Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
EC3 on Drake Maverick

EC3 posted:

I think NXT’s awesome and fun. Hopefully they use him to his capabilities as a story teller and a veteran presence and talent that can help mold a generation of people that might not get it yet. He’s awesome. If it was a different world and he was free to try something else, I would have been excited to see what he really could do, but at the same time in this world’s climate… NXT’s cool. They’ll let him be him. I mean, the guy pissed his pants for that company. For real pissed his pants. That wasn’t—the thing malfunctioned. Did you know this? So, someone has this great idea where he pisess his pants, send him out there with a malfunctioning [pant pisser]. It didn’t work. To watch him, he’s such a professional in the back of his mind, and he’s very paranoid, “Oh, man, I need a full tank just in case I need to pee my pants,” and he did.

Who makes someone do that? Okay, I would have done it. I’ll pee my pants right now. I don’t care. In fact I peed my pants at his bachelor party, that’s how good of a brother I am. Then, “Well I don’t know if we’re ever going to do anything with him, he’s a joke.” Why is he a joke? ‘Cause he peed his pants. Who made him? Who the f—control your narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

EC3 on Drake Maverick

Is this real?

Holy smokes

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Is this real?

Holy smokes

That's just it, why would he make it up? Plus it absolutely follows their MO.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Drake Maverick

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

EC3 being smart enough to see through the WWE BS is wild and kind of embarrassing for anyone who doesn't.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Is this real?

Holy smokes

He's not the first person to say Drake legit pissed his pants in that segment

Gumball Gumption posted:

EC3 being smart enough to see through the WWE BS is wild and kind of embarrassing for anyone who doesn't.

He looked extremely miserable basically from the callup on. When he said he was considering asking for his release even before the plague happened and "forced" their hand on doing it for him, I believe him

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 22, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Everything EC3 has done since his main roster callup has made me respect him loads and I really hope things work out for him cause he deserves better than Impact

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's absolutely one of the (many) maddening things about WWE: "Is this wrestler a mark for themselves? Let's find out by booking them as a complete loser dork idiot. Well they went along with it like a good trooper, but we can't give them a push, they're a complete loser dork idiot!"

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I'm wondering if they forced the "can't gently caress my wife till I'm 24/7 champ" Twitter poo poo on him too because that was almost as bad

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Critical posted:

I'm wondering if they forced the "can't gently caress my wife till I'm 24/7 champ" Twitter poo poo on him too because that was almost as bad

With Robert Stone tweeting every single day “I GOT RAN OVER BY A TANK” it feels a bit like talent feels like they have to drill their storylines into people’s memories or else the writers will forget about it and they’ll lose their TV time

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
EC3 wasn't even treated well in NXT, he was just kind of a guy doing stuff. Compared to the main roster run where he was glorified enhancement talent that's better but still, I was surprised at how nothing he was in NXT

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean, even Vince pissed his pants once - on live television no less

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Critical posted:

Drake probably came up with the idea, Vince thought it was funny, and he stuck some social media person with him to run that poo poo into the ground and Vince forgot it even existed like 3 hours after he first saw it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nut Bunnies posted:

EC3 wasn't even treated well in NXT, he was just kind of a guy doing stuff. Compared to the main roster run where he was glorified enhancement talent that's better but still, I was surprised at how nothing he was in NXT

Let's summarize this dude's WWE career.

EC3 debuted at NXT Takeover New Orleans in April 2018, lost his debut ladder match to Adam Cole for the NA title. He then did nothing for 9 months, with TV wins over Raul Mendoza, Fabian Archer, Kona Reeves, Marcel Barthel, Bobby Fish. TV loses to Gargano, Velveteen Dream (Takeover), Lars Sullivan, and Adam Cole. I can't even remember the reason for the Takeover match, TBH.

EC3 gets called up in January 2019 to Raw, debuts on Raw in February and defeats Ambrose in his debut match. Immediately goes 50/50 with a loss the next week to Ambrose. It is his only main roster win on Raw/SD in a normal 1-on-1 match.

Does nothing... trades wins/loses on Main Event with Apollo Crews, Tyler Breeze, and No Way Jose. Is on the winning side of an 18 man tag on SD prior to WM (win #2), shows up the Wrestlemania Battle Royal and loses. Stuck on Main Event some more. Gets thrown into the 24/7 title chase segments, briefly wins the 24/7 title for less than a show to Cedric Alexander before losing it back to Truth in June 2019. Goes back to Main Event and does nothing.

