. :retrogames:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

That Baroness :swoon: I still don't get what Hasbro is doing with this line. Seems a bit all over the place. What is this Cobra Island tag?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Redid the lights in my center display over the weekend and I’m happy with how it turned out. Originally I had put in some strip lights that had some bad connections and would constantly lose brightness. Installed some puck lights and it’s brighter and more dramatic. Doesn’t really match the detolfs but I don’t care.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Cocks Cable posted:

That Baroness :swoon: I still don't get what Hasbro is doing with this line. Seems a bit all over the place. What is this Cobra Island tag?

I wonder if all forthcoming waves are going to be mission-themed, or maybe just exclusive waves.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I'd be all over a rerelease of the MASS set. Man I'm still pissed I missed that.

Also, maybe I'm the lone nerd in the group, but the BAT was always the awesome thing for me. Loved Snake Eyes and all the usuals but a ROBOT with MULTIPLE ARMS? Oh poo poo, kid me loved that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bring back the lenticular chest too. I didn’t really do much GIJoe as a kid, but I did have a BAT (and Countdown).

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Also, maybe I'm the lone nerd in the group, but the BAT was always the awesome thing for me. Loved Snake Eyes and all the usuals but a ROBOT with MULTIPLE ARMS? Oh poo poo, kid me loved that.

I love BATS too, my favorite of the troop builders. Well, them and Crimson guards. And Televipers too.

I'm sure we'll get a ton of them. I really dig this new blueshirt Cobra trooper from the pictures , he's also got an optional Officer badge gauntlet thing for his wrists, very nice touch for the suckers like me who are going to buy a bajillion of them.

The figures I want most that aren't made yet - STALKER first and foremost. The Hama comics are my favorite version of Joe, so I want all those dudes basically, and he's the most important one that's not been hinted at yet aside from Hawk. After that I want Zartan, original costume Storm Shadow, Snow Job and wild bill. I want Breaker but I doubt he'll come with the bubble gum like the 25 anniversary figure did and that'll make me sad. Honestly I hope they make EVERYTHING.

Cocks Cable posted:

Not sure if you are asking about it as a subline or in the fiction? For the latter Cobra Island was Cobra HQ for a while in the marvel comics, where the first terror drome was built. It culminated in the first and best Cobra civil war; Destro's faction vs Serpentor's faction vs whatever dudes Cobra Commander could pay to stay with him (mainly Zartan and his family) vs the Joes. It ended in what is surely the most badass death scene in all of comics, when Zartan straight up merc'd Serpentor as seen in this page from Gi Joe #76:

If you're asking about it as a subline or whatever, these are being called "special missions". I'm not sure if that's how hasbro is going to brand exclusive waves or if this is just something to spice up the differences in each wave. The back of the baroness's box has a proper map of cobra island on the back though, sadly no Terror Drome there... I really want playsets!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Give me a Mutt and Junkyard you absolute cowards.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Annnnnd... sold out in under 1 minute.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

funtax posted:

Annnnnd... sold out in under 1 minute.

Yup. Thanks for nothing as always, Target.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
gently caress, I had Baroness in my cart, Target told me I had to register an account, and before it was even 9:01, she was gone from my cart and from the site.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Had in my cart hit pay and my account was locked out

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Target: *slaps website made of wet toilet paper* this baby can hold so many bots in it

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Oh wow, already sold out? What is the point of a preorder if you just sell out in seconds? Why can't scalpers just focus on Funkos and leave the actual toy lines I care about alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Exclusives are such garbage with Hasbro on every site other than Amazon.

Put me down as #1 on the list for any and all of them, if one of you finds them or gets an extra. I need those Joes in my life, that's currently my favorite figure line.