Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Just faced off against a priest as gala rogue who managed to feed me 6 albatrosses very quickly. Luckily I drew my sap which stopped me from eating another 6, but took a fair bit of face damage keeping the board clear. Lackeys gave me waxadred and headcrack, and they conceded in turn 12 the instant I used an albatross to combo out & reveal my headcrack in hand. I didn't even get to fully invoke gala or use Kronx to draw him! Maybe priest should've focused on activating his obelisk instead of tricking out albatrosses. Feels good man.

E: no regrets for a priest-hate snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I just opened a maiev and I saw a highlander wild priest deck that runs a copy- what does she get used for in that deck? What happens when a not-usually dormant minion reawakens? Is it just protective or do battlecries happen again?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Torrannor posted:

Finally! Reveal season is honestly my favorite Hearthstone season, even more than actually playing the new set, except for like the first five days after release.

:same:

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I just opened a maiev and I saw a highlander wild priest deck that runs a copy- what does she get used for in that deck? What happens when a not-usually dormant minion reawakens? Is it just protective or do battlecries happen again?

It just makes it un-interactable for 2 turns. Battlecries won’t re-trigger, but if the minion has a “When this awakens...” trigger that will go off again.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Rush also means they have no summoning sickness/can attack the turn they are no longer dormant.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKnWVZz0otI

wow...

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

:discourse:
I liked it, as in it had a wholesome and enjoyable amount of cringe

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

What happens when immovable object meets other immovable object:
https://clips.twitch.tv/BraveCourageousPidgeonResidentSleeper

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Power of Pecota posted:

What happens when immovable object meets other immovable object:
https://clips.twitch.tv/BraveCourageousPidgeonResidentSleeper

Holy poo poo I thought for a second it was some boss in single player somewhere I hadn't played yet

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

This is honestly great. Their vids have consistently been of amazing quality.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

:discourse:

edit: unfortunately I never saw another primalfin or bagurgle and finished third

peer fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 22, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Oh dear god this with Plague of Flames :stare:

Edit: Oh double dear god, this with Shadowflame. It'd resummon Kel'thuzad.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 22, 2020

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Does spellburst react to the spell before it has been cast, during or after?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Oh dear god this with Plague of Flames :stare:

Edit: Oh double dear god, this with Shadowflame. It'd resummon Kel'thuzad.

These wouldn't work, since the minion needs to be alive to trigger spellburst, even the brawl example shown in the chinese video only works if KT wins the brawl. KT combos really well with Shadow Word: Ruin and cheap removal!

Goons Are Great posted:

Does spellburst react to the spell before it has been cast, during or after?

After

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1285893644348784644

Lilian Voss again!

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1285893303234330625

Really expensive DH aoe (good synergy with tokens though!)

Aaod
May 29, 2004
I hope those of you who were angry about DH now enjoy a thousand priest matches this is what you brought on us.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

DH absolutely deserved every nerf it got. Also while I'm not playing standard my understanding was that warrior was the deck to beat after DH fell off? Bloodsworn+charge combo seems like a good enough way to burst priest but idk

In wild DH is still nasty for a large part of the field because they have four copies of battlefiend to get in enough early damage to just finish you with any amount of reach

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1285908002717999107

loving broken

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

A usually 6 Mana 3/3 removal is broken?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jeez, Brittlebone is a Priest/Warlock Vilespine. Pretty disgusting.

Lillian is fine. It's a good Tempo Rogue-ish card, which hopefully might come back since that was one of my favourite decks.

Cycle of Hatred is also fine. It's actually pretty strong, just don't think any current DH shell supports it.

Chin Strap posted:

Maybe not broken but I think it's pretty strong. There's enough health manipulation in Warlock (not only self-damage, but also healing with Nether Breath) that it's a solid consideration.

It's a stronger Aeon Reaver which I think only doesn't see play because it's situational removal. This will always hit on 6 (for Warlock :v: ).

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 22, 2020

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chin Strap posted:

Yeah that was my first thought too. And priest won't be able to use it at all if they're at 30.

Not seeing this one as busted but as soon as there is some sticky card that does self-damage/heal brittlebone is a looming spectre on the board for sure.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

There was also this revealed:

Could be a very strong Tempo card? Depends how consistently you can have a decent weapon out (also guessing this was a small reason behind the Corsair's Cache nerf).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Chin Strap posted:

That's actually really good, and it is the floor for this card's efficiency. You can play flame imp into it or use a lifesteal minion to trigger it. Definitely a better warlock card than priest card tho.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 22, 2020

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

There was also this revealed:

Could be a very strong Tempo card? Depends how consistently you can have a decent weapon out (also guessing this was a small reason behind the Corsair's Cache nerf).

Will drawing this proc the rogue quest? Seems... decent. Not OP, but 4/4 + random 3 for 4 is pretty good.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
You can't look at it as a 6 mana card, especially in control Warlock because you want to be tapping anyway

Also if Warlock/Priest get access to weapons with their DH/Paladin cross-class cards it will be very easy to drop it for just 4

Firebert fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 22, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DNK posted:

Will drawing this proc the rogue quest? Seems... decent. Not OP, but 4/4 + random 3 for 4 is pretty good.