His last Raw appearance was Sept 2019 losing to Rusev, and then a loss on Main Event that same month to Gran Metalik/Lince Dorado. He then does doesn't have a match until he is fired on April 15th, 2020.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EC3 has a 5 star match in NXT.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he stinks his alt fascist shtick isnt even fresh or transgressive anymore

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Railing against cancel culture in a promo (as a face) when you're debuting for a company that parted ways with at least two talents due to misconduct (including one, Joey Ryan, that was in a stable called Cancel Culture) sure is a choice.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Is he doing a Patrick Bateman thing? Sucks rear end that Bret Easton Ellis turned out to be a huge reactionary shithead but I guess I should have seen it coming.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I can never tell if it's an excuse to get people to do the humiliating thing and then cast them aside but WWE has always done the "Book a person to be humiliated, do nothing with them because you don't respect them anymore for having been humiliated" thing. Is there a term for holding contempt for the fake bullshit you've invested your entire life into while also taking it dreadfully seriously?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can never tell if it's an excuse to get people to do the humiliating thing and then cast them aside but WWE has always done the "Book a person to be humiliated, do nothing with them because you don't respect them anymore for having been humiliated" thing. Is there a term for holding contempt for the fake bullshit you've invested your entire life into while also taking it dreadfully seriously?

Getting worked.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Entertaining yourself.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Is he doing a Patrick Bateman thing? Sucks rear end that Bret Easton Ellis turned out to be a huge reactionary shithead but I guess I should have seen it coming.

I think it's just a Kirkland Brand CM Punk thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reminder, even before his EC3 run he was Derrick Bateman and went through the entire WWE ringer including NXT Redemption. His EC3 run is his Drew McIntyre return run. So like... even if he's a piece of poo poo fascist whose 15 minutes are probably over I'm not super surprised he "gets" WWE and how they operate. He's had a better view of it than most.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eric Young spoke to Busted Open Radio

Eric Young posted:

It was time to move on from the structure of the current company, I felt I had done everything I was going to be allowed to do there. Obviously, WWE is a place I wanted to work my whole career, that was the goal. My first goal was to sign a contract to say, 'this is what I do for a living,' and I signed my first contract in 2004 with TNA. My other goal was to make it to WWE.

The NXT part went great, I was treated well, Hunter and me worked very closely on the development of Sanity and the group. I really felt like I had a say of what went on. Obviously, not the final say, but I was listened to and asked to contribute. The NXT run, Sanity was one of the top acts in the whole company. Then we transitioned to the main roster and everyone knows how that went; it didn't go well.

Sometimes you fall out of favor. It's not what you did or didn't do, I never changed who I was and I'm not going to. I'm not a political person, never have been, that's probably been a hindrance to my career. I refuse to be political. The truth is, the system is broken. It's hard to get a word in. Even when you're doing nothing, it feels like you're trying to fix people's mistakes all day. There's no creativity, they want everyone to be the same, bump the same, sell the same, and there's millions of rules, those change daily. It's really hard to understand what's going on. The system is flawed and I would say that to anyone there and Vince himself. I'm not the first person he's made a mistake on and I won't be the last person he's made a mistake on. I don't think it's anything personal. Anytime we were in a room together and we spoke, he was always respectful. We had two decently long conversations, they went well, and I thought he understood where I was coming from. I'm a man and I'm not gonna stand in a hallway for four hours to talk to him. That could be wrong and stubborn on my part, but I'm a 40-year-old man and I'm not gonna wait in the hallway like a child to maybe get five minutes to talk to him. I said my peace, he seemed to be responsive, but nothing ever came from it. I don't take it personally. He made a mistake and as the leader of the company and the person who decides everything, it's a massive mistake. You have a three-hour television show, if you can't find five minutes for Eric Young, your show is broken.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

EC3 is a solid candidate in the "biggest waste" category of discussion, because even if he himself was just okay as a performer virtually everyone gets SOME level of shot that they then proceed to fail, whereas EC3 was on the main roster for like a year and a half and had a grand total of like seven minutes of onscreen time that wasn't part of a 20-person 24/7 clusterfuck.

gently caress the guy personally, though.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’ve never been a fan of ECIII (Derrick Bateman was kinda funny) or Eric Young but it’s amazing at how efficiently WWE destroys people’s dreams

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seams posted:

I’ve never been a fan of ECIII (Derrick Bateman was kinda funny) or Eric Young but it’s amazing at how efficiently WWE destroys people’s dreams

It's not the 'E's fault they didn't have star potential

/s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

EC3 is a solid candidate in the "biggest waste" category of discussion, because even if he himself was just okay as a performer virtually everyone gets SOME level of shot that they then proceed to fail, whereas EC3 was on the main roster for like a year and a half and had a grand total of like seven minutes of onscreen time that wasn't part of a 20-person 24/7 clusterfuck.

