Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I modelled my most played Mass Effect character after Ripley and she (and Alien 1/2) holds the same place in my heart as the Marathon series so not buying the Ripley skin would be a crime.

Also, everyone knows I kinda like lovely guns, so I don't mind the G36.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just had the dumbest BR match.

I needed to drive a vehicle for 5 min so I loaded up a solo match.

I also needed to do a mission at the hospital which I was able to knock out easy because it was super far from the circle.

Got in the SUV and started driving around the map just dicking around. I did have another mission to get into the top 15 three times so I was like eh gently caress it I'll just drive around and see how long I survive.

As I was driving around the map I had a guy pop out right in front of me and go splat kill 1 lol.

Kept driving around and came upon a pack of 4 other dudes playing bumper cars. We rammed each other for awhile and some dude came along and tried taking one of the vehicles out and I managed to run him over kill 2.

The other guys hosed off to another part of the map and I kept driving in circles doing jumps and stuff. Decided to switch to another car and see how it drove and I got out of the SUV and a dude pops out from behind a rock and I manage to head shot him (I got lucky) kill 3.

Get in the buggy as the circle closes in (25 people left). Keep driving around and see some dude running up the road in front of me and I plow right into him kill 4!

Keep driving as the circle closes down and I see one dude running out in the open and I try and run him down but he manages to dodge me and throw some C4 down and blow the poo poo out of my buggy. Its ok though I was 14th haha

So dumb but hey I lasted till I was in the top 15. I really do enjoy running people over though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I haven't been playing long but why does the game install shaders every time I load it up?

It should only do it after patches, unless you're not letting it actually finish installing them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

It should only do it after patches, unless you're not letting it actually finish installing them.

Yeah it says install complete and I've done it 3 times and it keeps installing pack 3 every time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1285672528934035457?s=21

2nd teaser is out. Looks like it’s inside the stadium and a bomb/nuke is going off. So we’re getting trains, stadium, and some part of the map probably getting glasses so far for season 5.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I remeber playing a mod of something that was basically a BR where your squad or team was in a vehicle and if you got out you died. It could also have been a dream or us shooting the poo poo back in PUBG days. Either way I want that.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

C4 being a one hit kill to any vehicle in a 45 nautical mile radius is bullshit

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

C4 being a one hit kill to any vehicle in a 45 nautical mile radius is bullshit

Yeah I wasn't that close to the c4 when the dude set it off and it exploded me. I wish I could have recorded it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still getting that alert about items may be lost please restart cod

I feel like that started happening in March

Like every five minutes I get that pop up on the walking simulator screen

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it says install complete and I've done it 3 times and it keeps installing pack 3 every time.

So, it will do it in 2 instances that i know of: after patches and if you upgrade/reinstall gfx drivers.

There are also multiple shader packs to install, multiplayer, campaign and I think coop. It only installs one at a time.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

I remeber playing a mod of something that was basically a BR where your squad or team was in a vehicle and if you got out you died. It could also have been a dream or us shooting the poo poo back in PUBG days. Either way I want that.

That was a mode in pubg, originally on custom servers then it got made a real mode on miramar for a little

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MF_James posted:

So, it will do it in 2 instances that i know of: after patches and if you upgrade/reinstall gfx drivers.

There are also multiple shader packs to install, multiplayer, campaign and I think coop. It only installs one at a time.

Oh ok thanks! I’ll keep an eye on it then. It’s not a huge deal just weird.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Where is my cat girl skin where is it

Edit: C4 needs to not be able to be thrown, only placed. I think that's it biggest problem. It's basically used a grenade you can detonate yourself right now. It's way too strong

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 22, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

RYYSZLA posted:

That was a mode in pubg, originally on custom servers then it got made a real mode on miramar for a little

Oh gently caress that's right. There's a lot of things I'm glad to be rid of with that dumbass game, and a few things I miss.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Macaluso posted:

Where is my cat girl skin where is it

Edit: C4 needs to not be able to be thrown, only placed. I think that's it biggest problem. It's basically used a grenade you can detonate yourself right now. It's way too strong

They need to do something about C4 for sure, but it's also a pretty key element in making sure elevated positions aren't overly strong. C4s throwing arc is really ideal for tossing into attics and onto lower rooftops.

You'd think frag grenades would be the obvious choice but they'd need a reduction to their fuse time or something to ever be as useful as C4. As are they're far too much of a liability. The game moves way too fast for you to be vulnerable for 3-4 seconds while you prime a frag.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1285672528934035457?s=21

2nd teaser is out. Looks like it’s inside the stadium and a bomb/nuke is going off. So we’re getting trains, stadium, and some part of the map probably getting glasses so far for season 5.

