Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
fascists, fascists, all of you are fascists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Peanut President posted:

fascists, fascists, all of you are fascists

I can really hear this in his "my name is Jimmy Carter and I'm running for president" tone of voice

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
america is in a crisis, not just an oil crisis or an economic crisis, but a crisis of ALL THESE CAT LOVIN FASCISTS

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
gonna burn down the loving peanut farm to make a cat sanctuary

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Peanut President posted:

america is in a crisis, not just an oil crisis or an economic crisis, but a crisis of ALL THESE CAT LOVIN FASCISTS

Speaking as a cat lover, I’m barely social enough to pull off Unibomber style forest maniac, let alone bind myself to a bunch of other weirdos.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Peanut President posted:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Peanut President posted:

Misty Malarky Ying Yang is looking down on you from cat heaven with great disappointment, Mr. President.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Peanut President posted:

Ignoring all the racism and destruction of nature again?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/prophethusband/status/1285661999532257281

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The only ethical fascism is my fascism.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

apatheticman posted:

The only ethical fascism is my fascism.

lets be fascists together, as a people, and cooperate communally

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

china really stepping up its ambition to be the next america

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i kinda like it tbh... except for the part where it'll be really hard / impossible to repair when it inevitably breaks

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Lol imagine thinking this is a good sign for the future

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

HiroProtagonist posted:

im going to assume it’s just ol’ musky hyping his own brand of bone conduction headphones to his fanbase of credulous dorks

unless he’s claiming to sell a pair of headphones that require a surgical implant to use

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

im going to assume it’s just ol’ musky hyping his own brand of bone conduction headphones to his fanbase of credulous dorks

unless he’s claiming to sell a pair of headphones that require a surgical implant to use

Wasn't nuerolink also his name for the satellite network he wants to make too?
I can see him selling off the shelf products with some Musk branding and stickers -at a markup of course- then gouging them for access to his offbrand siriusxm, claiming both are just 'beta access' to his transhumanist cyberpunk body mods and net 4.0

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
imagine being dumb enough to want to put anything from elon in or near your body

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

redleader posted:

imagine being dumb enough to want to put anything from elon in or near your body

grimes, no....

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
haha i followed the links and he is actually claiming to have a robot that threads an interface into the brain. sincerely hoping it’s not vaporware so we can witness elon botch his live demo and lobotomize himself on stage

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

HiroProtagonist posted:

pretty sure thats what ears are for, not sure why you need to make it more dangerous and complicated for literally no benefit

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

sincerely hoping it’s not vaporware so we can witness elon botch his live demo and lobotomize himself on stage

Oh like that would even slow him down.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I liked Elon a lot more before that robotic surgical system started screaming “MUST BE STOPPED!” and drove a golf tee sized neural spike into his frontal lobe. He’s the same kind of stupid as before, but there’s a lot more public masturbation.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/hassankhan/status/1285597060604088322

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Just wait till this man realizes there is a thing called a French press and *gurgling noises as I am strangled and dragged away by the anti technology left*

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

mysterious frankie posted:

I liked Elon a lot more before that robotic surgical system started screaming “MUST BE STOPPED!” and drove a golf tee sized neural spike into his frontal lobe. He’s the same kind of stupid as before, but there’s a lot more public masturbation.
:classiclol:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

HiroProtagonist posted:

Just wait till this man realizes there is a thing called a French press and *gurgling noises as I am strangled and dragged away by the anti technology left*

that's not the first french device I'd introduce to a venture capitalist, but sure

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

pretty sure thats what ears are for, not sure why you need to make it more dangerous and complicated for literally no benefit

I mean that's Elon's MO for literally every pie in the sky idea he's ever come up with so it's par for the course

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

that's not the first french device I'd introduce to a venture capitalist, but sure

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Trabisnikof posted:

While our Pods can provide a temporary barrier and some peace of mind, during uncertain times we do advise taking additional steps to sanitize your Pod, inside and out, after each use and avoid risk of viral infections.
• While you’re out and about in your Pod, continue to practice social distancing.
• Keep Pod zipped whenever possible. Wear face covers and gloves.
• Clean and disinfect all Pod surfaces, inside and out, immediately after each use.
• Apply disinfectants that contain alcohol, bleach or hydrogen peroxide. See CDC guidelines for details.
• Avoid touching your face and wash your hands, or use sanitizer, immediately.

https://vimeo.com/129316101

Testicular Torque Wrench
Apr 14, 2016

yeet

DoubleDonut posted:

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hey Jeffrey wtf you doing man?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
New SA will be in 3D and also have tactile feedback for probations

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

New SA will be in 3D and also have tactile feedback for probations

It'll be a Unix system, just like the one in Jurassic Park!

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

There's a twitter account "VCs congratulating themselves" that's just full of stuff like that: "My french model wife complains when I get up at 5 and run a marathon every morning but it generates the creative juices necessary to keep a flotilla of billion dollar investments running. By the way, just holidayed at a remote village in the deepest Amazon, you should all go there!"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

trump neck pics just got real :magical:

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Coolness Averted posted:

Wasn't nuerolink also his name for the satellite network he wants to make too?
I can see him selling off the shelf products with some Musk branding and stickers -at a markup of course- then gouging them for access to his offbrand siriusxm, claiming both are just 'beta access' to his transhumanist cyberpunk body mods and net 4.0

it's actually much more dystopian than either of those, but still interesting. Here's a long-rear end but fun article about it.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2017/04/neuralink.html

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

It'll be a Unix system, just like the one in Jurassic Park!

Hey look if this helps to stop me getting eaten by dinosaurs I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the thing that should scare you about musk is that he's a pro grifter who can convince stupid people to back pretty much anything