Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Sounds like a lot of you are going through what the SH Figuarts people went through last week with Omen Goku and the re-released #17 and #18. I was lucky I was able to snag Goku, but a lot of people got screwed that night. They've re-released more stock in the last few days, so maybe Hasbro will do the same with your army mans and army titty fascists.

Anyway, I'm going to have to kiss my disposable income goodbye:

Mafex is making Timmverse figures.

I'm one of the only people I know who actually prefers the TNBA designs over the BTAS designs, so I'm happy they went with this version first. But 100% they'll make the BTAS version too.

I hope they also make at least a TNBA Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I fuckin hate store exclusives so much.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mafex figures often have lovely proportions... which probably works in BTAS' favor.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nanigans posted:

Mafex is making Timmverse figures.

It's the Diniverse, you philistine! :colbert:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

Mafex figures often have lovely proportions... which probably works in BTAS' favor.

I only have the Nolan 2.0 Joker and 3.0 Nolan Batman and they have pretty normal looking proportions to me. But I did hear a lot of uproar over the last Cyclops figure they released. Maybe the Wolverine too.

I have the Mafex Beskar Mandalorian and both HUSH Batman figures on preorder and the proportions look fantastic on those. But yeah, TNBA especially has some crazy rear end proportions. Batman is just an upside down triangle.

Fuzz posted:

It's the Diniverse, you philistine! :colbert:

I mean, he wrote a bunch of good episodes and created Harley, but Bruce Timm is the guy that stuck around for the entire run and co-developed the series with Eric Radomsky and Alan Burnett.

I love Dini's stories, but Timm is more the architect of the series.

Hot drat, Bruce head. Can't wait for its release....in 2022. :sigh:

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 21, 2020

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Feelin' great about the ToT turtles:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1285594276542414848

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Now make Terry

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Legends reveal livestream is full of GI Joe complaining in the comments.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 21, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Formerly SDCC stuff is only available in September from Hasbro Pulse.

First one is Logan:

Hellfire Club is #2 as expected.

The bonus tease was a yellow glove holding another yellow glove hand piece, so Rogue.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 21, 2020

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Also the 3-pack of Nimrod, Psylocke and Fantomex is an Amazon exclusive, will post the link once it's up.

e: link to the pre-order:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083PBYXX6

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 21, 2020

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Nanigans posted:

I only have the Nolan 2.0 Joker and 3.0 Nolan Batman and they have pretty normal looking proportions to me. But I did hear a lot of uproar over the last Cyclops figure they released. Maybe the Wolverine too.

I have the Mafex Beskar Mandalorian and both HUSH Batman figures on preorder and the proportions look fantastic on those. But yeah, TNBA especially has some crazy rear end proportions. Batman is just an upside down triangle.

I mean, he wrote a bunch of good episodes and created Harley, but Bruce Timm is the guy that stuck around for the entire run and co-developed the series with Eric Radomsky and Alan Burnett.

I love Dini's stories, but Timm is more the architect of the series.

Hot drat, Bruce head. Can't wait for its release....in 2022. :sigh:

Having collected the first few waves of the DC Direct DCAU figures, it’ll be nice to have some that can pose somewhat less awkwardly.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rhyno posted:

Is this on the first floor? Do you have crawl space access?
This room is on the lowest floor yeah, and there's crawl space access underneath but I haven't taken that trip down there myself yet.

I know the previous owners put a temp post underneath that room because they had a very heavy piece of furniture in the middle of it. But I'm honestly not sure if it's still down there or not, or if it's even being touched without the large furniture they had in there.

Nanigans posted:

Do *all* of your figures fall, or is it only some of the more fidgety ones?

If it's only a few, I really like Blutack - https://www.amazon.com/Blu-Tack-S050Q-Reusable-Adhesive-75g/dp/B001FGLX72

Yeah, I've used tack before, but I haven't tried it in the new place, I was planning on pairing it with the stands I do have until I can find a way to stabilize things a bit.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I don't like the wack guns that those new G.I. Joes come with. Maybe I'm a bit mental but Joes should have real guns!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I don't like the wack guns that those new G.I. Joes come with. Maybe I'm a bit mental but Joes should have real guns!

If the figures came with real guns they would would be far more expensive.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

Also the 3-pack of Nimrod, Psylocke and Fantomex is an Amazon exclusive, will post the link once it's up.

e: link to the pre-order:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083PBYXX6

I snagged this, but I only want the Psylocke, so I'll part out the other two when it comes if anyone is interested.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a toyline of black ops paramilitary assassins. Best they stick with nerf guns and sci fi lasers.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sanschel posted:

Having collected the first few waves of the DC Direct DCAU figures, it’ll be nice to have some that can pose somewhat less awkwardly.

Seriously. Especially the first few releases were not only terribly articulated but also poorly made. I got lucky, I guess, but I heard horror stories of figures being broken *in* the packaging.

I'll keep my DCC figures, I'm sure, but I'm getting at least Batman to pose in something other than a neutral standing position.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

but seriously though if you want your Gi Joes to have real guns that's a great excuse to start getting into the Little Armory line

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Only reason why I can think they are coming with sci-fi guns is that Hasbro was worried about some sort of blacklash against releasing military figures with realistic guns. Thing is I doubt anyone is really going to raise a stink about it, especially from an obviously collector focused line. Add in you have Marvel figures which are much higher profile coming with realistic firearms regularlly. It just seems an odd choice. That tends to be the number one complaint I hear from people about the line too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShimSham posted:

This room is on the lowest floor yeah, and there's crawl space access underneath but I haven't taken that trip down there myself yet.