I have questions about how Warzone BR would function with both the closing gas storm as well as a nuke. Do we still race to the centre of the gas for a win, while other teams figure out how to detonate the nuke? Will the nuke be a mechanism for WZ BR matches at all, or just a once-off event that introduces changes to the map for the next season? (If so, will radiation/fallout be a factor or mechanism?)

trigger warning: flawed and not-completely-thought-through ideas ahead

I think it could be an opportunity for them to maybe think out of the box with the BR concept.

How about... instead of running toward the centre of a circle to be evacuated from a gas storm, we now have to fight for supremacy to escape to some of the bunkers and survive the nuclear blast?

This could be evolution of the BR winner-takes-all concept and have multiple 'winners', through emergent gameplay-style battles: some teams vying for a bunker to hide in (and securing a runner-up prize of sorts? survival?), or the choice to go the game-winning bunker from which the nuke gets launched. Anybody not in a bunker gets to be part of Sarah Connor's T2 dream sequence.

I know it sounds kinda like having participation medals but it may be a way for casual guys to feel less bad about never getting a win.

Of course this is just a catdrugs pipedream fantasy. We'll probably just get a mode where everybody has to run from gas like normal, while a team of sweats hacks the bunker 11 keypad and ends the match with a nuke. There are no winners, just people with a positive KDR.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm pretty sure one of my friends would stop playing altogether if there were a chance for "multiple winners" :v:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Let's be real it's just gonna be a static map change with a janky train that moves in a fixed path around the map

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

The circle will just close on the stadium probably

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

They seem to like adding little flourishes to promote players not just hunkering down and actually moving around to fight over stuff (free loadouts landing right next to each other, supply run contracts, buy stations, etc) so having a nuke that kills half a kilometer in the safe zone after around the second circle where you have to worry about the gas and the blast radius could be interesting.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They are going to open the stadium but close everything else

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fart Car '97 posted:

Let's be real it's just gonna be a static map change with a janky train that moves in a fixed path around the map

The tracks don’t even cover the entire map, just the west half of it (they were updated in S4)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

C4 is the only way to disable vehicles though and it’d be super annoying just getting ran over every game

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Having the battle be about a few bunkers a team might secure early in the match seems bad. Having the battle be about a network of bunkers interconnected with myriads of tunnels and entrances seems good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

C4 is the only way to disable vehicles though and it’d be super annoying just getting ran over every game

Hahahahaha How The gently caress Is Getting Run Over Real Haha Just Walk Away From Car Like Just Move Left Haha

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bape Culture posted:

Let me introduce you to my friends, RPG and Bouncing Betty.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was gonna say "just kill the driver" but armor makes it take a few more shots than you may have time for, compared to say Ground War where driving a vehicle means you have basically chosen death.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Black Griffon posted:

Having the battle be about a few bunkers a team might secure early in the match seems bad. Having the battle be about a network of bunkers interconnected with myriads of tunnels and entrances seems good.

yeah like i said, it wasn't a completely ready-to-ship idea, just a path I was exploring, but also:

Fart Car '97 posted:

this is going to be what we're gonna get

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What’s bouncing Betty

Not much what’s bouncing with you haha

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
The next season should introduce a cash balloon, but instead of carrying away cash you can attach yourself to it and fly up in the air before detaching and parachuting back down. This would help combat roof campers and generally reduce the amount of stair climbing experienced in game.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Fulton balloon execution which only works outdoors and telegraphs exactly where you are but would be very funny, but also fultons you can attach to people and guess what their account is yours now.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

*in a david anthony voice* ROCKET BELT!

E: Only halfway though the battle pass right now. I need to get some serious triple double catassing going in the next couple weeks.

Hey, how do I turn off auto-brace on ADS? This has never been a helpful feature and just throws off my sight picture to a weird canted angle, jerks my aim point to the side, or locks me into not being able to traverse onto the target I was tracking.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 22, 2020

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Black Griffon posted:

My shotgun loadouts will finally pay off

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

u brexit ukip it posted:

Still will be inexplicably outclassed by a fennec with a 4 foot long barrel.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

u brexit ukip it posted:

*jumps at you and OHK's you with sticks*

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Owlbear Camus posted:

*jumps at you and OHK's you with sticks*

Last night I only had the starter pistol during a hot drop and rushed a guy who had picked up a Rogue. He had no chance.

Starter pistol melee is the strongest weapon in the game.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 22, 2020

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Makes me feel old when youtube commentators don't get that the new skin is Ripley from Aliens and states "it kinda reminds me of stranger things"

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Alien should be compulsory viewing in (here's me googling the English term for the class in high school where you learn about cooking and poo poo)... home economics?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

Alien should be compulsory viewing in (here's me googling the English term for the class in high school where you learn about cooking and poo poo)... home economics?

Shop class. That movie has SO MUCH welding and blowtorching. You forget how much welding goes on in that movie till you watch it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Did they finally fully disable sprays from sticking on players in the gulag? Marking unsuspecting contestants with bright paint was great fun.