They've clarified no, since it'd still technically be a Rogue card.

AMA quotes for reference:

quote:

Q: How do dual-class cards interact with Rogue Burgle effects (Bazaar Burglary, Vendetta, etc.)?
A: "Another class" specifically means class cards that are not your class. So Dragon's Hoard, when played by a Rogue, could discover a Hunter/Druid card, but not a Mage/Rogue card.

Q: Would the Mage/Rogue or Warrior/Rogue card in my deck (or discovered) reduce Vendetta to zero?
A: A Mage/Rogue or Warrior/Rogue card is still a Rogue card, so it would not count for Vendetta.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I guess rogue may have some additional reason to run deadly poison now. They’re rather low on weapon buffs in general — especially compared to other metas — come to think of it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
That 4/9 common Spellburst dragon is already making me Arena-sad.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DNK posted:

I guess rogue may have some additional reason to run deadly poison now. They’re rather low on weapon buffs in general — especially compared to other metas — come to think of it.

Probably worth it though. 4/4 with a random 3-drop is comparable to that SoU 3/3 that turns a Lackey into a 5/5, and that was decent for its meta.

Also just realised Headmaster K'T would have been bonkers with old Sac Pact.

Might still be? Sac Pact on a Enhanced Dreadlord to throw it into the Prime res pool?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 22, 2020

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

No Wave posted:

That's actually really good, and it is the floor for this card's efficiency.
Tbf warlock already has this and it saw minimal amount of play so I'd say that kind of floor is just okay in the current level of power instead of good

No Wave posted:

Definitely a better warlock card than priest card tho.
For sure

Firebert posted:

You can't look at it as a 6 mana card, especially in control Warlock because you want to be tapping anyway

Also if Warlock/Priest get access to weapons with their DH/Paladin cross-class cards it will be very easy to drop it for just 4
I get what you're saying but I'm still using the 6 mana lense since that's the total "vanilla" cost of the action behind playing the card :v:

I will however admit that I did not think about the potential of the cross-cards. Kinda hard to evaluate it based on that and on the possible synergy cards that you need to run for it. But if the synergy is cheap then yeah it has potential to be a staple.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 22, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If we're going with the "purely from the 6 mana minimal" perspective (and again as a Warlock card :v:),

this is a 6 mana: 3/3, draw a card, destroy a minion, punch oneself in the face. The card draw puts it over the AoO legendary whose name I can't remember.

Firebert posted:

These wouldn't work, since the minion needs to be alive to trigger spellburst, even the brawl example shown in the chinese video only works if KT wins the brawl. KT combos really well with Shadow Word: Ruin and cheap removal!

Food for thought, how would casting Reincarnate on your own HM K'T work? Would the reincarnated K'T trigger its Spellburst?

In Wild actually, think this could be niche in Big Shaman. Niche because it's fairly terrible to pull from hand/deck, but funny with something like Elemental Destruction/Reincarnate!

Also, new Silverware Golem:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 22, 2020

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Tbf warlock already has this and it saw minimal amount of play so I'd say that kind of floor is just okay in the current level of power instead of good

Isn't Keli'dan in all the quest warlock decks?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kelidan sees play, it’s better than kelidan because you can play it alongside something like crazed netherwing but it’s less of a high roll card. This sees play in those kelidan decks and in decks like zoo imho

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Also, new Silverware Golem:

If they’re not adding any more Discard Warlock support this card might as well be Wild only.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

If they’re not adding any more Discard Warlock support this card might as well be Wild only.

Imagine they will add some new stuff, although it's a bit weird it conflicts with the latest Discard support which specifically discards high cost cards.

In Wild, does Discard Warlock run stuff like PO and EVIL Genius? Thinking otherwise, an Egg might be somewhat clunky for the deck even with the synergy.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
What's the optimal quest rerolling strat now? Seems like rerolling a 60 always gives a 50 which can then theoretically be rerolled again for something better but is unlikely, meanwhile it's taken 2 days to reroll it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Quetzadilla posted:

What's the optimal quest rerolling strat now? Seems like rerolling a 60 always gives a 50 which can then theoretically be rerolled again for something better but is unlikely, meanwhile it's taken 2 days to reroll it.

keep the 60g's, roll the 50g's. The higher value ones are way too rare.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RatHat posted:

This honestly looks fine even if you don't discard it, zoo is really lacking a good egg since scarab egg rotated and desperately wants stuff to combo with Evil Genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

yikes! posted:

Isn't Keli'dan in all the quest warlock decks?
Afaik it was core for a while but then moved into the sometimes/maybe spot. Could be wrong on that though since I don't play standard and keep up with the meta/decks there through yt content on the toilet

In Wild, does Discard Warlock run stuff like PO and EVIL Genius? Thinking otherwise, an Egg might be somewhat clunky for the deck even with the synergy.
My discard quest meme deck will play this since it also has the 2 dmg aoe to pop it and it's also good for defile chains