I know the previous owners put a temp post underneath that room because they had a very heavy piece of furniture in the middle of it. But I'm honestly not sure if it's still down there or not, or if it's even being touched without the large furniture they had in there.

Yeah, I've used tack before, but I haven't tried it in the new place, I was planning on pairing it with the stands I do have until I can find a way to stabilize things a bit.

Get down there and take some pics, you can likely frame out a support easily or hire someone to do it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

I snagged this, but I only want the Psylocke, so I'll part out the other two when it comes if anyone is interested.

The only figure I don’t want is Psylocke and I’m happy to send her your way if you want to save some money.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

The only figure I don’t want is Psylocke and I’m happy to send her your way if you want to save some money.

This sounds like a plan---I'd be happy to do that!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

What is the best website to keep up on the GI Joe figure news? I feel like I'm loosing track of releases and such.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Cocks Cable posted:

What is the best website to keep up on the GI Joe figure news? I feel like I'm loosing track of releases and such.

I've been largely set by a combo of BBTS and Amazon. Some of the target wave is appealing but eff paying scalper prices.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gripweed posted:

If the figures came with real guns they would would be far more expensive.

Roadblock comes with a weapon that looks like the Aliens smart gun child me created by holding a camera tripod the wrong way.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa must have

https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/1285660341712703489?s=21

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

First one is Logan:

The bonus tease was a yellow glove holding another yellow glove hand piece, so Rogue.

I was going to buy that Magento/Xavier pack but since both Magneto likenesses were pretty mediocre I think I’ll just get this one instead.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Cocks Cable posted:

https://www.facebook.com/anythingjoespod/

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Cocks Cable posted:

https://news.hisstank.com/ might be the biggest site, but so many people on the forums are churlish, hating on everything Classified-related. The community also seems to have a conservative streak, which may or may not be a turnoff for you.

I tend to follow the G.I. Joe 6" thread on the G.I. Joe board on The Fwoosh:
http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=147

And the G.I. Joe thread on TFW2005:
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-g-i-joe-thread.247928/

Both are long, ongoing discussions, so start at the ends rather than the beginnings.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

https://news.hisstank.com/ might be the biggest site, but so many people on the forums are churlish, hating on everything Classified-related. The community also seems to have a conservative streak, which may or may not be a turnoff for you.

Yeah, HISS Tank has run off at least one GI Joe writer I know of (Paul Allor, who does the newest book).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Gotta laugh at Elizabethan bondage club figures. People who don't collect or know X-Men are gonna just be wondering what in the holy gently caress is going on and why you have BDSM figures out on the mantle.

Spidey 2099 is up for pre order but god drat with shipping and taxes he's over 300 bucks. Can't use reward points on exclusives either. Fffuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk. Gonna pass on him. It hurts but drat that's a lotta cash for a figure, some webs, some hands, and a stand.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

First one is Logan:

My first thought was that this was a play set for this scene

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Been going through some old stuff and found my Toy Biz Wesley Snipes Blade figure. That was a heck of an action figure for the price.

Super detailed movie-accurate costume and sword, decent actor likeness complete with crazy tattoo on the back of his head, intricate tiny sunglasses that actually stay on his face, a nicely tailored faux-leather trench coat that looks surprisingly good for the scale, and to top it all off, a whole motorcycle with a more detailed paint job than it probably deserved.

The bike has these little blue accents under the back fender that are like... nobody would notice if they didn't paint that, but they did anyway. The buckles on the front of his vest are separately molded pieces with multiple paint apps. My favorite detail is probably the way his sword can be sheathed on his back through the jacket.

They really went for it. This guy was Toy Biz bringing their absolute A-game. Respect where it's due. If anybody made that figure now he would be some kind of limited edition convention exclusive that costs $85.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, that whole line of figures was some serious value for the cash, especially when they went on clearance. I remember buying a couple of the hyper articulated Blades for like 2 bucks a pop. IIRC even Whistler had a removable leg brace that you could put back on if you wanted, had buckles and everything.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I'll probably get those new Mafex Batman figures, but I really love my DCC ones. The only breakage I had was with Robin, one of his hands broke at the peg and it took me about a half hour of heating the socket to pry out the broken piece with Gundam Tweezers. I had to boil the joints on most of the early releases though, and I went to great lengths to nurse them, even gingerly cutting them out of their packaging instead of pulling them as I'd heard the horror stories.

looks like bandai's going to put out a repaint of Monsterarts Biolante this december, so if you've ever wanted one and don't want to fork out two grand for a new one on ebay, you're in luck!

In other godzilla news looks like NECA's losing the license next month. It's a shame as the most recent releases were amazing, their Godzilla vs Mothra Godzilla is the best showa version in that scale, it blew away the monster arts version at like 20% of the price. And I'm saying this as someone who really loved said monsterarts release.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
drat, all those X-men movie Marvel Legends are $25 each now? That makes them seem incredibly pricey for a single figure.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

drat, all those X-men movie Marvel Legends are $25 each now? That makes them seem incredibly pricey for a single figure.

Yeah, when did that happen? I want the Logan and Hawkeye 2 pack, but lol at paying $52 for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the newly announced stuff seems to be $25 each but the Deadpool Legends (which are all comic based) and vintage Spidey waves are still $20, so hard to tell if it's specific to the Fox stuff or a jump to a new price point.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Man, coming from mostly collecting import figures, hearing that a figure that costs $25 is "too much" seems like not so bad of a problem. But then, I guess I'm more selective with the figures I get, whereas I see the appeal of collecting Black Series/Legends is having an entire roster/story arc or whatever represented, so you end up spending about as much when you collect the whole series. But I just don't have the space for something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah it's more like a $30-40 price increase to a wave, since those are 6-8 depending on if they're BAF waves or not.