His "shot" apparently was "getting booked to beat Moxley in Moxley's final run when they were mad at Moxley for leaving", and then them being mad at EC3 when EC3 inevitably got booed in that situation

Which, that poo poo was their own fault for putting him (either of them really!) in that position to begin with

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 22, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Eric Young spoke to Busted Open Radio

Eric Young posted:

I feel like I didn’t exist for two years. After being on TV every week for 14 or 15 years and working so hard to build your career. We’re all independent contractors. We’re all our own business. Then having a person basically take a dump on all of your hard work and discard it like nothing. It’s hard to deal with, man. It’s a huge blow to the psyche. A huge blow to the ego. But I never thought, ‘Oh, this is my fault.’ The system is just broken. It’s flawed. All the flaws are created by one person and that’s not gonna change, unfortunately. So, unfortunately, for a lot of people there, a lot of creative people and a lot of really talented people, they’re never really going to be able to fully do what they can do because of the way the system is organized. It’s sad. It’s mostly just sad and super frustrating when you’re in it. But now I can say I can smile because I don’t have to deal with that anymore.

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1286055356788027397

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Wasn't EC3's gimmick that he would look at himself in the mirror, instead of promos? Good times, I'm sure.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I mean, they're doing the same thing to fans. They take a part of wrestling or a wrestler you thought you loved and make you hate it in some way. Loved Ricochet on the indies or Japan? Well here he is cutting terrible promos and losing all the time.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's our fault for not realizing lumbering, Godzilla-like 'roid monsters aren't the greatest wrestlers ever

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Working in WWE just sounds so utterly soul destroying. I've done just about every low paying job there is but I honestly think that if you gave me the choice between going back to wiping bums and wrestling for WWE I'd still work for WWE but with a very lazy, barely there attitude.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Randaconda posted:

It's our fault for not realizing lumbering, Godzilla-like 'roid monsters aren't the greatest wrestlers ever

There are many things I'm sure Vince didn't like about EC3 but a lack of 'roids definitely wasn't one of them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its the worst of the corporate cog in the machine job but with the added perks of killing your body, never being home, and no benefits or pension.

But if you're real lucky arenas of people will cheer you for awhile and you can build some money so you can one day retire.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Apropos of this topic, Miro and Lana/CJ spent a solid half-hour or so discussing his WWE tenure on his stream today, and Miro talked about the inherent frustration of constantly losing not just from an ego perspective, but from the perspective that what he wanted most was to be the best at the thing he was doing and he reached a point where he couldn't handle not knowing what he was doing wrong or what it would take for him to ever move forward in the company, and never getting any answers or guidance from management on what he should be doing differently for them to invest in him.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rusev was good, too :smith:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Rusev is charismatic, good looking, and great in the ring. What an absolute waste. and they had him younger, too. Could have gotten 15 solid years out of him

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MotU posted:

Rusev is charismatic, good looking, and great in the ring. What an absolute waste. and they had him younger, too. Could have gotten 15 solid years out of him

exactly. He could have been a legit main eventer when they have been struggling for years to create new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

CarlCX posted:

Apropos of this topic, Miro and Lana/CJ spent a solid half-hour or so discussing his WWE tenure on his stream today, and Miro talked about the inherent frustration of constantly losing not just from an ego perspective, but from the perspective that what he wanted most was to be the best at the thing he was doing and he reached a point where he couldn't handle not knowing what he was doing wrong or what it would take for him to ever move forward in the company, and never getting any answers or guidance from management on what he should be doing differently for them to invest in him.

I think this is important in discussing how "WWE destroys dreams", and how they "take the thing you love."

Miro/Rusev is not the first or the only one to say that you don't get told what you did or didn't do wrong. Despite the multiple people with experience and industry wisdom hanging around as agents/managers etc., WWE does not tell you what you need to do to be "better" in their eyes, or what you did that made you fall out of favour.

Whether this is part of the intricate backstage web of politics etc. or if it is just because nobody knows the hows, whys. and whens of whether Vince likes/dislikes, or even forgets about a particular wrestler, I don't have any way of knowing.

But this feeling like you are being punished for something that you don't even know or understand what you did must add immensely to the weight on your shouders as you pay money out of your own pocket to rent a car for another 4+ hour drive where you will end up doing nothing and getting yelled at for being 5 mins late.